Best Martial Art to get into

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
notfeelinusa2
Freshman Poster

Best Martial Art to get into

Post by notfeelinusa2 »

Im looking for a martial art to get into that is will teach me discipline, be challenging yet not impossible, and also really help me in a street fight. I also am looking for a martial art where Im not going to be taught and surrounded by a bunch of UFC/Tapout tools, but really dedicated people. I am also curious to hear from people who have actually lived in Asia for their perspective. Thanks.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

oiltradingacademy
Freshman Poster

Re: Best Martial Art to get into

Post by oiltradingacademy »

notfeelinusa2 wrote:Im looking for a martial art to get into that is will teach me discipline, be challenging yet not impossible, and also really help me in a street fight. I also am looking for a martial art where Im not going to be taught and surrounded by a bunch of tools, but really dedicated people. I am also curious to hear from people who have actually lived in Asia for their perspective. Thanks.

I have trained in martial arts since I was 5, my Dad was an Instructor. I trained in Kenpo, but when I was 16 I started training with a friend of mine in Tae Kwon Do.....

Now you could say if I were to get into a fight, I would use Jeet Kune Do, which is Bruce Lee's style, it means "the way of the intercepting fist", it's an advanced form of martial arts requiring great speed and skill, but when used properly it is very effective.

It's hard to say which one would be best for you, Tae Kwon Do is about 70% feet, so a lot of kicking which in a real fight is not recommended....

Kenpo is a very deadly martial arts, it's about 70% hands with 30% low kicks, nothing above the waist really except for an occasion inward and outward pinion kick. But it's very good for real fighting.....

Jeet Kune Do is a very advanced system, basically when a person throws a punch you intercept this punch with a block and you also at the same exact time hit, no delay, you block and hit at the same time intercepting the persons attack, it is extremely effective.

If you want even more deadly, watch this:

That is called Wing Chun, and it was what Bruce Lee trained in all his life, it is super deadly and will end the fight in seconds.....

I guess it depends on what you're looking for.....
Futures markets are controlled by a computer program!

http://www.oiltradingacademy.com

David
oiltradingacademy
Freshman Poster

A little test for those who would like to see how well they can think out of the box, let me give you the following scenario.

Let's say you're living in a house in California, and one day you awake and find there is a fire, and you cannot go out the door because of the fire, and there are no windows in this room, how would you get out of this situation? What could you do to escape?

David
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

its got to be Bruce lee's ( chinese name is Lee chou long ) jeet kune do. start from there. because the foundation and philosophy allows you to express your self to your fullest. so you CAN be a perfect martial artist.

go here and learn from bruce lee's student Jerry Poteet:

if you want to learn more then check out Jerry Poteet's website here:

http://www.jpjkd.com/

here is another of Bruce lee's student Ted Wong:

ted wong taught THIS guy A MUST SEE !!! INCREDIBLE SPEED :

this is all bruce lee's stuff jeet kune do.

hope this helps you along your journey :D
oiltradingacademy
Freshman Poster

You could also do various forms of martial arts which employs various forms of wrist locks such as these:

This is very useful to know, because most of the time when you get into a fight you really don't want to hurt the other person very badly.

For instance, when I trained under my Dad, guess what we learned? How to rip out eyes, how to rip out throats, that sort of thing. That's great if you truly want to hurt the other person really badly, but not so good if you don't.

Jeet Kune Do is also very effective for not hurting somebody badly because usually when you use it, from the other persons perspective, they had no idea what just happen so they are stunned, they don't know what to make of what just happen, from their perspective they were throwing a punch at you full speed and the next thing they knew they got hit in the face. This usually effectively stops most people in their tracks because they realize they are way out of their league in this fight.

But Jeet Kune Do cannot be done by a beginner, it takes time to get good enough at it where you would be able to truly fight with it.

Wrist locks can be learned very easily and very quickly, and they are extremely effective, and you can get the other person under control and keep them there for as long as you want, perhaps just keeping the situation under control, or if you prefer you could easily break their wrist.

I think the best thing to do is to train in all of these forms and more, and learn something from each of them, and take what really works well and use it.

David
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

There is no wholesale "best" martial art in which to engage. The trick is to find which arts maximize your personal characteristics the best. What is good for a lanky, slender male might not befit a stocky, hulking, slower moving male.

With that in mind, kung fu is a series of martial arts that focus on different styles many of which mimic animal fighting. With kung fu a small thin guy you might benefit from learning a cocktail of snake and wing chun, while the big guy might focus on tiger. Kung fu is the original MMA.

Speaking of MMA, I am a fan of Muy Thai, and grappling Jujitsu for protecting oneself. There is the practical aspect of sparring and striking to harden connective tissue and build bone and the confidence one gets from the training is unsurpassed. Contemporary MMA is not focused on form routines and earning belt colors, but you will be able to handle your business.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

If you are going to Japan, Judo.

If you are going to Brasil, MMA

If you are going to the Filipines, Escrima

Russia? Systema

Israel? Krav Maga

Try to fit in.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why not Kung Fu? That is supposedly the best and oldest martial art, and the most complex too.

It's really hard to find a place that teaches Jeet Kune Do. Very few places teach that and very few people are qualified to teach that.

Karate is easy to learn, but isn't as effective or flexible as Kung Fu.

Wing Chun is good for women or people who aren't that strong. That's what it was designed for.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

oiltradingacademy wrote:A little test for those who would like to see how well they can think out of the box, let me give you the following scenario.

Let's say you're living in a house in California, and one day you awake and find there is a fire, and you cannot go out the door because of the fire, and there are no windows in this room, how would you get out of this situation? What could you do to escape?
You can try to go upstairs and jump down from there, or go into the basement. However, California homes don't usually have basements. Why did you choose California?

You can also wet all your clothes with water, which will protect you from fire for a while, while you run through the front door. If you run through the door fast enough, the fire might not get you.

Or you can grab a bucket and fill it with water to try to put out the fire around the front door.

Or you can call 911.

What is your solution?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

dude winston, why'd you ask him a bunch of questions right before banning him. That's idiotic. A banned member can't log in and answer you! You did the same shit to me. You couldn't contain your rage and wait a few more hours? Also you should notify members that they're about to get permanently banned to avoid creating disgruntled haters and bad karma. The way you did it is so American. Instead of telling people to their face, American employers like to call them on Friday night "Oh by the way, no big deal or anything, but you're fired." Or they don't even tell you, just change the locks or something. Come Monday morning.. surprise!

Corporate consultants will tell you it's the best way to defuse the situation. Hardly! That kind of shit leads to work-place shootings. If you don't treat people like human beings, don't be surprised when they start acting like wild animals.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I recommend Shotokan Karate, which I have been practicing for about 30 years. It is Japanese Karate. The Japanese are no nonsense and teach you the basics. Shotokan emphasizes stability, stance, and power. They will drill you until you can do it without thinking. I studied under Master Nishiyama, who was a student of Master Funakoshi - the man who actually coined the word "Karate". His philosophy was "one punch, one kill" - a perfect fight only has one blow and its over. Japanese Karate is the best if you want to develop power and strength and you already understand that flashy moves don't work in a real fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidetaka_Nishiyama
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

odbo wrote:dude winston, why'd you ask him a bunch of questions right before banning him. That's idiotic. A banned member can't log in and answer you! You did the same shit to me. You couldn't contain your rage and wait a few more hours? Also you should notify members that they're about to get permanently banned to avoid creating disgruntled haters and bad karma. The way you did it is so American. Instead of telling people to their face, American employers like to call them on Friday night "Oh by the way, no big deal or anything, but you're fired." Or they don't even tell you, just change the locks or something. Come Monday morning.. surprise!

Corporate consultants will tell you it's the best way to defuse the situation. Hardly! That kind of shit leads to work-place shootings. If you don't treat people like human beings, don't be surprised when they start acting like wild animals.

I DID give him many warnings. Didn't you see them in that thread "I broke up with my fiance"? OTA just laughed at them. But yeah, maybe I should have PMed him. But everyone here agrees, he was hopeless and deluded and violent too. I don't think he could be reasoned with. If you want, I'll email him and give him another chance, if he promises to comply with certain rules. Also, he told me to delete his profile here, remember? He said he didn't want to be associated with us any longer. Remember? It's in his post in that thread.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Well then delete his avatar and signature and change his name to oiltradingschool or something but don't simply erase all his posts. They're good comedy material for when people like Grunt come back.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

The best martial art is only as good as your physical conditioning and cardio. It you can't breath or lift your arms you can't defend yourself or fight back. Adrenaline eats cardio. I in believe a good foundation of boxing or Muy Thai and wrestling or bjj. Good conditioning and these skills would make you a hard target.
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
ODBOWeasel
Freshman Poster

ODBO is a Weasel

Post by ODBOWeasel »

odbo wrote:Well then delete his avatar and signature and change his name to oiltradingschool or something but don't simply erase all his posts. They're good comedy material for when people like Grunt come back.

You crack me up ODBO. Do you know what you are? You sir are what's called a Weasel, you are the worst kind of person there is in this world, you play both sides of the coin, you are a sheep to every side. You hunger for attention and play up to everyone, sending private messages over and over again, speaking behind everyones back, you are a disgusting human being, make no mistake about that sir.....

As far as Winston goes, what a first class retard this guy is, I told him he cannot ban me, I have hundreds of IP's from all over the world, I can come onto this board as much as I want whenever I want and nobody can stop me unless you make it so that no new members can join.

But from what I've seen on this board, you guys are the laughing stock of the world, you cannot imagine what sheep you guys are, and what filth you guys are, I would never want to associate myself with any of you, I would rather have a pig as a friend, in fact, you guys make pigs look clean.

What's funny is how jealous all of you are of me, you know it and I know it, so you can me stupid and a scam, showing what low class human beings you are, and yet I know more than your little pea brains are capable of imagining let alone comprehending.

But so is life, this world is filled with nothing but a bunch of sheep and followers, right off the cliff and they don't have the brainpower to understand, nor will you ever.......

I'm only here to set the record straight, I can come on here anytime I wish and nobody on this planet can do anything about it.....

And I'm here to inform all of you reading this post, watch out for ODBO, the man is a weasel, no wonder he cannot make it with women, women are too smart for guys like this, they see right through them and see their faults and the faults are too ugly for them to live with, and I don't blame them one bit, this ODBO guy is real slime, loves to speak behind peoples back, and any man who does that isn't a man at all, but a weasel posing as a man.....

Good luck to the board with your quest to find a decent women in this life......

Sincerely,

David
Oil Trading Academy