Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Lookism -one of the most underrated issues in our sociaty..

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Lookism -one of the most underrated issues in our sociaty..

Postby Banano » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:08 am

Check out this videos, its one of the things people don't give much importance to but its affecting all of us on a daily basis..from the moment we were born :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioU8adM0 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaLKIB7s ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLogicJun ... CmGXnC6Axs
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLogicJun ... 8E6cp-QgYA


it pays to be in top 20% or else :cry: .....

how many times we heard women saying 'he is not my type' or ' no chemistry..' etc

its another way of saying that you are ugly or not attractive but women want to appear nice and not shallow so they dont say it the way it is

Sucks to be average Joe, curse to be ugly in this society...
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am







Re: Lookism -one of the most underrated issues in our sociat

Postby boycottamericanwomen » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:44 am

Banano wrote:Check out this videos, its one of the things people don't give much importance to but its affecting all of us on a daily basis..from the moment we were born :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioU8adM0 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaLKIB7s ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLogicJun ... CmGXnC6Axs
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLogicJun ... 8E6cp-QgYA


it pays to be in top 20% or else :cry: .....

how many times we heard women saying 'he is not my type' or ' no chemistry..' etc

its another way of saying that you are ugly or not attractive but women want to appear nice and not shallow so they dont say it the way it is

Sucks to be average Joe, curse to be ugly in this society...


Most of these women are so insane and delusional, they wait forever for Prince Charming, even though they are fat and ugly, and when he never comes, they end up growing old alone with their 10 cats.

Let these evil c**ts rot in the hell that they have created for themselves!
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Postby BigDug » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 am

Those last two videos really spoke to me, even though the guy was a bit all over the place in the structure of his rant...

I've felt the sting of heightism. I'm 5' 6.5". I've been repeatedly passed over for promotion and given lower evaluations for equal work as others. I look around my ship and see almost all upper level Officers being tall. Both Commanding Officer and Executive Officer are at least 6'4". The most senior Enlisted person in my department is around that height as well, and I have personally witnessed him cracking down harder on shorter guys for equal screwups.

In the world of dating, it has been brutal. I fell in love with one who was 5'2" and she eventually threw me away and ended up with a guy over 6'. I get very few replies back on the cupid sites (except Filipino Cupid which has been off-the-charts and has been a revelation, but I digress.)

I'm really curious which nations have the best job opportunities and less "heightism". I'm tired of struggling for mediocrity while less competent tall people reap greater rewards.
BigDug
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:05 am

Postby Bane » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:28 pm

I agree,

"Lookism" is real and for me, it is on par with racism as a form of serious discrimination.

I'm not saying that everyone should consider dating someone they are not attracted to (that would be hyprocritical, since there are certain "looks" I am not attracted to), but to pass someone up on a job that they are more qualified for, or to simply pass someone up on just even talking to them because of their looks tells me how messed up our "enlightened" culture has become. It may be THE reason our society is failing, if unqualified people are getting ahead of qualified people simply because they are better looking. No wonder we are in such a sad state, when the best people are not the ones getting the jobs.

Personally, I would never hire someone based on their looks. That is dumb, counterproductive, and potentially suicidal for any company that isn't Abercrombie and Fitch or J.Crew. If you don't have the skills necessary for a particular job, I don't care if you're Ben Affleck, you won't get the job, period.

People say dumb things like "Well..well, it's important to be good looking, because it helps the company's image." No, asshole, what will help the company more is his ability to do a job and get results for your company. Skill>looks, and it is really sad that some people actually feel otherwise. You will never sell me on that, so don't even bother trying.

As far as simply talking to people, why should their looks matter? If you are just going to be friends, it is not like you are going to go to bed with them? I have plenty of less attractive friends who are the most interesting people I have ever met, much more so than these good looking twits who contribute nothing to society other than being good-looking.

Sorry if this came off as ranting, but this one really bothers me.
Bane
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:58 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Postby Banano » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Most women make up their mind within seconds of seeing you as to whether or not they would consider sleeping with you...what baffles me is how the fck they say its not abt looks and that they go for personality...
are they more sophisticated then us to work out our personality in a few seconds?......i doubt it for some reason....its just a great spin,

Lookism is real and here to stay...everyone talks abt racism but i think this one is far more widespread...
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Postby Bane » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Banano,

I think it goes back to what the woman in the first video was talking about: It's all basically political correctness. No one wants to hurt other people's feelings, so they make up these things like "Looks don't matter, it's all about personality" or "we just don't click" etc. to save the other person from being hurt. (Not like it matters, though, a rejection is still rejection, no matter how it's said)

They say these things like "Looks don't matter" because they know they will be perceived as a shallow jerk if they do. It's almost like they know it's wrong to think like this, but they do it anyway. They can't help it, it's human nature. This is why I have little hope for this species. We are slaves to our primitive, animal nature. The very idea of possibly finding a way to transcend these things and live a more rich, colorful existence is laughed at. Sometimes, it seems that only Winston and the people on this forum are the only ones that understand.
Bane
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:58 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Postby momopi » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:58 am

BigDug wrote:Those last two videos really spoke to me, even though the guy was a bit all over the place in the structure of his rant...
I've felt the sting of heightism. I'm 5' 6.5". I've been repeatedly passed over for promotion and given lower evaluations for equal work as others. I look around my ship and see almost all upper level Officers being tall. Both Commanding Officer and Executive Officer are at least 6'4". The most senior Enlisted person in my department is around that height as well, and I have personally witnessed him cracking down harder on shorter guys for equal screw-ups.


The same conditions exist in PLAN (People's Liberation Army Navy):
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4762803.stm

...and the men and women there pay big bucks for height surgery to improve their prospects:
http://www.france24.com/en/20100411-chi ... shanghai-0
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby newlife » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:54 am

Why do american women always want men who are 6' tall? Seems ridiculous to me.

I'm 5'10", so maybe that is not enough for these women. Guess they want giants?

5'10" is plenty tall in most areas of the world. My asian wife could care less about my height.
newlife
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:20 am
Location: Thailand

Postby odbo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:10 am

newlife wrote:Why do american women always want men who are 6' tall? Seems ridiculous to me.

I'm 5'10", so maybe that is not enough for these women. Guess they want giants?


The same reason they suddenly started caring about asses the last 20 years. Media programming. Most women have no ability to think past the manipulation. Now they want wimps without facial or body hair. They want the emasculated article, but not some short asian guy like Winston. They're not attracted to naturally emasculated. They seem to prefer taking some big guy, and turning him into a vagina. Then they're happy. :lol:

Why do really short women want really tall guys? And why do tall guys go for that shit? Having 2 feet height difference is idiotic, I'm sorry it is. It's like a Giraffe and a donkey walking side by side. Find someone your own size! The really short guys are left without women in their height range, and the really tall women are left without guys in their height range. So you get a lot of miserable people, and the odd couple where the guy is half the size of the girl, out of necessity. It's time to put a stop to this. I'm calling any guy over 6 feet tall who dates or marries anyone under 5 foot 3 a mangina to his face. That goes for any members on here. Whats the matter are you a closet pedophile? Modern society not give you enough opportunity to express your masculinity so you have to go for anorexic midgets just to feel like a man?

I live in an area with many Filipino immigrants. You would not believe the amount of wealthy white 40 or 50-something manginas walking around with asian (usually Filipino) girlfriends. These Filipinas are only a few years off the boat and already walking around rich neighborhoods like they own the place. This is due to the old white guys treating them like a queen (kissing their ass) and buying them designer labels and this treatment going to the women's heads.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby leavingusa » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:56 pm

odbo wrote:
newlife wrote: I'm calling any guy over 6 feet tall who dates or marries anyone under 5 foot 3 a mangina to his face. That goes for any members on here. Whats the matter are you a closet pedophile? Modern society not give you enough opportunity to express your masculinity so you have to go for anorexic midgets just to feel like a man?


Not always sometimes it's just what the guy can get. I'm close to six feet and most of my girlfriends have been much shorter, they're the ones that like me. I'd like the ones closer to my height so her head isn't under my armpit during sex but I seem to always see them with guys who are 6'2-6'5

Another issue is the extreme lack of "targets", no reasonably attractive women alone. You have to be a player who can work groups to even find one to talk to.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Postby pete98146 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:23 pm

odbo wrote:
newlife wrote:Why do american women always want men who are 6' tall? Seems ridiculous to me.

I'm 5'10", so maybe that is not enough for these women. Guess they want giants?



I'm calling any guy over 6 feet tall who dates or marries anyone under 5 foot 3 a mangina to his face. That goes for any members on here. Whats the matter are you a closet pedophile? Modern society not give you enough opportunity to express your masculinity so you have to go for anorexic midgets just to feel like a man?



Odbo, seems like you are trying to pick a fight or something. We'll I'm 6'4 and 230lbs and my wife is 5'1 and 105lbs. I absolutely LOVE asian women but part and parcel is they are small people. Do you want me to dump her and start dating a 5'10" American girl just to placate you? Get serious dude!

No offense but that may have been the dumbest post that I've ever seen on this Happier Abroad. Feel free to come up to Seattle and call me a mangina/pedophile to my face. Ya I didn't think so! Next time I advise you to think before you type because I doubt I'm the only big guy here that has a smaller wife/gf.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby davewe » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:46 pm

pete98146 wrote:
odbo wrote:
newlife wrote:Why do american women always want men who are 6' tall? Seems ridiculous to me.

I'm 5'10", so maybe that is not enough for these women. Guess they want giants?



I'm calling any guy over 6 feet tall who dates or marries anyone under 5 foot 3 a mangina to his face. That goes for any members on here. Whats the matter are you a closet pedophile? Modern society not give you enough opportunity to express your masculinity so you have to go for anorexic midgets just to feel like a man?



Odbo, seems like you are trying to pick a fight or something. We'll I'm 6'4 and 230lbs and my wife is 5'1 and 105lbs. I absolutely LOVE asian women but part and parcel is they are small people. Do you want me to dump her and start dating a 5'10" American girl just to placate you? Get serious dude!

No offense but that may have been the dumbest post that I've ever seen on this Happier Abroad. Feel free to come up to Seattle and call me a mangina/pedophile to my face. Ya I didn't think so! Next time I advise you to think before you type because I doubt I'm the only big guy here that has a smaller wife/gf.


Nice!

Me, I'm 5'6" and have dated girls between 4'11" and 6' (and she loved to wear 3" heels). Who cares! We're men - we're supposed to be above such petty nonsense. Unfortunately, many American women aren't - that's the point!
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby lavezzi » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 pm

I was talking to a black American girl on Omegle once. She asked me how tall I was and I said 186cm. She then told me that she was 180cm but only likes guys that are 200cm+!. At that time, I could have counted on one hand how many times in my life I could remember seeing anyone above that height. When I went to New York, I did see a significantly greater amount of guys that were about that tall, but still probably less than 1 in 300. Talk about ridiculous expectations.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Postby leavingusa » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:46 pm

This is one place where PUA concepts can be helpful. She's "negging" you or giving you a "Shit test" depending on how you look at it. When you answer logically you are playing into her hands. It becomes a case where you are voluntarily accepting her standards and rejecting yourself.

Any time she asks a question designed to qualify you, give a ridiculous answer.

If she asks your height, 7'1 or 3'2 or "tall enough to know better", or tell a funny joke about a midget and a rabbi.

If she asks your age and you are 35 and she is 19 say 91. Where do you work? If your job is IT say underwear salesman. Or simply ignore it and tell a joke.

Instead of telling you you're not good enough she laughs and you will be allowed to move forward. Only later you can tell her something factual about yourself and once she has decided she feels good about you it won't matter.

Most men have the interview style where they interview the girl and the the girl interviews them and right off they give logical answers to every question. With this approach you are forcing her to judge you only on looks, age, income.

It's not actually necessarily that a guy needs to be six feet tall or make 10000/mo but in her mind that is what she thinks she needs to make her feel secure. If you are more confident than average and have a sense of humor that makes her feel at ease with you then you've achieved the same thing.

I know this isn't a PUA site but some of these issues are fairly easy fixes and apply broadly to other areas.

If you want to lead a group of men and you are short then you have to make them feel secure with you.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Postby S_Parc » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:06 pm

odbo wrote:I'm calling any guy over 6 feet tall who dates or marries anyone under 5 foot 3 a mangina to his face. That goes for any members on here. Whats the matter are you a closet pedophile? Modern society not give you enough opportunity to express your masculinity so you have to go for anorexic midgets just to feel like a man?


Whew! Thank goodness my shortest gf was 5'3" or I'd be under odbo's Mangina radar & be facing charges for pedophilia.

And BTW, modern society can go to hell.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests