Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


English mindset vs. Foreign mindset

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

English mindset vs. Foreign mindset

Postby rome86 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 pm

what do you think ?

english mindset is the problem ..it is weird-distant-greedy-materialistic-cold .... as a latin educated guy i am yet to settle here in the USA after 5 years
yeah yeah they make money that's true but their economic system is a gimmick and unstable (recession every decades ancient civilizations build empires that lasted thousand of years with a stable economy)..behold the USA economy is on the brink of total collapse and anarchy .. oh england is not that far ... as for australia they are far away from england and usa influence... canada has inside fighting between english/american and french(latin :lol:)values.french and latin in general prefer living life rather than chasing money. USA in the meantime has inherited their english ancestry and is working along side their english MOMMY..consequences are a false sense of wealth created by huge amount of debt-feminist society- families destroyed-materialism-world domination-spoiled aggressive mentality .. etc... ENGLISH GO TO HELL :D
hello
rome86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:42 pm







Re: english mindset vs foreign mindset

Postby BellaRuth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:55 pm

rome86 wrote:what do you think ?

english mindset is the problem ..it is weird-distant-greedy-materialistic-cold .... as a latin educated guy i am yet to settle here in the USA after 5 years
yeah yeah the make money that's true but their economic system is a gimmick and unstable ..behold the USA economy is on the brink of total collapse and anarchy .. oh england is not that far ... as for australia they are far away from england and usa.... canada has inside fighting between english/american and french values.. USA has inherited their english ancestry and is working along side their english MOMMY..consequences are a false sense of wealth created by huge amount of debt-feminist society- families destroyed-materialism-world domination etc... ENGLISH GO TO HELL :D


Rome, have you even been to England?

England has many problems but it isn't America. Traditionally it is very much frowned upon to be greedy/materialistic in the UK. This is looked upon as being nouveau-riche/'naff' or 'vulgar' which is the exact opposite of what you are describing. Even lords and ladies are not meant to buy their own furniture or own a new car as to chase after money or show yourself off is very un-British. Lots of things about the UK are evil socialism to Americans- the healthcare system for one.

I'm never going to champion my country as I want to move myself, but inaccuracy is another thing altogether. In my experience the UK is changing for the worse due to Americanisation, not the other way round. Our 'chav' culture comes straight from American ghetto culture and did NOT exist before. Our focus on celebrities comes straight from the excess of American media. Until I was well into my teens almost everything I saw was British-based television, I didn't even watch Sesame Street because we didn't have it. Now it's a different story. If England having control over America hundreds of years ago was the culprit, why blame feminism and Marx? Why say women were better in the 70s?

Materialism, greed and the whole work-til-you-drop capitalism is a very American thing, not a traditional British mindset at all. This shows how ignorant you are of our culture. British people are lazy in regards to work for the most part, you should look at the amount of paid holidays, national holidays and sick leave we have available, whilst the Americans have none. The British have never lived to work and the fact someone can even think this is laughable to me. We just do not have that work ethic. A few people in the capital cities perhaps, but it's not in the culture at all.

If you are going to moan about England please moan about England, and if you want to complain about America complain about America.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:37 pm
Location: UK

Postby rome86 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:18 pm

sorry to offend you ... I spent some time there and i have family and friend over there. It is true that america has the center of attention but trust me england work toe to toe with the usa behind the scenes ..and don't forget that england was just as imperialistic in the 19 th century until their economy collapsed and their currency lost their status as world reserve.
I know you maybe a good english woman ..but english culture is very bad that is just a fact.
hello
rome86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Postby BellaRuth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:28 pm

rome86 wrote:sorry to offend you ... I spent some time there and i have family and friend over there. It is true that america has the center of attention but trust me england work with toe to toe behind the scenes ..and don't forget that england was just as imperialistic in the 19 th century until their economy collapsed and their currency lost their status as world reserve.
I know you maybe a good english woman ..but english culture is very bad that is just a fact.


You didn't offend me, I just find it frustrating that people on here think of us as a 51st state when we have SO many differences :wink:

English culture is far closer to American culture now but you cannot reconcile materialism and greed with the traditional British mindset, which championed humility and self-depreciation to absurd levels (something we still get teased about by most foreigners, perhaps moreso than anything else). In fact I know quite a few 'latin' people who live here who see their countries, and women, as far more materialistic!

England is a small country with far less power than you assume. Once we ruled a lot of places, but now? America is in power, and to think we are still pulling America's strings is silly. America controls America and is not going to be dictated to by a tiny, long-retired power. We are dictated to by America. Our prime minister jumps at whatever America's president says because we need America's protection and help. Not the other way round.

I disagree a lot with many aspects of English culture and could easily reel off a list, but this one is misplaced.
BellaRuth
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 9:37 pm
Location: UK

Postby rome86 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:55 pm

BellaRuth wrote:
rome86 wrote:sorry to offend you ... I spent some time there and i have family and friend over there. It is true that america has the center of attention but trust me england work with toe to toe behind the scenes ..and don't forget that england was just as imperialistic in the 19 th century until their economy collapsed and their currency lost their status as world reserve.
I know you maybe a good english woman ..but english culture is very bad that is just a fact.


You didn't offend me, I just find it frustrating that people on here think of us as a 51st state when we have SO many differences :wink:

English culture is far closer to American culture now but you cannot reconcile materialism and greed with the traditional British mindset, which championed humility and self-depreciation to absurd levels (something we still get teased about by most foreigners, perhaps moreso than anything else). In fact I know quite a few 'latin' people who live here who see their countries, and women, as far more materialistic!

England is a small country with far less power than you assume. Once we ruled a lot of places, but now? America is in power, and to think we are still pulling America's strings is silly. America controls America and is not going to be dictated to by a tiny, long-retired power. We are dictated to by America. Our prime minister jumps at whatever America's president says because we need America's protection and help. Not the other way round.

I disagree a lot with many aspects of English culture and could easily reel off a list, but this one is misplaced.


England is quiet because they went down if they had the same power oh God there will anarchy in the world right now.. they america as a cover up. for me USA is acting like MOMMY england.
I like you as an individual but England philosophy and ideals are destructive .. I can't wait for the US economy to go down along with england ..that way we can have some humility in this world.
hello
rome86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:42 pm


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonny Law and 3 guests