Malware Warning From Google?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

djfourmoney wrote:Its been reported there have been several OSX hacks, as I said most don't cry about it, only the Internet users do, aka people that just cruise the net and constantly download crap.

As for Windows' PC's? No major issues... Laptops are HP both still work, one 5 years old, this one is already out of warranty and now that I have A+, ummm I can fix it, its crashed once. But now its been backed up to Windows Home Server 2011.

My boy is using a 4 year old Dell with Traxtor DJ software.

Nothing against some Apple users but the fanboys are out of control.
Mostly OSX isn't as vulnerable because it doesn't have near the user base, so targeting it would be a waste of money.

That being said, there has been a memory protection feature built into Intel processors since the 286 came out called segmentation. If any operating system had used that to its full ability, most of the stack overflow exploits (which are what most exploits use) would have never been possible. In X64 mode, AMD completely eliminated segmentation, so there will never be a chance to use it again. Sad, really, that windows never took advantage of this.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are any of you getting malware warnings from Google now?

Recently, we were flagged with malware by Google due to an image posted by Momopi in another thread. I don't know why an image from an infected site would pose a danger here. Can a picture transmit a virus? Sheesh.

I've already removed it and submitted a reconsideration request from Google.

Details on the recent malware flag here:
viewtopic.php?p=132106#132106
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote: Why don't you switch to a different domain host like http://www.bluehost.com/

Sometimes going with the cheapest and most well known domain isn't the smartest idea. Too many people know about it and thus attack it. That domain host I mentioned is geared towards affiliate marketers as well. You may want to give it a try, it rates pretty good and I've used them in the past myself.
I already explained this in another thread. I don't switch to Bluehost because:

1) It's a pain in the ass. There is no easy way to move your site to another hosting company. It would require a lot of tedious steps.
2) Bluehost is strict about adult content. So if an adult image accidentally made its way onto this forum, we'd be in trouble with them. On the other hand, Godaddy doesn't care. Also, if I wanted to put adult content on this site in the future... well I'd prefer to leave that door open rather than closed. Closing doors suck and restrictions suck. Who knows what's next, Bluehost could start cracking down on politically incorrect sites too.

Besides, Godaddy is reliable most of the time, and I hope it improves.

Also, Bluehost claims to be cheaper than Godaddy, so go figure.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne