USA: The "No-Vacation Nation"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Think Different
Junior Poster

USA: The "No-Vacation Nation"

Post by Think Different »

Found this article in yesterday's CNN:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/05/2 ... index.html

List of statutory minimum employment leave by country (check out the USA):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_st ... by_country

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

There are so many good posts on this site I can't keep up!

"Americans work like robots"

I loved that part! I negotiated more vacation and I take it all. The first time you take 2wks at once and never answer your blackberry people go into shock, they attempt social manipulation but once none of their tricks work, they just accept it, and then they are trained. "Oh that is how he is, he has balance, don't call he won't answer." And then the next thing happens which is a beautify thing: others start copying you. :)

The biggest workaholic psycho chick in the office started going to Europe and just unplugging and proudly told me on returning she denied all calls. She is still a psycho, but good for her.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you have to grow a pair if you want your rights back.

The Americans hating the French is the funniest. The French go to the streets and shut down the entire nation. This website isn't enough. Learn.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Yeah, we make fun of the French, but they are the ones with balls. Their government has a healthy fear of their populace and it shows. The French people have real clout. Americans have been castrated by the government and their employers.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Think Different wrote:Yeah, we make fun of the French, but they are the ones with balls. Their government has a healthy fear of their populace and it shows. The French people have real clout. Americans have been castrated by the government and their employers.
Well, even in that sense, Would France be a nation to meet good women, or is it like America (stuck up, "feminized" woman)?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Think Different
Junior Poster

The_Hero_of_Twilight wrote:
Think Different wrote:Yeah, we make fun of the French, but they are the ones with balls. Their government has a healthy fear of their populace and it shows. The French people have real clout. Americans have been castrated by the government and their employers.
Well, even in that sense, Would France be a nation to meet good women, or is it like America (stuck up, "feminized" woman)?
Not in my experience. French women are independent and strong-willed, but they are classy and very feminine. If you can handle their strong will, they are wonderful. They are in my personal top 5 for favorite choices for foreign women. Note that like most western European women, French women would almost NEVER consider living in the US, so don't even consider trying to bring them here.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Think Different wrote:
The_Hero_of_Twilight wrote:
Not in my experience. French women are independent and strong-willed, but they are classy and very feminine. If you can handle their strong will, they are wonderful. They are in my personal top 5 for favorite choices for foreign women. Note that like most western European women, French women would almost NEVER consider living in the US, so don't even consider trying to bring them here.
Are you for real?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

When I worked in the Netherlands, I had 40 days of paid vacation a year.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Well for one, American women are not feminized; they're femi-nazis, big difference.

My impression of French women is that they can be a strong willed but feminine. My interactions with them have been through international teams in various parts of the globe but not in France, itself, so I can't parlay a clear discernment.

All and all, they remind me a bit of American women of the late 60s & 70s, open minded & in tune with their female side. Now, whether or not this means that they just need another 15-25 years to become Yankee psychos is yet to be seen. There is a type of international devolution going on.

The reason why many do not like America, New Zealand, Oz, or really, any Anglo/Yankee sphere of influence outside of at most, the French-Canadian Quebec province, is that they want the French culture, which involves hanging out at coffee houses and socializing in French.

I suspect that if you setup a 2nd home in Montreal a/o Quebec City, learn French fluently, then you might have possibilities of having her wanting to stay in Quebec, since I'm sure that she might like the travel/adventure. All and all, if you're really willing to be an Francophone, then French Canada may be the place for you, as Quebecois women are still better than the ones, just across the border in New England.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MrPeabody wrote:When I worked in the Netherlands, I had 40 days of paid vacation a year.
Unfucking believable! In the US, you get one or two weeks paid vacation a year and 25% of American workers get no vacation time at all! WTF? :shock:

In most European countries, you get 4 to 6 weeks of paid vacation starting with your first year at the job! :D

Europe is looking better and better to me! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

MrPeabody wrote:When I worked in the Netherlands, I had 40 days of paid vacation a year.
In Oman, I had 70+. Yipee!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

At my job, there is no vacation time the first year and only five days the second.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Adama, that sounds like slavery. Even working for companies in the US usually a person gets 15 days (Realistically 10 days because 1 week for sick leave). However, at my current traineeship I have 25 days off so 5 weeks plus 13/14 holidays for the year so it is really nice.

America is just not the place if you want to have time off. It is not possible. Unless you work for a foreign company,
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

In US, a vacation means taking a dip in a Cancun or Bahamian resort or if local, going to the Adirondacks or White Mountains for a 4 day weekend.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

aozora13 wrote:Adama, that sounds like slavery. Even working for companies in the US usually a person gets 15 days (Realistically 10 days because 1 week for sick leave). However, at my current traineeship I have 25 days off so 5 weeks plus 13/14 holidays for the year so it is really nice.

America is just not the place if you want to have time off. It is not possible. Unless you work for a foreign company,
Basically. I had surgery and then had to return immediately to work. I couldnt function and had to go home. I received a written warning and was forced to make up the days I missed. They arent joking around.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

There French Women here... I've had some hit me up on various web sites. The last one, the best looking one I had to skip because I'm in no position to date anybody.

Overall they are down the list on Ladies I Love In Europe. They tend to be not the best looking, sometimes chubby. Quite Liberal though and that agrees with me. Not sure if I've seen an independence streak in them that was mentioned. Most European women have independence, many of them leave home at an early age, especially if they are in University.

As I have said before the biggest difference between European Women and American Women is that their independence does not get in the way of their feminism or desire to be involved in long term relationships with men. They don't HATE MEN....

American Women may not hate men but they sure like Man Haters speak for them.