Women Telling Men They Need To Cook

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Women Telling Men They Need To Cook

Post by Fenix »

I am so sick of women telling me I need to learn how to cook. These are the same women that can't even turn on a f***ing stove. Cooking is not really an art form. Read the instructions on the box or what not and follow it. Simple as apple pie. Even my dad has told me to learn how to cook on countless occasions. I don't understand why this has become a new phenomenon to tell men they need to learn how to cook. Women are supposed to cook, clean, etc. The man does the rest. This society is so f***ed up. I know roles have reversed, but seriously? My ex-girlfriend was Mexican and she always cooked for me and I didn't even have to lift a finger. She also cleaned and did the whole nine. I did my part by taking care of her in the bedroom, teaching her how to use certain shit on her computer, etc.

Why is this becoming such a problem now? Did people back in the 1950s or even the 70s harp on men not cooking? You know this is a crock of shit when women are complaining about you not cooking, and they are supposed to be the homemakers, stupid slut. Oh yeah, the women that tell me this shit are good friends, ex-girlfriends, or random next bitches. Women that don't know how to cook is like a hawk that doesn't know how to fly. No wonder people keep hiring housekeepers and nannies.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Women Telling Men They Need To Cook

Post by S_Parc »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:Why is this becoming such a problem now? Did people back in the 1950s or even the 70s harp on men not cooking? You know this is a crock of shit when women are complaining about you not cooking, and they are supposed to be the homemakers, stupid slut. Oh yeah, the women that tell me this shit are good friends, ex-girlfriends, or random next bitches.
I'm actually beginning to suspect that this is some American cultural export. Word from other new top tier economies, like Singapore, is that women consider men, who cook, to be somewhat *special* :roll:

Ok, you got me, I have no idea what's going on here besides the usual dysfunctionalisms, either Canadian or Stateside.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Again this is another symptom of bad time management skills that most American Women have. They have time for countless other activities but cooking which is so low on the scale of importance that many young women never learned how to cook, remember too focused on finishing higher education and starting their careers. Now more responsible women ASK that their husbands HELP with household duties but they still do the majority of them because they feel its their responsibility.

As I have said here, most Women want to enjoy the spoils of a middle-class lifestyle but want nothing do with it when it comes to getting things done. This whole pre-package food you see in places like Fresh and Easy is solely because Women demand the same qualify of meals they had at home when Mommie cooked, but didn't learn how to cook so they are willing to pay for it instead. Men will eat whatever, whenever we don't care. A single woman's ice box usually has ice cream and some sort of deli/store bought meal leftovers and maybe some frozen dinner. Nothing fresh but maybe some fruit at best, no veggies and NO MILK, after all that makes you fat...

I can cook, big deal. I will share duties, big deal. But any woman I'm involved with does the majority of the household duties. She also handles the majority of early child rearing.

These are social contracts that Men and Women have. The US is not as family friendly unless you're able to get the company you work for to pick up the slack where the Government doesn't mandate say paid maternity leave.

You want a woman that cooks? She lives not in the United States but in Europe, Asia and South America, PERIOD. Can you find women that cook? Sure but they are few are far between and you're usually giving up something to get home cooked meals. If you don't mind a little extra weight on your woman, you can go into Iowa or some other low population State and find a nice girl that's all domesticated and a homebody. If that's what you want, by all means...

I want something more out of life, so I have to venture overseas, I can't stand the narrow mindedness here.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

It really depends on what your family life and how much time your wife actually spends working a real job.
There are times when it's reasonable for the guy to cook more than the wife.
That's how it is in my family. I've got more time than she does, so i end up doing MUCH more junk around the house than she does. I've got no problem with that because i'm a better cook (lotta years as a bachelor), and she always turns the kitchen into a warzone, which necessitates extra time spent on my part cleaning up.
She had problems boiling water when i first met her :)
Her mom spent 2 months trying to teach her before we were actually married.

She does spend more time with the child-rearing and working than i do.
Before the baby, she worked part time and did alot more cooking. Gave me massages several times a week before bed.

I have noticed that alot of AW nowadays prefer to lounge on the sofa and expect the guy to provide the food, even if she's home all day, and he's just gotten home from work.
I recall several ex-gf's that NEVER ONCE cooked anything for me. Some messed up role reversals.....
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Well, the top chefs all over the world are all men.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Another thing this topic made me realize is that North American women learn virtually nothing from their parents, and absolutely NOTHING from college, not even cooking class! :x
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

I guess thanks to the rise of the Whole Foods chain, getting a prepared `home cooked` meal isn't anyone's priority anymore. Or is it the other way, loss of homecooking led to the rise of Whole Foods :roll: Ok, I'm not sure if this is a chicken/egg situation :?
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

Don't get me wrong I like having a woman (or anyone for that matter) cook for me but years of living by myself when I was a student made me a good cook. I'm a better cook than any of the women I've been with so now I cook when I want a really good meal.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

LinuxOnly wrote:Another thing this topic made me realize is that North American women learn virtually nothing from their parents, and absolutely NOTHING from college, not even cooking class! :x

They learn how to subvert or manage the "Status Que"
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Yea you see it all the time in online profiles , women stating that their ideal man better know how to cook. Just another thing in the countless demands that AW ask of men
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:I am so sick of women telling me I need to learn how to cook. These are the same women that can't even turn on a f***ing stove. Cooking is not really an art form. Read the instructions on the box or what not and follow it. Simple as apple pie. Even my dad has told me to learn how to cook on countless occasions. I don't understand why this has become a new phenomenon to tell men they need to learn how to cook. Women are supposed to cook, clean, etc. The man does the rest. This society is so f***ed up. I know roles have reversed, but seriously? My ex-girlfriend was Mexican and she always cooked for me and I didn't even have to lift a finger. She also cleaned and did the whole nine. I did my part by taking care of her in the bedroom, teaching her how to use certain shit on her computer, etc.

Why is this becoming such a problem now? Did people back in the 1950s or even the 70s harp on men not cooking? You know this is a crock of shit when women are complaining about you not cooking, and they are supposed to be the homemakers, stupid slut. Oh yeah, the women that tell me this shit are good friends, ex-girlfriends, or random next bitches. Women that don't know how to cook is like a hawk that doesn't know how to fly. No wonder people keep hiring housekeepers and nannies.

Learn how to cook for yourself, not because someone told you to.

If you want a stay-at-home wife who'd take care of the kids and do all the cooking and cleaning, you'd need to make enough $ to afford a single-income family. Talk to parents in home school programs/groups in your area.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

momopi wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:I am so sick of women telling me I need to learn how to cook. These are the same women that can't even turn on a f***ing stove. Cooking is not really an art form. Read the instructions on the box or what not and follow it. Simple as apple pie. Even my dad has told me to learn how to cook on countless occasions. I don't understand why this has become a new phenomenon to tell men they need to learn how to cook. Women are supposed to cook, clean, etc. The man does the rest. This society is so f***ed up. I know roles have reversed, but seriously? My ex-girlfriend was Mexican and she always cooked for me and I didn't even have to lift a finger. She also cleaned and did the whole nine. I did my part by taking care of her in the bedroom, teaching her how to use certain shit on her computer, etc.

Learn how to cook for yourself, not because someone told you to.

If you want a stay-at-home wife who'd take care of the kids and do all the cooking and cleaning, you'd need to make enough $ to afford a single-income family. Talk to parents in home school programs/groups in your area.
True, I'm not sure about "Home School" considering some of the reasons why some people do it, fear of secular culture and all that...

I don't care if my wife stays at home, I'm fairly sure I'll be living where she doesn't have to work for a few years. By that time she'll be ready to go back to work in most cases. If not, then we'll adjust our lives around having only one income or we'll develop something she can do from home. You can work from home, its just hard of you already don't have the skill set companies require for telecommuting. But many office jobs can be done from home. There's a IBM Branch in I think Maryland that more than 60% of its staff works from home, even though they have this giant complex. - http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... ideosearch

I'm convinced most business want their employees around because of the Protestant Work Ethic, they want works constantly busy, burn out be damed. One reason I got into IT is the relaxed attitude around work. You work it and around the internet and intranet, so it natural you'll want to follow business relationships and personal relationships on Facebook, Twitter, etc. But you also watch Video on your breaks, watch Sports while doing your work, etc, etc. Harmless, seems IT understand this more than standard 19th/20th Century business models.

I am hoping to once I get my foot in the door, I'll be able to cut back my work schedule as well.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

It is part of the GREED of American women. Women should have no obligation to a man whatsoever. That includes having to cook for one. I actually believe that most women intentionally refuse to learn how to cook so they never feel dominated by an awful man.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Alright, I am not against men cooking. I believe men and women have natural roles. I have always been independent so I do cook, however, a woman shouldn't be demanding men to cook like it's our job to do it. It's like if a woman is demanding men to make a botanical garden. I bet you any amount of money none of you know how to make a garden (props if you do). That's all I am saying with this thread.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

djfourmoney wrote: True, I'm not sure about "Home School" considering some of the reasons why some people do it, fear of secular culture and all that...
Parents in home school groups had already figured out how to make single income "work" for their family. It's amazing to chat with them about their network and ways to save $ on everything from housing to groceries (http://www.thegrocerygame.com), plus various work from home opportunities.

If I could afford it, I'd prefer to home school my child in the younger ages, and join local home school association for group activities. Your kid is only young once, you don't get a second chance at raising them.