Sports Suck!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

djfourmoney wrote: (1) For what? If I wanted to spend much of my time talking to people that speak Spanish, then I would do it. However I really don't want too. No need to learn another language unless you're going to spending much time talking to native speakers..
I do it because it helps develop my brain and improve my thinking abilities.

If you don't want to learn for the sake of it, that's fine, it's your choice. No big deal.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Think Different wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I enjoy the occasional home town team on TV when I get the chance, but I have noticed that married men tend to soothe their misery by immersing themselves in college football all day Saturday and pro football all day Sunday.

Sports for these addicts is relief from nagging wives and husband responsibilities.

Overindulging in sports fanaticism is indicative of a larger problem in a man's life. Knowing what I know, who can blame them?
Now women have invaded the men's last refuge: the sports arena. Now the women are there, changing the dynamic; feminizing it....
You got that right!!!!! Now the NFL players must wear pink cleats, gloves, or arm-bands in recognition of breast cancer, as if that is the number one health concern of the world.

Most of these men are far more likely to develop prostrate cancer, but the still wear the pink to make the NFL brass happy who want to make the feminists happy.

I will never again spend money on anything NFL again!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I've played sports pretty much all of my life and my humble opinion, the benefits are almost endless. Naturally when you play sports, you tend to develop heroes that play the same sports that you do as a child and it's an easy segway into pro sport idolization.

For those of you who have the luxury of visiting Brazil, it's neat because there seems to be a neighborhood soccer game on every block. Why is this neat? I wonder what they would be doing if not playing soccer? Would they be out robbing tourists or hustling drugs? So sports can provide a healthy outlet for those of any race, color or background. Sports can teach teammanship, cooperation and respect.

That said I usually try to limit myself to watching only one pro sporting event per week. I am mostly a NFL fan. With the NFL hard cap it's very entertaining product filled full of parity, unlike the NBA or MLB. But you have to be balanced in life. I have friends that probably log 20 hours a week watching sports on tv which is unhealthy.

So in a nutshell, sports certainly do not suck.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Professional sports is 100 percent useless and illogical. It's nothing but a useless distraction that has no relevance to life and doesn't really matter one way or another unless you think it does. The fact that sports is considered "big news" testifies to how insane society is and how empty and soulless people must be. It isn't big news. It's nothing but a cheap distraction and attempt to get people to band together in tribal instinct. Only an insane society considers sports to be "big news". It's completely illogical.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Oh my God, where has this site been all my life?

Anyone else in Australia will know how obsessed this country is with sport, in particular rugby. I would say even more so than the US.

I never never had any interest in traditional sports whatsoever. The only type of "sport" i'd like would be adventure stuff such as skiing, rafting, abseiling etc. Not chasing some ball around on a field.

Here in Australia football isn't just an obsession, its a religion. People will argue about how their team is better etc, and this is often the main point of conversation. Wherever you go, the main conversation will be something like "so how about that game on the weekend" blah blah.

Yet another reason why I cannot wait to leave this country and move to Europe. I am sick to death of having sports shoved down my throat, and being made to feel "weird" for not having an interest in them.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isn't all of Europe obsessed with soccer though? You can't seem to escape the religion of professional sports. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

Winston wrote:Isn't all of Europe obsessed with soccer though? You can't seem to escape the religion of professional sports. lol
Yes, soccer is their sport, but from what i've heard its no where near the obsession that Australia has with rugby. But then again it also depends on the country.

At least they talk about other things over there.

Whats worse is that many Australian women are also becoming obsessed with rugby (watching it). I put this down to feminism and trying to be "equal" with the sports obsessed men.