Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Thoughts on Moderation in HappierAbroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby MrPeabody » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:47 am

S_Parc wrote:Falcon,

Once Winston and team kicked out the obvious trolls/ghouls like the psychotic OTA and the adolescent PF, the board has been fine.

There are very few who look at the USA as 100% bad, but if you look at it, from a polarized lighting p.o.v, if you're not a die-hard workaholic, media/race car/sports player, or such, the place resembles an apartheid system but in this case, it's a male and female caste orientation whereas the classical divides between race and ethnicity are more based upon convenience and location. This is quite a contrast from a century ago.

Therefore, by having a successful career, I've tuned out the American women around me and thus, have a good life. I can easily make a short day trip to Canada, for R&R, and be back for a busy week schedule. Can everyone else be as focused as me, to make their American life a viable way of being, as oppose to living abroad? Not sure there.


I agree. I think it is possible to live in America. I am doing well living in Mexico next to the border so that I can still have my bank and PO box in the states (and pick up things I can't get in Mexico) while avoiding the culture. For guys living in America, you can filter out at least 90 percent of the obnoxious culture by turning off the media. I haven't owned a TV in over 2 years and haven't been to a movie for one year. You can take advantage of the situation and use it for spiritual growth and meditation. However, if you find yourself getting angry and irritated than you are only suffering and will come out of the situation worse. As has been discussed here, it is possible for the average guy to leave (for example, the English teacher option). Just accept the fact that if you haven't left it's because something else is more important to you. If it were important enough you would leave. So accept your decision and find a way to be happy where you are.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm







Postby Grunt » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:03 pm

While living in Montana, my wife and I made it a point to visit Calgary, Alberta once a month. One of the things we both noted was the fact that the moment we crossed the border into Canada, it was like a heavy burden had been lifted off our shoulders. A great feeling of peace came over us as we drove the rural farmlands and approached the big city. I highly advise men to "unplug" from America at every given chance. It really does help you stay level headed.

And falcon, I enjoy you and your kind as well. I still honestly think you should be made a moderator. Although I think it will severely detract from your newfag credibility, you are free to upload pictures of your mythical Mexican girlfriend and generic pictures of the Mexico landscape. Since you have already provided an "easy out" by stating I will denounce your pictures, we may assume you have no intention, or ability for that matter, to produce said pictures. Thus, your newfagism is perfectly preserved. I suggest you up the ante by claiming you are the King of Mars next. In for a penny, in for a pound.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby Falcon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 pm

S_Parc wrote:Falcon,

Once Winston and team kicked out the obvious trolls/ghouls like the psychotic OTA and the adolescent PF, the board has been fine.

There are very few who look at the USA as 100% bad, but if you look at it, from a polarized lighting p.o.v, if you're not a die-hard workaholic, media/race car/sports player, or such, the place resembles an apartheid system but in this case, it's a male and female caste orientation whereas the classical divides between race and ethnicity are more based upon convenience and location. This is quite a contrast from a century ago.

Therefore, by having a successful career, I've tuned out the American women around me and thus, have a good life. I can easily make a short day trip to Canada, for R&R, and be back for a busy week schedule. Can everyone else be as focused as me, to make their American life a viable way of being, as oppose to living abroad? Not sure there.


Very good point. Thanks!

Rock said it really well, maybe even better than I could. That's all I was trying to say.

Biggest issues I have with this site sometimes:

1. Tendency to lump the world into America (which for some is an icon for the west) and abroad. America is hell and abroad is paradise. Its as if once you cross that American border, the world magically changes. Perhaps touting such a stark and simplistic contrast gets people's attention. But to anyone who thinks critically, it raises red flags. And it can create unrealistic expectations in those who totally buy into the key messages being sold here.

America has some huge problems and can be a type of social/work hell for many men. But randomly expatriating is not always the solution. First, part of the problem may be with the guys themselves. The American social climate in which they developed has stripped many of them of their masculinity. So when they go abroad, they may be further abused by the women they meet. Weak guys are at big risk of being used by opportunistic women the world over.

Many countries are more painful to live in for a regular guy than the US, even for those with some money. For example, I got to know deportees in Brazil and Haiti. Both of them had grown-up in the States as green card holders and were thrown out as young adults for crimes - one for killing someone in a car accident and the other for drug use. The new countries they live in had easy social environments and relatively friendly women. But both guys were miserable and just wanted to find a way back to the States, even though they had access to reasonable financial resources to enjoy their countries of birth. Of course, they were both localized and fluent in their own languages so they had no illusions about what was really going on around them. One of them ended up sneaking back into the States via Mexico. He would rather be an illegal in the States than a local in Brazil.

2. Too much ranting and not enough focus on specific detailed solutions. You know, on ISG, there is a section on American women. Its got dozens if not hundreds pages which go into great depth on how terrible American women are. I think about any relevant complaint or insult you could imagine is there, pretty exhaustive. That's probably as good an outlet as any to air frustrations about them. But for this site, I wish there was a little less ranting and more focus on creative solutions to specific problems - guys with no money, older guys, guys from a certain race (we do have some, I would just like more) and long term success testimonials which back-up some of these solutions. Lets see some guys score LT relationships with some of those hot girls from the various dating site sponsors which Winston often posts photos of. Obsessing to much on how bad American women are and how they've damaged you gives them power. Many may secretly feel good when they see how bad they've hurt you. I think a much more effective way to fight back is to act strong and aloof towards them while just voting with your feet - either by just leaving the States or dating only foreign women (FOB types from various 'good' countries or girls in say Mexico) and being very visible and vocal about it and how happy it makes you.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Postby Falcon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Grunt is hilarious. He believes everyone on HA is a "newfag" and enjoys so-called "trollbaiting." :lol:

See this thread.
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=11086

Man, my trollbaiting skillz are as good as ever.

You like this shit, winston? This is the true nature of your newfags.


Be sure to explore: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/sear ... thor=Grunt

Yadiyadiyadiya. At least Winston's reply to my post was extraordinarily civil and made logical sense.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:55 pm

MrPeabody wrote: I haven't owned a TV in over 2 years and haven't been to a movie for one year.


Same here, I gave up TV about 7 years ago, and the last time I went to the movies was to see 300. I do watch endless documentaries on how other people live around the world.

I will also add that I'm in many different homes on any given day and by far the most intelligent people I have met DON'T have a TV (or at the least it's off to the side such as in the kitchen) and usually they have some kind of library.

Conversely, when I have been inside the homes of your typical, idiotic, loud mouth American, their bookcases are filled with DVD's and video games, and a huge flat screen with sound surround and cable is the centerpiece of their living room.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby Falcon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:00 pm

Same here, I gave up TV about 7 years ago, and the last time I went to the movies was to see 300. I do watch endless documentaries on how other people live around the world.

I will also add that I'm in many different homes on any given day and by far the most intelligent people I have met DON'T have a TV (or at the least it's off to the side such as in the kitchen) and usually they have some kind of library.

Conversely, when I have been inside the homes of your typical, idiotic, loud mouth American, their bookcases are filled with DVD's and video games, and a huge flat screen with sound surround and cable is the centerpiece of their living room.


(Back on topic)
Ever since I went off to college, I never had a TV or any video game consoles, and am content with books and a basic computer. Neither do I go to the movies. I would prefer hiking, biking, and going to libraries.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Thoughts on Moderation in HappierAbroad

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Falcon wrote: (2) ABOUT THE UNITED STATES
- The United States is still one of the best places to live in the world. The education, freedom, social services, and ethnic diversity are still quite amazing, even though we've gone downhill quite a bit. That's why so many people moved here in the first place. True, all this comes at the cost of social estrangement. But everything has its upsides and downsides (and people don't agree on what the upsides and downsides are).
- According to Alexa, about 25% of all our site traffic is from South Asian countries such as Pakistan and India. South Asians males are very sexually frustrated as well due to the social dynamics there. Don't forget China, where the gender imbalance is incredibly bad. Many Western Europeans and Australians also just have it as bad as the Americans.
- Let me emphasize again: Make sure to mention the downsides of foreign countries! Paint a balanced picture. The "going abroad" solution is challenging, but rewarding; prepare accordingly, not according to unrealistic expectations.




Your post made me think about a random comment I was reading when I was researching moving to Panama:



"You “Americansâ€￾ are funny; you think the US is the best place on earth and complain about every single place you visit but living in the US is the one of the worst experiences someone could suffer…here everything is ruled and regulated and nothing works the way its supposed to. Police brutality and abuse exceeds even soviet times police repression; there’s no freedom to protest against anything as people who decide to protest publicly is brutally repressed by police and national guard; politics are among the most corrupt in the world as you can see almost everyday in the news; social security it works to pay elders expenses, contrary to real social security in latin american countries where social security means public assistance to the people; FEMA is a joke and gives money away to later realize they gave money to people hey were not supposed to; H1N1 vaccine doesn’t exist and when created, didn’t supply to one tenth of the population; policemen are paid to be taking care of workers while fixing a street and they shoot people without any fear nor remorse without substantial reason; there’s more racism here in the US than anywhere else…state and federal government spent money on stupid things like financing a new stadium for the losers Miami Dolphins or sending more money and troops to Afghanistan and Irak while poverty increases everyday in the US…you can see a lot of homeless living under the bridges in Miami and begging to drivers for money while police cars just are standing by to the American Airlines Arena messing up the traffic…USCIS rises their fees about 200% and still are “short on employeesâ€￾ and cases taking over 4 years to be done, when in the most of the cases shouldn’t take more than one or two…The US isn’t a country to be proud of…it is a country of lobbyists and this country is base only on marketability…no real values, no real history…a country build up by immigrants and that discriminate any immigrant even being that most brilliant minds in this country are foreigners, immigrants
Now, you say that living in Panama, or any other country but the US is beyond patience limits…you complain but love to live out of the US…the same as I do, about this country in decadence.
Just enjoy our countries and adapt yourself to our uses and costumes…or leave and go back to your country of origin…"
---Czeslaw


http://www.latinworld.com/2009/the-good ... panama.htm
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby odbo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:37 pm

Grunt wrote:While living in Montana, my wife and I made it a point to visit Calgary, Alberta once a month. One of the things we both noted was the fact that the moment we crossed the border into Canada, it was like a heavy burden had been lifted off our shoulders. A great feeling of peace came over us as we drove the rural farmlands and approached the big city. I highly advise men to "unplug" from America at every given chance. It really does help you stay level headed.

Dam and that's Montana too! I think there is definitely something to "energy fields". We are affected by the level of consciousness of the people around us. I don't think someone can show up in New York City and still retain the same outlook on life that they had out. The accumulated negative energy of all the people around you will pull you down. It's not only psychological it's physiological, there's something in the air.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby well-informed » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:33 am

Try walking to Times Square, NYC almost everyday watching people walking like zombies on their way to work. Seeing women's faces(30+) deteriorate with wrinkles and sadness as they get older. You can see it in their eyes how f***ing miserable and stressed they are about themselves and life. It's like the city sucks the living soul out of you. Then you see these happy foreign tourists to add insult to injury lol.
well-informed
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:46 am
Location: New York City

Postby Winston » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:48 am

Grunt wrote:I vote falcon be made a global moderator immediately. He makes no real mention of the comic ineptitude of the average America female. He also makes no real effort to highlight the massive benefit the average American man can expect from simply visiting a foreign nation. And lastly, he fully supports the concept of more talk, less action. All in all, falcon is the archtypical newfag. Fresh out of the newfag factory. Still has that newfag smell. When you add into it the fact that he just showed up only a few days ago, yet somehow feels entitled to issue a manifesto, you will see this is pure newfag gold. All hair falcon, king of the newfags!


Your post is highly illogical. First, why do vote for Falcon to be a moderator here if you think he is a fraud and newfag? That makes no sense. Second, he can post whatever he wants, as long as it isn't hostile to anyone else here, or contains nude pics. Third, he did post reasons about why foreign cultures and women benefit a Western man. Fourth, there is no evidence or logic in claiming that Falcon is "more talk and less action". Fifth, there is no valid reason to call him a "fag" since there is no logical reason to think that he's gay. Sixth, there is no reason to think that he can't issue a "manifesto" or "comparison points" just because he's new here.

NOTHING you said above, Grunt, makes sense. Can you try to use some basic logic or rational arguments sometimes? Geez. You have no logical reasons or evidence to make those claims. NONE whatsoever. Plus, you are being rude to him for no reason. That's inappropriate and NOT justified at all.

Think about it. What if you were new here? Should someone have the right to make false baseless accusations against you like that?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:56 am

Grunt wrote:While living in Montana, my wife and I made it a point to visit Calgary, Alberta once a month. One of the things we both noted was the fact that the moment we crossed the border into Canada, it was like a heavy burden had been lifted off our shoulders. A great feeling of peace came over us as we drove the rural farmlands and approached the big city. I highly advise men to "unplug" from America at every given chance. It really does help you stay level headed.

And falcon, I enjoy you and your kind as well. I still honestly think you should be made a moderator. Although I think it will severely detract from your newfag credibility, you are free to upload pictures of your mythical Mexican girlfriend and generic pictures of the Mexico landscape. Since you have already provided an "easy out" by stating I will denounce your pictures, we may assume you have no intention, or ability for that matter, to produce said pictures. Thus, your newfagism is perfectly preserved. I suggest you up the ante by claiming you are the King of Mars next. In for a penny, in for a pound.


Grunt, most posters here do not like to post pics of themselves or their foreign girlfriends. Why don't you post pics of yourself and your wife? Duh! Aren't you being hypocritical? Some people don't like posting their pics. There is nothing unusual about that. You are not being reasonable or fair at all. Falcon does not have to post pics if he doesn't want to. Also, nothing he said about suspicious or "too good to be true" either.

You appear to bully people for illogical and irrational reasons. Please lower your insanity and irrationality.

What if I said, "Grunt, please post pics of your wife. Otherwise, she doesn't exist!"? Would that be reasonable? Or just an attempt at starting a fight and accusing without evidence?

If you disagree with someone, then list some valid reasons for why you disagree, like this:

1.
2.
3.

Don't just insult him or call him names. That is not constructive and creates hostility and nothing good comes from that.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Grunt » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Uhm...winston, reality check dude.

Did I *ever* say falcon should be "banned"? Nope. In fact, I advocate just the *opposite*. I support falcon being made a moderator, and I am not joking when I say that. I have my reasons, though.

The concept of newfagism is not defined by me, personally. You see, there are these things society uses to define numeral value. As some here may or may not know, these things are called "numbers". I know, fascinating concept, but we can discuss that later.

Now, here is what the average person can do to spot the newfag. Look to the lower left, and you will see this: Joined: 09 Mar 2008. See those "number" thingies? Those tell you something important, but only if you are *not* a newfag. Newfags find it impossible to comprehend non-newfagism.

Overall, the two prime factors of newfag-ology are 1.) Joined: ???? > 2010, and an immediate post where the newfag expresses supreme knowledge of foreign culture but has in all likelihood never left moms basement.

Given the trend here over the past year or so, newfags-ism has become predominant. Therefore, I support banning anyone that has joined before 2011, and then promotion of all remaining newfags to moderator status. This forum must cater to its core audience, and take its place as a haven for newfag-osity.

I hope this clarifies my position.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Grunt
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 830
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Postby momopi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:28 am

Falcon wrote:
Same here, I gave up TV about 7 years ago, and the last time I went to the movies was to see 300. I do watch endless documentaries on how other people live around the world.
I will also add that I'm in many different homes on any given day and by far the most intelligent people I have met DON'T have a TV (or at the least it's off to the side such as in the kitchen) and usually they have some kind of library.
Conversely, when I have been inside the homes of your typical, idiotic, loud mouth American, their bookcases are filled with DVD's and video games, and a huge flat screen with sound surround and cable is the centerpiece of their living room.

(Back on topic)
Ever since I went off to college, I never had a TV or any video game consoles, and am content with books and a basic computer. Neither do I go to the movies. I would prefer hiking, biking, and going to libraries.


Years ago I meet an eclectic Japanese artist who kept an old small B&W TV at the house. He said that having a TV was good so he could watch a few programs that he really liked, but he disliked having the TV become the main focus of a room or home life. Thus, he choose a small B&W TV to reduce its impact on his home environment. I recall giving him my old Sony betamax VCR, but donno what he did with it.

Image


The one that he had, I think was made in 1980s and not as old as the one shown above. I suppose he was making a statement in his life, but these days it's becoming irreverent as everyone just log on to their laptops or tablets.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Free » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:11 am

As we progress the weeks and months in internetland, there are less and less places to freely talk. Everything has to be so PC & constricted these days.

I vote to keep the forum as it is. Some posts have bothered me but just borderline, such as very harsh vulgar language, and I ignored them. Not quite enough to cause a stink.
Where I would really draw the line is if anyone clearly posts anything outright illegal! Surely that calls for moderation. But otherwise, like decades ago in more free times, simply saying your opinions and even basic name-calling, big deal.

Will say it again, as each day goes on there are less and less places to freely speak.

Winston, I'd say just keep things as they are, until they take this site down.

It's understandable the original poster trying to better things in their mind, but in this day and age, the last thing we need is more control and moderation, filtering and PC ropes!
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
(Free)
Free
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 12:27 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests