Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


I just joined Cherry Blossoms...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

I just joined Cherry Blossoms...

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:54 pm

and I want to know, how long will it take to find someone?? I am only asking because there have been people from this site on there who manage to find someone within 3 months. I just hope that I will get someone on that site within a REASONABLY short time.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)







3 months?

Postby ErikHeaven » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:18 pm

How about one day. That is where i found my fiance. You will get bombarded by filipinas and russian women and south american women. It is crazy on that site. Happy getting stalked.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: 3 months?

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:25 pm

ErikHeaven wrote:How about one day. That is where i found my fiance. You will get bombarded by filipinas and russian women and south american women. It is crazy on that site. Happy getting stalked.



Well, I only got one message from this Russian woman since I signed up today, and that is only because I wrote her first. :( Anyway, I hope it works as well for me as it did for you; Otherwise, I will have just wasted $50 for nothing... :(
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Re: 3 months?

Postby davewe » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:51 pm

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
ErikHeaven wrote:How about one day. That is where i found my fiance. You will get bombarded by filipinas and russian women and south american women. It is crazy on that site. Happy getting stalked.



Well, I only got one message from this Russian woman since I signed up today, and that is only because I wrote her first. :( Anyway, I hope it works as well for me as it did for you; Otherwise, I will have just wasted $50 for nothing... :(


If I reported the response I have gotten since joining cb 2 weeks ago, you would say I was lying or that all the women were scammers (there are a few). After the contacts began I emailed a couple friends here and on another board, who convinced me that the responses are real and consistent with other guys. Its like being a hot woman on an American dating site.

It's been fun and has convinced me that I should at least visit if not retire to the Philippines. I intend to visit within the next 6 months if not sooner.
Last edited by davewe on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Winston » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Well did you use a good looking picture of you?

Usually you get responses immediately. However, most of the girls there aren't very attractive, so you will have to weed through a lot to find cute ones.

Did you use my affiliate link so I can get credit? :)

Here is an ecstatic report from someone who joined Cherry Blossoms.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8794
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby davewe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:08 am

Winston wrote:Well did you use a good looking picture of you?

Usually you get responses immediately. However, most of the girls there aren't very attractive, so you will have to weed through a lot to find cute ones.

Did you use my affiliate link so I can get credit? :)

Here is an ecstatic report from someone who joined Cherry Blossoms.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8794


Winston - not sure I agree with the "most girls aren't very attractive" comment. Of course, maybe when you live there, the girls are even better, but the women I am chatting with are between very pretty to stunning.

The biggest problem (or plus, depending on how you look at it) is that so many of the women want to get married yesterday, either because they want to come to the West, or believe that they are getting long in the tooth for marriage. To have a 25-year old tell you that "I am getting old and should be married" is strange compared to the US.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby davewe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:50 pm

I have been on Cherry Blossoms over 3 weeks now, and a grand obsession it is. I felt after this amount of time and the scores of hours I have put on the site and chatting with the girls I would comment about my experience.

By the numbers: The girls do not pay to be a member, so the numbers are staggering. While I have been contacted by girls from many countries, the vast majority (95%) come from the Philippines. At first I was getting contacted by 100 girls/day. I am guessing it is down to about half of that now. Thats's right, I have been contacted by about 800 girls since I joined. It is impossible to keep up with and pretty soon I found myself deleting most emails, just as girls on American web sites do to yours. Of the girls that I initiated contact with, I would say that half were happy to accept my interest and wanted to chat. BTW, I have initiated chat sessions with at least 50 girls so far. I have been a busy boy.

Looks: At least half the girls who contact me are at least cute, some beautiful and others incredible. Of course this is all subjective; I like Filipina looks. And naturally the girls I initiate contact with are the best of the best. You will find no shortage of great looking girls here. Because of the vast amount of competition, even the best looking girls have sweet attitudes. They all know that there is a great looking girl right around the corner, if she does not please you. In fact, I seem to find that the better looking the girl, the sweeter her attitude, which is in inverse proportion to my experience in the US.

Video cams: I would guess that half of the girls I have asked have cams, either their own or in an Internet Cafe. So far not a single girl was not whom her pictures presenter her as. Of course the pics present a perfect view, but I have had no experiences where a knockout in pic was a dog on video.

Scammers: In my experience so far, I have seen about 10% of the girls I have chatted with who were immediate scam artists who asked for money on the 1st or 2nd chat. These requests have been: girl needs money for food, her internet access is about to be disconnected, and 2 girls who wanted money to buy a cam, so they could do a show for me. All these girls were immediately dropped and reported to CB.

OTOH, some girls will tell you of their financial problems, but not ask you for money. I encourage them, but do not offer assistance.

What they want: The chats mostly seem to follow a typical routine. They tell you what they are looking for in a partner and you do the same. Most of these girls are looking for marriage and are completely open about that fact. Its certainly different than in the U.S. The word most of them use is "serious". They are looking for a serious guy. Now this does not mean that you can't be a bit of a player but you had better present yourself as being serious.

Attitude: These girls are generally quite sweet and somewhat demure and deferential to men. I love that quality. They are shocked at how different and bitchy US women are. Chatting with a girl who is both beautiful and sweet and thanks me for the opportunity to chat is quite a compelling experience, one that will never happen in the US.

Desperation: Some of the girls come across as quite desperate. It is strange to see a beautiful woman act desperately and try to propose marriage in the 1st or 2nd chat, but it has happened to me. And not just with poor country girls. I have had two professional nurses planning a move to my city within the first chat or two. The source of the desperation is in my opinion varied: desire for a better life, the believe that a Western guy will treat her better than Filipinos, or just a general desperation to get married. By their mid twenties many of these girls think that time for marriage and family is short. Their biological clock ticks faster than a Western girl's.

Jealousy: I have not had a lot of jealous girls in my life but you will find them on cb. Girls will subtly or not so subtly ask how many chatmates you have and I had one instance where a girl I had chatted with a lot (and liked) got furious with me and broke off contact, because she knew I was chatting with others. Hint: If you are using ym, you can set the preferences so your cam is not visible to everyone.

Crazy: These girls are young and some are emotional. I had one girl go completely postal on me for an innocent comment I made, cut off contact and later begged for forgiveness. After I said OK, she went right back to "planning the wedding." And she was a professional woman.

Communication differences: Part of this is the nature of text chat and part the different cultures, but I have several instances where girls did not understand my humor and this created a lot of tension. Of course, since my humor is very important to me, these girls generally get left behind. But you should be careful. Offhand remarks that are obvious in American culture will not be obvious here.

Will you have anything to talk to these girls about? With some the answer is no - they just look good. But I have found many to be compelling with nice character and sweet disposition. Those are the ones I have focussed on. They want to hear about you and know what your life is like and it seems easy to get them to like you.

Sex and sexual communication: Many of the girls have listed on their profiles their dislike of sex talk and they warn you not to do it. They all tell me horror stories of guys who immediately want to talk dirty or have cam sessions. However that fear seems to last a chat session or two and then melts like ice-cream on a hot day. Once they trust you a bit after those first couple of chat sessions, they seem happy to tell you what they like in bed and what they want to do to you, and are equally happy to know what you wish to do to them and how often. Many seem a bit sexually frustrated. A 21 year old who lives at home and says she's only had one bf, is quite hot to talk about the sex she wishes to have with her future husband (and she hopes that's you). I believe myself to be a respectful person but I have already had several chat sessions comparable to phone sex, had a girl send me nude pics of her (very nice) and flashed me over her cam. I have found myself unconsciously playing with ways to get them to chat about sex and it's usually easy, particularly if I use humor to get us there.

OTOH, it is a conservative culture and I have chatted with 2 girls who said they were virgins and would not have sex before marriage. But even these girls were happy to talk about sex and what they hoped they would sexually have once they were married. I had one other girl apologize to me because she was no longer a virgin, and I patiently had to explain that I preferred it that way.

Age Difference: I was surprised at the number of very young women who contacted me, as young as 18. I have initiated chat sessions with girls as young as 20. It is my strong impression that a 20 or 25 year old Filipina is far more mature than her US counterpart. These girls understand life, hardship and struggle, and they value men. Frankly, of all the girls I have chatted with, a 20 year old was probably the most mature and together girl I have met on cb.

Now, my assumption at first was that there was something wrong with the picture of young girls interested in a 50+ like me, though I know that many middle aged men, including some on this forum have gfs or wives in their 20s.

BTW, like most dating sites, CB lets the user list her age preference. Most of the girls list "any age", though some list 40-60 or even 40-70. Nonetheless I was curious and maybe still suspicious and so at first asked the women questions about the age difference issue. I would bring the age difference up humorously to see her views.

Most gave out the standard cliches like "Age is just a number". I will say that many of the girls wanted to see my face on cam as much as I wanted to see theirs, and I assume they wanted to make sure I don't look like the Crypt Keeper. One girl even humorously asked if I was "still sexually active." I responded, "Do you mean can I still do it?" and that was what she actually wanted to make sure of. Surprisingly such questions usually lead to sexual conversations, what I want and how often I want it. The girls are happy to know my answers, though some tease that since they are young they probably have more energy than I do.

I also asked many girls whether they wanted to live abroad or at home with their bfs or husbands. About half said they wanted to live abroad and the others said they did not care, wherever the husband wanted to live. One or two said they preferred to stay in the Philippines.

My conclusions regarding the age difference are the following. The girls are not generally scammers or gold diggers. Sure, they want a better life in the West and believe that a middle aged man will be more capable of providing that than a young guy. They also seem to believe that a Western guy will be more faithful than a Filipino. Most express dislike for the local men, who cheat on them. They observe Filipinas with Western bfs and believe those relationships to be attractive for more reasons than just financial. As they all say to me, they are serious and want a serious guy, which translates to an older guy, ready to marry.

BTW, more than a few girls expressed strong preference for white guys and a desire to have white babies, for whatever that's worth.

I have no doubt that a guy with my age and means can live in the Philippines and get a young, pretty gf or wife, and that may be eventually on the horizon for me. He can also certainly find a young girl to bring home to marry, though that has its own plusses and minus.
Last edited by davewe on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby pete98146 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Beautiful post Dave! Couldn't have said it better myself!
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby Rock » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:52 pm

davewe wrote:I have been on Cherry Blossoms over 3 weeks now, and a grand obsession it is. I felt after this amount of time and the scores of hours I have put on the site and chatting with the girls I would comment about my experience.

By the numbers: The girls do not pay to be a member, so the numbers are staggering. While I have been contacted by girls from many countries, the vast majority (95%) come from the Philippines. At first I was getting contacted by 100 girls/day. I am guessing it is down to about half of that now. Thats's right, I have been contacted by about 800 girls since I joined. It is impossible to keep up with and pretty soon I found myself deleting most emails, just as girls on American web sites do to yours. Of the girls that I initiated contact with, I would say that half were happy to accept my interest and wanted to chat. BTW, I have initiated chat sessions with at least 50 girls so far. I have been a busy boy.

Looks: At least half the girls who contact me are at least cute, some beautiful and others incredible. Of course this is all subjective; I like Filipina looks. And naturally the girls I initiate contact with are the best of the best. You will find no shortage of great looking girls here. Because of the vast amount of competition, even the best looking girls have sweet attitudes. They all know that there is a great looking girl right around the corner, if she does not please you. In fact, I seem to find that the better looking the girl, the sweeter her attitude, which is in inverse proportion to my experience in the US.

Video cams: I would guess that half of the girls I have asked have cams, either their own or in an Internet Cafe. So far not a single girl was not whom her pictures presenter her as. Of course the pics present a perfect view, but I have had no experiences where a knockout in pic was a dog on video.

Scammers: In my experience so far, I have seen about 10% of the girls I have chatted with who were immediate scam artists who asked for money on the 1st or 2nd chat. These requests have been: girl needs money for food, her internet access is about to be disconnected, and 2 girls who wanted money to buy a cam, so they could do a show for me. All these girls were immediately dropped and reported to CB.

OTOH, some girls will tell you of their financial problems, but not ask you for money. I encourage them, but do not offer assistance.

What they want: The chats mostly seem to follow a typical routine. They tell you what they are looking for in a partner and you do the same. Most of these girls are looking for marriage and are completely open about that fact. Its certainly different than in the U.S. The word most of them use is "serious". They are looking for a serious guy. Now this does not mean that you can't be a bit of a player but you had better present yourself as being serious.

Attitude: These girls are generally quite sweet and somewhat demure and deferential to men. I love that quality. They are shocked at how different and bitchy US women are. Chatting with a girl who is both beautiful and sweet and thanks me for the opportunity to chat is quite a compelling experience, one that will never happen in the US.

Desperation: Some of the girls come across as quite desperate. It is strange to see a beautiful woman act desperately and try to propose marriage in the 1st or 2nd chat, but it has happened to me. And not just with poor country girls. I have had two professional nurses planning a move to my city within the first chat or two. The source of the desperation is in my opinion varied: desire for a better life, the believe that a Western guy will treat her better than Filipinos, or just a general desperation to get married. By their mid twenties many of these girls think that time for marriage and family is short. Their biological clock ticks faster than a Western girl's.

Jealousy: I have not had a lot of jealous girls in my life but you will find them on cb. Girls will subtly or not so subtly ask how many chatmates you have and I had one instance where a girl I had chatted with a lot (and liked) got furious with me and broke off contact, because she knew I was chatting with others.

Crazy: These girls are young and some are emotional. I had one girl go completely postal on me for an innocent comment I made, cut off contact and later begged for forgiveness. After I said OK, she went right back to "planning the wedding." And she was a professional woman.

Communication differences: Part of this is the nature of text chat and part the different cultures, but I have several instances where girls did not understand my humor and this created a lot of tension. Of course, since my humor is very important to me, these girls generally get left behind. But you should be careful. Offhand remarks that are obvious in American culture will not be obvious here.

Will you have anything to talk to these girls about? With some the answer is no - they just look good. But I have found many to be compelling with nice character and sweet disposition. Those are the ones I have focussed on. They want to hear about you and know what your life is like and it seems easy to get them to like you.

Sex and sexual communication: Many of the girls have listed on their profiles their dislike of sex talk and they warn you not to do it. They all tell me horror stories of guys who immediately want to talk dirty or have cam sessions. However that fear seems to last a chat session or two and then melts like ice-cream on a hot day. Once they trust you a bit after those first couple of chat sessions, they seem happy to tell you what they like in bed and what they want to do to you, and are equally happy to know what you wish to do to them and how often. Many seem a bit sexually frustrated. A 21 year old who lives at home and says she's only had one bf, is quite hot to talk about the sex she wishes to have with her future husband (and she hopes that's you). I believe myself to be a respectful person but I have already had several chat sessions comparable to phone sex, had a girl send me nude pics of her (very nice) and flashed me over her cam. I have found myself unconsciously playing with ways to get them to chat about sex and it's usually easy, particularly if I use humor to get us there.

OTOH, it is a conservative culture and I have chatted with 2 girls who said they were virgins and would not have sex before marriage. But even these girls were happy to talk about sex and what they hoped they would sexually have once they were married. I had one other girl apologize to me because she was no longer a virgin, and I patiently had to explain that I preferred it that way.

Age Difference: I was surprised at the number of very young women who contacted me, as young as 18. I have initiated chat sessions with girls as young as 20. It is my strong impression that a 20 or 25 year old Filipina is far more mature than her US counterpart. These girls understand life, hardship and struggle, and they value men. Frankly, of all the girls I have chatted with, a 20 year old was probably the most mature and together girl I have met on cb.

Now, my assumption at first was that there was something wrong with the picture of young girls interested in a 50+ like me, though I know that many middle aged men, including some on this forum have gfs or wives in their 20s.

BTW, like most dating sites, CB lets the user list her age preference. Most of the girls list "any age", though some list 40-60 or even 40-70. Nonetheless I was curious and maybe still suspicious and so at first asked the women questions about the age difference issue. I would brings the age difference up humorously to see her views.

Most gave out the standard cliches like "Age is just a number". I will say that many of the girls wanted to see my face on cam as much as I wanted to see theirs, and I assume they wanted to make sure I don't look like the Crypt Keeper. One girl even humorously asked if I was "still sexually active." I responded, "Do you mean can I still do it?" and that was what she actually wanted to make sure of. Surprisingly such questions usually lead to sexual conversations, what I want and how often I want it. The girls are happy to know my answers, though some tease that since they are young they probably have more energy than I do.

I also asked many girls whether they wanted to live abroad or at home with their bfs or husbands. About half said they wanted to life abroad and the others said they did not care, wherever the husband wanted to live. One or two said they preferred to stay in the Philippines.

My conclusions regarding the age difference are the following. The girls are not generally scammers or gold diggers. Sure, they want a better life in the West and believe that a middle aged man will be more capable of providing that than a young guy. They also seem to believe that a Western guy will be more faithful than a Filipino. Most express dislike for the local men, who cheat on them. They observe Filipinas with Western bfs and believe those relationships to be attractive for more reasons than just financial. As they all say to me, they are serious and want a serious guy, which translates to an older guy, ready to marry.

I have no doubt that a guy with my age and means can live in the Philippines and get a young, pretty gf or wife, and that may be eventually on the horizon for me. He can also certainly find a young girl to bring home to marry, though that has its own plusses and minus.


Thanks for sharing your research. Perhaps you should continue down the PI learning curve. For more perspective from a LT expat's POV, read Larry Elterman's book. You might consider browsing certain sections on International Sex Guide regarding the girls there, especially as LT girlfriends/wives. But don't waste too much time reading. The real learning experience will be when you hit the ground and live it first hand. Cebu is probably one of the best cities for finding girls according to some on this forum. But if you have the time, travel around and sample. Don't miss some of the resorts like Boracay too. And you can even do a few days in Winston's favorite town, Angeles City, for some craziness. Good luck and keep the reports coming!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby magnum » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 pm

I signed up with the site, and I have to admit, I only had about 4 girls email me.


Now I don't regard my self as handsome, but I believe my self to be average to maybe one point above, and I'm thin and in above average shape, yet I got vary little attention.


but on the flip side, any american dating site I've gone to, I've almost literally had only maybe handful message from a few vary heavy and unattractive woman.


Depends on whats in your profile too I'm sure.


I have to say though, it's not as crazy as I had hoped with the attention the guys mentioned, though it could be that I'm not paying for the site so I didn't join the chat rooms.
magnum
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Postby davewe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Magnum - how old are you?

I have talked to 2 youngish guys who received little contact on CB. I am guessing (and just a guess) that this might be a situation where the opposite of the norm is possible. By that I mean these girls want marriage and if you are young they may not view you as a viable candidate. Most of the middle aged guys I have spoken to had similar responses to mine.

I only put up 3 pics, but two were of me traveling, which I hope conveys a certain image of what she should expect with me. I dont think the looks factor is as important on CB as it would be on a US dating site.

This is just my speculation, but I think it makes sense.

magnum wrote:I signed up with the site, and I have to admit, I only had about 4 girls email me.


Now I don't regard my self as handsome, but I believe my self to be average to maybe one point above, and I'm thin and in above average shape, yet I got vary little attention.


but on the flip side, any american dating site I've gone to, I've almost literally had only maybe handful message from a few vary heavy and unattractive woman.


Depends on whats in your profile too I'm sure.


I have to say though, it's not as crazy as I had hoped with the attention the guys mentioned, though it could be that I'm not paying for the site so I didn't join the chat rooms.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby magnum » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:32 pm

I'm 26, so I guess that could be a factor.....I mentioned I'm christian that could scare women away that might not share my beliefs though I guess?

Hell I mentioned I'm saving my self for marriage, would that be a negative? i couldn't think so, I thought it would stand out if anything as a positive .
magnum
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Postby davewe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:43 pm

magnum wrote:I'm 26, so I guess that could be a factor.....I mentioned I'm christian that could scare women away that might not share my beliefs though I guess?

Hell I mentioned I'm saving my self for marriage, would that be a negative? i couldn't think so, I thought it would stand out if anything as a positive .


The age is I am sure a factor but not the religion. Most of the girls are religious or at least "God fearing." I would think that would be attractive to them, but the fact that I am not Christian does not seem to stop anyone.

I dont know whether you should advertise that you are saving yourself, but emphasizing that you are a believer or church goer sounds like a good idea that would separate you from other younger Western guys.

And of course when you do a search look for the girls that do not say "any age" as their age preference. There certainly are girls that are exclusively looking for young guys, but they are in the minority.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby magnum » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 pm

I've mentioned both, but yeah....vary slow, that's kind of why I don't want to pay for it....why pay for a service when I'm going to just have a empty inbox AGAIN just like any other dating site.
magnum
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Postby curious_catholic_man » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 pm

I joined this site but I don't know how to block women by age. I am 22 and I am looking for a woman in the 18-24 age range. Im Also having a hard time hearing back from the european hispanic women (brazil/columbia) as I am not that attracted to Filipinas.
curious_catholic_man
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:45 am

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests