Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


A suggestion: Ignore threads which you find stupid!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

A suggestion: Ignore threads which you find stupid!

Postby Jackal » April 12th, 2011, 3:06 pm

I see that some people here are getting annoyed with certain other people. However, in the process the annoyed people are just drawing more attention to the people who annoy them.

I think it's much better to just ignore stupid and annoying threads. It's much less satisfying for the people who post them. If everyone did this, these threads would just sink to the bottom, and if more people posted threads of substance, those would stay on top.

This would be much better than having every stupid thread escalating into a big digital catfight which is a total waste of time and energy and which keeps these stupid threads on top.
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: March 4th, 2008, 4:24 am
Location: Hungary




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby E_Irizarry » April 12th, 2011, 4:55 pm

@Jackal,

I don't know about others, but I try to post things about substance...even if I were in the wrong in my rants.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby Winston » April 12th, 2011, 4:57 pm

I agree. You can't control what others say, but you can control how you RESPOND. So take responsibility in how you are responding to others you don't like. It's often best to just simply ignore them, like I do. Or you can bash them back, as long as it doesn't get excessive.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24542
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Re: A suggestion: Ignore threads which you find stupid!

Postby globetrotter » April 12th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Jackal wrote:I see that some people here are getting annoyed with certain other people. However, in the process the annoyed people are just drawing more attention to the people who annoy them.

I think it's much better to just ignore stupid and annoying threads. It's much less satisfying for the people who post them. If everyone did this, these threads would just sink to the bottom, and if more people posted threads of substance, those would stay on top.

This would be much better than having every stupid thread escalating into a big digital catfight which is a total waste of time and energy and which keeps these stupid threads on top.


1) Linux Only posts a thread to GENERAL entitled 'Clowning A Useful Idiot'
2) Since it's NOT in CT, I think 'What is he going on about? This should be interesting...'
3) I click the thread
4) I discover that it's CT and I give him shit for posting crap in General
5) Since I have already wasted my time since the thread is in general and it's not appropriate and I have already read it, ignoring the thread is already a case of the horses leaving he barn

BAN HIM.

CT will ruin this forum.

I guarantee it.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: November 20th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Location: Someplace Other Than This Forum

Re: A suggestion: Ignore threads which you find stupid!

Postby Jackal » April 12th, 2011, 8:59 pm

globetrotter wrote:1) Linux Only posts a thread to GENERAL entitled 'Clowning A Useful Idiot'
2) Since it's NOT in CT, I think 'What is he going on about? This should be interesting...'
3) I click the thread
4) I discover that it's CT and I give him shit for posting crap in General
5) Since I have already wasted my time since the thread is in general and it's not appropriate and I have already read it, ignoring the thread is already a case of the horses leaving he barn

BAN HIM.

Although I have my preferences, Winston hasn't yet explicitly said that posting CT threads in the general subforum is forbidden. And even if he does, I doubt he would ban someone over one thread in the wrong place.

globetrotter wrote:CT will ruin this forum.

I guarantee it.

You're preaching to the choir, but for any real change, you'll have to talk to Winston.
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: March 4th, 2008, 4:24 am
Location: Hungary

Postby Grunt » April 14th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Keep in mind the concept of "canned debate".

This is a disruptive tactic used by internet trolls to derail an otherwise functional discussion forum.

There is a very good chance that this is being used here.

That is why I ignore idiotic posts and idiot posters.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: March 9th, 2008, 9:13 pm

Postby Winston » June 8th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Why don't you guys listen to Jackal's advice above?
Last edited by Winston on June 10th, 2012, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24542
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby Jester » June 10th, 2012, 12:47 am

Winston wrote:I agree. You can't control what others say, but you can control how you RESPOND. So take responsibility in how you are responding to others you don't like. It's often best to just simply ignore them, like I do. Or you can bash them back, as long as it doesn't get excessive.

:shock:

Calling people mangina isn't excessive?
Calling people rednecks and hillbillies, etc isn't excessive?
Calling people cowards isn't excessive?
Calling people "Sambo" or "House Negro" isn't excessive?

Ok then...

What IS?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby onezero4u » June 10th, 2012, 12:53 am

awesome advice
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 466
Joined: November 28th, 2010, 5:27 pm

Postby All_That_Is_Man » June 10th, 2012, 1:05 am

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:I agree. You can't control what others say, but you can control how you RESPOND. So take responsibility in how you are responding to others you don't like. It's often best to just simply ignore them, like I do. Or you can bash them back, as long as it doesn't get excessive.

:shock:

Calling people mangina isn't excessive?
Calling people rednecks and hillbillies, etc isn't excessive?
Calling people cowards isn't excessive?
Calling people "Sambo" or "House Negro" isn't excessive?

Ok then...

What IS?


+9999
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 995
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 1:31 am

Postby OutsideoftheBox » June 10th, 2012, 8:34 am

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:I agree. You can't control what others say, but you can control how you RESPOND. So take responsibility in how you are responding to others you don't like. It's often best to just simply ignore them, like I do. Or you can bash them back, as long as it doesn't get excessive.

:shock:

Calling people mangina isn't excessive?
Calling people rednecks and hillbillies, etc isn't excessive?
Calling people cowards isn't excessive?
Calling people "Sambo" or "House Negro" isn't excessive?

Ok then...

What IS?


+9999


Can it with the cheesy "+9999" bullshit.

ATIM is such a cornball.
OutsideoftheBox
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 241
Joined: May 31st, 2012, 1:57 am


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests