Being a gamer, and the negative opinions assumed

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Oh yeah, if you love arcade games, get MAME. The best arcade emulator ever. I have about 1,000 arcade games. Oops, get MAME32UI. It is easier to use. The normal MAME has command prompt.

Emulators I have:

MAME (arcade)
NullDC (Dreamcast)
Project64 (N64)
ZNES (SNES)
JNES (NES)
ePSXe (PS1)
Kega Fusion (Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Game Gear)
SSF (Sega Saturn)
Heart of Shadows
Freshman Poster

Post by Heart of Shadows »

Anybody here ever heard of zbattle of cyperbad?

Zbattle is basically a server tool that lets you host rooms and play multiplayer on znses with other users and cyberpad is a plugin for expsxe which allows you to connect to a server and play multiplayer with other people. Lastly there is project64k which works like cyberpad but for project64 which is obviously for n64 emulators.

http://www.zbattle.net/

http://cyberpad.duttke.de/

http://pj64k.blogspot.com/
"It is a sign of creeping inner death when we can no longer praise the living."
Eric Hoffer

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Post by boycottamericanwomen »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:
boycottamericanwomen wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:
boycottamericanwomen wrote:I grew up on the Nintendo 8 bit, Sega Genesis/Sega CD era, so that's why I'm attached to those games.

I still remember going into this huge electronic store as a kid, and seeing a demo of Sonic CD (for the Sega CD) being shown on a huge big screen TV, and the excitement of it all, so I have a lot of fond memories of those days.

Anyone else here play emulators of older systems?
I have every emulator on my PC. Games I always wanted to play, but couldn't as a kid, I could play them. Games from Europe and Japan I wanted to play, I am now. System that I wanted so badly like the NeoGeo? I can play it now. Emulators are the bomb.

As for gamers being lazy and such...I have been playing video games since I was 5. I have had almost all of the popular systems (I have a Xbox 360 now) and no one on here or in real life would call me lazy or what not. Video games are a stress reliever. Probably the best stress reliever besides walking or writing. It has helped me when I needed to cool off.

Winston, I don't know what games you play, but the games I play take skill. You have to think. I have become smarter playing video games. In addition, I understood sports like hockey and football because of video games. I was never a big fan of football and I never understood the plays until I played Madden 96. Video games take skill and they do make you smarter. I don't know where you guys that speak negatively about this get your information from.
Hell yea, man. I am also planning on downloading every emulator and rom I can find.

Right now I am downloading a N64 emulator and some roms like Goldeneye and Mario Golf.

I plan to download a Sega Dreamcast emulator and download this Shenmue rom that I always heard was like the "next level in gaming". I heard this game took it to a whole new level, that you could literally do anything you wanted to. Also, Sonic Adventure looks cool, I never got a chance to play it.

What do you think of Playstation emulators and roms? I really want to download Final Fantasy 8 and 9, really badly. I already have Final Fantasy 7 for the PC. Also, do you know much about Playstation 2 emulators? I'd like to play the Final Fantasy games for the PS2. Final Fantasy 10 wasn't too much of a hit, but I'll play it anyway.

Final Fantasy is the KING OF GAMES, if you ask me. WHO AGREES?
You need a very high end desktop to play PS2 emulators. I have always had laptops except one desktop in high school. I tried to play PS2 emulators (PCSX2 is the best one) and it was super slow. ePSXe is the PS1 emulator I use and it is the best. I think Final Fantasy 7 is the best PS1 game ever besides Resident Evil.

If you want a DC emulator get nullDC. It works the best. Shenmue is still a masterpiece til this day. My friend had it and I was blown away. It is still better than most games out now. Dreamcast and Xbox 360 are the my favorite and I think they are the best systems ever made.
Thanks for this info. I doubt my PC will work with a PS2 emulator, but I'll just stick to the older systems like Playstation and the rest.

I just downloaded Final Fantasy 8 and finally got it to work. This is such a f***ing amazing game.

I'm using ePSXe, and had to tweak it a bit to get it to work properly, but it's finally working.

Thanks for the info about Shenmue, is it difficult to set up the Dreamcast emulator? A lot of the emulators for the newer systems are kind of buggy, but if you play around with it enough, can usually get it to work.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Heart of Shadows wrote:Anybody here ever heard of zbattle of cyperbad?

Zbattle is basically a server tool that lets you host rooms and play multiplayer on znses with other users and cyberpad is a plugin for expsxe which allows you to connect to a server and play multiplayer with other people. Lastly there is project64k which works like cyberpad but for project64 which is obviously for n64 emulators.

sounds pretty awesome, so you can play multiplayer online for different games? Can you please give an explicit example, like which games on which systems are the best for it?
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:
boycottamericanwomen wrote:I grew up on the Nintendo 8 bit, Sega Genesis/Sega CD era, so that's why I'm attached to those games.

I still remember going into this huge electronic store as a kid, and seeing a demo of Sonic CD (for the Sega CD) being shown on a huge big screen TV, and the excitement of it all, so I have a lot of fond memories of those days.

Anyone else here play emulators of older systems?
I have every emulator on my PC. Games I always wanted to play, but couldn't as a kid, I could play them. Games from Europe and Japan I wanted to play, I am now. System that I wanted so badly like the NeoGeo? I can play it now. Emulators are the bomb.

As for gamers being lazy and such...I have been playing video games since I was 5. I have had almost all of the popular systems (I have a Xbox 360 now) and no one on here or in real life would call me lazy or what not. Video games are a stress reliever. Probably the best stress reliever besides walking or writing. It has helped me when I needed to cool off.

Winston, I don't know what games you play, but the games I play take skill. You have to think. I have become smarter playing video games. In addition, I understood sports like hockey and football because of video games. I was never a big fan of football and I never understood the plays until I played Madden 96. Video games take skill and they do make you smarter. I don't know where you guys that speak negatively about this get your information from.
Hell yea, man. I am also planning on downloading every emulator and rom I can find.

Right now I am downloading a N64 emulator and some roms like Goldeneye and Mario Golf.

I plan to download a Sega Dreamcast emulator and download this Shenmue rom that I always heard was like the "next level in gaming". I heard this game took it to a whole new level, that you could literally do anything you wanted to. Also, Sonic Adventure looks cool, I never got a chance to play it.

What do you think of Playstation emulators and roms? I really want to download Final Fantasy 8 and 9, really badly. I already have Final Fantasy 7 for the PC. Also, do you know much about Playstation 2 emulators? I'd like to play the Final Fantasy games for the PS2. Final Fantasy 10 wasn't too much of a hit, but I'll play it anyway.

You need a very high end desktop to play PS2 emulators. I have always had laptops except one desktop in high school. I tried to play PS2 emulators (PCSX2 is the best one) and it was super slow. ePSXe is the PS1 emulator I use and it is the best. I think Final Fantasy 7 is the best PS1 game ever besides Resident Evil.

If you want a DC emulator get nullDC. It works the best. Shenmue is still a masterpiece til this day. My friend had it and I was blown away. It is still better than most games out now. Dreamcast and Xbox 360 are the my favorite and I think they are the best systems ever made.
Thanks for this info. I doubt my PC will work with a PS2 emulator, but I'll just stick to the older systems like Playstation and the rest.

I just downloaded Final Fantasy 8 and finally got it to work. This is such a f***ing amazing game.

I'm using ePSXe, and had to tweak it a bit to get it to work properly, but it's finally working.

Thanks for the info about Shenmue, is it difficult to set up the Dreamcast emulator? A lot of the emulators for the newer systems are kind of buggy, but if you play around with it enough, can usually get it to work.
NullDC is easy to setup. If you want me to, I can take a screenshot of my settings.

Here are the sites I use to find games. Winston posted some I use, but these are the ones I use.

snesorama (message forum that has DC, PS1, etc.)
doperoms
romhustler
romnation
nitroroms
enter the rom (site I use to get bios)
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Phoenix Sosa wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote: I have every emulator on my PC. Games I always wanted to play, but couldn't as a kid, I could play them. Games from Europe and Japan I wanted to play, I am now. System that I wanted so badly like the NeoGeo? I can play it now. Emulators are the bomb.

NullDC is easy to setup. If you want me to, I can take a screenshot of my settings.

Here are the sites I use to find games. Winston posted some I use, but these are the ones I use.

doperoms
romhustler
romnation
nitroroms
Yea, I use a lot of those sites also. Thanks, I'll keep in touch, and let you know how it goes with the other emulators.

A couple of games I really want to play are the Jurassic Park game for the 3DO, and Myst also for 3DO.

I also want to check out some of those more rare systems I never could afford to play.

Read the book online
Download the book
Heart of Shadows
Freshman Poster

Post by Heart of Shadows »

Heart of Shadows wrote:Anybody here ever heard of zbattle of cyperbad?

sounds pretty awesome, so you can play multiplayer online for different games? Can you please give an explicit example, like which games on which systems are the best for it?
Yeah you can and you can pretty much play with anybody although your limited to two people on snes.
On zbattle you can download roms from people if you don't possess the certain rom they have but on snes I stuck to final fight(1-3), mario roms(various hacks), mario kart, any mortal kombat game, star fox, and zombies ate my neighbors.

For psx I got tekken(1-3), mortal kombat trilogy and crash bash along with tony hawk, cool boarders and a few others.

Also for roms I would recommend emuparadise.

http://www.emuparadise.me/roms-isos-games.php
"It is a sign of creeping inner death when we can no longer praise the living."
Eric Hoffer

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:Oh yeah, if you love arcade games, get MAME. The best arcade emulator ever. I have about 1,000 arcade games. Oops, get MAME32UI. It is easier to use. The normal MAME has command prompt.

Emulators I have:

MAME (arcade)
NullDC (Dreamcast)
Project64 (N64)
ZNES (SNES)
JNES (NES)
ePSXe (PS1)
SSF (Sega Saturn)
I have Kega Fusion and a bunch of Sega Roms but no Sega Pad. I found an USB adapter for one we'll see if I get it sometime.

When Sony announced its game system, I had a SNES. When they release pictures of the actual controller, I made the decision to buy a PSX based on that reason alone and haven't turned back.

I also have MAME but I play it less and less. I am going to keep it because I like playing Major Havoc and SNK Games. I wish games like Race Drivin and others worked better. If the Midway series with the game wasn't so crappy, I'd get that. I just might have to buy the actual arcade game. I've very good at the race track, I don't run the stunt track so I suck at it.

I've heard JNES is the emulator to have for NES, but I've never had a problem with RockNES.

You might wanna look at Puppy Arcade which is built on Puppy Linux - http://scottjarvis.com/page105.htm it centralizes all your emulators. You can also use EMU Control Center - http://www.camya.com/
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote: I have every emulator on my PC. Games I always wanted to play, but couldn't as a kid, I could play them. Games from Europe and Japan I wanted to play, I am now. System that I wanted so badly like the NeoGeo? I can play it now. Emulators are the bomb.

doperoms
romhustler
romnation
nitroroms
Emu Paradise is where I get all my roms and iso's from - http://www.emuparadise.me/

The SNES and NES Roms I got from BT Junkie. Kega Fusion and all those Genesis Games came from Kick Ass Torrents.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

What I need to buy now is a Logitech Wireless Gamepad, though I have use of my front USB ports on my HTPC/Desktop back (Gravis USB Game Pad PSX Style). You can also use a PS3 Bluetooth Game Pad with a cheap Bluetooth Receiver with Emulators too.

I may get a PS3 now that the price has dropped to $250, the price as dropped to $199 for refurbished PS3's as well. We'll see how much that impact my trip plans.

I have so many games that I haven't finished -

Rally Cross 2
Syphon Filter 2
Need For Speed 3
Pro Race Driver 2
Pro Race Driver 3
GT4
Vice City (last mission)

I sort of don't need to add another game console and games to the mix, yikes. We'll see, I do want to play GT5 BADLY and finally race ONLINE.
Last edited by djfourmoney on September 5th, 2011, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:Oh yeah, if you love arcade games, get MAME. The best arcade emulator ever. I have about 1,000 arcade games. Oops, get MAME32UI. It is easier to use. The normal MAME has command prompt.

Emulators I have:

MAME (arcade)
NullDC (Dreamcast)
Project64 (N64)
ZNES (SNES)
JNES (NES)
ePSXe (PS1)
SSF (Sega Saturn)
Is this where I download MAME?

http://www.mamedev.org/

If so, where do you get the games? I prefer to download packages instead of each game separately.

Is it possible to play XBOX games on the PC?

Also, I want to play the Tekken series games. Should I download a PC version or use an Emulator? If an Emulator, which game system should I use?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Winston wrote:

Emulators I have:

MAME (arcade)
NullDC (Dreamcast)
Project64 (N64)
ZNES (SNES)
JNES (NES)
ePSXe (PS1)
SSF (Sega Saturn)

If so, where do you get the games? I prefer to download packages instead of each game separately.

Also, I want to play the Tekken series games. Should I download a PC version or use an Emulator? If an Emulator, which game system should I use?
Xbox Emulation is in Development Hell. The problem is MS is tight lipped on the source code and attempts to backward engineer haven't worked yet.

If you want to download game packages, try Kick Ass Torrents or BT Junkie, you can get masses of roms in one large download.

For MAME, I recommend MAME Plus likely the best build, you can get it here - http://www.zophar.net/mame.html
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks. My favorite games are shoot em up games with aircraft, such as Aero Fighters, Raiden, etc. There were a few awesome made for PC ones too, from the 90's, but I forget their name.

I can't find versions of those for the PC or for emulators. Any suggestions?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

djfourmoney wrote:

Emulators I have:

MAME (arcade)
NullDC (Dreamcast)
Project64 (N64)
ZNES (SNES)
JNES (NES)
ePSXe (PS1)
SSF (Sega Saturn)

I have Kega Fusion and a bunch of Sega Roms but no Sega Pad. I found an USB adapter for one we'll see if I get it sometime.

When Sony announced its game system, I had a SNES. When they release pictures of the actual controller, I made the decision to buy a PSX based on that reason alone and haven't turned back.

I also have MAME but I play it less and less. I am going to keep it because I like playing Major Havoc and SNK Games. I wish games like Race Drivin and others worked better. If the Midway series with the game wasn't so crappy, I'd get that. I just might have to buy the actual arcade game. I've very good at the race track, I don't run the stunt track so I suck at it.

I've heard JNES is the emulator to have for NES, but I've never had a problem with RockNES.

You might wanna look at Puppy Arcade which is built on Puppy Linux - http://scottjarvis.com/page105.htm it centralizes all your emulators. You can also use EMU Control Center - http://www.camya.com/
I forgot what site it was, but they make USB gamepads for every old school system. I have a Logitech gamepad that I use. I know many of the racing games on MAME require steering wheels and Logitech makes steering wheels for that. Many of the games that I couldn't get to work were because I had to get every version of it like the version in US, EU, JP, etc. Sometimes the games need to be updated and the people that have the games post them on the sites I posted. I was pissed when I couldn't get the NeoGeo games I wanted to play to play, but I got some advice about how to do it and they work now.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

djfourmoney wrote:
Winston wrote:

Emulators I have:

MAME (arcade)
NullDC (Dreamcast)
Project64 (N64)
ZNES (SNES)
JNES (NES)
ePSXe (PS1)
SSF (Sega Saturn)

Xbox Emulation is in Development Hell. The problem is MS is tight lipped on the source code and attempts to backward engineer haven't worked yet.

If you want to download game packages, try Kick Ass Torrents or BT Junkie, you can get masses of roms in one large download.

For MAME, I recommend MAME Plus likely the best build, you can get it here - http://www.zophar.net/mame.html
Yep. That's the site. I got MAME32 from here

http://www.mameui.info/

The sites I posted have MAME games. I use doperoms and romnation for MAME games. I think the newer generation systems will never be emulated. the GameCube and PS2 is the best they can do.

Oh f**k, I forgot to mention Dolphin! Dolphin is the GameCube emulator. They say the Wii can be played on there too, but I don't like the Wii. Almost every GC can be played on Dolphin. I forgot I had this emulator. :lol: