Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Without children, my alternate future ...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Let Me Properly introduce Myself

Postby Master » Tue May 31, 2011 7:53 pm

Everyone has a need to belong one way or another you can’t change that. If you didn’t you wouldn’t be in this forum or still want to buy off women.

Approval is needed to assure of success.

what if's?!

what if you die today?

what if your goal doesn’t succeed?

what if you get paralyzed?

what if you lose your job and money?

what if you lose your cock?


All scenario that can happen at anytime.


It can happen but you can also be successful. Nothing can be calculated.

You cant control other people you can only hope for the better.

If it doesnt work you can always find someone else. Appreciate that your kids and maybe even that you were with a beautiful woman and that you took a swing at things.





The Doc is the Da Man!


Never did i think of myself as scientist until i recently saw this film and he said it and i think it makes perfect sense. I am a scientist!



Image
Master
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:56 am







Re: Without children, my alternate future ...

Postby Master » Tue May 31, 2011 8:03 pm

walrusface wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
3) Do my own scientific research, occasionally publishing papers



I couldn't help but find this a bit funny considering your display pic. :)

I don't want kids either, and I'm not that bothered about getting married. As long as you have the money to live the life you want I can't see a problem with it. If you find yourself not happy with it, for whatever reason, you could always change it..



I thought it was obvious. call me naive or it takes one to know one.



I agree people that are not ready to have kids shouldnt but at the same time good people should have kids because good people are dying out.
Master
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:56 am

Re: Without children, my alternate future ...

Postby Jackal » Tue May 31, 2011 8:29 pm

S_Parc wrote:I see an alternate reality. This is one, living abroad, but w/o wife and kids.

1) Financially Independent

2) Exercise & run my own Martial Arts dojo

3) Do my own scientific research, occasionally publishing papers

4) Periodically have 5 star escorts, gfe experience

Now, can anyone see a problem with the above 8) ?

No, there's nothing wrong with those four, but the main problem is what's missing. You talk like you will permanently be an island completely separate from society, always controlling how much interaction you will have. I think to be truly happy you need to become a part of the local community where you live. Perhaps running a martial arts school would help you do this (you have events, meet people, etc.). Even if you're the richest man in the world, you will still encounter some surprises which you couldn't predict or control. So ease up on the control and become part of a community somewhere.

You don't need to be married to be happy, but you do need real relationships and friendships to be happy.
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 am
Location: Hungary

Postby S_Parc » Tue May 31, 2011 8:57 pm

For both Jackal & Master, when one is a Mad Scientist, a non-Poetic Mystic, etc, then there is a sense of being *different*, even when you're among friends and family.

I think this is where I find myself not looking for approval or acceptance from others, even though to some extent, I already have it, pretty much wherever I go, outside of the Femi-Nazi Lesbo central :wink: headquarters in Northampton MA. And much of that comes from not looking like Doc Brown but more like a less intense/less 'American psycho' Christian Bale, on the outside. There is an old adage, 'he who speaks the truth is driven from every village'. Thus, I do watch what I say around groups of people.

Well, at this pt in time, I've stopped running on empty, & thus, can do well with or without love and companionship. I'm not sure if I crave approval/belonging, etc, perhaps just not a huge amount of distaste and scorn. With that in mind, I don't worry so much about my surroundings but more about the internal life. So while I don't expose spirituality, since it sounds hokey, contrived, & proselytizing for most adherents, it's been a part of my fold for quite some time.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Without children, my alternate future ...

Postby Master » Tue May 31, 2011 11:02 pm

Jackal wrote:No, there's nothing wrong with those four, but the main problem is what's missing. You talk like you will permanently be an island completely separate from society, always controlling how much interaction you will have. I think to be truly happy you need to become a part of the local community where you live. Perhaps running a martial arts school would help you do this (you have events, meet people, etc.). Even if you're the richest man in the world, you will still encounter some surprises which you couldn't predict or control. So ease up on the control and become part of a community somewhere.

You don't need to be married to be happy, but you do need real relationships and friendships to be happy.




Part of community? Not so sure about that one. i havent been part of any community my whole life and I usually like Doc feel disdain for how the rats pull strings. Not that there is anything wrong with doing good and spending time with good people but to need a community I dont feel is necessary.

In any case there are plenty of psychos in the world that dont give a crap about people or communities in fact they'd love to tear them apart or take advantage of them. Sad but true. Community is not bad and I appreciate people that spend there lives to doing good or that take the time to do it. I just dont think its part of the human requirement since so many dont do it.

I agree about the marriage part and the friendship as well as wanting to much control. It will end him if he wants to obsessively control every part of his life.
Master
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:56 am

Re: Without children, my alternate future ...

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:41 am

S_Parc wrote:I see an alternate reality. This is one, living abroad, but w/o wife and kids.

1) Financially Independent

2) Exercise & run my own Martial Arts dojo

3) Do my own scientific research, occasionally publishing papers

4) Periodically have 5 star escorts, gfe experience

Now, can anyone see a problem with the above 8) ?


Do whatever turns you on...

1) Is very unlikely, unless you started early like in your 20's...

2) Are you fat now? See my first comment being Bruce Lee won't get you laid more

3) Does this have impact on the first statement? If so, ask Phx Sosa about that

4) Waste of Money and UNLIKELY

Fact is Married Men live longer, I guess you'll be taking a dirt nap about 60-65 with this behavior.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby sushiman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:56 am

Doing what u wanna do is a lot of fun. My friends all had kids and I decided not to, it was a good decision for me. But I like freedom and could never live the kid life.
sushiman
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Seoul

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:40 am

sushiman wrote:Doing what u wanna do is a lot of fun. My friends all had kids and I decided not to, it was a good decision for me. But I like freedom and could never live the kid life.


Yep Kids are not for everybody. I will say this though... No marriage and No kids? By the time you're 70... If you make it that far I can almost for sure say you'll be spending a majority of your time alone. My father never remarried and when he had a stroke he found out who his friends where QUICK FAST, you dig? He lived alone, he died in his sleep ALONE.

Don't say that won't be you. He traveled when he was younger, he worked for PG&E and was not bad looking. But his health started to fail him. Who was there for him? His mother was dead, my mom could careless about him. It was mainly ME and only ME and a few of his closest friends from when he first moved from Texas to California in the late 50's.

I'm just giving you fair warning. Being "free" do whatever you want and have nobody to answer to basically having no purpose in life SOUNDS REALLY GOOD. To a point it is, but humans, like all other mammals like companionship and f***ing paid hoes is going to seem very hollow after a few dozen. These bitches don't care about you, they care about that paper. They also don't like (f***ing) fossils, so get this shit of being in your late 60's and f***ing young women out of your mind. If you can find a SE Asian to go for that, I can tell you now she won't be that cute, likely from a poor background and just a failure waiting to happen.
Last edited by djfourmoney on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby The_Adventurer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:52 am

Just as it is true that is does not profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his own soul, it is equally true that good health, wealth, talent and success are valueless to those who fail to obtain happiness in the love relationships of the home. To have great relationships with those close to us, as human beings, is a very needful thing. Failing in this, we fail in everything. Money, health, talent and success are, to a very great extent, of little value to the person nobody loves, and who has no one to share them with.

When I left America, where I the original posters ideas might be sound, I had similar thoughts. It did not, however, take long, viewing the lives of old lonely men patronizing bars in the Philippines, to realize that this was not an ideal strategy. As I traveled and explored more, I began to see the value of so many other options.

While in Korea I lived with a family. This was a whole family. The mother and father still together, and with their three kids. This was a completely different experience for me, having not been in a similar situation since being a child myself with my own family. I saw family from a different perspective, and the ideas I had, based on my experience in America, began to fade rather quickly.

In the US, I had a great job, at one point passing the six figure mark in salary, drive a fast car, and had little debt. I was also single. In many cases I never had to care about how much money I was spending. I filled my life with toys, Playstation, XBox, DVDs, computers, music equipment and anything else that caught my fancy. I was free and felt I could go anywhere and do anything. Unfortunately, my few friends were all coworkers, and though the lifestyle afforded me no trouble in picking up girls, usually at clubs or bars, nothing lasted or even became remotely serious. I was, of course, fine with this, as I loved living alone and valued my "freedom". The thing is, when the DVD stopped playing, or the game ended, or the music stopped, there was nothing. It wasn't real.

At another point in the Philippines, my second trip there, I lived with a large muslim family. My American friend's wife had 10 brothers and sisters who, at different times, may have stayed with us. They also began to have children, and there were two or three other random people who lived there. The house was always alive and there was never a thought of boredom. Leaving America, I finally learned what Winston meant when I wrote that he no longer watches TV because his real life was more interesting than anything on the tube.

Having a baby is hardly a burden when there are sisters and grandparents living under the same roof. My friend and his wife never lost any "freedom" from what I could see. Even if they wanted to go see a movie together, they could easily do so. The young wife was never heavily burdened with child care, because she had family members around to help at all times. This seemed to me like real life for them.

Outside of America, I see little value in living a life consisting primarily of hookers and working. If I were to marry my current girlfriend, we would live in her hometown with her parents and sister. Having children hardly need be viewed as some kind of end of life, especially in the proper environment. While I agree with some of the reasons posted as to why not get married and have children, I agree only as far as they apply to life in America. Out int he real world. the dream is still possible for those who wish to attain it, and attaining it may be what leads to health and happiness.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Postby sushiman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Some people have their own purpose in life. If you have no purpose then yes not having kids and a woman means you have no purpose, because the kids become your purpose. Not for everyone but we are not everyone we are one person!

FYI I have a great woman but we ain't wantin' no kid!
sushiman
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Seoul

Postby S_Parc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Lots of good points and of course, whether or not I agree, this discussion needs to occur, since we won't be getting this kind of candor outside of a forum like this.

As for marriage and longevity, I believe that that study refers to happily married men, not dysfunctional families. And I think that a lot of people stay married, despite being unhappy, because they can't fathom living alone. Unfortunately, I know a lot of persons in this category and I'm certain that many of them have just as many psychosomatic illnesses as single persons.

Now, as for high class escorts, I think some of you miss the major point here. And that point is to be able to send the person away, after some fun times. The idea is not about dragging a person around and dealing with her baggage.

As for living with families and such, I've done a lot of that activity and now, I don't care for it, as much as I used to. After those love-ins, usually some truth comes out and then there are skeletons in the closet, etc. Yes, it's an interesting aspect of life but that's it, an aspect of it.

And finally, the whole Milton thing, 'Gain the World and Lose Your Soul', well... what world? I don't have psychic powers over other people's thoughts and behavior patterns? At most, I can be in balance with them. Being able to pay one's bills hardly qualifies as 'gaining the world' and then finally, what religion or practice are you espousing where your happiness is entirely depended upon others? I don't believe that that's a way of gaining one's soul, if you believe that the soul was *detached* to begin with. Historically speaking, the Buddha had left his kingdom & family to find enlightenment. Many other Shamans have gone off into the mountains/deserts, on their own, to find their own way & later become healers and teachers for others.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby Free » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Sort of in the minority here, but I personally see children as very important.
For sure there are certain freedoms I see about a child-free life and more things you can pursue, but I look at a larger picture. I think in some ways, it can be much more beneficial to not think of self so much and to therefore be willing to make a sacrifice for a greater good. From time memorial, no one promised having children would be easy work, but it is required in the most basic sense for our survival, starting from, as a human species, and then if you like, by ethnic group to ethnic group. If for example, too many in a certain ethnic group become more and more selfish, materialistic, disconnected and make a deliberate choice to not have children, and yet ethnic groups around them have 5+ children per couple, it's only logical, before time, they will cease to exist. Instead though, for their survival, and humanity in general, they carry on the innate urging, not think of self, put self aside, and make this contribution or sacrifice (however one looks at it) for the greater good.

What happened to community? Thinking of the community, our extended selves and the like.

There is of course a form of looking out for one's self that is beneficial, we need to start with ourselves being the best we can so therefore we can ultimately contribute the best to others. I don't call this selfishness. Selfishness is more of an ugly state and, as we can see too much today, is damaging many things!

For example, discussed many times here about people being in cliques and thus hard for friendly outsiders to get to know others, many times it can be traced to selfish people, doing their own thing, not thinking, caring of others. Today of most days, we need community more and more, yet selfishness is more and more on the rise.

Kind of a side path rant there, at any rate, just wanted to bring a sort of different flavor to the thread.
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
(Free)
Free
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 12:27 am

Postby S_Parc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Free wrote:Kind of a side path rant there, at any rate, just wanted to bring a sort of different flavor to the thread.


This is a very important point and needs to be brought up.

The reason why I made this thread was to bring these issues to light. I'm not expecting anyone to convert me into the Brady Bunch way.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby Master » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:45 pm

S_Parc wrote:For both Jackal & Master, when one is a Mad Scientist, a non-Poetic Mystic, etc, then there is a sense of being *different*, even when you're among friends and family.

I think this is where I find myself not looking for approval or acceptance from others, even though to some extent, I already have it, pretty much wherever I go, outside of the Femi-Nazi Lesbo central :wink: headquarters in Northampton MA. And much of that comes from not looking like Doc Brown but more like a less intense/less 'American psycho' Christian Bale, on the outside. There is an old adage, 'he who speaks the truth is driven from every village'. Thus, I do watch what I say around groups of people.

Well, at this pt in time, I've stopped running on empty, & thus, can do well with or without love and companionship. I'm not sure if I crave approval/belonging, etc, perhaps just not a huge amount of distaste and scorn. With that in mind, I don't worry so much about my surroundings but more about the internal life. So while I don't expose spirituality, since it sounds hokey, contrived, & proselytizing for most adherents, it's been a part of my fold for quite some time.



You're not the only Scientist or the only mad one. Do you think a guy with the name like Jackal or one with a face like mine is *common*.

I dont have a family( or I dont acknowledge them). Friends? who needs them?

I dont mean to say you always need approval or acceptance but everybody likes being appreciated. Thats all I meant by it. Everybody likes compliments and likes being thought of as good. Nothing else. I dont mean you need it at every moment or anything like that.


You live in Ma. AND YOU HAVE COMPLAINTS??!??!! My gosh do you have high standards. Mass is one of the most underful parts of the world where people treat each other really good and they tons of great activities, communities, attractive people and fun. Dont know why your hard on yourself.

If Femi-nazi trouble you so much perhaps you're not looking at the lighter side of things, at the funny part. Perhaps being too smart and demanding has cost you. Smile a bit more and let the things be as they may. You cant change people especially bad people. You just cant. So dont beat yourself about it.


Christian bale= batman ha! is quite good looking if you're a less intense version of his American Psycho then you shouldnt have problems getting girls and fitting in. What is wrong?


I think that is true, That is why it makes sense that the pure are always alienated and that they have zero friends and why it is that so many hate them but that doesnt mean that we cant be deceiteful to get exactly what we want.

I dont, sometimes i do sometimes i dont. watch what i say. That is because I live in a psychopathic society where many would gladly give up there life for the wrong look and I wouldnt. Thus I do watch what I say but sometimes I cant help it and it does get the best of me. Whatever it may be i Cant be controlled.



That is fine if you are content with your life and you feel you dont need anyone or love but in the end I think everyone has some sort of longing for love and to be love whether theyd like to admit or not. IN THE END.


The internal life is one of the most important to life. There are so many great ideas, religious, and spiritual beliefs out there that can help many with this. It is a wonderful journey one that probably doesnt need a second party.



This is all is very funny. Are you a monk or better yet gay?

You know a lot of guys/scientist/ and intellectuals can be gay or asexual.



I know sometimes being better than everybody else makes you feel like nobody is good enough.
Master
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:56 am

Postby djfourmoney » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:20 am

S_Parc wrote:Lots of good points and of course, whether or not I agree, this discussion needs to occur, since we won't be getting this kind of candor outside of a forum like this.

As for marriage and longevity, I believe that that study refers to happily married men, not dysfunctional families. And I think that a lot of people stay married, despite being unhappy, because they can't fathom living alone. Unfortunately, I know a lot of persons in this category and I'm certain that many of them have just as many psychosomatic illnesses as single persons.

Now, as for high class escorts, I think some of you miss the major point here. And that point is to be able to send the person away, after some fun times. The idea is not about dragging a person around and dealing with her baggage.

As for living with families and such, I've done a lot of that activity and now, I don't care for it, as much as I used to. After those love-ins, usually some truth comes out and then there are skeletons in the closet, etc. Yes, it's an interesting aspect of life but that's it, an aspect of it.

And finally, the whole Milton thing, 'Gain the World and Lose Your Soul', well... what world? I don't have psychic powers over other people's thoughts and behavior patterns? At most, I can be in balance with them. Being able to pay one's bills hardly qualifies as 'gaining the world' and then finally, what religion or practice are you espousing where your happiness is entirely depended upon others? I don't believe that that's a way of gaining one's soul, if you believe that the soul was *detached* to begin with. Historically speaking, the Buddha had left his kingdom & family to find enlightenment. Many other Shamans have gone off into the mountains/deserts, on their own, to find their own way & later become healers and teachers for others.


Again...

If your a prostitute you have "issues" no matter how seemingly well adjusted some people are, they are always hiding some sort of demon. Don't me mislead into thinking that you can just "Pay somebody to leave" because at some point it will become endless and an empty bed will become all too familiar.

Bad Marriages are a product of constant poor decision making, I can't say that enough. It starts with marrying the WRONG WOMAN. Seldom are men completely fooled my a woman's charms and if you think you will fall under the gaze of a woman, find some objective friends QUICKLY. Friends are usually the best judge of significant others ONLY if they put ASIDE any personal agendas and can see things objectively.

That does not mean listening to your mother if she says your girlfriend looks like a slut but you know the truth about her. She may just not have been taught to dress properly, that can be corrected. Behavior problems CAN only be ADJUSTED, NOT CORRECTED.

You seem to mistake Martial Arts as some sort of enlightenment. Its learning to control your anger and using FORCE as the only REAL last resort, not a "light bulb" moment.

I'm being CRITICAL because seldom are people on another plane, they are down with the rest of us. I'm not looking for some grand answer or have a need to respond to the "burning bush". Chances are you are going to have failing health in your declining years, all your relatives will be dead or close too it. My father is not the only one to die likely too soon but MEN DO DIE SOONER THAN WOMEN because MEN are often times ALONE in their declining years, FACT, FACT, FACT.

You also forget that even if you speak the language fluently and become accustom you're still a Westerner in a Asian country.....
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JohnDoeBigBaller, nezel and 9 guests