Going forward with K1 Fiance Visa plan with my Filipina

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

magnum wrote:I was referring to my self and my career, and I agree...I think just because you don't have a career doesn't mean you shouldn't be loved.

America has really did me in mentally I guess, I just don't see how a woman is going to leave her country for a guy without a career is all, I understand a relationship is what it comes down to, and the love for the person not how much money they make is the objective.

I just don't think that's as common as a trait as people think, it is sad how the man always has to bare the badge of shame for financial situations and the woman could be unemployed and it doesn't matter, but you flip that around, even if the man has high quality, and you're looking at a no win situation imo.

coming up soon I will be unemployed, I've been thinking of vagabonding, but I'm not quite sure where to do it, as I'm picky about what asian countries I want to take of to.

all the information here is all theoretical to me until I step off the plane and see it for my self, I can't afford to believe things are that much better just to find out it was all hype on a forum, it would kill what little soul I have left.

Good luck to the original poster and your wife to be, I'm glad someone beat the system!
If you mean a guy with no job can bring a woman back from another country? Depends on which country that is, but you have to make 120% over the Federal Poverty Line to even get a K-1 without sponsorship (about $22K a year) from usually your parent(s). If she is from a country that is on the Visa Waiver list, then you can back-door the system and no requirement at all. But you do have to pay roughly $1,000 in fees for all the paperwork to give her status in the US as a legal immigrant so she can work, if that's what you decide on.

My friend Tanya has her own little business. I am not sure what she was doing in Germany before or if she cashed out investments or retirement but she currently isn't working and her husband David does something here in LA, I'm just not sure what. The above scenario is her's.

Should I mention she's German and he's African-American?

Another German woman I know while she was married a Former US Servicemen she met while he was stationed in Germany, worked at a local Walmart in Houston.

I have no idea what some of you guys expect or you have some idealized vision of what your GF/Wife will be like and what she'll be doing but that is NOT the way you should look at it.

Its not hype but don't expect to get off the plane and meet with success, at least not without some effort on your part. I know because I while I had something put away, I was unprepared if all those things blew up in my face, which they did. I was playing by the seat of my pants in a unfamiliar country (ies) = Not Good.

I don't follow what goes on in Asian Women-Black Men circles, I am of the mindset if that's what you want, there plenty in California and Washington State you don't need to leave the country.
Last edited by djfourmoney on November 9th, 2011, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

djfourmoney wrote:
magnum wrote:You give me hope.

but I just don't see how a girl would want to date let alone hitch a man who doesn't have a career.

it would seem almost impossible unless she somehow fell rock hard in love with you, and I don't know that love that lasts can happen that quickly.

I'm looking for a pale skinned asian woman who doesn't mind evolving as a person WITH me as I live life, who doesn't require me to have it all, and wants to LIVE life with me and love me despite situation.

so far I've got 3k saved up..... but that's a long shot to aimlessly go to another country.

my friend invited me to head to taiwan with him and his dad seems like a good prospect for meeting women, but I don't know much about taiwan, and the cost doesn't seem worth it, he said it would be about 2k seems as though they are over paying for something.
Let me put this another way...

I think she is fairly certain that I will not make as much money as she would. She currently is finishing up her African Studies degree. There is not much of a job market for that sort of thing, so she is looking to become an Engineer as I said. A Network Admin makes about 45-50K a year US. An Engineer straight out of school makes about 50-60K.

Who said I didn't have a career? As I've seen several times, that is typical US thinking. Basically only people with jobs and a defined career path deserve a relationship. IE: Losers deserve to be single, its their fault after all...

I have changed careers (A+) but the job market I feel is crappy, there's no reason to jump into it ATM. I have found entry level IT positions in Europe... We'll see what happens.

She is not concerned, if she is willing to commit to guy in the Armed Forces who is not an Officer, what is that saying about this woman's mind set?

Your worth to her is YOU not what type of job you have and isn't this what we're fighting for on this forum?
so true,the brazilian men in my church don't really have solid stables careers but they still make it.most of them depend on construction which is unreliable during this time of the year so some hussle and start small businesses cleaning homes and still have beautiful women who stand by them. try getting an american women to do that.they work hard then send the kids to to further they're schooling so they don't have it as hard.and some of these men don't even speak english or not well enough to land them a ''career''.some of them own little mini markets or lanchonetes totally blue collar but they still have reliable women. this whole a man has got to wear a white collar thing is totally a western female mind set.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
DarrenFW
Freshman Poster

Post by DarrenFW »

magnum wrote:You give me hope.

but I just don't see how a girl would want to date let alone hitch a man who doesn't have a career.

it would seem almost impossible unless she somehow fell rock hard in love with you, and I don't know that love that lasts can happen that quickly.

I'm looking for a pale skinned asian woman who doesn't mind evolving as a person WITH me as I live life, who doesn't require me to have it all, and wants to LIVE life with me and love me despite situation.

so far I've got 3k saved up..... but that's a long shot to aimlessly go to another country.

my friend invited me to head to taiwan with him and his dad seems like a good prospect for meeting women, but I don't know much about taiwan, and the cost doesn't seem worth it, he said it would be about 2k seems as though they are over paying for something.
Brother,
I'm glad I can inspire you and be of some help. The career thing is not as important as making a certain amount so the government will grant you the K1 Visa. I think its $22k a year.

As far as the foreign ladies liking and loving a guy like you , well, leave that up to them. Tell the truth and be sincere.
Women love it when guys are honest, sincere and even passionate about what they feel. Of course, this is also a way to screen a woman. Because if she's not down with who you are, then its not going to work.

Having said that, there are plenty of girls in foreign countries that are lonely or who have been hurt by the guys in theiir countrties.
I can only speak about The Philippines as I have not been to anywhere else in the world except Western Europe.

And girls DO Fall in LOVE with you. There are many reasons for this but they will start fantasizing about being with you in the U.S. (I assume you're American correct me if I'm wrong).
Its more important to recognize the signs of when a girl really likes you than try to force a relationship.

What you have going in is that you know that as an American, you are:
- highly valued. (just by being from America)
- You are different (not sure what race you are but I assume you're not asian, like the girls you want)
- You are in a country where the females outnumber the males....even if not 100% true, the perception is there.

These factors make YOU A PRIZE.

Its a strange feeling. But its nice. Using the internet on the dating sites, you can literally line up dates at your hotel. This may sound alien to you... but I've done it.
Here in Fort Worth, Texas where I live, I could not get a date. I'm getting older. I'm a little fatter. And I'm not rich. So most women are not interested in me.

In the Philippines, and using technology; I am a real CATCH.

So by utilizing these factors, you become a sought after commodity. Its alot like selling something to a market. In one market, you can't sell but in another selling may be easier.

I can only speak from my own perspective, I apologize if this doesn't fit your experiences. You might be a Stud with the ladies. My results in America were not that great, even after doing some approaching and learnig some lines and tactics.

Try not to let your income affect your self esteem.Although this is important, don't let it throw you. Let the ladies decide what they like.
Check out my Blog and Website!
http://www.goglobaldating.com

Features FREE ebook, forum and good articles.
http://goglobaldating.com/forum/
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

@DarrenFW

you have gotta be the best poster here.

heh, you nailed just about everything on the head.

Thanks a lot for the advice and the hope, too often this place seems like doom and gloom and not enough postoperative conversation happens here, we are supposed to motivate each other, not demotivate.
Yeah I'm white, american, and my income is rather small but I am vary good at saving it, as I'm a minimalist besides a few hobbies I have.

I might have to pick a country and get a few dates lined up before even leaving, that way I'm assured at least a chance.

i'm still iffy on the country I want to visit, with my personal taste, I'd probably have to pick thailand or china, but I highly doubt I'd be getting as many girls from these places.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

magnum wrote:
i'm still iffy on the country I want to visit, with my personal taste, I'd probably have to pick thailand or china, but I highly doubt I'd be getting as many girls from these places.
You don't know for sure until you go. Just go and find out for yourself. It turns out to be shit at least you can reassure yourself that it was. However, most guys find out it's not what they think it is and their personality matches a particular region.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Well, I've dated a korean girl and a chinese girl.

I can tell you right now the korean girl was a total selfish child.

But the chinese girl....she made me feel like I had value as man and partner, something I'd never felt before.

She was from china, I don't remember what part, so I'm guessing I'm compatible with some chinese girls, at least based off of that.

I've always been curious about the japanese, but from what the guys say here, it's almost as bad as america.