Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Enjoy the new forum.



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics


My Chinese landlord!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

My Chinese landlord!

Post by ErikHeaven » April 21st, 2011, 6:08 am

I just found out by his own mouth and his wounds that he got beat up 2 days ago. He also owns a Chinese restaurant and he cooks and drives. I told him many times that he should fill out his pistol permit and carry. He got so complacent about it and this happened. He is a really nice guy. Reminds me of Winston. His hand was damaged real bad as he tried to resist. The reason behind this post is i talk to so many men of all races and many of them express a general aversion of firearms.
I wonder why. I have had my pistol permit for going on 10 years and i love to shoot and hunt. Many American men just sound like women as they tell me all time, "I could never shoot anybody even if they were trying to take my life".
I do not understand the why's or the exact time period when many American men became soft!
Oh i forgot to add he got beat up of course delivering Chinese food by two thugs of course. We had a white guy in my area 2 years ago delivering pizza and he was sent to a dead address. Two thugs jumped him and he shot one to death with a Glock .40.
I still say he did right but many in the community said he was wrong. By the way he was never charged for acting in self defense.

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1384
Joined: August 23rd, 2007, 5:17 pm

Post by The_Adventurer » April 21st, 2011, 6:19 am

I like the fact that in some states, like Texas, at least in the past, as I don't know about today, if thugs attacked, even with a knife, and you blew 'em away, the cops would come cart off the body and call it a day. You wouldn't get into trouble. It seems like in some states, these days, you shoot a burglar breaking into your house and you end up in prison!

I have an aversion to guns though. Sure, when I was young, me and my brother owned many guns and, being in Arizona, we went to the range regularly. I took those classes, usually taught by grizzled old cops, and I was pretty good too. Never got into a situation where I needed one luckily. After living in places like Tokyo, Shanghai or Seoul, where the idea of needing a gun is just plain ludicrous, I have come to hate them. To be honest, I hate the whole "great equalizer" concept Sam Colt introduced with his pistol. Even though there is some skill to gun fighting, it's just not the same as swords, knives or bare hands.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

keius
Freshman Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: June 17th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Re: My Chinese landlord!

Post by keius » April 21st, 2011, 6:37 am

ErikHeaven wrote:I just found out by his own mouth and his wounds that he got beat up 2 days ago. He also owns a Chinese restaurant and he cooks and drives. I told him many times that he should fill out his pistol permit and carry. He got so complacent about it and this happened. He is a really nice guy. Reminds me of Winston. His hand was damaged real bad as he tried to resist. The reason behind this post is i talk to so many men of all races and many of them express a general aversion of firearms.
I wonder why. I have had my pistol permit for going on 10 years and i love to shoot and hunt. Many American men just sound like women as they tell me all time, "I could never shoot anybody even if they were trying to take my life".
I do not understand the why's or the exact time period when many American men became soft!
Oh i forgot to add he got beat up of course delivering Chinese food by two thugs of course. We had a white guy in my area 2 years ago delivering pizza and he was sent to a dead address. Two thugs jumped him and he shot one to death with a Glock .40.
I still say he did right but many in the community said he was wrong. By the way he was never charged for acting in self defense.


That's cuz many Americans are now just a bunch of panzy-ass libs. Excuses for everything and no responsibility for anything. On that note, i don't believe they represent even close to the majority. They are simply the most vocal about it.

As for "I could never shoot anybody even if they were trying to take my life". That's just BS. They always say that, BUT when something happens to them, they change to a different tune.
They usually end up with carry permits....then they preach the same shit but believe that they are the exception to the rule (hypocrites). (Politicians/antigunners have actually done this)
Also, when the life of yourself and your family on the line, these pussies will shoot. If they don't, then they deserve to die. It'd just be a shame if their family died with him because he couldn't act like a man.
I don't associate with guys who wouldn't protect their own families.
But honestly, i've never actually met a guy that actually said that "I could never shoot anybody even if they were trying to take my life".

Strange though, most people in shall-issue states usually aren't too liberal and are usually ok with guns and self defense.
In MD, you have to prove that you are in dire threat for your life before the state troopers will issue you a temporary carry permit, assuming a clean criminal record. Which means that you essentially can't get a permit.

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

True that

Post by ErikHeaven » April 21st, 2011, 6:37 am

Yet i live in a small city in Western NY and even here the crime is going through the roof. There are many people on pain pills and the home invasions are picking up. We only used to have one murder a year. Now we have 5. Also many people especially the elderly are getting robbed in broad daylight.
Many people need their daily xanax or hydro fix.
And when they do rob you or beat you they always pull out guns. Like i tell my son knives and martial arts are useless these days. You have to have the stomach to shoot people if necessary.

ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1050
Joined: January 4th, 2011, 4:19 pm

Post by ErikHeaven » April 21st, 2011, 6:42 am

NYS is one of the fastest to get a pistol permit. Many states are faster i know that. I got mine in 3 months and no waiting periods or limits on purchases. Just the stupid assault weapons ban.
In other states you can buy damn near anything especially machine guns or silencers, not in NYS though. Especially not anti gun NYC.
The stupid thing about Bloomberg is that he knows damn near every guy walking down the street has a gun on him and his stupid anti gun crusade will never stop that.

keius
Freshman Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: June 17th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Post by keius » April 21st, 2011, 7:47 am

Terrence wrote:I like the fact that in some states, like Texas, at least in the past, as I don't know about today, if thugs attacked, even with a knife, and you blew 'em away, the cops would come cart off the body and call it a day. You wouldn't get into trouble. It seems like in some states, these days, you shoot a burglar breaking into your house and you end up in prison!


That's exactly what happens in MD. ...Unless the burglar broke into a cops home. Happens every now and then. The cop always gets off scott free. This year or last, an off-duty cop chased an unarmed burglar who was running away from the cops home. The cop shot him in the back on his lawn, outside his home. Cop exonerated.
FYI: There are different classes of citizens.

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1384
Joined: August 23rd, 2007, 5:17 pm

Post by The_Adventurer » April 21st, 2011, 9:32 am

keius wrote:That's exactly what happens in MD. ...Unless the burglar broke into a cops home. Happens every now and then. The cop always gets off scott free. This year or last, an off-duty cop chased an unarmed burglar who was running away from the cops home. The cop shot him in the back on his lawn, outside his home. Cop exonerated.
FYI: There are different classes of citizens.



Yeah, cops can get away with murder. Always had been like this. Always will be? Reminds me of a future story I saw in anime. A guy murders a girl in cold blood. An off duty cop shoots the guy four time, no fatal wounds, and the cop ends up on trial.

Last time I lived in Arizona, years ago, you could still walk into any store, buy a gun off the rack, no waiting periods, and walk right out. Don't know if it's still like that or not.

I agree that knives and martial arts have become a lot less relevant in heavily armed cities (still quite useful in Asia where there are few guns) but I just hate that they have become so. In those days, if you got killed it was probably your own damn fault for not training. Look, however, at the old west. Many of the greatest gun fighters died pitiful deaths. No matter their skill, any idiot can kill them in the right circumstances. (like shooting them in the back)
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussions”