Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


What kind of hobbies do you guys have?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby pete98146 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:02 pm

1. Traveling
2. Cooking
3. Watching 49er football
4. Playing tennis/basketball to stay in shape.
5. Spending time with my wife.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby davewe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:13 pm

1. Writing
2. Traveling
3. Tech and gadgets
4. Guitar making
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby E_Irizarry » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Making music on FL Studio/REAPER
Jerking off to XHamster, XVideos, XTube, Spankwire, YouJizz, et. al.
Reading technical e-books/PDFs.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby aozora13 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:06 pm

1. Technology * Computers, gadgets *
2. Travel
3. Languages
4. Politics
aozora13
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:50 pm

E_Irizarry wrote:Making music on FL Studio/REAPER
Jerking off to XHamster, XVideos, XTube, Spankwire, YouJizz, et. al.
Reading technical e-books/PDFs.



lol yea, I'm a pdf junkie. I just got a copy of a famous court case in 1990 that will reveal a lot of detailed information I'm looking for. I can't believe I got a copy!


Hell, not sure if you're into aviation, but they even have the flight manual for the SR-71 blackbird online. Unbelievable and talk about technical!

http://www.sr-71.org/blackbird/manual/
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks guys for the updates! I always wonder what you guys are into when you're not on HA.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:57 pm

aozora13 wrote:1. Technology * Computers, gadgets *
2. Travel
3. Languages
4. Politics



How deep are you into languages? By that I mean do you study dead/rare languages, or are you learning a new language to help you assimilate into another culture?
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 pm

davewe wrote:1. Writing
2. Traveling
3. Tech and gadgets
4. Guitar making


If I may ask, what do you write about?
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby Greetercb » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:23 pm

As For me My hobbies Are.

1. Reading ( History, Travel & Cookbooks.)

2. Travel ( To Any Big City.)

& Finally 3. Gourmet Cooking ( The Spicy Food From Both Italy & Mexico.)
Greetercb
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Greetercb wrote:As For me My hobbies Are.

1. Reading ( History, Travel & Cookbooks.)

2. Travel ( To Any Big City.)

& Finally 3. Gourmet Cooking ( The Spicy Food From Both Italy & Mexico.)


We have the same taste. Italian and Mexican food is my favorite.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby xiongmao » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Making money
Watching porn
Eating and drinking
Driving every woman on Chinese Love Links absolutely crazy!!!

Oh well, at least I'm honest :)
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2542
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby davewe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 pm

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
davewe wrote:1. Writing
2. Traveling
3. Tech and gadgets
4. Guitar making


If I may ask, what do you write about?


I'm a technical writer by day (certainly not a hobby) but write fiction and humor by night. Latest book (funny memoir pieces) is almost done.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby Capster78 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:42 am

I have several hobbies.. Some of which are dormant because I cant afford or have time to do all of them at the same time.

#1 hobby would have to be Texas Holdem Poker.

I play here at Ebro Grayhound Park card room. I started out playing tournaments and won 4-5 of them taking in close to $6k in a matter of 4 months. Then I decided to up my game and played cash games. I lost just about all my bankroll from playing tournaments, then started breaking even and now I am getting the hang of it and coming away nicely. Usually make about $300 a night playing $1-$2 NL. What turned me on to this hobby is the strategy involved. There is literally an infinite number of strategies you could use to play this game. The cards are only a small percentage of poker. It has a lot to do with the perception the other players have of how you play and your perception of them. Who can see through the others strategies the best has the upper hand. Not to mention, there is a good amount of calculating involved when figuring out what type of play to make in order to net a profit over a long period of time. Its a game of probability and perception.

#2 Hobby would be bowling

I have bowled since I was about 11 years old. I started out with a measly 120 avg at that age, which was not terribly bad. By the time I turned 15 I was winning state tournaments in my age catagory. Once I graduated High school I was in the mid 190's-200's consistantly.. But once I started working, I did not have the time to practice like I use to. So now I hover between mid 180's and 190's fairly consistantly. If I had more time, I would consider getting the needed practice in and compete as an amature.. but that costs a good chunk of money, time and travel to do which is something I don't have right now.

#3 would be running.

I have run on and off all my life. I played baseball for 10 years, soccer for 3 years and football for 2 years during my youth. So I was always running. In high school It was fairly easy for me to knock off 5 minute miles, but I never got serious enough into it to run on the track team. The other problem was that it was always during baseball season. Seeing that I am in the military, exercise is encouraged. So it is fairly easy to find time for this hobby. I have run several 5K races.. and recently finished my first half marathon.. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon.

#4 History

It is more of an interest instead of a hobby I guess. I don't actively search or study it, however, whenever there is something on TV I find myself glued to it. I am really interested in geopolitical history and how wars have shaped the world we live in.

#5 Cars

I have owned 3 Pontiac Trans Am's in my lifetimes. I remember the first job I had out of high school. I worked as a high end retail sales person. I worked 100% commission and made good money (about 30-40K) for someone that lived at home. I was laying in the living room one time watching TV when I saw a TV add for the new 1998 Pontiac Trans am. In the commercial, the Trans Am pulls up behind a Porche at a stop light. Light turns green, and the Trans Am eats the porche thru it's hood nostrils and spits it out thru the exhaust. The car was amazing looking, sounded good and was fast. I saved up $10K that first year, put $7.5K down on a brand new 1998 Medium Blue Metalic Pontiac Trans Am. It was one of only 300 made in that color. It was a very nice looking car. It remained stock for 2 years until one day my brother convinced me to take it to the track. I let it loose down the 1/4 mile track and was hooked after that. In about 2 years I had spent about 20K on the car and had it running in the high 11's all motor. I had to sell the car right before joining the military in order to pay off all my credit card debt. Probably the saddest day in my life, watching that car go. So I have bought 2 others since then. One, I left with my Bro while I served 5 years overseas, and he drove it into the ground while I was gone.. the other, I just purchased about a year ago.. but dont have the money to spend to play around with it..

Those are my main hobbies. I have a few others that I have entertained over the years but never got really serious with them..
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 am

Capster78 wrote:I have several hobbies.. Some of which are dormant because I cant afford or have time to do all of them at the same time.

#1 hobby would have to be Texas Holdem Poker.

I play here at Ebro Grayhound Park card room. I started out playing tournaments and won 4-5 of them taking in close to $6k in a matter of 4 months. Then I decided to up my game and played cash games. I lost just about all my bankroll from playing tournaments, then started breaking even and now I am getting the hang of it and coming away nicely. Usually make about $300 a night playing $1-$2 NL. What turned me on to this hobby is the strategy involved. There is literally an infinite number of strategies you could use to play this game. The cards are only a small percentage of poker. It has a lot to do with the perception the other players have of how you play and your perception of them. Who can see through the others strategies the best has the upper hand. Not to mention, there is a good amount of calculating involved when figuring out what type of play to make in order to net a profit over a long period of time. Its a game of probability and perception.

#2 Hobby would be bowling

I have bowled since I was about 11 years old. I started out with a measly 120 avg at that age, which was not terribly bad. By the time I turned 15 I was winning state tournaments in my age catagory. Once I graduated High school I was in the mid 190's-200's consistantly.. But once I started working, I did not have the time to practice like I use to. So now I hover between mid 180's and 190's fairly consistantly. If I had more time, I would consider getting the needed practice in and compete as an amature.. but that costs a good chunk of money, time and travel to do which is something I don't have right now.

#3 would be running.

I have run on and off all my life. I played baseball for 10 years, soccer for 3 years and football for 2 years during my youth. So I was always running. In high school It was fairly easy for me to knock off 5 minute miles, but I never got serious enough into it to run on the track team. The other problem was that it was always during baseball season. Seeing that I am in the military, exercise is encouraged. So it is fairly easy to find time for this hobby. I have run several 5K races.. and recently finished my first half marathon.. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon.

#4 History

It is more of an interest instead of a hobby I guess. I don't actively search or study it, however, whenever there is something on TV I find myself glued to it. I am really interested in geopolitical history and how wars have shaped the world we live in.

#5 Cars

I have owned 3 Pontiac Trans Am's in my lifetimes. I remember the first job I had out of high school. I worked as a high end retail sales person. I worked 100% commission and made good money (about 30-40K) for someone that lived at home. I was laying in the living room one time watching TV when I saw a TV add for the new 1998 Pontiac Trans am. In the commercial, the Trans Am pulls up behind a Porche at a stop light. Light turns green, and the Trans Am eats the porche thru it's hood nostrils and spits it out thru the exhaust. The car was amazing looking, sounded good and was fast. I saved up $10K that first year, put $7.5K down on a brand new 1998 Medium Blue Metalic Pontiac Trans Am. It was one of only 300 made in that color. It was a very nice looking car. It remained stock for 2 years until one day my brother convinced me to take it to the track. I let it loose down the 1/4 mile track and was hooked after that. In about 2 years I had spent about 20K on the car and had it running in the high 11's all motor. I had to sell the car right before joining the military in order to pay off all my credit card debt. Probably the saddest day in my life, watching that car go. So I have bought 2 others since then. One, I left with my Bro while I served 5 years overseas, and he drove it into the ground while I was gone.. the other, I just purchased about a year ago.. but dont have the money to spend to play around with it..

Those are my main hobbies. I have a few others that I have entertained over the years but never got really serious with them..


Cool! I'm a Mustang guy so I know all about you F body guys. 11 is pretty quick for the late 90's, though 20k is a lot! How much did you put into the motor alone?

And I remember that commercial; that was bad ass! BTW, have you seen the Firebreather?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyA5ojXS2cU
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby Capster78 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:02 am

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Capster78 wrote:I have several hobbies.. Some of which are dormant because I cant afford or have time to do all of them at the same time.

#1 hobby would have to be Texas Holdem Poker.

I play here at Ebro Grayhound Park card room. I started out playing tournaments and won 4-5 of them taking in close to $6k in a matter of 4 months. Then I decided to up my game and played cash games. I lost just about all my bankroll from playing tournaments, then started breaking even and now I am getting the hang of it and coming away nicely. Usually make about $300 a night playing $1-$2 NL. What turned me on to this hobby is the strategy involved. There is literally an infinite number of strategies you could use to play this game. The cards are only a small percentage of poker. It has a lot to do with the perception the other players have of how you play and your perception of them. Who can see through the others strategies the best has the upper hand. Not to mention, there is a good amount of calculating involved when figuring out what type of play to make in order to net a profit over a long period of time. Its a game of probability and perception.

#2 Hobby would be bowling

I have bowled since I was about 11 years old. I started out with a measly 120 avg at that age, which was not terribly bad. By the time I turned 15 I was winning state tournaments in my age catagory. Once I graduated High school I was in the mid 190's-200's consistantly.. But once I started working, I did not have the time to practice like I use to. So now I hover between mid 180's and 190's fairly consistantly. If I had more time, I would consider getting the needed practice in and compete as an amature.. but that costs a good chunk of money, time and travel to do which is something I don't have right now.

#3 would be running.

I have run on and off all my life. I played baseball for 10 years, soccer for 3 years and football for 2 years during my youth. So I was always running. In high school It was fairly easy for me to knock off 5 minute miles, but I never got serious enough into it to run on the track team. The other problem was that it was always during baseball season. Seeing that I am in the military, exercise is encouraged. So it is fairly easy to find time for this hobby. I have run several 5K races.. and recently finished my first half marathon.. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon.

#4 History

It is more of an interest instead of a hobby I guess. I don't actively search or study it, however, whenever there is something on TV I find myself glued to it. I am really interested in geopolitical history and how wars have shaped the world we live in.

#5 Cars

I have owned 3 Pontiac Trans Am's in my lifetimes. I remember the first job I had out of high school. I worked as a high end retail sales person. I worked 100% commission and made good money (about 30-40K) for someone that lived at home. I was laying in the living room one time watching TV when I saw a TV add for the new 1998 Pontiac Trans am. In the commercial, the Trans Am pulls up behind a Porche at a stop light. Light turns green, and the Trans Am eats the porche thru it's hood nostrils and spits it out thru the exhaust. The car was amazing looking, sounded good and was fast. I saved up $10K that first year, put $7.5K down on a brand new 1998 Medium Blue Metalic Pontiac Trans Am. It was one of only 300 made in that color. It was a very nice looking car. It remained stock for 2 years until one day my brother convinced me to take it to the track. I let it loose down the 1/4 mile track and was hooked after that. In about 2 years I had spent about 20K on the car and had it running in the high 11's all motor. I had to sell the car right before joining the military in order to pay off all my credit card debt. Probably the saddest day in my life, watching that car go. So I have bought 2 others since then. One, I left with my Bro while I served 5 years overseas, and he drove it into the ground while I was gone.. the other, I just purchased about a year ago.. but dont have the money to spend to play around with it..

Those are my main hobbies. I have a few others that I have entertained over the years but never got really serious with them..


Cool! I'm a Mustang guy so I know all about you F body guys. 11 is pretty quick for the late 90's, though 20k is a lot! How much did you put into the motor alone?

And I remember that commercial; that was bad ass! BTW, have you seen the Firebreather?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyA5ojXS2cU


It was a 98..

I did not spend much on the motor at all. Only boltons. Headers, LS6 Intake, Thermostat, Programming...

The money was spent mostly on the suspension and transmission..

I had 3.73 gears with a 3500 2.5 STR yank stall converter
Spohn racing rear sway bar, adjustable torque arm, Lower control arms, tubular A-arms, poly bushings
Tubular K-member
QA1 adjustable Race shocks / springs
Transmission cooler
BFG Drag Radials
SLP 3" Loudmouth Exhaust, no cats, resonator, 3 Y-Pipe.

Then some semi functional / visual mods
Wings West body kit without the large wing
Raptor ram air hood (like the firehawk hood)
20% tint
ROH Shadow Chrome Rims
Custom painted pearl white racing stripes
Removed all logo's / stencils

I wish I still had pictures of the car, it was really amazing looking. I plan on building this car just like that car when I have the money... maybe never.. ha!

I had bought an agressive head/cam package for it but never got a chance to install it. It required a new oil / fule pump, lines and upgraded rockers/springs/bearings...

It would have easily been in the mid to high 10's after that.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot], yick and 4 guests