How soon do you think America will collapse?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Paul Craig Roberts is a conservative NOT a Neo-Con or Neo Liberal. When people like him start making sense to me you know were in trouble. The debate here has shifted so far right that even Nixon or Reagan couldn't get elected. Electing Obama did several negative things, for one it let Caucasian Americans off the hook for the centuries of racism and White Supremacy. Of course as quickly as the media wanted to say we're a post-racial nation, the amount of death threats to Obama are unprecedented... So electing him for didn't solve that problem either. Obama's biggest donors were from Wall St. The revolving door between Wall St and Washington is not nearly covered enough and not connected to conflicting interested either.

I am ready to support a solution, I doubt most of America though.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Interesting replies. One thing I want to add is that I was talking to a military veteran one day about retiring in another country and he told me that I need to strategize and think carefully about what county I chose to live in because if war would ever break out I could be caught in the cross fire.

For example, if the US ever gets into a fight with China all Americans living in China will be suspect and the people just might turn on you as told to me.

Yea, if the SHTF here in America at least I still know the language and I wont be a automatic suspect, but if the SHTF while I'm in a foreign nation it's much worse.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

You assume you're not a suspect. From what I read, a lot of everyday Americans are being suspected of something and detained right now. Who needs to wait for war?

On another note, if GDP is an indicator of how friendly and receptive the girls will be, as once suggested, shouldn't Viet Nam and Bangladesh be better destinations than Philippines?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I am 5+ miles from the city limits, 6+ months of storable food, lots of ammo, a mountain stream across the street, and the house sits in a highly defensible position thus nobody will be sneaking up on us.

Bring it on.

But in all honesty, I suspect the system will simply crumble just like the Soviet Union. Central command will cease, regional hierarchies will develop, and life will slowly return to a semblance of normalcy.

Might take a decade or so, but I think that is the way things will pan out.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Grunt wrote:I am 5+ miles from the city limits, 6+ months of storable food, lots of ammo, a mountain stream across the street, and the house sits in a highly defensible position thus nobody will be sneaking up on us.

Bring it on.

But in all honesty, I suspect the system will simply crumble just like the Soviet Union. Central command will cease, regional hierarchies will develop, and life will slowly return to a semblance of normalcy.

dam Rambo! I wish I was in your position. But I'm in commiefornia right now, nobody has a "house with a defensible position" here and even if I had gone through the arduous process of getting a nice rifle like a m4 or ak47, it would be limited to semi-automatic and a 10 round clip :lol: I shall repel the foreign troops, fema camps and roaming gangs with my trusty Louisville slugger!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Grunt wrote:I am 5+ miles from the city limits, 6+ months of storable food, lots of ammo, a mountain stream across the street, and the house sits in a highly defensible position thus nobody will be sneaking up on us.

Bring it on.

As I said, I have seen the future America and its Russia. All you need to do is read anything by Mark Ames who spend over a decade in Russia and see first hand what Milton Freeman economics does to a country when there's no opposition. Russians wanted to break away from Communism so badly and were so uneducated about Western Economies that they couldn't have possibly known what was about to happen to them.

Of course there's still a sect of people in Russia that vilify Americans and its not based on what's happen to their economy either.

Anyway good luck with being just outside the city and all that. I've always said about the United States Government that if they want you, they'll find you. I guess you haven't heard of Drones Strikes... They don't even need actual military forces to come to your house, they'll just fly a drone into your area and lob 1,000lbs bomb onto your house, you are not going to survive that...

And they'll just call you "An Enemy Combatant" or "Domestic Terrorist"
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Anybody else have this feeling...

Post by Jackal »

boycottamericanwomen wrote:that the shit is about to hit the fan in America and that the whole society is going to collapse into chaos?

I think it's just around the corner. Anyway, let's discuss collapse/doomsday scenarios and get each other's opinions on this.
Hehe, well I strongly had that feeling in 2008. My other feeling was that I had totally the wrong personality to succeed in America, so that I had to escape if I didn't want to live a life of poverty and unhappiness.

But I don't see America turning into chaos overnight. Rather I think it will be a slow, but very steady decline overall. Although some unanticipated natural disasters or terrorist attacks could plunge particular cities or areas of America into chaos quickly.

I don't see the scenarios as being particularly complicated. The US government is already too powerful and its ordinary citizens have few actual rights, despite what may be written on old documents. When a big disaster happens, the government will just become even more powerful and take away even more rights from its citizens. I just see the current trends intensifying. Conformity is already almost a life-and-death matter in America, and it will be even more so in the future.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

djfourmoney wrote:

Bring it on.

As I said, I have seen the future America and its Russia. All you need to do is read anything by Mark Ames who spend over a decade in Russia and see first hand what Milton Freeman economics does to a country when there's no opposition. Russians wanted to break away from Communism so badly and were so uneducated about Western Economies that they couldn't have possibly known what was about to happen to them.

Of course there's still a sect of people in Russia that vilify Americans and its not based on what's happen to their economy either.

Anyway good luck with being just outside the city and all that. I've always said about the United States Government that if they want you, they'll find you. I guess you haven't heard of Drones Strikes... They don't even need actual military forces to come to your house, they'll just fly a drone into your area and lob 1,000lbs bomb onto your house, you are not going to survive that...

And they'll just call you "An Enemy Combatant" or "Domestic Terrorist"
Nazis tried that philosophy. Others have too. Didn't pan out so well. Good points though.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Post by boycottamericanwomen »

The_Adventurer wrote:Don't make the mistake of assuming that the collapse of America is going to devastate modern society worldwide. Not all countries are dependent on America and its economy for survival and prosperity. Some countries are prepared for the inevitable. Other countries will actually be better off.
well, it depends on what type of collapse it is. If it is a total apocalyptic type of collapse, then you can be sure that the modern society all over the whole world will be affected. And America will definitely be the worst hit of all.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

sushiman wrote:Yes my fav topic.

I posted finance related stuff on here before as that is what I do. I've been studying it seriously for 4yrs and it's not good. I called subprime and sold all my stocks and house and now I'm callig this one too. Been planning my escape for yrs and leaving this week, ain't coming back either!

The simple finance of it is: the negative cash-flow (what we need to pay) exceeds the positive cash flow (what the gov can make). People (our lendors) wise up, they pull the plug, you can't refinance the debt, so you print money, but it's check mate any way you play it. You could just default on China, or default on all your oldies, or hyperinflate and pay everyone in nothing currency. All options suck. :)

But societies rise and fall, that's how it goes. The look of a falling society is everywhere here, people have lost it. Some of us can see it, cause we are the smart ones, leave, survive, and spread your genes elsewhere! ;)

Get out *before* rush is always the game in my profession. Establish family and networks in your new country. There will be a jolt when it blows but countries with strong people and strong families/values will pull thru and come out better, nobody needs the USA anymore, it was a failed experiment...learn what not to do.

Rant over: back to final packing! :)
yes sir, I agree especially with the part about start a family in a new country. I have done this in India, gotten married to an indian girl and settled down here.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

E_Irizarry wrote:I hope that one day we would all get out like Mr. S just had said on this thread and that we all meet with each other celebrating perm-a-expatriating and no more perm-a-scowling nor perm-a-howling from feminists of hearing them roar and shit.

When and if we do meet, no fighting:

1) no well-informed versus LinuxOnly/odbo beef in person. (but I would still want them to come to the get-together).
2) no TheArab versus ssjparris beef in person. (but I would still want them to come to the get-together).
3) etc. beefs and brawls - ningunos!!
4) nobody jumps Winston in person. if it weren't for he, we wouldn't be here to learn and teach the next one!!!

It would be strictly toasting and a van-glorious orgies of FW's. I'm going to be butt-naked in front of you all; you guys can laugh at my Arsenio-Hall bubble-butt-looking silhouette if you wanna. And I'll be over there with bitches built like a 80s/90s DC-comic cartoon sex-object FW female LOL!
why don't some of you bros come over here to India? I'll make the arrangements for you, in whatever ways that you want. One of the good things about India is that it is one of the cheapest countries to live in, you can live here on 100 dollars, or 150 dollars a month (and nicely, too). If anyone wants anymore information about moving to India, please feel free to write to me and I'll try my best to answer your questions.
Last edited by boycottamericanwomen on June 20th, 2011, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

odbo wrote:

Bring it on.

dam Rambo! I wish I was in your position. But I'm in commiefornia right now, nobody has a "house with a defensible position" here and even if I had gone through the arduous process of getting a nice rifle like a m4 or ak47, it would be limited to semi-automatic and a 10 round clip :lol: I shall repel the foreign troops, fema camps and roaming gangs with my trusty Louisville slugger!
Haha, "Dear Rambo", great one!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

boycottamericanwomen wrote: why don't some of you bros come over here to India? I'll make the arrangements for you, in whatever ways that you want. One of the good things about India is that it is one of the cheapest countries to live in, you can live here on 100 dollars, or 150 dollars a month (and nicely, too). If anyone wants anymore information about moving to India, please feel free to write to me and I'll try my best to answer your questions.
How's the internet speed there? $150 per month would be difficult to pull off in even the smallest towns in China.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

why don't some of you bros come over here to India? I'll make the arrangements for you, in whatever ways that you want. One of the good things about India is that it is one of the cheapest countries to live in, you can live here on 100 dollars, or 150 dollars a month (and nicely, too). If anyone wants anymore information about moving to India, please feel free to write to me and I'll try my best to answer your questions.
What do you do about the visa situation?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

The_Adventurer wrote:
boycottamericanwomen wrote: why don't some of you bros come over here to India? I'll make the arrangements for you, in whatever ways that you want. One of the good things about India is that it is one of the cheapest countries to live in, you can live here on 100 dollars, or 150 dollars a month (and nicely, too). If anyone wants anymore information about moving to India, please feel free to write to me and I'll try my best to answer your questions.
How's the internet speed there? $150 per month would be difficult to pull off in even the smallest towns in China.
I use public cyber cafes, and the speed isn't bad, actually. But if you have your own laptop, you can get a wireless modem and if you want a fast speed, you would pay about 1,500 rupees per month for it (unlimited usage). 1,500 rupees translates into around 30 dollars or so.

If you use a public cyber cafe computer, it is usually about 20 rupees per hour, and that equates to about 50 cents.