The Good News Gospel of
Why You Will Have a Better Life and Love Overseas:
A Seven Point Comparison Treatise of America vs. Abroad
An Informational and Motivational Booklet from HappierAbroad.com
This is the most important, enlightening and liberating booklet you will probably ever read!
Open it to understand why. It’s guaranteed to be unique, interesting and one-of-a-kind!
We will tell you many fascinating eye-opening truths that no one else will!
Greetings! If you are happy and content in America, then this may not interest you. However, if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
· Are you fed up with the cold, unfriendly, unapproachable, spoiled, toxic women in America?
· Do you feel alienated by America's toxic, antisocial, inauthentic, paranoid social vibe?
· Does America’s lonely, isolating, disconnected environment feel like a prison to you?
· Are you disenchanted by America’s all business culture with no fun or social connection?
· Do you feel like America is always trying to get you to be something you’re not?
Then I have Good News for you! The problem is NOT you and there is a real Solution. The truth is, America is one of the worst cultures in the world when it comes to social life, dating, mental/physical health and cost of living – all of which are documented on our website. It has a highly toxic social culture that is like a dark beast that tears you down. Why do you think so many people in America have to constantly pump themselves up with “confidence” and “positive” thinking, whereas people in other countries don’t have to do that? Why do you think there are s many mass shootings in America, but not in other countries? Think about it. So the problem is with your toxic culture and society, NOT you. The proof of the pudding is in the fact that in many overseas cultures, you WILL experience the refreshing opposite of the above.
I’m Winston Wu, Founder of HappierAbroad.com. I want to share a Big Secret with you, which is that if you are suffering from loneliness, isolation, depression and maladjustment in America, you can Solve these problems by getting out of the country and going overseas! This is because in foreign countries: You can have a better, richer and freer life overseas in the areas of love/dating, social life, freedom to be yourself, lower cost of living and healthier lifestyle! Don’t let anyone tell you that you have to stay in America and solve your problems or that the problem is you. That’s a BIG LIE! I swear it. They are WRONG, no matter how smart they are. I can promise you that.
Now if that sounds great, then we are glad that you’ve discovered us. HappierAbroad is the first movement and website that offers a Proven Overseas Solution to the toxic, inauthentic, antisocial, dysfunctional culture in America. We tell you what no one else will, by presenting the Benefits of Living and Dating Overseas that have helped many just like you. And we have a thriving online community that you can network with.
Now, you might be confused by this because you’ve always been told that everyone wants to come to America for a better life, so it doesn’t make sense to seek a better life abroad, right? Well your first lesson here is that truth is often the opposite of what the media tells you. Most immigrants come to America to make money or to have a better career. And among them, many end up in disappointment and regret, or have mixed feelings. You can ask them yourself. When you read the comparisons below, you will understand why. In fact, most immigrants, Western expats and perpetual travelers will confirm many of my comparisons below. So hear me out here.
Let me explain my case to you. Below is an in-depth comparison of America vs. most other countries in seven major areas of life, based on my observations, experiences, and documented facts. Please read it. This will be one of the most important and enlightening things you ever read. It will help you grasp the big picture of our message, so that you will understand why we are “Happier Abroad” and why you can be too. You will also feel liberated when you understand why the problem was not really you after all. We hope that it will inspire you to go overseas and become “Happier Abroad”. J
Notes and Disclaimers:
- When I refer to “most other countries” below I refer to most European countries, Russia, Ukraine, FSU Republics (e.g. Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan), Latin America, Mexico, SE Asia (e.g. Philippines and Thailand), China, etc. While not all foreign countries fit these general comparisons, most or at least many do.
- However, I would not include NE Asian countries such as Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong in my “most other countries” category because they tend to be more like America, at least for me. But some expats would disagree because they’ve had good experiences there and were happy there.
- The comparisons below are based on my extensive experiences in Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe, Asia and the Philippines. They are also based on trip reports by friends and acquaintances who went to Latin America, Mexico, China, etc. and had similar observations and experiences as me.
In America: The social environment is isolating, lonely, cliquish, paranoid, antisocial and devoid of human connection.
Lack of social connection in America
· America’s social culture is exclusive and all about cliques. Meeting people does not come easily or naturally. You have to break into cliques to meet people. The social vibe feels very cliquish, antisocial, segregated and paranoid, which is not healthy. There is no social connection or camaraderie. Social life sucks in America.
· People live in their own bubble and are disconnected. There is an ice wall between strangers (hence the term “breaking the ice”). People are cold and distant with superficial smiles. They don't talk to strangers unless it's business-related. Every stranger is seen as a potential creep. Deep down, people don’t seem to like other people.
· You don’t really meet people when you go out. Out in public, everyone keeps to themselves and minds their own business and expect you to as well. The social vibe is very antisocial. Talking to strangers is taboo. There is no real social scene like there is in Europe and Latin America. So there’s no point in going out. In America, only elderly people and senior citizens are open to talking to strangers and are down-to-earth.
· Generally, people don’t talk to strangers in America unless it’s business-related. I don’t know about you, but my gut instinct tells me there’s something wrong with that. It’s not natural or normal. And it’s very antisocial.
· If you go out alone, you stay alone and are invisible. People don’t talk to you. So what’s the point of going out?
· People don’t even talk to their neighbors. Never before in human history has there ever been a society where people don’t even talk to their neighbors. Throughout all of history, people have always been very social and connected with their neighbors. Modern America is an abnormal aberration in this sense.
· Friendships are superficial and families lack closeness. Everyone is out for themselves. No one cares about you. No one will help you if you hit rock bottom. As they say in America “It’s a cold cruel world”.
· In work environments, most co-workers do not eat together during lunch nor invite their co-workers to their home. Immigrants from Latin America, I heard, are shocked by this, because that is unheard of in Latin America.
Lack of real culture in America
· There is no real culture in America, at least by European, Russian and Latin American standards. There is only a consumerist culture, which is not a real culture, because true culture is not commercial, it is about the soul of the people. And in that regard, America is basically soulless. You can see it in the empty eyes of most Americans. And you can see it in the architecture of buildings (e.g. offices and strip malls), which is bland, soulless and conformist.
· America is a consumerist culture where people focus on consumerism rather than developing social relationships with others. That’s why it’s such a lonely country with no true social life, social connection or real friendships.
Fake inauthentic toxic American social culture
· Key point: American social culture is very fake and artificial. Thus if you are authentic and down-to-earth, you will feel alienated and out-of-place. What’s worse, you will feel like you can’t be yourself. That’s why down-to-earth people tend to feel withdrawn in America, not because they are shy, but because they can’t be themselves. Logically, to fit into a fake social culture, you must develop a fake pseudo-self, which divides you from your real self and results in psychological imbalance and fragmentation (aka mental disorder).
· Historical note: Americans weren’t always like this though. Before 1980, Americans were far more down-to-earth and acted more real and natural. During the interim between 1980 and 1990, American people and culture became more and more fake, inauthentic and toxic. And trash culture gradually became mainstream.
· Important point: Being free to “be yourself” is the ultimate meaning of freedom, and in this regard, America fails miserably. Ironically, in the “land of the free”, the authentic and deep are not “free to be themselves”.
Moral and cultural decline in America
· America is in a state of moral, cultural, spiritual and economic decline, which began in the late 20th century. Trash culture, trash media and tattoos are now mainstream. There are no virtues or strong family values, except in rural small towns. Being bad is cool, but being good and wholesome is abnormal. Everything is upside down. Good is bad and bad is good, etc. Dark forces seem to be behind it all.
· Trashy degenerate culture is now mainstream in America. You can see it in TV and movies. Back in the 50’s or 60’s, trash content was never allowed on TV. Only good quality wholesome shows were allowed to air. But nowadays, 99 percent of what’s on TV is trash content. It’s a huge difference and downgrade. There are no wholesome shows promoting family values anymore, such as “Little House on the Prairie” or “The Waltons” did back in the 70’s. Hollywood also no longer makes true romantic movies anymore either like it did decades ago.
In most other countries: The social atmosphere and vibe is more open, friendly, natural and inclusive. You can be yourself while meeting people and having fun. There is natural social connection.
Foreign social cultures more open, friendly, inclusive and down-to-earth
· The social atmosphere is more open and inclusive. People are more down-to-earth and social. They are easier to meet and connect with. Talking to strangers feels natural and relaxed. Making friends comes naturally. Social interaction flows much more smoothly.
· Key benefit: When you go out, you actually meet people, even if you’re alone. There is a real social scene where people actually want to and enjoy meeting people. Example: You can walk into a restaurant or café all by yourself, and people will socialize with you, and women will flirt with you too. It’s all fun and natural. In contrast, if you do that in America, no one will talk to you, as you know. Without a clique, you are invisible in America.
· Key benefit: You can have fun and a good social life while being yourself. That’s the beauty of it. You don’t have to be fake to fit in like in America. This is because foreign cultures and people tend to be very down-to-earth, which allows you to be yourself. It’s the most liberating and refreshing thing, if you’re not accustomed to that.
· Key benefit: There is real culture and soul. You can feel it in the air and vibe, and see it in the rich architecture, such as in Europe and Russia. Many European and Latin American countries have cultures that are very rich, romantic, passionate, soulful and artistic. So if you thrive on such qualities, you will be much more at home.
· People are more genuine and alive, with real emotions and souls. Thus you feel more alive as well.
Natural social connection overseas
· There is real connection and camaraderie with others. You never feel isolated, even when you are alone.
· Friendships are truer and families are closer. Cooperation is placed over competition.
· At work, people are much more likely to eat together and invite their co-workers out or to visit their home.
· In poorer countries such as Mexico, Cuba or the Philippines, most people have little money, so they focus on developing social relationships with others. Thus they are not lonely or isolated from others.
· Important point: What the US media will never tell you, is that while people in poor third world countries suffer from poverty, they do not suffer from loneliness, isolation and social disconnection like many do in America. They do not have this epidemic of loneliness where people have trouble making friends, and guys have trouble getting dates, like in America. Thus there are tradeoffs between first and third world nations. But the US media only cares about economic issues, as if that’s all that matters and having a job is all you need to be happy. They are wrong.
In America: Trying to meet and date women is a highly negative, unfriendly and unnatural experience. There is no real dating scene. Men have little or no dating choices.
Unapproachable unfriendly women in America
· America’s women are very unfriendly, unapproachable and antisocial toward men and people in general. They are very closed, distant and want to be left alone. There is a cold force field around them. They have a very standoffish and paranoid vibe. Trying to meet women, let alone date them, feels very awkward and unwelcome.
· Women are extremely hard to meet because they don’t talk to strangers and only meet people through their cliques and friends. Thus if you have no social link to them, they don’t want to meet you.
· Key point: In a normal healthy society, men and women are social, open and friendly with each other. This is how it is in most countries. But not in America. There, men are social and open with women but women are not social and open toward men. Thus, America has the worst dating scene, since one gender doesn’t like the other.
Why there’s no real dating scene in America
· Key point: There is no real dating scene in America, because you can’t just simply “go out and meet girls”. In other words, there is no place you can go where single women will be open, social and want to meet you. So there is no real way to meet women. When you go out, women mind their own business and expect you to too. Talking to strangers is not allowed. But even when you do meet women, they will all tell you that they are either taken or not looking. It’s a LOSE-LOSE situation. You can’t win. You can’t get dates by asking for it. Thus you have NO CHOICES, no options and no opportunities and are simply shut out. That’s why America is hardest place in the world to try to get a date. Do you see what I mean now? America is truly a social hell and no fun at all.
