Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Amanda Knox - Is she innocent or guilty of murder abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Do you think Amanda Knox is innocent or guilty?

She is guilty!
88%
She is innocent.
13%
Undecided/Unsure
No votes

Total votes : 8

Amanda Knox - Is she innocent or guilty of murder abroad?

Postby dreamer82 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:19 am

For any of you following the latest dramatic news, what do you think of her? She looks like she's a spoiled brat. Do you think she did it? I think she had something to do with it or she wouldn't lie. What if she's innocent?

Apparently, Perugia, Italy is a party town. British girls giggle while American girls are a little more aggressive, says this article.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/03/22/perugia-is-not-for-the-weak.html
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

Re: Amanda Knox - Do you think she's innocent or guilty?

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:13 am

Do you all think amanda knox is guilty or innocent? Shes an American girl from seattle who went to Italy to be happier abroad. But ended up getting arrested and convicted for her roommate's murder and spent four years in prison before being released on appeal.

I saw some great neutral documentaries about her recently that present the objective facts from both sides. Including the new Netflix documentary that a friend recommended. See below.

48 hours documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0CTD8cvbE

BBC documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erla7Ley4Tw

More videos about the amanda knox case here.

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=amanda%20knox&sm=3

In my opinion, both amanda and her Italian boyfriend appear to be innocent and not the type that would murder. They had no motive to murder. And they appear to be intelligent, articulate and sincere.

However their stories contain lies and contradictions and they changed their stories several times, even when not under the abuse of brutal police interrogation. Thats very suspicious. And amanda also falsely accused her boss who was innocent too.

So i think even if they are guilty, they were probably intoxicated by drugs or alcohol and did not deliberately intend to murder the girl. Their judgment must have been impaired.

But the other black african guy whose DNA was found all over the crime scene, rudy guede, was definitely guilty.

Also the murder took place Halloween night, which some say is a pagan or demonic holiday, so many there was a satanic cult involved. Who knows.

What do you all think? Any of you study this case? Its very intriguing and has all the elements of a riveting tabloid story.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Amanda Knox - Do you think she's innocent or guilty?

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:18 am

Here is amanda knoxs interview with diane sawyer on ABC. Wow she looks hot with makeup and long hair. I wish i could do her. And she sounds very intelligent, sincere and articulate too.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Amanda Knox - Is she innocent or guilty?

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:25 am

Trailer for the new amanda knox film from netflix below. I saw it and its pretty good.

Another trailer.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:30 am

Alright lets do a poll. I created one above. Cast your vote whether you think shes guilty or innocent. But before you vote, please watch one of the documentaries above first so you can familiarize yourself with the facts and events of the case first. I'll set the poll to allow re-voting too, in case you change your mind at any point during your research.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:12 am

Guilty as sin.

Why? Well, if you finger an innocent man who was later exonerated with an alibi, you are hiding your own culpability. Knox did just that.

Also, her body language and facial expression indicated deception whenever she was interviewed.

Finally, jealousy motive and opportunity were there also.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:20 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Guilty as sin.

Why? Well, if you finger an innocent man who was later exonerated with an alibi, you are hiding your own culpability. Knox did just that.

Also, her body language and facial expression indicated deception whenever she was interviewed.

But she claims that the police interrogated her and abused her and hit her for 50 hours. So she broke down and was forced to tell them what they wanted to hear. And they were asking about a text she sent to her boss saying "see you later".

But how did the police catch that text but not the one before it? She claims the text before it came from her boss telling her not to go to work. But why didnt the police find that? Did her boss admit to sending her a text telling her not to go to work that night? Thats not been addressed.

It is suspicious anyway for her to accuse an innocent man. And she also nods to diane sawyer when she says no. When i say no i usually shake my head, not nod.

But what would be the motive? Amanda was not jealous of her roommate. She had no reason to be. They simply had different habits.

Btw just wondering, does your bias against american women color your judgement on whether shes guilty or not?

It seems that most of the general public think shes guilty. But the American news media think shes innocent.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Winston wrote:But she claims that the police interrogated her and abused her and hit her for 50 hours. So she broke down and was forced to tell them what they wanted to hear.

Nope. It does not add up. If she were hit for 50 hours, where are the photos of the bruises and injuries? Also, how does she figure the police want her to falsely accuse another man? She did that of her own accord and the police wasted time and energy arresting the poor man who was later exonerated and released. It does not add up.

Winston wrote:Btw just wondering, does your bias against american women color your judgement on whether shes guilty or not?

Women with cluster B personality disorders, when confronted with accountability, often engage in DARVO, (Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender) which is what she did in textbook fashion. You seem to have fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.... I am biased against these types of women (Narcissists, Histrionics, Borderlines, etc) who can be of any nationality.

Winston wrote:But what would be the motive? Amanda was not jealous of her roommate. She had no reason to be. They simply had different habits.

I get the motive of Amanda wanting the girl "out of the way" judging from the cartwheels and splits and giggling she was doing while waiting to be interviewed by authorities.

Amanda Knox was responsible for the death of that girl. The question is one of fulfilling the burden of proof which was difficult to achieve.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby jamesbond » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Guilty as sin.

I remember when this story first came out, I thought she was guilty as sin back then, I still believe she committed the murder. Her body language speaks volumes regarding her guilt.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby gsjackson » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:17 pm

I was never sure about this case, but after watching the first two videos -- yeah, guilty. I don't know if the evidence presented at trial reached the beyond-a-reasonable-doubt standard, but my sense is these were two very f*cked up kids, who probably did it.

As far as motive goes, the tension between the two girls explains enough. Knox was a degenerate -- or "exploring her sexuality," as they like to say these days -- and Kercher was perceived as judging her. Knox had been raised as a strict Catholic, and did not like this revisitation, in the form of Kercher, of her Catholic conscience, which American culture had long since told her could be dispensed with. I think CE has the relevant personality disorders nailed.

I suspect the final court verdict was political. American presstitutes had depicted Knox as innocent American victim of irrational foreigners, the Obama administration had made clear they wouldn't extradict her, and the Italian court just decided to make the case go away.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Re: Amanda Knox - Is she innocent or guilty of murder abroad

Postby gsjackson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:51 am

After looking at more evidence -- yeah, guilty as sin. The prosecution even produced a store owner saying that Knox had showed up as soon as the store opened that morning to buy cleaning equipment.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby Nailer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:02 am

The Pacific Northwest is full of psychopaths.
Coming back to life.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:33 pm

I haven't heard enough of the Italian's evidence. It seems the real thing is that she lied. But for what reason did she lie? What is the evidence that was so compelling that she would have to lie?

So she's lying because she's guilty, by logic, right? But what is the evidence of her guilt?

No doubt she's a whore though, by having intercourse with three random dudes in under one week of being in a foreign country, and she wasn't even a prostitute. Maybe that's why. In conservative places among older people, some American whore coming by having sex with three dudes in one week, well of course they think she murdered her roommate in a sex game. They already think she's a super whore just by having had intercourse with three men for free in one week, without being a prostitute. Some people might surmise that if she's a whore, she's filled with all evil, and not simply just a whore.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby gsjackson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Some of the evidence: Footprints that matched hers and Sollecito's were found tracked through the blood. Her DNA and Kercher's was found in one of those footprints, as well as on a knife in Sollecito's apt. that could have been the murder weapon. Sollecito concocted a bullshit story about the knife -- Kercher being over at his place to cook -- but later retracted it. Sollecito's DNA was found on Kercher's bra clasp.

The perpetrator staged a phony break-in that was obvious to police. The only reason for doing that is to deflect attention from someone who had access to the house. Knox was the only one in town at the time who had access to the house.

The guy convicted of the crime, Guede, who was clearly at the scene, said that Knox and Sollecito were there and committed the murder. Investigators concluded from the crime scene evidence that it could not have been committed by only one person. Contrary to the propaganda spread by Knox's PR firm, Guede was not a drug-dealing drifter. He had lived in Perugia since age 5, had an apt. nearby, and had no criminal record. Knox did have her drug dealer on speed dial, but it was someone else.

And talk about an alibi not holding up. First it was that she had slept at Sollecito's until 10:30 A.M. As soon as Sollecito backtracked a bit on this, she came up with the story of being at the scene with her boss, who committed the murder -- a pure fabrication that took the cops two weeks to get sorted out. This fabrication was not coerced in any way, as Knox later claimed. The interview lasted 2 hrs and 15 minutes, she had a translator, was offered food and drink. Then when her boss was exonerated she went back to the sleeping in story, which was contradicted by phone and computer records, as well as by the store owner who sold her cleaning supplies the minute the store opened on the morning of the murders.

Further going to motive, Kercher had withdrawn a large sum of cash that day for rent, and suspected that Knox stole it. She may have accused Knox, justly or unjustly.

I had been taking Knox's continual histrionics in talking about the case as indicative of trauma and sincerity. I now think CE and jamesbond are on the money -- this girl is play acting. She's a psychopath..
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby Adama » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:36 pm

gsjackson wrote:Some of the evidence: Footprints that matched hers and Sollecito's were found tracked through the blood. Her DNA and Kercher's was found in one of those footprints, as well as on a knife in Sollecito's apt. that could have been the murder weapon. Sollecito concocted a bullshit story about the knife -- Kercher being over at his place to cook -- but later retracted it. Sollecito's DNA was found on Kercher's bra clasp.

The perpetrator staged a phony break-in that was obvious to police. The only reason for doing that is to deflect attention from someone who had access to the house. Knox was the only one in town at the time who had access to the house.

The guy convicted of the crime, Guede, who was clearly at the scene, said that Knox and Sollecito were there and committed the murder. Investigators concluded from the crime scene evidence that it could not have been committed by only one person. Contrary to the propaganda spread by Knox's PR firm, Guede was not a drug-dealing drifter. He had lived in Perugia since age 5, had an apt. nearby, and had no criminal record. Knox did have her drug dealer on speed dial, but it was someone else.

And talk about an alibi not holding up. First it was that she had slept at Sollecito's until 10:30 A.M. As soon as Sollecito backtracked a bit on this, she came up with the story of being at the scene with her boss, who committed the murder -- a pure fabrication that took the cops two weeks to get sorted out. This fabrication was not coerced in any way, as Knox later claimed. The interview lasted 2 hrs and 15 minutes, she had a translator, was offered food and drink. Then when her boss was exonerated she went back to the sleeping in story, which was contradicted by phone and computer records, as well as by the store owner who sold her cleaning supplies the minute the store opened on the morning of the murders.

Further going to motive, Kercher had withdrawn a large sum of cash that day for rent, and suspected that Knox stole it. She may have accused Knox, justly or unjustly.

I had been taking Knox's continual histrionics in talking about the case as indicative of trauma and sincerity. I now think CE and jamesbond are on the money -- this girl is play acting. She's a psychopath..

Thanks for filling in the details.

I think that may be the case too. Just from reading some of her statements about her flashbacks and dreams, it makes it sound like she's insane, not being able to distinguish her dreams from reality. That is an untrustworthy person with some serious issues.

I wonder if the three of them wanted to include Kercher, but she refused and then they decided to murder her instead.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions