Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


I just joined Cherry Blossoms...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby davewe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:12 pm

curious_catholic_man wrote:I joined this site but I don't know how to block women by age. I am 22 and I am looking for a woman in the 18-24 age range. Im Also having a hard time hearing back from the european hispanic women (brazil/columbia) as I am not that attracted to Filipinas.


Advanced search allows you to specify age range. As to European, Cherry Blossoms is almost all Asian. You are better off on other sites for European or hispanic.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Interesting...

Postby lionchild » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:33 pm

I used to be on the site until i found better quality of girls on another site.

I was averaging quite a number of girls there, however, most of them, i mean %90 of them thought i was already Filipino either working abroad or just in background. It was cute... i usually did not answer the question directly and let the conversation go on for a while before revealing my actually background. In reality, the same thing happened on the site that i am on now, i get the response "are you Filipino?" "are you Asian" or they would speak to me in Tagalog right away thinking i knew it.

For me, Cherry Blossoms there is allot of quantity, but not enough quality... oddly, i have never been asked for money in any of my chats there, mind you i delete anyone off my inbox or requests that is younger than me lol... keep up the work!

-Lionchild
lionchild
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:42 am
Location: Enderby, BC, Canada

Re: Interesting...

Postby davewe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:14 pm

lionchild wrote:I used to be on the site until i found better quality of girls on another site.

I was averaging quite a number of girls there, however, most of them, i mean %90 of them thought i was already Filipino either working abroad or just in background. It was cute... i usually did not answer the question directly and let the conversation go on for a while before revealing my actually background. In reality, the same thing happened on the site that i am on now, i get the response "are you Filipino?" "are you Asian" or they would speak to me in Tagalog right away thinking i knew it.

For me, Cherry Blossoms there is allot of quantity, but not enough quality... oddly, i have never been asked for money in any of my chats there, mind you i delete anyone off my inbox or requests that is younger than me lol... keep up the work!

-Lionchild


Which other site - Filipino Cupid. I am on that one also.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby davewe » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Yes, I read larry's book and highly recommend it. And of course, seeing things first hand is what I really intend to do. But when I do, I will hopefully have a few friends to visit.

Rock wrote:
davewe wrote:I have been on Cherry Blossoms over 3 weeks now, and a grand obsession it is. I felt after this amount of time and the scores of hours I have put on the site and chatting with the girls I would comment about my experience.

By the numbers: The girls do not pay to be a member, so the numbers are staggering. While I have been contacted by girls from many countries, the vast majority (95%) come from the Philippines. At first I was getting contacted by 100 girls/day. I am guessing it is down to about half of that now. Thats's right, I have been contacted by about 800 girls since I joined. It is impossible to keep up with and pretty soon I found myself deleting most emails, just as girls on American web sites do to yours. Of the girls that I initiated contact with, I would say that half were happy to accept my interest and wanted to chat. BTW, I have initiated chat sessions with at least 50 girls so far. I have been a busy boy.

Looks: At least half the girls who contact me are at least cute, some beautiful and others incredible. Of course this is all subjective; I like Filipina looks. And naturally the girls I initiate contact with are the best of the best. You will find no shortage of great looking girls here. Because of the vast amount of competition, even the best looking girls have sweet attitudes. They all know that there is a great looking girl right around the corner, if she does not please you. In fact, I seem to find that the better looking the girl, the sweeter her attitude, which is in inverse proportion to my experience in the US.

Video cams: I would guess that half of the girls I have asked have cams, either their own or in an Internet Cafe. So far not a single girl was not whom her pictures presenter her as. Of course the pics present a perfect view, but I have had no experiences where a knockout in pic was a dog on video.

Scammers: In my experience so far, I have seen about 10% of the girls I have chatted with who were immediate scam artists who asked for money on the 1st or 2nd chat. These requests have been: girl needs money for food, her internet access is about to be disconnected, and 2 girls who wanted money to buy a cam, so they could do a show for me. All these girls were immediately dropped and reported to CB.

OTOH, some girls will tell you of their financial problems, but not ask you for money. I encourage them, but do not offer assistance.

What they want: The chats mostly seem to follow a typical routine. They tell you what they are looking for in a partner and you do the same. Most of these girls are looking for marriage and are completely open about that fact. Its certainly different than in the U.S. The word most of them use is "serious". They are looking for a serious guy. Now this does not mean that you can't be a bit of a player but you had better present yourself as being serious.

Attitude: These girls are generally quite sweet and somewhat demure and deferential to men. I love that quality. They are shocked at how different and bitchy US women are. Chatting with a girl who is both beautiful and sweet and thanks me for the opportunity to chat is quite a compelling experience, one that will never happen in the US.

Desperation: Some of the girls come across as quite desperate. It is strange to see a beautiful woman act desperately and try to propose marriage in the 1st or 2nd chat, but it has happened to me. And not just with poor country girls. I have had two professional nurses planning a move to my city within the first chat or two. The source of the desperation is in my opinion varied: desire for a better life, the believe that a Western guy will treat her better than Filipinos, or just a general desperation to get married. By their mid twenties many of these girls think that time for marriage and family is short. Their biological clock ticks faster than a Western girl's.

Jealousy: I have not had a lot of jealous girls in my life but you will find them on cb. Girls will subtly or not so subtly ask how many chatmates you have and I had one instance where a girl I had chatted with a lot (and liked) got furious with me and broke off contact, because she knew I was chatting with others.

Crazy: These girls are young and some are emotional. I had one girl go completely postal on me for an innocent comment I made, cut off contact and later begged for forgiveness. After I said OK, she went right back to "planning the wedding." And she was a professional woman.

Communication differences: Part of this is the nature of text chat and part the different cultures, but I have several instances where girls did not understand my humor and this created a lot of tension. Of course, since my humor is very important to me, these girls generally get left behind. But you should be careful. Offhand remarks that are obvious in American culture will not be obvious here.

Will you have anything to talk to these girls about? With some the answer is no - they just look good. But I have found many to be compelling with nice character and sweet disposition. Those are the ones I have focussed on. They want to hear about you and know what your life is like and it seems easy to get them to like you.

Sex and sexual communication: Many of the girls have listed on their profiles their dislike of sex talk and they warn you not to do it. They all tell me horror stories of guys who immediately want to talk dirty or have cam sessions. However that fear seems to last a chat session or two and then melts like ice-cream on a hot day. Once they trust you a bit after those first couple of chat sessions, they seem happy to tell you what they like in bed and what they want to do to you, and are equally happy to know what you wish to do to them and how often. Many seem a bit sexually frustrated. A 21 year old who lives at home and says she's only had one bf, is quite hot to talk about the sex she wishes to have with her future husband (and she hopes that's you). I believe myself to be a respectful person but I have already had several chat sessions comparable to phone sex, had a girl send me nude pics of her (very nice) and flashed me over her cam. I have found myself unconsciously playing with ways to get them to chat about sex and it's usually easy, particularly if I use humor to get us there.

OTOH, it is a conservative culture and I have chatted with 2 girls who said they were virgins and would not have sex before marriage. But even these girls were happy to talk about sex and what they hoped they would sexually have once they were married. I had one other girl apologize to me because she was no longer a virgin, and I patiently had to explain that I preferred it that way.

Age Difference: I was surprised at the number of very young women who contacted me, as young as 18. I have initiated chat sessions with girls as young as 20. It is my strong impression that a 20 or 25 year old Filipina is far more mature than her US counterpart. These girls understand life, hardship and struggle, and they value men. Frankly, of all the girls I have chatted with, a 20 year old was probably the most mature and together girl I have met on cb.

Now, my assumption at first was that there was something wrong with the picture of young girls interested in a 50+ like me, though I know that many middle aged men, including some on this forum have gfs or wives in their 20s.

BTW, like most dating sites, CB lets the user list her age preference. Most of the girls list "any age", though some list 40-60 or even 40-70. Nonetheless I was curious and maybe still suspicious and so at first asked the women questions about the age difference issue. I would brings the age difference up humorously to see her views.

Most gave out the standard cliches like "Age is just a number". I will say that many of the girls wanted to see my face on cam as much as I wanted to see theirs, and I assume they wanted to make sure I don't look like the Crypt Keeper. One girl even humorously asked if I was "still sexually active." I responded, "Do you mean can I still do it?" and that was what she actually wanted to make sure of. Surprisingly such questions usually lead to sexual conversations, what I want and how often I want it. The girls are happy to know my answers, though some tease that since they are young they probably have more energy than I do.

I also asked many girls whether they wanted to live abroad or at home with their bfs or husbands. About half said they wanted to life abroad and the others said they did not care, wherever the husband wanted to live. One or two said they preferred to stay in the Philippines.

My conclusions regarding the age difference are the following. The girls are not generally scammers or gold diggers. Sure, they want a better life in the West and believe that a middle aged man will be more capable of providing that than a young guy. They also seem to believe that a Western guy will be more faithful than a Filipino. Most express dislike for the local men, who cheat on them. They observe Filipinas with Western bfs and believe those relationships to be attractive for more reasons than just financial. As they all say to me, they are serious and want a serious guy, which translates to an older guy, ready to marry.

I have no doubt that a guy with my age and means can live in the Philippines and get a young, pretty gf or wife, and that may be eventually on the horizon for me. He can also certainly find a young girl to bring home to marry, though that has its own plusses and minus.


Thanks for sharing your research. Perhaps you should continue down the PI learning curve. For more perspective from a LT expat's POV, read Larry Elterman's book. You might consider browsing certain sections on International Sex Guide regarding the girls there, especially as LT girlfriends/wives. But don't waste too much time reading. The real learning experience will be when you hit the ground and live it first hand. Cebu is probably one of the best cities for finding girls according to some on this forum. But if you have the time, travel around and sample. Don't miss some of the resorts like Boracay too. And you can even do a few days in Winston's favorite town, Angeles City, for some craziness. Good luck and keep the reports coming!
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby davewe » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 pm

A quick update:

My original estimate of the percentage of scammers on Cb was 10-15%. I would now say that it is more like 20%. Perhaps I am choosing my chatmates poorly or perhaps I have gotten better at drawing people out so they feel they can hit me up more quickly.

At this point the majority of the alleged scammers are girls asking for webcams or for a contribution to purchasing a webcam. While many of the girls are obviously scammers, saying that "I wish I had a cam so I could show you my body naked," I think some may just be girls who having chatted with me 2-3 times genuinely want to show me what they look like and now feel comfortable to propose that I provide the funds for a cam. The 2 girls that I have encountered that seem to fall into that category I am still chatting with; the others I immediately dumped. However, in Larry Elterman's book he is strict about the girl having access to a cam and maybe he is correct. Having such a policy would have eliminated most of my scam requests.

davewe wrote:I have been on Cherry Blossoms over 3 weeks now, and a grand obsession it is. I felt after this amount of time and the scores of hours I have put on the site and chatting with the girls I would comment about my experience.

By the numbers: The girls do not pay to be a member, so the numbers are staggering. While I have been contacted by girls from many countries, the vast majority (95%) come from the Philippines. At first I was getting contacted by 100 girls/day. I am guessing it is down to about half of that now. Thats's right, I have been contacted by about 800 girls since I joined. It is impossible to keep up with and pretty soon I found myself deleting most emails, just as girls on American web sites do to yours. Of the girls that I initiated contact with, I would say that half were happy to accept my interest and wanted to chat. BTW, I have initiated chat sessions with at least 50 girls so far. I have been a busy boy.

Looks: At least half the girls who contact me are at least cute, some beautiful and others incredible. Of course this is all subjective; I like Filipina looks. And naturally the girls I initiate contact with are the best of the best. You will find no shortage of great looking girls here. Because of the vast amount of competition, even the best looking girls have sweet attitudes. They all know that there is a great looking girl right around the corner, if she does not please you. In fact, I seem to find that the better looking the girl, the sweeter her attitude, which is in inverse proportion to my experience in the US.

Video cams: I would guess that half of the girls I have asked have cams, either their own or in an Internet Cafe. So far not a single girl was not whom her pictures presenter her as. Of course the pics present a perfect view, but I have had no experiences where a knockout in pic was a dog on video.

Scammers: In my experience so far, I have seen about 10% of the girls I have chatted with who were immediate scam artists who asked for money on the 1st or 2nd chat. These requests have been: girl needs money for food, her internet access is about to be disconnected, and 2 girls who wanted money to buy a cam, so they could do a show for me. All these girls were immediately dropped and reported to CB.

OTOH, some girls will tell you of their financial problems, but not ask you for money. I encourage them, but do not offer assistance.

What they want: The chats mostly seem to follow a typical routine. They tell you what they are looking for in a partner and you do the same. Most of these girls are looking for marriage and are completely open about that fact. Its certainly different than in the U.S. The word most of them use is "serious". They are looking for a serious guy. Now this does not mean that you can't be a bit of a player but you had better present yourself as being serious.

Attitude: These girls are generally quite sweet and somewhat demure and deferential to men. I love that quality. They are shocked at how different and bitchy US women are. Chatting with a girl who is both beautiful and sweet and thanks me for the opportunity to chat is quite a compelling experience, one that will never happen in the US.

Desperation: Some of the girls come across as quite desperate. It is strange to see a beautiful woman act desperately and try to propose marriage in the 1st or 2nd chat, but it has happened to me. And not just with poor country girls. I have had two professional nurses planning a move to my city within the first chat or two. The source of the desperation is in my opinion varied: desire for a better life, the believe that a Western guy will treat her better than Filipinos, or just a general desperation to get married. By their mid twenties many of these girls think that time for marriage and family is short. Their biological clock ticks faster than a Western girl's.

Jealousy: I have not had a lot of jealous girls in my life but you will find them on cb. Girls will subtly or not so subtly ask how many chatmates you have and I had one instance where a girl I had chatted with a lot (and liked) got furious with me and broke off contact, because she knew I was chatting with others. Hint: If you are using ym, you can set the preferences so your cam is not visible to everyone.

Crazy: These girls are young and some are emotional. I had one girl go completely postal on me for an innocent comment I made, cut off contact and later begged for forgiveness. After I said OK, she went right back to "planning the wedding." And she was a professional woman.

Communication differences: Part of this is the nature of text chat and part the different cultures, but I have several instances where girls did not understand my humor and this created a lot of tension. Of course, since my humor is very important to me, these girls generally get left behind. But you should be careful. Offhand remarks that are obvious in American culture will not be obvious here.

Will you have anything to talk to these girls about? With some the answer is no - they just look good. But I have found many to be compelling with nice character and sweet disposition. Those are the ones I have focussed on. They want to hear about you and know what your life is like and it seems easy to get them to like you.

Sex and sexual communication: Many of the girls have listed on their profiles their dislike of sex talk and they warn you not to do it. They all tell me horror stories of guys who immediately want to talk dirty or have cam sessions. However that fear seems to last a chat session or two and then melts like ice-cream on a hot day. Once they trust you a bit after those first couple of chat sessions, they seem happy to tell you what they like in bed and what they want to do to you, and are equally happy to know what you wish to do to them and how often. Many seem a bit sexually frustrated. A 21 year old who lives at home and says she's only had one bf, is quite hot to talk about the sex she wishes to have with her future husband (and she hopes that's you). I believe myself to be a respectful person but I have already had several chat sessions comparable to phone sex, had a girl send me nude pics of her (very nice) and flashed me over her cam. I have found myself unconsciously playing with ways to get them to chat about sex and it's usually easy, particularly if I use humor to get us there.

OTOH, it is a conservative culture and I have chatted with 2 girls who said they were virgins and would not have sex before marriage. But even these girls were happy to talk about sex and what they hoped they would sexually have once they were married. I had one other girl apologize to me because she was no longer a virgin, and I patiently had to explain that I preferred it that way.

Age Difference: I was surprised at the number of very young women who contacted me, as young as 18. I have initiated chat sessions with girls as young as 20. It is my strong impression that a 20 or 25 year old Filipina is far more mature than her US counterpart. These girls understand life, hardship and struggle, and they value men. Frankly, of all the girls I have chatted with, a 20 year old was probably the most mature and together girl I have met on cb.

Now, my assumption at first was that there was something wrong with the picture of young girls interested in a 50+ like me, though I know that many middle aged men, including some on this forum have gfs or wives in their 20s.

BTW, like most dating sites, CB lets the user list her age preference. Most of the girls list "any age", though some list 40-60 or even 40-70. Nonetheless I was curious and maybe still suspicious and so at first asked the women questions about the age difference issue. I would bring the age difference up humorously to see her views.

Most gave out the standard cliches like "Age is just a number". I will say that many of the girls wanted to see my face on cam as much as I wanted to see theirs, and I assume they wanted to make sure I don't look like the Crypt Keeper. One girl even humorously asked if I was "still sexually active." I responded, "Do you mean can I still do it?" and that was what she actually wanted to make sure of. Surprisingly such questions usually lead to sexual conversations, what I want and how often I want it. The girls are happy to know my answers, though some tease that since they are young they probably have more energy than I do.

I also asked many girls whether they wanted to live abroad or at home with their bfs or husbands. About half said they wanted to live abroad and the others said they did not care, wherever the husband wanted to live. One or two said they preferred to stay in the Philippines.

My conclusions regarding the age difference are the following. The girls are not generally scammers or gold diggers. Sure, they want a better life in the West and believe that a middle aged man will be more capable of providing that than a young guy. They also seem to believe that a Western guy will be more faithful than a Filipino. Most express dislike for the local men, who cheat on them. They observe Filipinas with Western bfs and believe those relationships to be attractive for more reasons than just financial. As they all say to me, they are serious and want a serious guy, which translates to an older guy, ready to marry.

BTW, more than a few girls expressed strong preference for white guys and a desire to have white babies, for whatever that's worth.

I have no doubt that a guy with my age and means can live in the Philippines and get a young, pretty gf or wife, and that may be eventually on the horizon for me. He can also certainly find a young girl to bring home to marry, though that has its own plusses and minus.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby lavezzi » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:48 pm

davewe, what are your experiences of DateinAsia.com? I have found it to exceed any expectations I could have possibly had. I have on my profile that I'm 20 and unemployed yet I get messaged constantly by Filipinas just looking to chat. The scammers are so blatantly obvious about it that I really do believe it's for real.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Postby davewe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:52 am

lavezzi wrote:davewe, what are your experiences of DateinAsia.com? I have found it to exceed any expectations I could have possibly had. I have on my profile that I'm 20 and unemployed yet I get messaged constantly by Filipinas just looking to chat. The scammers are so blatantly obvious about it that I really do believe it's for real.


I'm not on that site but several people who are say that they had similar experiences to mine on Cherry Blossoms. I am also on Filipino Cupid, though not as a paying member. It too is similar, though I would guess I got about 1/2 the activity I got on CB.

By all means post your experiences on dateinasia. I'd want to read it.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Truthville » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:24 am

Thanks for the great info davewe!

lavezzi, it would be great if you could do similar type report on dateinasia.com

davewe? You recommended putting a picture up, right? I'm going to take one this weekend, and put it on CB, TC and FC. As of right now, I'm really not getting any interest on any of them.

Do either of you have any insight on writing profiles for these sites? Perhaps that is where Magnum and I are having problems? I admit to "thinking" I write a pretty good profile BUT perhaps I'm wrong or writing the wrong thing?

Thanks again!
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
Truthville
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 am

Postby lavezzi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:31 am

davewe wrote:By all means post your experiences on dateinasia. I'd want to read it.


Well it's completely free, meaning there are no gold memberships. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. I believe that if you possess good judgement of character you can suss out scammers easily. Even through text you can usually tell how sincere a person is, one or two recent members on this forum are a testament to this.

As we know, on dating sites Anglo women usually demand that you not send a "Hey how are you doing there?" type of initial message, but instead a detailed one relative to their profile (which they hardly ever respond to). Filipinas don't have this sense of entitlement so a simple initial message is fine to pick up the conversation. From there it will usually progress to Yahoo messenger and then perhaps video and voice chat.

I explain to them that I have no money but they insist they are not looking for a rich man but a man who will love them for who they are. They also always say that age has no meaning to them but what is only important is the maturity of a person's mind.

One thing I've learned in the time I've been interested in south-east Asians is that they are inheritably attracted to light skin. So if you're Caucasian, a good trick is to use whichever picture you have of yourself in which you look whitest. For example, here is the pic I use:

Image

Truthville wrote:Do either of you have any insight on writing profiles for these sites? Perhaps that is where Magnum and I are having problems? I admit to "thinking" I write a pretty good profile BUT perhaps I'm wrong or writing the wrong thing?!


I don't think it matters that much what you write on your profile. With Asian girls, I think they are just open to chatting with anyone and having anything further just progress naturally.

All I have written on my profile is this:

Looking for kind and humble Asian girl :)
I am from Dublin, Ireland and I am interested in traveling to Asia.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Postby Winston » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:07 am

davewe wrote:A quick update:

My original estimate of the percentage of scammers on Cb was 10-15%. I would now say that it is more like 20%. Perhaps I am choosing my chatmates poorly or perhaps I have gotten better at drawing people out so they feel they can hit me up more quickly.

At this point the majority of the alleged scammers are girls asking for webcams or for a contribution to purchasing a webcam. While many of the girls are obviously scammers, saying that "I wish I had a cam so I could show you my body naked," I think some may just be girls who having chatted with me 2-3 times genuinely want to show me what they look like and now feel comfortable to propose that I provide the funds for a cam. The 2 girls that I have encountered that seem to fall into that category I am still chatting with; the others I immediately dumped. However, in Larry Elterman's book he is strict about the girl having access to a cam and maybe he is correct. Having such a policy would have eliminated most of my scam requests.


If they say they wish they had a cam, then just tell them to go to an internet cafe and use one. They all have cams there now, so there is no excuse. See if she follows that advice. If she insists on buying one, then it's likely she's asking for money. Use that as a test.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby davewe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Winston wrote:
davewe wrote:A quick update:

My original estimate of the percentage of scammers on Cb was 10-15%. I would now say that it is more like 20%. Perhaps I am choosing my chatmates poorly or perhaps I have gotten better at drawing people out so they feel they can hit me up more quickly.

At this point the majority of the alleged scammers are girls asking for webcams or for a contribution to purchasing a webcam. While many of the girls are obviously scammers, saying that "I wish I had a cam so I could show you my body naked," I think some may just be girls who having chatted with me 2-3 times genuinely want to show me what they look like and now feel comfortable to propose that I provide the funds for a cam. The 2 girls that I have encountered that seem to fall into that category I am still chatting with; the others I immediately dumped. However, in Larry Elterman's book he is strict about the girl having access to a cam and maybe he is correct. Having such a policy would have eliminated most of my scam requests.


If they say they wish they had a cam, then just tell them to go to an internet cafe and use one. They all have cams there now, so there is no excuse. See if she follows that advice. If she insists on buying one, then it's likely she's asking for money. Use that as a test.


Yes, this is of course the first thing to suggest. If the girl comes back with something like "I live in a small town and there are no Internet cafes" or "my internet cafe does not have cams" well, it may be time to move on. Even if these were true it is unrealistic to be chatting with someone who has no access to a cam.

OTOH, in Larry's book he actually recommends occassionally taking a chance if you really like the girl and offering to send her a small amount stricly for Internet cafe fees. I have not done this yet. There are so many girls with cams or access to Cafes that it is probably unnecessary.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby davewe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Truthville wrote:Thanks for the great info davewe!

lavezzi, it would be great if you could do similar type report on dateinasia.com

davewe? You recommended putting a picture up, right? I'm going to take one this weekend, and put it on CB, TC and FC. As of right now, I'm really not getting any interest on any of them.

Do either of you have any insight on writing profiles for these sites? Perhaps that is where Magnum and I are having problems? I admit to "thinking" I write a pretty good profile BUT perhaps I'm wrong or writing the wrong thing?

Thanks again!


Yes, I think that a picture or 2 is essential. Now this does not mean that the pic has to make you look handsome but it's a red flag for anyone not to have a picture at all.

As to profiles: I am a professional writer and on American dating sites have written and re-written profiles with very little impact. On these Asian sites IMO you need not worry. They are not looking for brilliance or wit. If you are "foreign" and appear to be a "serious" prospect, they will be interested.

In short order you will start re-thinking how you approach this whole Internet dating thing. You no longer have to try to impress them; they are trying to impress you! And as men, isn't this what we want?

Target your favorites and go after them. Believe me some will be interested.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Winston » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:37 pm

davewe wrote:
Winston wrote:
davewe wrote:A quick update:

My original estimate of the percentage of scammers on Cb was 10-15%. I would now say that it is more like 20%. Perhaps I am choosing my chatmates poorly or perhaps I have gotten better at drawing people out so they feel they can hit me up more quickly.

At this point the majority of the alleged scammers are girls asking for webcams or for a contribution to purchasing a webcam. While many of the girls are obviously scammers, saying that "I wish I had a cam so I could show you my body naked," I think some may just be girls who having chatted with me 2-3 times genuinely want to show me what they look like and now feel comfortable to propose that I provide the funds for a cam. The 2 girls that I have encountered that seem to fall into that category I am still chatting with; the others I immediately dumped. However, in Larry Elterman's book he is strict about the girl having access to a cam and maybe he is correct. Having such a policy would have eliminated most of my scam requests.


If they say they wish they had a cam, then just tell them to go to an internet cafe and use one. They all have cams there now, so there is no excuse. See if she follows that advice. If she insists on buying one, then it's likely she's asking for money. Use that as a test.


Yes, this is of course the first thing to suggest. If the girl comes back with something like "I live in a small town and there are no Internet cafes" or "my internet cafe does not have cams" well, it may be time to move on. Even if these were true it is unrealistic to be chatting with someone who has no access to a cam.

OTOH, in Larry's book he actually recommends occassionally taking a chance if you really like the girl and offering to send her a small amount stricly for Internet cafe fees. I have not done this yet. There are so many girls with cams or access to Cafes that it is probably unnecessary.


I did that once. I sent a girl in Davao $25 for her internet fees when she complained that she couldn't afford it. But she spent it all on medicine instead, then asked me for more money, as if I suddenly became obligated to. I said that it wasn't my fault that she spent the money on medicine. And she got pissed and moody about that. She looked let down, even though she said it was ok. It was a pity, since I thought she looked and sounded so innocent.

But even when I first sent the $25, she acted like it wasn't enough and was too little. Internet fees there cost 20p per hour, so $25 should have been plenty. But now I see that she was only using the internet fees as an excuse, and that she was really wanting free easy money, and saw me as an obligated Santa Claus. It was very shameless and caused me to look down on these girls.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Saturn » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:53 am

I joined CB about 2 weeks ago and have not had very good luck. I get probably about 5 messages a day, but I can't seem to get any to 'stick'. I think these may be some of the problems;

1. I'm relatively young. 25.
2. My current job isn't prestigious or exciting enough
3. I've been divorced
4. I can't offer them the future they want (I want a housewife. Not going to lie about it or hide my intentions. If they don't like it; kick rocks.)
5. I'm very inquisitive and suspicious of THEIR intentions, and I make my concerned heard
6. I'm a little picky when it comes to looks. (I ignore probably half the emails I get) Sorry if that comes off as shallow, but I'm a dedicated guy and we only get one life to live.


It could be that I'm just not all that attractive? But I am an average looking white guy, and I think I'm a bit more attractive than most of the older guys on the site who are landing hotties.

Maybe this site just isn't for me.

EDIT:

Spoke too soon I guess. I just got like 4 girls that actually seem like what I'm looking for flooding my email.
Saturn
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:54 am

Postby davewe » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Saturn wrote:I joined CB about 2 weeks ago and have not had very good luck. I get probably about 5 messages a day, but I can't seem to get any to 'stick'. I think these may be some of the problems;

1. I'm relatively young. 25.
2. My current job isn't prestigious or exciting enough
3. I've been divorced
4. I can't offer them the future they want (I want a housewife. Not going to lie about it or hide my intentions. If they don't like it; kick rocks.)
5. I'm very inquisitive and suspicious of THEIR intentions, and I make my concerned heard
6. I'm a little picky when it comes to looks. (I ignore probably half the emails I get) Sorry if that comes off as shallow, but I'm a dedicated guy and we only get one life to live.


It could be that I'm just not all that attractive? But I am an average looking white guy, and I think I'm a bit more attractive than most of the older guys on the site who are landing hotties.

Maybe this site just isn't for me.

EDIT:

Spoke too soon I guess. I just got like 4 girls that actually seem like what I'm looking for flooding my email.


#1 might be an issue but not the others. Many of them are happy to be housewives, looks don't seem too important, you should be inquisitive and you should certainly be picky about their looks.

OTOH, as Pete says, don't just target the girls that contact you. You contact the ones you find most interesting and attractive.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests