why is work or school the end all be all for everything.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

why is work or school the end all be all for everything.

Post by skateboardstephen »

i know this as been talked about but i think this deserves more light shed on the matter.it seems to me as if for a lot a people college is only hear to prop up peoples low ass self esteems ,why is it that you can find countless examples of people who never step into a class room who either made it rich or make a decent living,but still have mother f@3$&rs looking down on people as if they are a lower life form because they are in a university and you are not.i hate this shit because this stuff fuels racism and class bigotry.it like they hold them selves in this higher regard and try to use they're new found superiority to oppress you.my sister was one of those people who went to a 4 year school trying to act like some snobby stuck up preppy bitch that she wasn't now all she has to show for it is a car note for a car she can't afford,school loans out the ass.a shitty apartment she has to share with room mate and people still equate college to success get the f#$% outa here at the same time i know a dominican emigrant who is illiterate in spanish and english but owns his own business he did not attend a 4 year university and with out a doubt has more money than say a school teacher who sat in a class room for four years to sit in another one for life making only 30k.i was trying to use the social networking site to meet people call meetup.com horrible i went to language exchange meet ups but they were mostly americans who were beginners in the language and all they talk about is school work school work all damb day i think this women asked me what school i was going too like 4 million times.and god forbid you reply well i don't do either rite now they look at you like you have a horn growing outa you forehead like it is just the most horrible thing in the world to not be busy with school or work.i stopped going to those groups they don't even go to meet people they go to brag about what school they go to.and women all ways use school as a criteria for them selves to judge a man or get with a man then use the fact that they have a degree as some sort of superiority over you.i have yet to see foreign women act this way
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

People that are enslaved by the matrix.

I didn't go to a post HS school yet, and held few jobs. However, I can program code better than the over-acheiving college grads and I'm living without obligations like taxes and such like that.

People still look down on me however, because I don't have a "job" or go to college. And yet, my roommate who does this is depending UPON ME to help pay rent. HA!

I always wondered who was the real loser. :D
Heart of Shadows
Freshman Poster

Post by Heart of Shadows »

How it is in a society.
People always look for things to try to prove themselves superior as they have been doing for centuries and now school and employment is just another tally they have to show their are the best of what society wants.
A hound that does whatever the majority tells it to do.
"It is a sign of creeping inner death when we can no longer praise the living."
Eric Hoffer

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

C.J. wrote:People that are enslaved by the matrix.

I didn't go to a post HS school yet, and held few jobs. However, I can program code better than the over-acheiving college grads and I'm living without obligations like taxes and such like that.

People still look down on me however, because I don't have a "job" or go to college. And yet, my roommate who does this is depending UPON ME to help pay rent. HA!

I always wondered who was the real loser. :D
Which languages and/or technologies do you code in?
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

C.J. wrote:However, I can program code better than the over-acheiving college grads and I'm living without obligations like taxes and such like that.
CJ, you might want to look at it this way ... the undergrad degree is an HR (Human Resources) barrier of entry. Yes, for the most part, the general public knows that a college degree is essentially useless but they play the game where at white collar settings, people are expected to have college degrees even if their job is simply pushing pencil w/o any analysis. Unfortunately, what happens is that many temps, at these companies, spend 8-10 years doing a degree part-time, just so they can get a formal title of 'Research Analyst'.

Now, there are one or two exceptions here. For instance, a Petrochemical engineer may need some formal training in petroleum cracking, distillation trains, etc, and these topics (along with practical labs) are typically found in engineering schools under chemical or petroleum engineering depts. But you know what, that could also be learned in a two year trade (w/ engineering classes) program. There's no need for anyone to spend four years of tuition just to get that knowledge plus certificate. Unfortunately, the system today wants degrees to create a sense of an elite workforce.