· In fact, you are not even supposed to be looking for a date in America, because you are supposed to ALREADY have a partner, a job, and a family to raise. After high school, there is no dating scene, because you are supposed to be taken and no longer in a seeking mode. If you are seeking women, you are out-of-place in America. In America, everything is geared toward couples and families. There is this assumption that you should already have a partner and not be seeking one. Thus, a single guy is out of place in America and has nothing to do but work.
Spoiled women with bad attitudes and personalities
· Young women are arrogant, self-absorbed and spoiled with an off-chart sense of entitlement. Many have a bitchy, toxic vibe with a bad attitude. Being around them feels like walking on eggshells and is emotionally draining. They have terrible social skills and are very difficult to connect with, let alone date. Even foreign females who visited America report that they don’t connect with American females, only with American males.
· Hot American girls usually act very fake, snobby and airheadish. And the hotter they are, the more true this will be. To connect with fake airheadish girls, you have to be fake and airheadish too. Otherwise you won’t vibe with them and they won’t like you, even if you’re handsome. This really sucks if you like hot girls.
· You won’t find attractive women with down-to-earth personalities in modern America. That’s the sad truth. If she’s hot, she will have an attitude and act bitchy and snobby. This is especially true in Los Angeles and New York. However, back in the 60’s and 70’s, you could find beautiful American women that were sweet, feminine and down-to-earth. You can see this in the female TV characters of that era. Examples: Lindsay Wagner (Bionic Woman), Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman), Erin Gray (Buck Rogers), the women on “Charlies Angels” etc. Fortunately, the good news is that today you can find hot girls with down-to-earth personalities all over the place in Russia, Europe, Latin America and Asia! I swear it. I’ve met so many of them abroad. Being able to connect with and date so many attractive girls with down-to-earth personalities is the most refreshing thing!
· Beauty and brains are rare in American women. Generally, the hotter she is, the more airheadish and dumb she will be. Since hot girls can get whatever they want in America, they do not need to cultivate any inner qualities or develop a good personality. In contrast, beauty and brains in women are very common in Russia, Europe and Asia!
· Most American women have a bad attitude toward men. Corrupted by liberal anti-male culture, women are conditioned to harbor hatred and contempt for men, viewing them as fools, creeps and predators. Obviously, this is not conducive to good relations at all. Needless to say, it’s not easy to date someone who hates your gender.
Overly picky women with high standards
· American girls only want the top 10 or 20 percent of men, leaving the rest out in the cold. There are too many lonely desperate men competing for women. Having too many choices, women become super picky. Every desirable female is either taken, too picky, not looking, or too young. And every girl tells you she has a boyfriend, even if she doesn’t, to ward off your interest. If you like attractive women, everything is against you in America.
Feminism and the degradation of relationships
· Important point: American women are conditioned to be independent (aka “liberated”) and not need men. This is an aberration of nature and totally inconsiderate of the needs of men, who need love, affection and sex from women. Men and women were created to need each other. That’s what God or Mother Nature intended. Thus America is going against nature and is paying the consequences. Put simply, if men need women but women don’t need men, then there is a great schism that can only lead to frustration, deprivation and oppression for men. It is easier to socially engineer women to not need men, than vice versa, because women are more conformist by nature and will follow any trend society gives them, even if it’s wrong, bad or stupid.
· There is a great schism between men and women, a “battle of the sexes” so to speak, which does not exist in most other countries, where men and women play their roles and naturally get along.
Suppression of femininity in American women
· Modern women are not sweet, feminine or down-to-earth like women in other countries are (and like women have been for thousands of years). They hate femininity and view it as oppressive, which is an aberration from history. Somehow, they’ve developed masculine personalities, which has turned them into “she-beasts”.
· Women are masculinized and men are feminized, inverting both genders against their nature. Most American women have masculine voices and bodies, and even walk and talk like men. It’s very sick and disgusting, and most likely engineered by the elites as part of their population reduction agenda, which they’ve admitted to. It’s also possible that something in America’s food increases testosterone in women and estrogen in men. This would explain the unnatural masculine appearance of American women, which the sick elites are trying to normalize.
The taboo of flirtation in America
· Flirtation is a taboo. You are not allowed to flirt with women. Flirtation was ok back in the 1980’s, but in the 1990’s it suddenly became vilified. It is now considered creepy, inappropriate and violating to flirt with girls or try to pick them up. Even the act of asking a girl out feels like a transgression, as if you’ve crossed some line. You are expected to mind your own business and ignore women while they ignore you. It’s become a taboo to even have desires for attractive women. If you do, then you’re considered a creep or pervert. It’s ridiculous beyond belief.
Epidemic of dateless males with no options or choices
· There are more dateless guys in America than in any other country. Thus the fake commercial PUA (Pick Up Artist) industry has its biggest market in America, as well as dating coaches and matchmaking websites. In Russia, Europe and Latin America, for example, men don’t need dating coaches, dating websites or PUA gurus to get girls.
· Single men seem to outnumber single women. Every girl seems to be taken, or at least claims to be. There seems to be no good quality single young women. The few gems that there are, get taken early.
· Nice guys are treated like dirt by American women. Being nice is worthless and boring. Women will use it against you if you’re too nice. Only in a screwed up country is being nice a bad thing. You have to be a bad boy or have high status to be noticed by women. Otherwise, you don’t exist. Men do not feel wanted, valued or appreciated.
· Most men do not have many dating choices in America. They either settle and take what they can get, or remain single. It may be years before they find someone, or never. They have to depend on luck or destiny. They have no power to make it happen. So out of desperation, many men settle for women who may not even be right for them.
· Bottom line: If you are a single guy who likes attractive women, everything is against you in America. You don’t have real power, control or choices in dating. There is no way to fulfill your romantic and sexual desires, other than to pay for an escort or prostitute. But even that often turns out to be a bad low-quality experience, compared to what you get in Europe, Asia or Latin America.
· Note: Now I am not claiming that these dating problems are true for all guys in America. But it certainly is for a large percentage of them, through no fault of their own, including me. Google the term “true forced loneliness”.
Divorce rates are the highest in the world
· The divorce rate in America is the highest in the world, indicating that relationships are dysfunctional.
· Women are the boss in relationships and are the managers in most business offices. They have all the power and can abuse it. Men must obey women and comply with their wishes. Thus America is a matriarchy.
In most other countries: Meeting and dating women is a fun, natural and positive experience. Women are social and like meeting men. There is a real dating scene. Men have many dating choices.
Women much more friendly, social and positive toward men
· Foreign women are sweet, friendly, feminine and down-to-earth, like women were meant to be.
· Foreign women are more approachable, open, sociable, engaging, curious, and exude genuine warmth. Thus they are easier to meet and connect with. And easier to get dates with too.
· Foreign women have a more positive view of men. They admire and respect them, and are happy to meet them.
· Male-female interactions flow much more smoothly. The process of meeting girls is fun, natural and interesting.
There is a real dating scene
· There is a real dating scene. You can “go out and meet women” naturally. No need for dating sites even.
· Great news: Flirtation is seen as a positive thing abroad. It creates energy and excitement with girls, and is fun too. Women are flattered by compliments and consider it an honor to be pursued and courted by a man.
Foreign women much more feminine with values
· Foreign females are generally thin and look more natural and wholesome. They cherish their femininity and are proud of it. Thus they look, act and dress feminine. They take pride in being lady-like, and have values.
· Overseas, women act like women and men act like men. Thus gender relationships are more natural and normal.
· Foreign women have values and can distinguish good from bad. They don’t go for bad boys the way American women do.
Foreign women more genuine, down-to-earth and wholesome-looking
· Great news: Overseas, it is normal for an attractive woman to be genuine and down-to-earth. You see that everywhere in foreign countries. It’s very refreshing and makes them easy to connect with. But you won’t find that in America for some reason, unless you go back to the 60’s or 70’s.
· Young women in Russia and Ukraine have the natural, wholesome, innocent look that American women had back in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. This indicates that they are not as spoiled or corrupted. Men like that and prefer that. In fact, any foreign country has women that look more wholesome and natural than the angry degenerate man-hating women in the US.
Beauty and brains are common in women in Russia, Europe and Asia
· Great news: Beauty and brains in a woman is common and easy to find in Russia, Europe and Asia. It’s not like America where a woman usually only has one or the other. When you’re abroad, can have both J
Foreign women appreciate and like good men
· Foreign women appreciate good men. They seek a partner, not a competitor. There is no “battle of the sexes”.
· Niceness counts and is rewarded and reciprocated. Foreign women like and appreciate nice men.
· Key benefit: Men feel wanted and valued in foreign countries. When a man wakes up feeling wanted everyday, it does wonders for his self-worth and is priceless. (You have to be a man to understand this)
Men have choices and options in dating abroad
· Key benefit: Men have many more dating choices in most foreign countries. They don’t have to settle out of desperation. There is an abundance of available quality women to choose from. Thus a man is no longer in scarcity mode. Example: In Russia and Latin America, men have too many dating choices, so they become playboys and don’t want to commit. There, it is a man’s world, and men have the advantage, power and control – the total opposite of America. Ask yourself this: Would you rather have multiple dating choices everyday (as you would overseas) or one choice every few years (like in America)?
· Note: Not surprisingly, American men who date overseas usually report that they NEVER want to go back to dating in America again! So many of them have told me this, that it’s almost become a cliché.
In America: The culture is toxic to one’s self-esteem, personality and mental health. It is fake and inauthentic and does not accept you for you. The sane are considered insane, and vice versa.
Toxic culture undermines mental health, sanity and ego
· American culture is highly toxic and inauthentic, which undermines your mental health and tries to tear you down. It makes people feel insecure and inadequate to the core, like they’re always “not good enough”. So they constantly grapple with self-esteem issues. No one feels accepted for who they are. One must fight to stay sane. It doesn’t come naturally. That is the hallmark of a truly toxic culture.
People are broken inside and need constant “pumping up”
· Americans have to constantly pump themselves up with “confidence” and “positive thinking” lest they slide into negativity and depression. That’s why there’s such a big self-help industry in America with gurus such as Anthony Robbins, Wayne Dyer, etc. who promote exaggerated New Age BS, such as “The Power of Positive Thinking” and “The Law of Attraction” to help keep people sane. Only in a toxic inauthentic culture, do people have to resort to New Age BS to stay sane. Why is it that people in other countries don’t need to constantly pump themselves up with “positive thinking”, “confidence” and New Age BS? Think about it.
· Americans cope with their insecurity in dysfunctional ways, by developing toxic personalities and traits. Some develop big egos, brag, become assholes, or act tough and arrogant, to compensate. Others act fake and phony to fit in with the fake and phony culture. And some just lose it and go crazy. Just look at the epidemic of public mass shootings in America for proof of this. No other country is suffering a mass shooting epidemic. There are so many messed up people with issues in America. In urban areas, you see depressed degenerates everywhere. It’s very sad.
The highest rates of mental illness and the biggest mental health industry
· Important fact: America has the highest rates of mental illness, loneliness and depression in the world. It has the biggest mental health industry in the world, with the highest rates of psychiatric visits and use of anti-depressants. Reportedly, at least one third of Americans have seen a mental health professional. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), if you live in America, you have a 50 percent chance of developing a mental disorder.
A mental health fact that would surprise most Americans
· Shocking secret: What most Americans don’t know is that people in other countries do not go to therapists or psychiatrists. Having to see a shrink is primarily an American thing. If Americans knew this, it would speak volumes to them about how dysfunctional, insane and artificial their country is. They would realize that the problem is not them, but the toxic insane society they live in. That’s the biggest secret being kept from them.
How a fake toxic personality creates an inner schism leading to mental disorder
· Important point: In order to fit into the fake toxic culture in America, one must develop a fake toxic personality. In doing so, one creates a schism between one’s authentic self and the pseudo-self created for society. This internal struggle eventually leads to mental problems. This, I believe, is the major cause of mental disorder in America. It’s a pity that the American Psychiatrist Association won’t acknowledge this. Instead, they only care about maintaining their profitable drug industry. They prefer to medicate as many people as possible and constantly try to find new excuses to do so. It’s a very sick and insane industry.
Being down-to-earth alienates you in America
· Key point: If you are a down-to-earth or deep person, you will feel out-of-place in America, which has a fake and inauthentic social culture. This is why down-to-earth types tend to be withdrawn in America, not because they are shy, but because they can’t be themselves in a fake social culture. Only older folks and senior citizens are down-to-earth in America, because at their age, they no longer care what others think and are not trying to conform.
Why deep thinkers don’t like America
· People who are deep thinkers tend to dislike America, because America is built on phoniness, hype, fakery, lies and illusion. So they don’t fit in. Deep thinkers prefer European cultures that are deep and authentic, like themselves.
Americans are too arrogant with overinflated egos and no humility
· Americans have overinflated egos and are the most arrogant in the world. They are the biggest braggarts too. There is no humility or modesty. Even Canadians and British people seem humble and modest in comparison. They also have a massive entitle complex. Such toxic traits can only lead to dissatisfaction, disappointment and delusion.
Life is meaningless and empty to the core
· Everyday life in America is stressful and demanding, yet feels empty, depressing and meaningless at the core. To cope, people resort to drugs, alcohol and overeating. Suicide rates are high in America. And there are so many depressed degenerates in urban areas.
· America encourages people to fill their void with consumerism, but this doesn’t work and only leads to flat pleasures and dissatisfaction. So many are left wondering, “Why aren’t I happy?”
Soul crushing culture
· The culture and education system attempts to condition you to become a robotic slave by crushing your soul and turning you into a worker bee. You are treated like a “human resource” whose sole purpose is to produce and consume. Industrial society is not only mechanized, but turns people into mechanistic robots as well. Hence, most Americans look like zombies with empty eyes and plastic smiles.
Too much political correctness suppresses truth and honesty
· There is too much political correctness in America, brought on by liberalism, which was a mask for socialism. Political correctness restricts free speech and honesty, which suppresses your freedom to say what you really think and feel. Some believe that political correctness is a stepping stone toward fascism and mass control.
In most other countries: The culture is authentic, natural and down-to-earth. People are saner. This allows you to integrate with your authentic self, so that you are free to be yourself.
Authentic people and saner cultures abroad
· People and cultures are a lot saner and act more genuine, which rubs off on you in a healthy way.
· People act more humble and modest. Not arrogant like in America. Thus they are easier to get along with. You feel more comfortable and relaxed around them, like you can be yourself. You don’t have to be something you’re not.
· Foreign cultures and people are more authentic and down-to-earth, so you can be yourself and not worry about being accepted, which is very liberating. You don’t have to keep pumping yourself with “confidence” or “positive thinking”, which are only required in fake cultures. Thus you are freed from having to be something you’re not.
The liberation of being free to be yourself
· Key benefit: You can have fun and meet people while being yourself. That’s the beauty of it. You don’t have to be fake because foreign social cultures are not fake. It’s the most liberating feeling, and the true reason why foreign countries feel freer, and why many Americans experience reverse culture shock when returning from abroad.
· Important point: Being able to “be yourself” and feeling accepted is the most liberating feeling and the true meaning of freedom. It also heals you and makes you whole and integrated on the inside. You are no longer fragmented between your true self and artificial social self like you are in America.
· There is far less political correctness, which means people are more free to be honest and say what they think and feel, and so are you. Ironically, this means there is more free speech abroad. It keeps people more real and genuine.
No need for mental health professionals
· People have real friends/family to talk to about their problems. Having to see a therapist/psychiatrist is unheard of. Go abroad and ask around, and you will see that no one has to see a shrink or therapist to talk about their problems. When you discover this, you will realize that is speaks volumes about how toxic and dysfunctional America is.
In America: Cost of living and inflation are too high. Healthcare costs are astronomical and ridiculous.
High cost of living and healthcare impairs freedom
· In America, the cost of living is higher than in most countries, forcing many people to submit to employment, often working jobs they don’t like. They become debt slaves with little or no freedom or free time. What’s the point of making a living, after all, if all you don’t have time to enjoy your life? It defeats the purpose of working.
· Inflation is out of control, causing prices to become exorbitant. In the 20th Century, the US dollar lost 95 percent of its value, due to corrupt usury practices by the banking elite who run the private Federal Reserve central bank.
· Money can buy freedom if you have enough of it. But with the high cost of living in America, it becomes more difficult to buy your freedom in “the land of the free”, ironically. Thus it’s harder to be financially free in America.
· Healthcare costs are astronomical and ridiculous. Medical expenses are the #1 cause of bankruptcies. America is the only industrialized nation with no universal healthcare. (See the Michael Moore documentary “Sicko”)
Live to work business culture
· You are expected to “live to work”, rather than “work to live” (as they do in Europe). Thus American freedom means “being free to work”. Americans get very little vacation time off. They live like hamsters on a wheel. However, what’s the point of making a living if all you do is make a living? It defeats the purpose, thus revealing the insane culture of America.
· All that matters in America is working and making money. Everything is a business. The system is too business-oriented to enjoy life. Competition is placed over cooperation. People are conditioned to try to fill their void with consumerism, which is flat and only leads to dissatisfaction and grouchy faces.
Oligarch makes democracy impossible
· The gap between rich and poor in America is wider than in any other country, which indicates that something is way out of whack. With wealth over-consolidated into the hands of the few, democracy is impossible. America is truly an oligarchy, where corporations rule government, and an elite class rule the country.
Disappointed and disillusioned immigrants
· Many immigrants I’ve talked to feel that ultimately, in coming to America, they’ve traded their freedom, happiness and even their own soul, in exchange for money and comfort. They either feel disappointment and regret about it, or they have mixed feelings. Try this: Ask many first generation adult immigrants to be honest with you about whether they have a better life in America and are happier there. You will find that most of them have mixed feelings about it. Many will tell you that they had an illusion of America that wasn’t true and are disappointed.
In most other countries: Cost of living and healthcare are more affordable and reasonable.
Affordable reasonable cost of living and healthcare
· Most non-Western countries have a lower cost of living, allowing people more freedom and leisure time. Your dollars will be worth more in such countries, giving you more purchasing power and time to enjoy your life. Example: In Thailand, you can get quality Thai food in street stalls for $1 dollar a plate, and rent nice apartments for $200 a month! And in the Philippines a standard haircut is less than $2.
· Prices are more reasonable and sane, not crazy or overly greedy like in America.
· Universal healthcare is provided (in industrialized nations) so no one has to go bankrupt from medical expenses. Even in developing countries, healthcare is still affordable compared to the US. (See the Michael Moore documentary “Sicko”)
In America: Food and lifestyle are unhealthy, unnatural and toxic.
· American food is very unhealthy. Harmful toxins, chemicals, GMO’s (genetically modified organisms), processed ingredients and high sugar in food have ruined the health of America. As a result, the nation has the highest rates of obesity, cancer, heart disease and diabetes in the world.
· Everyone knows that America is the fattest nation in the world. Even foreign immigrants become fat in America.
· Food in America contains addictive chemicals and ingredients, which makes people overeat and consume large portions. But that’s not the only reason Americans overeat. Another reason is to try to fill their emptiness, as a distraction from the misery of life. They also do this with drugs and alcohol too. Americans are conditioned to try to fill their void with consumerism after all, and that includes food.
· The food industry obviously places profit over health. Nothing could be more insane than that.
· Eating healthy in America is expensive. One has to go to health food stores and pay higher prices to eat organic. Only those who are well off can afford that. This is not right. Healthy food should be available to all.
· Growth hormones are put in livestock, which then go into the meat sold in America. When people eat it, it goes into their bodies too and makes them bigger and fatter. That’s insane.
· Most food in America now contain GMO’s, which are “genetically modified organisms”. This means that the food’s genes have been altered to increase production, protect against insects, and prolong preservation. Most food in American supermarkets is GMO and thus they are hard to avoid. GMO’s have had disastrous consequences on the health of Americans. There is no proof that GMO’s are safe, and plenty of evidence that they are toxic and harmful. (See the documentary film “Genetic Roulette”) GMO’s likely mutate our bodies. After all, if you genetically modify food then you are genetically modifying people as well. (Could that be why women look so masculine and manly, I wonder?) That’s why they’ve been dubbed “Frankenfood”.
· The US government refuses to put labels on GMO foods, because if they did, people would not buy them, so they prefer that people don’t know about them. What could be a more bad sign than that?! To find non-GMO food, you have to search for “Non-GMO project” labels on food, which is hard work. The company that produces and engineers GMO’s, Monsantos, is in bed with the US government and FDA, so they are given free reign to do whatever they want. It’s a high level of corruption that is destroying America’s health. What could be more insane than that? Fortunately, GMO’s are banned in other countries, like Europe, Russia and China. No one there wants to eat them. For more info on GMO’s and how to avoid them, visit the Non-GMO Project’s website: http://www.nongmoproject.org
· Fluoride in America’s water has poisoned people’s health and pacified them. Despite this, the US government insists on putting fluoride in public drinking water, for no valid reason. Their excuse is that it prevents tooth decay, but that doesn’t make sense because the fluoride in toothpaste is enough for that. Fluoride is not meant to be ingested. It is toxic and has no health benefits.
· America has a forced vaccination policy. Children in America are now forced to get 36 vaccines, which is excessive and dangerous. In the 80’s, kids got 12 vaccines. Then in the 90’s, it was raised to 24. And now it’s 36. But you don’t have a choice in the matter, because the US government made vaccination a law. There is plenty of evidence that vaccines are linked with autism and other disorders. Dr. Andrew Wakefield found conclusive proof of this and published it, but his research was suppressed and attacked by government and big pharma, which have a vested interest in vaccines. It’s crazy and wrong to force children to get toxic dangerous vaccinations. I’ve known people who never vaccinated their children and say that their kids are healthier than other kids their age that did get vaccinated.
· Most Americans spend their days sitting in offices and driving cars. So they don’t get enough exercise and physical activity. Public transportation in the US sucks compared to Europe and other nations, so one is forced to have a car. Having to work too much also takes time away from recreation and exercise.
· The paranoid fearful social vibe in America rubs off on you and is bad for your health, spiritual energy and aura.
In most other countries: Food and lifestyle are healthier and more wholesome.
· Food is mostly natural and organic. In Europe and Asia, for example, people do not need to go to expensive health food stores to eat healthy, since their mainstream food is already healthy and natural. That’s the way it should be.
· As a result, people look healthier and thinner. There is no obesity epidemic. Studies show that even British and Canadian people are healthier than Americans.
· Big weight loss secret: In fact, the biggest secret in weight loss is to simply go overseas to countries that have healthier natural food. This is a method that the diet and weight loss industry in America will never tell you, because it’s outside the box. And also because there’s no profit in telling people to go overseas to lose weight.
· In Europe, Russia, China and many other countries, GMO foods are banned. Foreign countries have enough sense to know that GMO’s are bad for you, and people don’t want to eat them. This means that other countries are saner, and know good from bad, unlike the US. So rather than having to search for foods labeled “Non-GMO” in America, why not just get out of the country so you don’t have to deal with it?
· In Europe, the government does not put fluoride in public drinking water to poison people.
· In Europe, the food industry does not place profit over health. Thus they are saner and more rational.
· Public transportation systems are very well developed so that people do not need cars, unless they live in remote areas. Taking public transportation is healthier not only because you get more exercise, but because it allows you to meet and interact with people as well, which is fun and natural in foreign cultures, as mentioned earlier.
· Healthy natural social interaction and social life also contributes to good health and well being.
In America: Public schools are oppressive prison-like environments, designed to dumb kids down and turn them into robots. Education quality and student performance are low. School bullying is an epidemic.
· Public schools in America are oppressive environments with all the qualities of a prison. Thus kids hate school.
· Education in America has greatly declined. Since the 80’s, student scores have fallen, while they’ve risen in other nations. Also, due to teacher unions, teachers cannot be fired, even if they suck, so there is no quality control.
· It has come out that there was a government policy to use public education to dumb down the population. Government whistleblowers such as Charlotte Iszterby have revealed this agenda. As conspiracy lecturer Jordan Maxwell said in his film “Matrix of Power” (also used in the popular documentary “Zeitgeist”) regarding public education in America: “What the government pays for, it gets. Logic will tell you that if the government did not get the results it wanted, it would change things. Therefore, the government is getting exactly what it wants.”
· Public education in America consists of taking tedious notes and memorizing large volumes of useless data to regurgitate on exams. It does not encourage freethought, creativity or self-expression. No wonder kids why hate school, it feels so mind numbing and enslaving. This can only serve to turn kids into obedient robots.
· School bullying is an epidemic in America. It is cruel, toxic and leads to psychological scarring on its victims, or worse, even suicide. Try this test: Go to Google and type “school bullying in America” and then do the same for other countries. There will be no comparison in the number of hits you get.
· Nerds and introverts are bullied and teased in school. There is a negative stigma against them. They get ostracized from social life and fun. This results in a vicious cycle which makes them even more introverted and withdrawn.
· Most kids and teens act like spoiled, selfish brats with entitlement complexes. They have a toxic relationship with their parents and treat them badly. It is common for kids and teens to even cuss at their own parents, which is unheard of in other countries. They listen to trashy degenerate music and defile their bodies with tattoos.
In most other countries: School is a more healthy, positive and honorable environment. Education is saner and more efficiently run. Kids do better in school and do not detest it.
· In other countries, children consider it an honor to go to school and are proud of it. They do not loathe it like American kids do. Therefore, school must be a healthier environment for them.
· In foreign countries, kids are not bullied in school like they are in America. They may get teased or made fun of, but violent bullying is rare. Kids are not as dysfunctional as in America.
· In many countries, children wear uniforms to school, which promotes unity and solidarity.
· European education is higher quality and encourages creativity and self-expression.
· In Europe, school is a much more positive environment and run more efficiently. In Germany, for example, kids are grouped in divisions according to ability, which makes their learning much more efficient. Children are not all the same and should not be treated as such, like cattle are. America is not evolved enough, nor sane enough, to understand this.
· There is no negative stigma against nerds or introverts. They are not ostracized or treated like social outcasts.
· Kids and teens act more modest and humble. They do not cuss at their parents, but have a healthier relationship with them, which lasts even into adulthood. They also mature at an earlier age and are easier to get along with.
In America: Government is becoming increasingly tyrannical and has grown to a gigantic monstrous size, requiring ever more control and taxation. Laws are excessive and have become impediments to freedom.
· The US government has become increasingly tyrannical after 9/11, taking more freedoms away and subverting the US Constitution. Many say it is part of an agenda to instate world government, aka the “New World Order”. There are entire subcultures in the US (conspiracy movements) that are trying to expose and resist this NWO.
· Key point: The US has the highest number of laws in world. More laws = less freedom obviously. Everything is tightly regulated in an anal retentive manner. So there is no way in hell that America can claim to be “the land of the free”. That’s a stupid lie and insult to our intelligence. While some laws are necessary to protect people, many are excessive and control-freakish and only serve to give government too much power and control, requiring more taxation. Too many laws begin to create impediments to your freedoms, rights and liberties. Other countries have far fewer laws in comparison. Any Mexican immigrant, for example, will tell you that Mexico is far freer than America.
· Key point: After WWII, the US government grew 10 to 20 times larger into a monstrous size, which resulted in ever increasing control and taxation. Big government needs ever more power, control and taxation to be sustained. That’s why the founding fathers, such as Thomas Jefferson, emphasized a small government of minimal size that served only to defend basic freedoms and liberties. Otherwise, as government gets too big, it starts interfering in people’s private affairs and business, and begins overtaxing people, while becoming increasingly tyrannical. This is what happened in Ancient Rome, which led to its downfall. Once government grows, it will not shrink, but tries to grow ever larger. That’s why the founding fathers of America placed strict limitations on government.
· The size of the US military industrial complex, which ballooned during WWII and which President Eisenhower warned us about in his farewell speech, has become the biggest monster and threat to world peace. It has made war the chief industry in America, requiring perpetual wars to sustain its profits. Thus it always needs to find a war, and if there is none, it will find excuses to start one. Thus it is the biggest threat to freedom in the world, and has made America the #1 terrorist nation in the world. A big war industry is the worst thing that can happen.
· America likes to bully and intimidate other countries. It likes to dominate and control other nations. We all know that. This is why America is so hated worldwide now. It has become the world’s biggest bully.
· America has the highest prison population in the world, with 2 million prisoners now incarcerated. How can that be in the “land of the free”? It’s pure hypocrisy. The prison industry, like everything in America, is big business.
· Divorce laws are unfair and allow women to leave their husbands and take half of his assets (which is tantamount to government sponsored theft) and in some cases take his whole house too. Marriage is a government contract that can be used and abused against men. Marriage is more like a business partnership than a love relationship.
· Americans do not even truly love their country anymore. There is no true patriotic pride nowadays. People have become so disillusioned with America that they’ve become cynical toward it. Thus, you can be as anti-American as you want nowadays, and no one will care. If you bash America, many will agree with you in fact. It’s as if Anti-Americanism is now a popular trend. So even this treatise will not offend most Americans. Hardly anyone wants to defend America anymore, which they would have in the past.
· Americans have become so hateful and cynical that they even hate their own country and government. That’s why the conspiracy theory subculture and alternative media (e.g. Alex Jones and David Icke) have grown so much in the last decade, and why revolutionary movements such as the Tea Party are springing up everywhere. None of this is surprising given all the above. It’s as if the global elite want America to be dissolved and do not care about its reputation anymore. After all, if their agenda is world government (NWO), as the conspiracy theorists claim, then absolving the sovereignty of the United States would be a step toward that.
In most other counties: The above does not apply.
· Governments are smaller and more normal. Not as huge and monstrous in size as in America.
· Laws are fewer than in America, not excessive. Ask any of the many Mexican immigrants for example, and they will tell you that Mexico is far FREER than America.
· Sure, many foreign governments have corruption too. But people are aware of it and are real about it. They don’t have this delusion that there is no corruption or conspiracies in government, or that they live in a democracy. Only Americans are brainwashed with such false beliefs.
· Foreign governments are more peaceful and do not bully or intimidate other nations or try to control them, like America does. They do not try to bud into other countries’ business and affairs. Even America’s neighbor, Canada, is far more peaceful. Canada does not bully other countries, or start wars. Canadians are also not obsessed with guns like Americans are. And the rate of homicide by guns is far lower in Canada than in America. (See the Michael Moore documentary “Bowling for Columbine”) Thus even Canada is a far saner country than America.
· Overseas, people do not generally view America as “the land of the free”. That is a delusion that only Americans and their stupid media hold. But with the way things are going, not many Americans believe that anymore.
· When you get in trouble in most foreign countries, punishments are not as harsh. In most cases, paying a small bribe will get you out of trouble. But in America, only the super wealthy can bribe the government or legal system to get them out of trouble. We all know how that goes.
So you see, overall America is highly toxic to one’s mind, body, soul and relationships. And it is one of the worst places, if not the worst, for dating, social life, mental health, cost of living, and health. As the great Indian philosopher and sage Jiddu Krishnamurti stated, "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
But these comparisons are taboo to mention (especially #2), lest you be seen as a “loser”, for our culture only allows you to act fake and pretend that everything is great, or blame yourself – neither of which changes anything. Americans are always trying to act positive and lighthearted, so they avoid talking about serious issues. Thus these truths are suppressed and denied. However, the Good News is that in most other cultures, these major problem areas are Reversed so there is a real solution overseas.
Overall, America is a land of excessive greed and corruption, lacking in soul, culture and human connection. People and cultures are toxic and antisocial. Money has replaced the human soul. In America, money and profit is more important than truth, justice, love, family, health, reason, Mother Earth and even life itself. It’s truly an insane country, where the sane are insane and vice versa. Everything is upside down – good is bad and bad is good, normal is abnormal and abnormal is normal, etc. Trash degenerate culture is mainstream now. The country is in decline culturally, morally, spiritually and economically. It’s truly become a zombie nation. The only sensible solution is to get out of the country. If a ship is sinking, the obvious solution is to get off the ship.
However, our “going abroad” solution is not discussed in the general media, not even in the alternative media. Everyone assumes that no matter how bad things get in America, one must stay in America and try to fix things. Leaving the country is never considered as even an option. So our overseas solution is treated as nonexistent, which is a great tragedy.
If the news media gave misfits in America hope that they could have a much better social and dating life overseas, then school shooting incidents like Elliott Rodgers could be prevented. Thus the US media is responsible for such preventable incidents. Instead, all the media talk about are economic issues, business news, wars, sports, celebrity news, and other useless junk which are mere distractions and irrelevant to the major problems in America outlined above.
But if you think about it, the overseas solution makes perfect sense. As we all know, America is in great decline and decay – morally, culturally, spiritually and economically, just as Ancient Rome was in the 5th Century AD. This means that America is essentially a “sinking ship”. Now, if you are on a sinking ship, such as the Titanic, wouldn’t the obvious solution be to simply get off the ship? Of course it would. That would be your very first thought.
So isn’t it bizarre that hardly anyone – even in the alternative/counter-culture movements – advocates getting off the “sinking ship of America” when that should be the most obvious solution? It’s very bizarre. The only explanation I can think of is that people are brainwashed with the fallacy that “America = The World” (which is not true fortunately) so they assume that the rest of the world must be the same. Moreover, they also think that everyone wants to come to America, so they can’t fathom anyone wanting to leave it. It simply doesn’t compute in the mind of the general population.
But now that you know the truth, ask yourself: Which of the two socio-cultural environments described above would YOU be happier in? Yet most people never hear about these comparisons because they are so taboo. So that’s what we are here for, to disseminate these life-changing truths to those in need. We know that once you go abroad and experience all this, your life will change forever!
Our site provides abundant material – articles, ebooks, photos, videos, podcasts, blogs, forums and testimonials – that back up and prove all these comparisons conclusively. We’ve changed lives and inspired many people like you to become “Happier Abroad" J
So let us open your eyes and show you a better life overseas!
Visit www.HappierAbroad.com today!