Skin Hunger

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

abcdavid01 wrote:This is why gay rights is such a problem. Guys can't be physically affectionate because accepting homosexuality changes the language. Even if you don't mean to send of homosexual signals, in a society that recognizes gays it's impossible not to. So I know in other countries and here in America in the 19th century and prior it would be okay, for example, for two male best friends to hold hands. They could write letters with flowery language about how much they love each other and no one would think it's gay. This is what normal society looks like.

I think touch deprivation played a part in messing me up. I don't want my kids to experience.
Guys here hold hands, walk arm in arm, or with arms around eachother, just chatting & laughing while walking in the street... Billy may have noticed too.
I taught at a summer camp in the UK once & I had to be on guard, it was nerve racking... we were briefed about conduct; no physical contact with the kids .. I couldn't hug them or touch their shoulder, nothing for encouragement. Here it's ok to hug & kiss ... you'll get big kids 12, 13 years old sitting on you lap & telling you they love you in english. When I used to teach I saw It was a bit ackward for the Brit & American teachers at first but they got used to it eventually, because love is love. Imagine people can cuddle a dog but not a kid, that's exactly what I said to the Camp cooridator. I was not rehired lol
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

The western world is sick beyond repair and needs to collapse as soon as possible for the good of all humanity.
Out in the world living the dream!
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Yes Renata,

turks are very touchy. It does look funny when older guys sometimes go hand in hand like gay lovers :)

In Germany things are the opposite. Everyone is very cold though it makes life easier as you can easier block idiots. But it depends on your personality.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Billy wrote:Yes Renata,

turks are very touchy. It does look funny when older guys sometimes go hand in hand like gay lovers :)

In Germany things are the opposite. Everyone is very cold though it makes life easier as you can easier block idiots. But it depends on your personality.
I admit that's what crossed my mind initially; Gay??? ... because I know here is muslim but secular ... I understand it's more brotherly love & natural affection ... something very innocent which is interesting because on the other hand these guys get angry easily at anything & end up slapping eachother ... I know all the curse words now because I can differentiate turkish anger from the hot blooded culture that is turk. I even get huged & kissed from random annes, hallas & tayzes lol ... Venezuela was a bit like here too but the men were touchy feely in a more macho way.

have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Hi Renata,

I am currently in Istanbul and I have to say I love this city and I love Turkey! Biggest impression is Turkish men - well dressed, smell great, drive good cars. Customer service is the best it can ever be! Food is better than I could even dream!
And yes, men kiss each other on the cheek, very welcoming in general. The crowd seems healthy, the city has a healthy and upscale rhythm and feel. 14 million people can't be wrong :)
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Istanbul is the best city in Turkey, it's modern & cosmopolitan yet covered in local culture. I live in Izmir, it's a coastal city, not very cosmopolitan but very modern yet traditional. The customer service is really great. Even Turks in other countries that have restaurants serve well. Eating out here is easy due to all the healthy choices.

Hosgeldiniz' 8)