(address and phone number removed in online version)
To obtain a position utilizing my skills, experience and qualifications.
Summary of Skills and Experience
Summary of Skills: Proficiency in computers, word processing, basic web design, internet marketing, website content management, PC/Windows troubleshooting, MS Office, clerical work, professional writing skills, communication skills. Typing - 80 wpm. Excellent spelling, grammar and composition skills. Familiar with Associated Press writing style. Foreign languages: Chinese, Taiwanese, Russian.
Summary of Experience: Four years experience creating, marketing and managing successful online businesses, and generating residual income streams from them. One year experience in professional journalistic writing. 10 years experience in organized high quality writing. Two years experience in sales, marketing and promotions. One year experience working with youth.
Script Editor Playon Interactive Inc. - Liveplex Ortigas, Philippines 2011
· As an independent contractor, edited dialogue scripts and item/function lists into standard American English for an online gaming development company based in Korea, for the launch of their new massive online role-playing game in America. (Name of game and link to my edited online game guide available upon request)
· During first six weeks, successfully met a tight deadline by completing the edit of a 500,000 word batch of script files, retaining both quality and speed.
Writer/Online Entrepreneur Self-Employed Philippines and Taiwan 2007 - Present
· Created, marketed and managed two successful online businesses and communities - one dealing with expat living and international dating (the largest of its kind), and the other with philosophy and critical thinking. Generated steady residual income streams from each, through advertising revenue (from dozens of advertisers), affiliate sales commissions, ebook sales, and tour package sales. (URL’s available upon request)
· Served as travel assistant and consultant to a multi-millionaire friend who owns a highly successful online medical business, during our trip to the Philippines from Nov. 2006 to Mar. 2007. He chose me for my international travel experience, multi-cultural knowledge, communication skills, and reliability. I organized our travel, transportation and accommodation arrangements. As his apprentice, I gained a lot of knowledge about creating and marketing online businesses, which I put to use in creating my online business mentioned above.
Marketing Team Leader Owens Corning (via Kelly Services) Seattle, WA region 2005 - 2006
· In charge of marketing promotional team for Owens Corning’s innovative basement finishing system at home trade shows around the Puget Sound area. Supervised teams of 2-3 per shift.
· Generated sales leads which consistently exceeded projected quotas, demonstrated products to prospective clients, answered questions, and explained features and benefits.
· Responsible for opening and closing of promotion booths, daily inventory, and promotion materials/brochures.
Journalist/Reporter Estates News – Moscow Division Moscow, Russia 2004 - 2005
· Wrote news stories for a European business gazette, covering multi-million dollar corporate construction projects for major international developers such as Cushman & Wakefield, KazstroyInvest, GVA Sawyer, Jones Lang LaSalle, Colliers International. (Portfolio available upon request)
· Interviewed Public Relations reps of major development companies to obtain info, quotes, and press releases.
Business English Teacher American Language Center Moscow, Russia 2004
· Taught advanced level adult English classes. Courses included advanced levels 3, 4, and Business English.
Teacher/Marketing Assistant Oxford Language Institute Chia-Yi, Taiwan 2004
· Taught English to junior high level students.
· Set up and organized the grand opening event and show for a new English self-learning center. Designed artsy promotional flyers, brochures, posters, and orchestrated interactive activities for open house event.
Sales Representative Cingular Wireless Bellingham, WA 2002 - 2003
· Sold yearly contracts for Cingular cell phone plans. Assessed customer needs and made suggestions. Informed customers of available service plans, promotions, phone models/brands, technologies and features.
· Gained knowledge of major wireless phone providers such as Cingular, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Nextel, and Qwest, to educate consumers on them.
· Met sales quotas for most months. Provided help and trouble-shooting over the phone to customers that signed up for service. Educated and demonstrated cell phone operation and features for customers.
Job Services Specialist 2 Employment Security Department Bellingham, WA 2002
· Provided job referral services to employers and job seekers through the Washington state employment office. Screened resumes and job applicants. Referred qualified applicants to employers.
· Used computer to register job seekers, refer applicants, open job orders, and record department services.
· Performed clerical duties, data entry, mailing letters, inventory reports, answered phones, and transferred calls.
· Provided public assistance in Job Resource Center with use of software, job search, and resume tips.
Model/Talent Recruiter Model Talent Universe/Integrity Casting Reno, NV 2001
· Scheduled and referred models and talent, in person and by phone, to auditions and casting events.
· Provided career consultation to aspiring actors and models.
· Achieved the record for most referrals generated in a day at 66. Consistently exceeded quotas and goals.
Actor/Magician Assistant Piper’s Opera House Production Virginia City, NV 2001
· Performed as actor and magician assistant in a Mark Twain stage show for tourists, doing elaborate stage magic and mentalism acts. Peformed three times daily ongoing through Summer and Fall seasons.
· Before each show, went onto the street to promote and round up crowds ranging between 20 - 200 for our audience. Conducted tours of historical sites to audience members afterward.
Residential Advisor Cascades Job Corps Sedro Woolley, WA 2000 - 2001
· Managed dorm of over 100 students. Coached student behavior/responsibilities.
· Maintained files on students, handled daily paperwork and updated documents.
· Troubleshooted and repaired various computers problems on Center.
Product/Service Promoter Events and Promotions Seattle region, WA 1998 - 1999
· Generated over 2000 leads as part of a promotion program which resulted in $400,000 worth of sales for 1998.
· Successfully promoted the brand image of clients such as Swiffer, Febreze, Pantene, First USA Bank, QVC, Statewide, Malt-O-Meal, Pepto-Bismol, Excedrin, Claritin, Amazon.com, and Kellogg’s through samplings, free drawings, floor demonstrations, etc. Brought consumer awareness to thousands.
Bachelors in Marketing and Computer Information Systems - California State University Hayward
· Courses include: Marketing Research, Promotion Management, Advertising Management, Strategic Marketing