Websites like DateInAsia are a waste of time...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
crazyaboutabroad
Freshman Poster

Post by crazyaboutabroad »

ladislav wrote:I am in the Philippines now and I have used Date in Asia to meet quite a few girls. It helps if you are in the country and can go and meet them. The numbers game also helps. I had to email a few hundred to get some 6-7 dates. Many guys email these girls- we are talking hundreds.
As far as them not asking you questions, welcome to the Philippines where girls do not know how to carry on a conversation even in freaking Tagalog. They just sit and sulk and do not talk. Only one in some 10 has any decent communications skills and the younger they are the less comfortable they are around men, especially foreign men.
And also the new generations' English skills are lousy at best. It does help if you can speak Filipino but even then, in 7 out of 10 cases, you have a sulky mute face staring at you. Takes time to sieve through all these girls. Now, I am maintaining contact with some 3 girls who are semi normal and who talk and are somewhat curious about me. The rest are just "mute".
So, not a total waste of time but requires a big investment in time and going through hundreds of girls before you meet someone who is OK. Semi good looking and not "mute". If you are not there, you will just have to email more and establish a better communication channel with them and also set up a date when you are going to visit them. Keep in mind that it is a free site and it is full of totally frivolous men who are there just to masturbate. So, the girls are jaded by such guys and do not get too enthused about one more new guy too soon.
I tried Russian language dating sites ( not for foreigners) and I was 49 and wanted to meet younger women 18 to 23 and had to email some 300 + girls. The result was- I met 4, one turned out to be a gold digger, one disappeared and 2 made friends with me and we are still in touch.
I believe in the power of percentages. If you have the patience and the time to email 400 girls, you are going to catch some fish.
That's great information ladislav.

Yout posts are the best thanks man, keep it up!
Searching my new place where i'll be millionaire and loved.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

manly5000 wrote:Yeah I write to a lot of them (not tons admittedly... not 100's like Ladislav but a few every other day or so) and I get initial messages from quite a few... but when I try to engage them and start really talking about stuff they barely reply and never ask me questions. After 3 or 4 exchanges where it feels like I'm interviewing the chick I give up because it seems like she's not interested.

I'm friendly, non-sexual, use lots of humor etc etc. but I'm just not getting anywhere with them online.

Oh and 99% of the time it's Filipinas I'm writing to.
I'm on Cherry Blossoms and have chatted with lots of girls using the CB chat application, YM, and even Skype. While some Filipina girls are poor conversationalists and/or dumb, I have found many to be charming and engaging. Perhaps I am just turned on by a 50+ guy chatting with a cute 21 year old but I have been surprised by many of the girls I have chatted with, and have several chatmates that I can chat with for hours. In my modest experience they are often more mature than young Americans and certainly sweet and more deferential towards men. That alone makes them intriguing chatmates. Who cares if the American girl is intelligent or educated if she is a bitch?

But, I will admit, its not like like I am trying to discuss Proust with them! And while I am respectful I find that many of them are happy to talk about sex once they get to know you and trust you. That keeps the convo going!

And in my searches, I search for girls with degrees and/or some professional background. Thanks to Pete for that tip.

There are so many thousands that surely you can find a few worth chatting with.
JhonPaul
Freshman Poster

Post by JhonPaul »

With out doubt websites like these surely are a waste of time, one can do so much useful rather than wasting time and going for flirting and chatting....
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Online dating is waste of time in genral, maybe if you wanna meet girl for fun but then again its pointless to chat to filipinas as you can just go there and meet em normal way. Another point is do you ever think what sort of woman would go online, she is likely talking to many different men, they already dated too many guys online, loose women with loose standards, of course she'll tell you that you are the only one, they are not that dumb...just get on the plane and find em old fashioned way
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Banano wrote:Online dating is waste of time in genral, maybe if you wanna meet girl for fun but then again its pointless to chat to filipinas as you can just go there and meet em normal way. Another point is do you ever think what sort of woman would go online, she is likely talking to many different men, they already dated too many guys online, loose women with loose standards, of course she'll tell you that you are the only one, they are not that dumb...just get on the plane and find em old fashioned way
I think it depends on what you're trying to do. If you are relocating, by all means just wait till you get there. Maybe the same if you are going on an extended vacation. And of course if all you want is to find girls to screw, you don't need online dating.

But if you have limited vacation time, planting some seeds in advance seems a reasonable strategy in combination with meeting people when you get there. Also if you want to get a feel for the girls and their thinking, it helps. And if you are like a couple people here who are actually interested in marrying and have specific parameters you are looking for, then online dating has some value.

As to the fact that she is chatting with other men and has dated other men - of course she has. But so have the girls you will meet when you get there. Personally I am not put off by a girl with some experience. Virgins are not my thing!
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

jamesbond wrote:Trying to meet women online is a complete and utter waste of time. This is especially true if your trying to meet women in another country. The best thing to do is visit women in the country your interested in.

The best way to meet people is and always will be the old fashioned way, .... face to face! :D
Wait...words of wisdom and truth? On this forum? How can it BE?!

Oh wait, joined in 2007, it is possible this person has actually stepped foot outside America...not a newfag. So incredibly rare, though.

Ok, back to the newfag fantasy stories now. *sigh*
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.