Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Stay in the USA and Work Till You are 80

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby ajvf97 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:19 pm

I have never even though of buying a home here in the USA. I live in a decent 1-bedroom/1-bathroom apartment in a decent area of town. The thought of being stuck with a mortgage frightens me. I would be a slave to my job if I bought a house meaning I could kiss all those european vacations goodbye. I don't have a fancy and expensive phone. I just have one that works. I don't even have a land line in my apartment because most people would rather text and contact me via crapbook anyway than get together and talk to me directly. I don't need to get a new phone every 2 years and I don't need to buy a new car if my current one still works from me actually taking care of it in the decade I've had it. It runs well and gets good gas mileage but the only problem has been recent. It just needs a new paint job after all these years. I'm just not gonna trick out my car with rims or spoilers. Seriously? What for?

Some of my friends are talking about shopping around for different tv packages and giving metaphorical fellatio to such "awesome" shows on tv. Gimme a break. There is absolute feces on tv nowadays. Soon I'll even tell my cable company to cancel my cable tv service. Why? It's too expensive to watch crap. I'll just keep my internet service. I started taking steps towards frugality before I even hit 30. I recently cancelled my satellite radio service because I didn't want or need it.

Not to mention I've never been married and don't have kids. My apartment is close to my work and pretty much everything else. I can walk or drive a very short distance to the bank, post office, etc. Oh yeah and I've been drug free my entire life and I don't smoke. I drink on ccasion and I don't eat out every night. I like something from Starbucks every once in a while. You could say I'm in the nascent stages of my exit plan.
ajvf97
Freshman Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:39 pm

ajvf97 wrote:I have never even though of buying a home here in the USA. I live in a decent 1-bedroom/1-bathroom apartment in a decent area of town. The thought of being stuck with a mortgage frightens me. I would be a slave to my job if I bought a house meaning I could kiss all those european vacations goodbye. I don't have a fancy and expensive phone. I just have one that works. I don't even have a land line in my apartment because most people would rather text and contact me via crapbook anyway than get together and talk to me directly. I don't need to get a new phone every 2 years and I don't need to buy a new car if my current one still works from me actually taking care of it in the decade I've had it. It runs well and gets good gas mileage but the only problem has been recent. It just needs a new paint job after all these years. I'm just not gonna trick out my car with rims or spoilers. Seriously? What for?

Some of my friends are talking about shopping around for different tv packages and giving metaphorical fellatio to such "awesome" shows on tv. Gimme a break. There is absolute feces on tv nowadays. Soon I'll even tell my cable company to cancel my cable tv service. Why? It's too expensive to watch crap. I'll just keep my internet service. I started taking steps towards frugality before I even hit 30. I recently cancelled my satellite radio service because I didn't want or need it.

Not to mention I've never been married and don't have kids. My apartment is close to my work and pretty much everything else. I can walk or drive a very short distance to the bank, post office, etc. Oh yeah and I've been drug free my entire life and I don't smoke. I drink on ccasion and I don't eat out every night. I like something from Starbucks every once in a while. You could say I'm in the nascent stages of my exit plan.

+1
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:40 pm

The_Adventurer wrote:That's awesome Outwest! I probably could have done something like that in the Philippines, but I didn't take best advantage of the opportunity. Now I am in China where it is equally possible in many of the small towns here, and possibly cheaper. I am looking for, more than anything now, freedom. This means the ability to chart my own course, and be captain of my own ship. I can buy a nice place outright for $25 - $35 K out here in some areas, and build a modest online business doing something I really love.

Could you post some pics of what 25k can get you in china please. I'm very interested.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:53 pm

ladislav wrote:What they forget to mention is that it is also very expensive along with "prosperous". And who said it was the most prosperous? Only the US educational system and media keep trumpeting that.

America is an expensive place to live. It's hard to save money when the cost of living is so high. No wonder why so many Americans are working themselves into an early grave.

In America it's life, liberty and the pursuit of a paycheck! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby sushiman » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:27 am

Great thoughts.

The whole enslavemet to work thing is really sad. All these idiots working to consume to work to consume. The crappy two weeks vacation and calling you while you are on the beach is to keep you plugged in so you don't have time to reflect. You'll be paying off the debt forever. Even though the banks greed caused the crash and fall in your home price, keep paying off your silly ARM loan. Stay a slave! And then when you think you finally achieved financial security it will all inflate to zero...oops.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:30 pm

I just read an email thread among my old Hollywood buddies comparing and contrasting these new 3D TV sets. I just checked online and these things cost as much as $2000 USD!! Talk about being in the Matrix. I have not had thoughts of such things for 3 years now since my exit and time in Philippines. I couldn't imagine buying one in the here and now. Granted, I don't watch TV anyway, but even if I got it for movies (for which I would also need a 3D BluRay player for another $200 or so) it seems like such a waste out here. You could live for months on that!

I kinda feel sorry for these guys, living this life where this is their enjoyment. On the other hand, one did ask about what it would take to join me out here.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby Enishi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 pm

I've had a small old TV for several years now. It works just fine, although I do need to sit closer to it whenever I play games like Fallout 3. :P
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:32 am

sushiman wrote:Great thoughts.

The whole enslavemet to work thing is really sad. All these idiots working to consume to work to consume. The crappy two weeks vacation and calling you while you are on the beach is to keep you plugged in so you don't have time to reflect. You'll be paying off the debt forever. Even though the banks greed caused the crash and fall in your home price, keep paying off your silly ARM loan. Stay a slave! And then when you think you finally achieved financial security it will all inflate to zero...oops.

Edit:

And then when you think you finally achieved financial security, you get sick from all the years of working like a slave and not taking care of your body so you have to claim bankruptcy because you can't pay the medical bills.

"Unless you're a Warren Buffett or Bill Gates, you're one illness away from financial ruin in this country"

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-06-05/heal ... =PM:HEALTH
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby well-informed » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:27 am

Wow that's scary to hear Northamericanguy. I better keep myself in shape and hope i wouldn't have to go through an illness
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Postby ajvf97 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:40 am

I've been able to take more than 2 weeks vacation on a couple of different occasions but have always been met with hostility and retaliation upon my return. I've been blamed for shit that hit the fan during my absence that was obviously, in no way, my problem to begin with. People are just angry and jealous but that's all they can do since I'm highly productive at work and get way ahead on work when going on vacation. I took 3 weeks earlier this year and will take another 2 later this fall. Seriously. ask anyone outside the U.S. matrix and they will all agree that 2 weeks out of the entire year is not sufficient for keeping one's sanity.
ajvf97
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions