I have finally decided!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

djfourmoney wrote:
Grunt wrote:First off, Kiev is God awful f***ing expensive. Right up there with New York. I shit you not.

Second, if you are black, your f***ed. Watch your back, the skinheads do not play games!

Third, get an ESL then look for a job teaching English at a high school or university. You can get an ESL cert online from what I understand. The students will teach you Russian for f***ing FREE! Paying to learn Russian is pure folly.

Fourth, if and when you get there remember the Golden Rule. Pics or it didn't happen.

And finally, without the Golden Rule its...

Cool story, Bro!
Sorry but Kiev is not that expensive if you know where to look (A) and (B) don't buy stuff from the West with local currency. Just out of curiosity, I was looking at some Denon CD Turntables at a music store in Kiev and they were almost twice as much in Kiev than they are in the US. Otherwise, food is affordable. Even better if you go food shopping with a local.

Did you really say Skinheads? There are Skinheads in the United States or did you forget that? What do you think is going on, they are hanging out at the airport waiting for Black People to come out of it??? I was not confronted one time by any males. In Russia this is a bit more of a problem and something the police are aware of. They mainly target Asians and Arabs. I have seen a few times of reports and VIDEO of Africans mainly young students getting chased and beaten. Okay but didn't just a couple of White kids just get into their truck after a party, beat up and run over a Black Man in the Southern US?

And your ass is worried about Skinheads you may never see????? Wow, just wow. Suggestion STAY HOME, US is going to implode anyway and a race war will start, you mark my words, White People in America don't like being poor and when they are, they sure as hell don't want to share that with People of Color.

Not everybody is cut out for ESL, you can try it but don't count on it.

What I would do, is muddle through a POS job in America and save. If you have a car, sell it. Get a student bus pass from Metro. I pay $36 a month for unlimited travel on buses, tram and subway. You can't even fill your tank and it last a week for $36 unless your driving a hybrid. Just between gas and insurance you'll save a few thousand easily if you don't spend it on something else.

Since SAVING is not taught regularly in America I know this concept is foreign to most people. But that's what I suggest, SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. Also I highly suggest you get a Kindle or Color Nook and purchase your school books from Amazon. Its much cheaper...

I understand what you are saying but with the way wages are these days, I might be stuck at this POS job for months if not years, saving up the money to go, and that is time that most likely I do NOT have...
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Grunt wrote:First off, Kiev is God awful f***ing expensive. Right up there with New York. I shit you not.

Second, if you are black, your f***ed. Watch your back, the skinheads do not play games!

Third, get an ESL then look for a job teaching English at a high school or university. You can get an ESL cert online from what I understand. The students will teach you Russian for f***ing FREE! Paying to learn Russian is pure folly.

Fourth, if and when you get there remember the Golden Rule. Pics or it didn't happen.

And finally, without the Golden Rule its...

Cool story, Bro!
Sorry but Kiev is not that expensive if you know where to look (A) and (B) don't buy stuff from the West with local currency. Just out of curiosity, I was looking at some Denon CD Turntables at a music store in Kiev and they were almost twice as much in Kiev than they are in the US. Otherwise, food is affordable. Even better if you go food shopping with a local.

Did you really say Skinheads? There are Skinheads in the United States or did you forget that? What do you think is going on, they are hanging out at the airport waiting for Black People to come out of it??? I was not confronted one time by any males. In Russia this is a bit more of a problem and something the police are aware of. They mainly target Asians and Arabs. I have seen a few times of reports and VIDEO of Africans mainly young students getting chased and beaten. Okay but didn't just a couple of White kids just get into their truck after a party, beat up and run over a Black Man in the Southern US?

And your ass is worried about Skinheads you may never see????? Wow, just wow. Suggestion STAY HOME, US is going to implode anyway and a race war will start, you mark my words, White People in America don't like being poor and when they are, they sure as hell don't want to share that with People of Color.

Not everybody is cut out for ESL, you can try it but don't count on it.

What I would do, is muddle through a POS job in America and save. If you have a car, sell it. Get a student bus pass from Metro. I pay $36 a month for unlimited travel on buses, tram and subway. You can't even fill your tank and it last a week for $36 unless your driving a hybrid. Just between gas and insurance you'll save a few thousand easily if you don't spend it on something else.

Since SAVING is not taught regularly in America I know this concept is foreign to most people. But that's what I suggest, SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. Also I highly suggest you get a Kindle or Color Nook and purchase your school books from Amazon. Its much cheaper...

I understand what you are saying but with the way wages are these days, I might be stuck at this POS job for months if not years, saving up the money to go, and that is time that most likely I do NOT have...
Well, I don't quite agree. Having had POS jobs since 1988, I know if your draconian with your savings, you can save an impressive amount of money. Its all about what's coming in compared to what's going out. If you can pair your activities down to nothing, then you can save a few thousand easy.

At $1200 a month, I made at Pep Boys. If you eliminated my car payment and insurance which was $434, plus fuel ($100-$140) and other BS, you could save at least $600-700 a month. I would aim for half ($600), if you saved that much in a year that's $7200.

If you're not dating and you don't have an Xbox Live Gold account or something you can save that kind of money.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Also your not looking hard enough. I have found several ways for students travel or exchange for little money. During the summer many places in Europe are looking for students to work villas and places like that. Its a job and you get food and board. Its not bad at all.

You also can do internships overseas.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

"Sorry but Kiev is not that expensive if you know where to look (A) and (B) don't buy stuff from the West with local currency." -- djfourmoney

Cool story, bro.

"Just out of curiosity, I was looking at some Denon CD Turntables at a music store in Kiev and they were almost twice as much in Kiev than they are in the US." -- djfourmoney

Pics or it didn't happen.

"Did you really say Skinheads? There are Skinheads in the United States or did you forget that? What do you think is going on, they are hanging out at the airport waiting for Black People to come out of it???" -- djfourmoney

http://www.whatson-kiev.com/index.php?g ... ew&id=3741 (story from people that have actually, you know, live in Kiev)

Black Diplomat Attacked in Ukraine (Kiev) http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... -Skinheads

http://www.welt.de/english-news/article ... reams.html
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Didn't someone say university in ukraine is ~$3000 a year? Drop out where you're going now and try to go to university THERE (eastern europe, or even western europe).
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

djfourmoney wrote:Did you really say Skinheads? There are Skinheads in the United States or did you forget that? What do you think is going on, they are hanging out at the airport waiting for Black People to come out of it???
I think the primary difference here is that many of us know the rules of engagement in the US. When skinheads or thugs attack, there are generally few witnesses around and probably a Police precinct more than half a mile away. This is why for the past few decades, African-American men and white women seldom held hands in numerous parts of Maine. And in the city, everyone knows their turf which is why African-Americans didn't start moving into South Boston until only a dozen or so years ago. Yes, this is only 1/2 to 1 mile from the South End, the poshest south-side neighborhood next to downtown.