Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Article: "No jobs in the U.S.? I'm moving!"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Article: "No jobs in the U.S.? I'm moving!"

Postby Jackal » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Although this article is basically about American college grads who succeeded overseas, I think some of its ideas could inspire everybody.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/new ... hpt=hp_bn3
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby ladislav » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:12 pm

They did not mention the visa/ work/business permit, etc situations. Many of my efforts of overseas jobs/companies have several times been stymied by not being able to legally do much unless I had huge capital.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby momopi » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:26 pm

ladislav wrote:They did not mention the visa/ work/business permit, etc situations. Many of my efforts of overseas jobs/companies have several times been stymied by not being able to legally do much unless I had huge capital.

The requirements to start a registered business in China depends on the type of business, location, and local regulatory agencies. The rules on Wholly Foreign Owned Entity (WFOE), Representative Office (RO), Joint Venture (JV), etc. are all different. My partner started an internet SOE company in Fujian from scratch, so if anyone is interested in all the requirements, I can ask him.

However, the bottom line is that as long as you have capital, door will open for you. Usually there is a minimum capital requirement that you must fulfill to register a business.

Here's a quick comparison of how to register a business by country:

http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/explo ... a-business
http://www.doingbusiness.org/data/explo ... ess/china/
Last edited by momopi on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Grunt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Lets just have Ladislav hire us all.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Postby ladislav » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Hmm, where is the actual amount in dollars on those tables?

But it is sure nice to see these pale white faces of smiling Americans who have started a business in a Communist Oriental land and who are now doing well. The world has sure changed a lot.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:06 am

There's a job I qualify for on the DHL Europe (in Prague) web site, my problem, I have about $80 to my name.

I'm trying to see how long it would take a raise enough money to see about taking this job or another one with DHL.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby JhonPaul » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:13 am

Well thing are going to get a lot worse that's why i shifted from US 3 years ago.
JhonPaul
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions