Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Sports Suck!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby PunyBEAST » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:03 pm

IMHO watching professional sports is the worst use of free time possible. If most guys cut their sports watching by a half and invested in themselves with that saved time, the consider all the possibilities after a year if they devoted themselves to a particular goal. They could

(1) be highly proficient in another language -or-
(2) know how to play a musical instrument at moderate proficiency -or-
(3) be in great shape -or-
(4) be very knowledgeable about a particular topic -or-
(5) have helped a cause via volunteering -or-
(6) many others, as well as any combination of the above.

But instead, they choose to rot away with their disgusting food and nasty beer watching a bunch of fatasses running into each other or watching cars drive in circles for hours. I'm not opposed to going to the game once in a while with buddies, or catching the occasional game here and there, but some of these guys that watch sports for >10 hours per week really need to think about what they are missing.
PunyBEAST
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:10 pm







Postby onezero4u » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:04 pm

well if youre a normal american guy, you played sports and idolized pro-athletes as a kid, usually from your home team.
it was fun to play the game and also watch the pros play at that higher level.

theres nothing wrong with pro sports as an entertainment medium....just like most movies arent important either but its a fun 90 minute diversion as well.

I think ESPN really takes things to an extreme were people are inclined to be fanatical on teams, players, or fantasy leagues etc. (get a life ! folks)
as a hobby, a hardcore sports spectator is pretty worthless.

however, i still like to play sports and enjoy a good competive pro-game, usually football or NBA at playoff time.

of course....Woman professional sports are godam disgraceful...purely for lesbians and push the "equality" agenda
didja know that the NBA pays a huge subsidy out of its profit to offset the WNBAs year after year money losing league????


anyhow,
Da Bears!!
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Postby leavingusa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:05 pm

When that shit comes on the TV my mind instantly turns off.

I wish I could understand what's going on in people's heads when they get excited about games they are not involved in. I think it boils down to stupidity. I notice most of them are simple minded and lack ability to think as an individual. They take comfort in being part of a collective which is the hallmark of a weakling. We won, we won! No you did't win anything, you paid money to watch someone else win and get rich.

Not necessarily incompetent, many are able to perform complex tasks (rote memorization) but they'd have to fall down a well to have a deep thought. If they had brains the same questions would undoubtedly occur to them.

And lastly, most of them are so out of shape it's pathetic. Funny how a man who lifts weights and has a 300lb bench press is gay but a sports fan with a huge gut and no upper body strenght is a real man.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Postby S_Parc » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Fellows ... honestly, unless you're really intent on never socializing in the USA, it's not a bad idea to follow one sport. C'mon, there has to be something out there which is interesting to you.

Realize this... in many cities (my hometown, Boston, included), men do tend to get along, provided there aren't AWs around, to play divide & conquer.

Thus, sports is one of those things, since we really don't have philosophy/political science arenas for intellectuals to gather (I'm not referring to taking classes at Harvard or BU), for the remaining American men to gather, before we ship off to a foreign land for retirement.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:09 pm

The guest book is long so I stayed up last night and picked out the gems:



"I am a former US Navy SEAL,teacher, husband, father, and grandfather .I hate what professional sports has done to our colleges, high schools and even our elementary aged children. I hate that there are so many televised sports events. I like ameture sports but do not feel that schools of any type should sponsors sports teams. In this time of recession there is no reason to allow these teams to drain taxpayer dollars from our public educational institutions. people who want to play sports should have to pay to play. Other more worthwhile and creative activities and even academic areas will be cut before sports in a budget crisis. The outrageous salaries paid to pro athletes encourages children and idiotic parents to put more effort into athletics than they put into academics. This is so wrong. The hero worship that athletes receive is rediculous. There plenty real heroes out here who get little or no recognition. The SEALs that I served with in Vietnam and everyone of them since then are far more worthy of praise and adulation. However they don't seek it and in fact cringe at the thought. Doctors who save lives on a daily basis make less money in a liftime than athletes do in the course of a single contract. The only team gear that I wear is SEAL Team gear. I actually was on SEAL Team ONE. There is nothing more rediculous than a grown man or woman walking around in a team jersey for some sports team they never played for and never will. Yet they pay 20 to 75 dollars to wear the number and name of somone else. OMG. WTF"






"The central theme is the same throughout sports: divide and conquer. The techniques are quite simple: short circuit the natural tendency of people to cooperate for their survival, and teach them to form teams bent on domination and winning. Sports has always had a role as a key distraction that corrals tribal tendencies into a non-important event, which in modern America has reached ridiculous proportions where protests will break out over a sport celebrity leaving their city, but essential human issues such as liberty are giggled away as inconsequential."





"What do sports fans (sheep) contribute to society? The typical sports fan is an idiot who stacks pallets for a living or lifts boxes for $7.00 an hour. If you ask him about an author, (the guys who write books), he'd probably stand there with his mouth agape. Sports haters are more likely to be educated and goal oriented than your typical fat, potato chip inhaling, beer guzzling, wife-beating, low IQ sports worshipping MORON."





"I remember when the towers were attacked (911) and the television announced, by scroll, that baseball season would be postponed for two weeks. Some moron at work couldn't understand why baseball was put on hold and he bitched all day on America's Worst Day. 3,000 Americans burned to death, were crushed and fell to their deaths but this sports nut still wanted his stupid baseball. It's amazing how shallow sports fans are. Pathetic. Shame on you simple sports nuts."









"I believe sports to be distraction from who we really are. It s a way of separating us from the understanding that, we are all one. We are inundated with competition from reality shows on T.V. to the business world, in schools, commercials and advertisements to the wars now being fought in foreign countries. Sports as I see it, is the unseen war against creativity and individual expression. It s us against them and I believe it to be deliberate. Distract people from whom they really are and keep them in the herd mentality so they can be more easily controlled. Athletes are given outrageous amounts of money to entice the younger ones into the illusion of this ridicules Neanderthal way of thinking and competing. Wake up people!"







"Living in the cultural backwater known as Arkansas, I was relieved to discover that there are others who feel as I do. Seems to me that sports in general are akin to religion in that one need not think too much to follow it. School test scores are at an all time low in my state while educational institutions are spending millions on athelitic programs. Our priorities are misplaced at best. Or are they? Someone infamous once said: "How fortunate for governments that people do not think."






"I can't believe all the big fuckin fuss about these sports fans. I'm from Pittsburgh and everybody always talks about the idiot steelers winning the superbowl couple years back. There losers need to stop worshipping men wearing tight pants in a stadium (an idiot-base i call it) and help real people with real problems."







"I hate sports. I always have and I always will. For fear of retaliation from my family, who are HUGE sportsfans, I choose to remain anonymous. You see, I am married to a man who literally worships sports. In the fall, I am a football widow. Between the U of M games, the Lions Games, and the countdown to Superbowl, I never have any quality time with my husband. Then, when Pistons Basketball is on, he is watching that too. Then Redwings Hockey comes along, then Tiger's baseball. Oh, and then there is soccer. In the summer, there is golf and tennis---can you say BORING! I hate being married to a sports junkie and no, I didn't know he was like this when we married---he wasn't honest and hid his addiction to sports. Also, keep in mind that that he watches and attends sporting event WHILE working around his Spring and Fall fishing and hunting trips as well. SPORTS SUCK! Also, I am SICK of sports interfering with my holiday dinners and events that I have worked hard to plan. Are there any REAL men out there who value more important things in life such as quality time with their families????"
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:12 pm

leavingusa wrote:When that shit comes on the TV my mind instantly turns off.

I wish I could understand what's going on in people's heads when they get excited about games they are not involved in. I think it boils down to stupidity. I notice most of them are simple minded and lack ability to think as an individual. They take comfort in being part of a collective which is the hallmark of a weakling. We won, we won! No you did't win anything, you paid money to watch someone else win and get rich.

Not necessarily incompetent, many are able to perform complex tasks (rote memorization) but they'd have to fall down a well to have a deep thought. If they had brains the same questions would undoubtedly occur to them.

And lastly, most of them are so out of shape it's pathetic. Funny how a man who lifts weights and has a 300lb bench press is gay but a sports fan with a huge gut and no upper body strenght is a real man.



+1
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:44 pm

S_Parc wrote:Fellows ... honestly, unless you're really intent on never socializing in the USA, it's not a bad idea to follow one sport. C'mon, there has to be something out there which is interesting to you.


As far as myself, I'm a sprinter and I'm into powerlifting, and for the last 8 years I have trained ALONE because after collage, most American men give up competitive sports unless they secure contract to play professionally or they some how work in the fitness industry (i.e., personal trainer)

Anyhow, the bigger question should be: Why don't Western men after the ages of 25 continue to PLAY a sport to stay fit and healthy?



It's sad really, in other cultures grown men regularity engage in sports such as cricket, fencing, wrestling, or some type of horsemanship competitions. But here in the States, guys RETIRE after HS/collage and think it's normal to be in the prime years of their lives sitting around drinking beer while they watch other men have fun playing a game they are able to play themselves.

This is why I have much respect for the Maori/Samoan culture, men spend time with each other pushing each other to be strong and masculine all the way into old age.


Image
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:55 pm

onezero4u wrote:well if youre a normal american guy, you played sports and idolized pro-athletes as a kid, usually from your home team.
it was fun to play the game and also watch the pros play at that higher level.

theres nothing wrong with pro sports as an entertainment medium....just like most movies arent important either but its a fun 90 minute diversion as well.

I think ESPN really takes things to an extreme were people are inclined to be fanatical on teams, players, or fantasy leagues etc. (get a life ! folks)
as a hobby, a hardcore sports spectator is pretty worthless.

however, i still like to play sports and enjoy a good competive pro-game, usually football or NBA at playoff time.

of course....Woman professional sports are godam disgraceful...purely for lesbians and push the "equality" agenda
didja know that the NBA pays a huge subsidy out of its profit to offset the WNBAs year after year money losing league
????


anyhow,
Da Bears!!



Really? BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!



I will say though, I would never mess around with a female martial artist (especially from Japan/China). Back in the day those girls use to train very hard to be able to defend themselves and their family when their husbands went away. Those women learned how to make a weapon out of anything and would be able to use it to kill you.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:59 pm

PunyBEAST wrote:IMHO watching professional sports is the worst use of free time possible. If most guys cut their sports watching by a half and invested in themselves with that saved time, the consider all the possibilities after a year if they devoted themselves to a particular goal. They could

(1) be highly proficient in another language -or-
(2) know how to play a musical instrument at moderate proficiency -or-
(3) be in great shape -or-
(4) be very knowledgeable about a particular topic -or-
(5) have helped a cause via volunteering -or-
(6) many others, as well as any combination of the above.

But instead, they choose to rot away with their disgusting food and nasty beer watching a bunch of fatasses running into each other or watching cars drive in circles for hours. I'm not opposed to going to the game once in a while with buddies, or catching the occasional game here and there, but some of these guys that watch sports for >10 hours per week really need to think about what they are missing.


Yep, I agree. My former buddy was one of these guys at the age of 30 and he even extended it to playing sports video games when he was not actually watching sports.

And what is he doing today at 34? 2 kids, working 2 dead jobs, no collage degree and miserable because there is no escape. But hay, at least he can give you a statistical breakdown of every team in the NFL!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Think Different wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I enjoy the occasional home town team on TV when I get the chance, but I have noticed that married men tend to soothe their misery by immersing themselves in college football all day Saturday and pro football all day Sunday.

Sports for these addicts is relief from nagging wives and husband responsibilities.

Overindulging in sports fanaticism is indicative of a larger problem in a man's life. Knowing what I know, who can blame them?


Trouble is, that now women have invaded the men's last refuge: the sports arena. Now the women are there, changing the dynamic, feminizing it, making it more "family-friendly", etc. At least in America, men have unwittingly handed their feminist controllers another coup.

This escaping from the wife idea is another reason why men in America work so many long hours at the office. I've had good conversations with some who flat out told me that they dread having to go home and see the battle axe, so they "hide" at work, as long as they can.



Spot on! Have you seen the average gym lately? Since the mid 1990's they have been changing over to accommodating women and the weight loss market.

And personally I find these women retarded because all they need to do is jog on a track outside where they could get a tan, loose weight, and get fresh air FOR FREE!

As far as the hardcore gyms that cater to men, many are now underground where men chose to workout in warehouses or in garages. The newer gyms simply don't want guys like us in them and they let it known.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6OrO1f610



Hell yea, look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umFtq_GO ... re=related
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby S_Parc » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:48 pm

NorthAmericanguy wrote:As far as myself, I'm a sprinter and I'm into powerlifting, and for the last 8 years I have trained ALONE because after collage, most American men give up competitive sports unless they secure contract to play professionally or they some how work in the fitness industry (i.e., personal trainer)

Anyhow, the bigger question should be: Why don't Western men after the ages of 25 continue to PLAY a sport to stay fit and healthy?

It's sad really, in other cultures grown men regularity engage in sports such as cricket, fencing, wrestling, or some type of horsemanship competitions. But here in the States, guys RETIRE after HS/collage and think it's normal to be in the prime years of their lives sitting around drinking beer while they watch other men have fun playing a game they are able to play themselves.


To some extent, actual *sports* has become special interest groups. So while there are American Martial Arts Dojos, YMCA basketball teams, etc, these are more like a special interest sector than a mainstream group.

I guess the problem is that AWs have infiltrated the mainstay hiking, rock climbing, and kayaking associations to the point where men get neutered by hanging out in them.

Thus, your plan of self-training actually works out better than in joining a group. I presume you could join a corporate sponsored Crew Team and gain some camaraderie. That is until the team is broken up by the wives of your teammates :wink:
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Postby odbo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:37 am

Last edited by odbo on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby leavingusa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Yes martial arts is defintely not mainstream. It's seen as something for kids or nerds who are afraid of bullies.

I get shit all the time for my bodybuilding even from other guys who supposedly lift weights but they do it like a cardio monkey and never gain any mass.

At the gyms they always play that Bruno Mars crap when I'm trying to do some 275lb barbell rows listening to this loser whine about how he wants to be rich or he don't want to do nothing today.

I'm like get a job faggot, how am I supposed to lift this heavy ass weight listening to this whiny freak. It's a hazard to be under a weight that could crush me listening to music that tells me to give up.

This is in GOLD'S GYM, the former mecca of bodybuilding is now taken over by women and wimps.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:24 pm

PunyBEAST wrote:IMHO watching professional sports is the worst use of free time possible. If most guys cut their sports watching by a half and invested in themselves with that saved time, the consider all the possibilities after a year if they devoted themselves to a particular goal. They could

(1) be highly proficient in another language -or-
(2) know how to play a musical instrument at moderate proficiency -or-
(3) be in great shape -or-
(4) be very knowledgeable about a particular topic -or-
(5) have helped a cause via volunteering -or-
(6) many others, as well as any combination of the above.

But instead, they choose to rot away with their disgusting food and nasty beer watching a bunch of fatasses running into each other or watching cars drive in circles for hours. I'm not opposed to going to the game once in a while with buddies, or catching the occasional game here and there, but some of these guys that watch sports for >10 hours per week really need to think about what they are missing.


(1) For what? If I wanted to spend much of my time talking to people that speak Spanish, then I would do it. However I really don't want too. No need to learn another language unless you're going to spending much time talking to native speakers.

(2) I DJ, that's plenty, others in my family can play the piano
(3) I'm roughly 10-15lbs overweight, I will work on that. However wearing clothes you can not tell.
(4) See my threads
(5) Done so
(6) I Do so

I'm not missing much... 10 hours +? Hmmm, let's see just this weekend was Petit Le Mans a race 394 laps or 10 hours which ever comes first. The race ran just about 9 hours, 20 mins. I watched a majority of (8+ hours) and then focused on College Football! On Sunday I found out that we would see the Raider game on TV here in Los Angeles as the Raiders were sold out, but the Chargers were not.

So maybe 15-16 hours of Sports just this weekend. After much of the sport activity stopped, I turned to watching the Live Stream of #Occupy Wall St, along with researching Aquaponics because veggies and some fruits can be planted and harvested in less than 90 days in many cases.

I am still researching my upcoming series of post/thread about Black Men/White Women and figuring out accommodation for my upcoming trip to Europe.

I want information (I want data), knowledge is power.

I can still watch my sports and be a productive member of society.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:02 pm

leavingusa wrote:Yes martial arts is defintely not mainstream. It's seen as something for kids or nerds who are afraid of bullies.

I get shit all the time for my bodybuilding even from other guys who supposedly lift weights but they do it like a cardio monkey and never gain any mass.

At the gyms they always play that Bruno Mars crap when I'm trying to do some 275lb barbell rows listening to this loser whine about how he wants to be rich or he don't want to do nothing today.

I'm like get a job faggot, how am I supposed to lift this heavy ass weight listening to this whiny freak. It's a hazard to be under a weight that could crush me listening to music that tells me to give up.

This is in GOLD'S GYM, the former mecca of bodybuilding is now taken over by women and wimps.



What happen to Gold's GYM over the years is really sad. I went to one GG around my area and 80% of the equipment was cardio machines and hammer crap. A little small area was left over for the real weights and not too many people used that area.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot], Yohan and 5 guests