Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Racism in the dating game in America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Racism in the dating game in America

Postby Sexter » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:36 am

I know this has been covered by winston in his blogs. Here's my 2 cents in this

I know for sure there is racism in the dating game in america. As in, YOUR RACE will matter when it comes to dating certain type of women (EG white women).

one clue is the racial disparity between
Asian Female and white male vs Asian male vs White female. The racial disparity from my own 2 eyes is probably a 6:1 ratio. For every 6 asian female/white male couple I see, I see about 1 asian male/white female.

Another clue is the racism i get when I approach beautiful white women at bars and clubs. I don't get a lot of racism, but I do get them. Racist jokes against asian male isn't as taboo as racist jokes against black men. Because of this reason, "small dick jokes" or "short jokes" are still not taboo yet.

Another clue is online dating sites like (okcupid.com or match.com) statistics. In those statistics, Asian males are the last in each woman's preference scale. While white women prefer to date their OWN race.

So what is the reason why there is racism in the dating game? Here is my possible theory.

Because of negative stereotypes against asian males (world war 2, vietnam war, kung fu movies, portrayal of asian nerds etc) this gives us an asexual stereotype.

To top it all off, we tend to be short and have a round face. Although confidence trumps looks, looks still play a major role. Take an average asian dude (5'5) and average white girl (5 foot 4) the height disparity makes a difference.

has anyone ever encountered this with their own race with american women or women in general?
Sexter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: San Diego







Re: Racism in the dating game in America

Postby zboy1 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 am

Sexter wrote:I know this has been covered by winston in his blogs. Here's my 2 cents in this

I know for sure there is racism in the dating game in america. As in, YOUR RACE will matter when it comes to dating certain type of women (EG white women).

one clue is the racial disparity between
Asian Female and white male vs Asian male vs White female. The racial disparity from my own 2 eyes is probably a 6:1 ratio. For every 6 asian female/white male couple I see, I see about 1 asian male/white female.

Another clue is the racism i get when I approach beautiful white women at bars and clubs. I don't get a lot of racism, but I do get them. Racist jokes against asian male isn't as taboo as racist jokes against black men. Because of this reason, "small dick jokes" or "short jokes" are still not taboo yet.

Another clue is online dating sites like (okcupid.com or match.com) statistics. In those statistics, Asian males are the last in each woman's preference scale. While white women prefer to date their OWN race.

So what is the reason why there is racism in the dating game? Here is my possible theory.

Because of negative stereotypes against asian males (world war 2, vietnam war, kung fu movies, portrayal of asian nerds etc) this gives us an asexual stereotype.

To top it all off, we tend to be short and have a round face. Although confidence trumps looks, looks still play a major role. Take an average asian dude (5'5) and average white girl (5 foot 4) the height disparity makes a difference.

has anyone ever encountered this with their own race with american women or women in general?




Man, I know how you feel. It ain't easy being an Asian man in America. I know African Americans complain bitterly about the racism in the country, but for Asian men--it's just as bad. And I'm 5'10 200 pounds, muscular, and considered good looking by most female friends I know.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby onezero4u » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 am

what you call racism...i call preference.

im a white dude and pretty far from racist...but i have a hell of a lot of preferences with race.

ill only date asian, latin or other exotic race...

i wont date white woman....

in your opinion...am i racist??
imo...im just chasing my bliss and choosing what excites me.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Postby Iawesome60 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:36 am

Don't worry about the racist women and/or women that have a preference. There are women of all races and nationalities that will date you and marry you. Stay strong brother!
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 am

Postby E_Irizarry » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:10 am

onezero4u wrote:what you call racism...i call preference.

im a white dude and pretty far from racist...but i have a hell of a lot of preferences with race.

ill only date asian, latin or other exotic race...

i wont date white woman....

in your opinion...am i racist??
imo...im just chasing my bliss and choosing what excites me.


Ladies N' Gents, presenting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The White version of Phoenix Sosa (in the sense that he doesn't date his own race of women)! LOL!
But seriously though, from what i heard based on this race study in the dating game, Black American women and Asian American men are the most compatible for each other. Let me get this right: Black American women have to have a big dick, and Asian American men hate dark, sassy, masculine fat-ass women. Something in the machine does not compute. This shit is like I'm in calc trying to solve for "i" or some shit.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby ladislav » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:24 am

E. Euro guys ( non native born) will be even worse off than Asian American guys. I have known Polish, Hungarian and other guys who could not get ANY woman in the US for years.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:14 am

I agree that racism is the inappropriate term here. There are racist women who do have covert sex with racial minorities for kicks, but they would never admit it.

Socialized inclination is what drives American womens' preferences in men.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 am

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:30 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I agree that racism is the inappropriate term here. There are racist women who do have covert sex with racial minorities for kicks, but they would never admit it.

Socialized inclination is what drives American womens' preferences in men.


Yep, in many cases by being a White Women and marrying a Black or Brown man is seen as a downgrade, while marrying an Asian man is seen as the woman isn't sexually adventurous or wants to be in control of the relationship but financially you'll be better off than marrying a man of color.

This is why the Swinging culture is dominated by Black Men being used for anything from simple sex to actually breeding of interracial children. The Cluck hold scene is dominated by Black Men serving a White Man's Wife by humiliating the White Man and parading Studly Black Men in front of him. Of course the husband gets off on it, usually men in powerful positions...

These are the dark areas of racial relations in America. Disgraceful but it is, what it is. These people are likely less racist than White Women that f**k Black Men knowing if she told daddy he be incensed.

As to your question, my friend in high school who started me DJ'ing had a fairly hard time dating in high school. But what do I know, he's married now and I'm not and his wife is White. Also another Asian friend is married a White Women. By far that is the most common match for Asian Men outside of dating their own women. Asian Men/Women are generally accepted into All White families.

At least this is my experience.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby FreeYourMind » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:01 am

I agree with onezero4u that the right term for it is preference. A law that presumes to tell people who they can or can't date or marry (such as the U.S. had in a number of states as late as 1967 before it was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court), is racist. If I prefer to date White and Asian women but not Latinas or Black women, that's just my preference, it doesn't mean I dislike or "hate" Latinos and Blacks.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:15 am

Postby Banano » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:28 am

Dude thats racial preference, you cant force anyone to like you. Everyone has right to to chose what to like and dislike, im sick of ppl that think you are being racist if you dont like certain race, if you dont like black women dosnt mean you d put em in gas chamber but thats how it gets interpreted..how we got this dumb?
Im white but when it comes to women i like em all, nothin beats variety
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Postby E_Irizarry » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:32 pm

mupuku wrote:Dude thats racial preference, you cant force anyone to like you. Everyone has right to to chose what to like and dislike, im sick of ppl that think you are being racist if you dont like certain race, if you dont like black women dosnt mean you d put em in gas chamber but thats how it gets interpreted..how we got this dumb?
Im white but when it comes to women i like em all, nothin beats variety


Agreed. =)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby skateboardstephen » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 pm

mupuku wrote:Dude thats racial preference, you cant force anyone to like you. Everyone has right to to chose what to like and dislike, im sick of ppl that think you are being racist if you dont like certain race, if you dont like black women dosnt mean you d put em in gas chamber but thats how it gets interpreted..how we got this dumb?
Im white but when it comes to women i like em all, nothin beats variety


im sick of this playing dumb bull shit you know what the guy is talking about its not racism when an individual has a preference but think it is when you start to see major trends with this .lets admit it white men are every womens first choice in american and you say that as nothing to do with the racism in this country.if a white man ain't trying to step to a women she will go on down the lader to her next option.when an american women regardless of race has a promising future the white man will be chosen but when she as kids over weight no education these same women think they can get a black man with all his ducks in a row and the asian man is almost not even thought of. its because of the racist media and how white men are seen as the cream of the crop its to empower whites and oppress people of color and create divides.if every women could have a prince henry or what ever his name is looking white guy or tom cruise they would.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I agree that racism is the inappropriate term here. There are racist women who do have covert sex with racial minorities for kicks, but they would never admit it.

Socialized inclination is what drives American womens' preferences in men.


Yep, in many cases by being a White Women and marrying a Black or Brown man is seen as a downgrade, while marrying an Asian man is seen as the woman isn't sexually adventurous or wants to be in control of the relationship but financially you'll be better off than marrying a man of color.

This is why the Swinging culture is dominated by Black Men being used for anything from simple sex to actually breeding of interracial children. The Cluck hold scene is dominated by Black Men serving a White Man's Wife by humiliating the White Man and parading Studly Black Men in front of him. Of course the husband gets off on it, usually men in powerful positions...

These are the dark areas of racial relations in America. Disgraceful but it is, what it is. These people are likely less racist than White Women that f**k Black Men knowing if she told daddy he be incensed.

As to your question, my friend in high school who started me DJ'ing had a fairly hard time dating in high school. But what do I know, he's married now and I'm not and his wife is White. Also another Asian friend is married a White Women. By far that is the most common match for Asian Men outside of dating their own women. Asian Men/Women are generally accepted into All White families.

At least this is my experience.


+1
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby E_Irizarry » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:46 am

skateboardstephen wrote:
mupuku wrote:Dude thats racial preference, you cant force anyone to like you. Everyone has right to to chose what to like and dislike, im sick of ppl that think you are being racist if you dont like certain race, if you dont like black women dosnt mean you d put em in gas chamber but thats how it gets interpreted..how we got this dumb?
Im white but when it comes to women i like em all, nothin beats variety


im sick of this playing dumb bull shit you know what the guy is talking about its not racism when an individual has a preference but think it is when you start to see major trends with this .lets admit it white men are every womens first choice in american and you say that as nothing to do with the racism in this country.if a white man ain't trying to step to a women she will go on down the lader to her next option.when an american women regardless of race has a promising future the white man will be chosen but when she as kids over weight no education these same women think they can get a black man with all his ducks in a row and the asian man is almost not even thought of. its because of the racist media and how white men are seen as the cream of the crop its to empower whites and oppress people of color and create divides.if every women could have a prince henry or what ever his name is looking white guy or tom cruise they would.


Que posto excelente, mermão!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby Sexter » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:34 am

mupuku wrote:Dude thats racial preference, you cant force anyone to like you. Everyone has right to to chose what to like and dislike, im sick of ppl that think you are being racist if you dont like certain race, if you dont like black women dosnt mean you d put em in gas chamber but thats how it gets interpreted..how we got this dumb?
Im white but when it comes to women i like em all, nothin beats variety


yes you do have a point about racial preferences, can't deny that.

But lets look deeper. Why do people have racial preferences? Maybe it's due to factors that influence their preferences.

Factors such as

1. Negative stereotypes(EG. asian guys as math dorks or Kung fu masters, or BETA, small dick jokes, etc)

2. height+round face (some women preffer to date guys taller tahn them, and because majority of asian guys are shorter than average, we typically aren't in their scale of "THEIR TYPE)

3. competition. take 2 guys who make the same amount of money and have confidence, 1 guy looks like brad pitt, other looks like william hung, i'm pretty confident that the guy who looks like brad pitt will have an easier chance of women selecting him.

again, you have to look at the big picture here, people DO have preferences but preferences are influenced by other aspects as well.
Sexter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: San Diego

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests