Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


12 Reasons Why So Many Good Black Men Are Still Single

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby odbo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:52 am

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:For your information, I learned that little tidbit of information over the years. So what if I like playing "'faggoty' (as you put it) video games" in my spare time? So what if I am in college? So what if I learned that tidbit of information in college? You have your views on college and playing video games, and that is your right. However, like they say, "The right to swing your fists... ends at my face." What I mean by that is, you have the right to not like college and video games, but that does NOT give you the right to tear someone down that actually likes video games , is in college, or just someone that does not conform to your (narrow) worldview in general.

I did not tear you down. I tore down the entertainment and education you identify with. Playing video games wasn't a choice you made, neither was college. It was given to you. You're doing exactly what most people in your age group are doing, and you don't know any better.

Not everyone is cut out to be a self-made businessman. Perhaps college is what's best for you in terms of paying the bills in the future. At least it guarantees something, a diploma, while using your brain or talent to get ahead guarantees nothing. But keep in mind that college is a factory. It's there to churn out ready made white-collar slaves. Most are up to their eyeballs in debt by the time they get out, ensuring they will be good worker bees for the corporations which prefer their employees to be fearful, spineless and demoralized. People go to college hoping for an occupation with "stability" and "security". Well be careful what you wish for.

Do not make the mistake of thinking college is there to make you smarter or more knowledgeable. It is there to inform you. When you graduate you will wear a square hat to signify your transformation into a block head. The hat will have a tassel to symbolize a limb dick, (castration). The work place will be an androgynous environment where displays of masculinity or femininity are not welcome. It is a place where "smart people" who went to college sell what remains of their soul for ~$60k a year.

As for how to spend your personal time, there is a whole world out there. There are a million hobbies to choose from. But you can't become a man and play video games. It's simply impossible. Anyone who disagrees is not a man yet. That's my opinion based on experience. I know there will be lots who disagree, and they are welcome to come up with whatever rationalization they can to justify their addiction. But just because most of the single males out there under the age of 50 now play these games, doesn't make it right. Natural law doesn't change with the times. As I've mentioned before, you cannot gauge what you don't know. I cannot accurately imagine what it's like to be a woman. The same way a boy cannot know what's like to be a man until he becomes one.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm







Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:30 pm

odbo wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:For your information, I learned that little tidbit of information over the years. So what if I like playing "'faggoty' (as you put it) video games" in my spare time? So what if I am in college? So what if I learned that tidbit of information in college? You have your views on college and playing video games, and that is your right. However, like they say, "The right to swing your fists... ends at my face." What I mean by that is, you have the right to not like college and video games, but that does NOT give you the right to tear someone down that actually likes video games , is in college, or just someone that does not conform to your (narrow) worldview in general.

I did not tear you down. I tore down the entertainment and education you identify with. Playing video games wasn't a choice you made, neither was college. It was given to you. You're doing exactly what most people in your age group are doing, and you don't know any better.

Not everyone is cut out to be a self-made businessman. Perhaps college is what's best for you in terms of paying the bills in the future. At least it guarantees something, a diploma, while using your brain or talent to get ahead guarantees nothing. But keep in mind that college is a factory. It's there to churn out ready made white-collar slaves. Most are up to their eyeballs in debt by the time they get out, ensuring they will be good worker bees for the corporations which prefer their employees to be fearful, spineless and demoralized. People go to college hoping for an occupation with "stability" and "security". Well be careful what you wish for.

Do not make the mistake of thinking college is there to make you smarter or more knowledgeable. It is there to inform you. When you graduate you will wear a square hat to signify your transformation into a block head. The hat will have a tassel to symbolize a limb dick, (castration). The work place will be an androgynous environment where displays of masculinity or femininity are not welcome. It is a place where "smart people" who went to college sell what remains of their soul for ~$60k a year.

As for how to spend your personal time, there is a whole world out there. There are a million hobbies to choose from. But you can't become a man and play video games. It's simply impossible. Anyone who disagrees is not a man yet. That's my opinion based on experience. I know there will be lots who disagree, and they are welcome to come up with whatever rationalization they can to justify their addiction. But just because most of the single males out there under the age of 50 now play these games, doesn't make it right. Natural law doesn't change with the times. As I've mentioned before, you cannot gauge what you don't know. I cannot accurately imagine what it's like to be a woman. The same way a boy cannot know what's like to be a man until he becomes one.


I did read your whole message, and that is what I was trying to say-- You have a certain view on things, and while that is your right as a human being, you're basically saying that anyone who disagrees with you is in the wrong, and THAT is what makes you look like a rigid, intolerant fool, Mister. I will say that I go out and do my thing during the day (after all, I am no bum). Yes there are other ways to spend my free time (which I do; I also like drawing and reading). What else makes you look like a fool is the fact that you are generalizing anyone over/under a certain age who is into videogames as "having an 'addiction'". Yes, there are those that do have a (true) video game addiction, but not everyone who plays games is an addict. You are right when you say that it is very difficult, if not impossible, to know what it is to be a woman or a man if you're not one. That is where our agreement ends though: You determine your own personal manhood as one thing, which is your right, and I see my own personal manhood as another, and just because someone does not fit into your personal definition of manhood does not (and I repeat, does NOT) make them any less of a man. Maybe it does in your eyes, but, for example-- You can say that someone is not a man because they like playing video games. However, are you doing anything to help that person advance in life? Are you paying their bills? If the answer to either one of these is "no" then you have no say on how that person determine his own personal manhood. I say this to you with the utmost respect, Mister.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby odbo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:16 am

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:You determine your own personal manhood as one thing, which is your right, and I see my own personal manhood as another, and just because someone does not fit into your personal definition of manhood does not (and I repeat, does NOT) make them any less of a man.

I'm only making an observation on the realities of life, I don't make the rules. It's not about what I think, it's not about what you think. Your self-image can be full of delusions, and you can convince yourself of whatever you want. That doesn't change natural law. We are as we do.

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:However, are you doing anything to help that person advance in life? Are you paying their bills? If the answer to either one of these is "no" then you have no say on how that person determine his own personal manhood.

There is no such thing as 'personal manhood'. Being a man is a quality you either have or you don't. It is not relative. Men differ, but the qualities of a man are set in stone. You know a real woman when you meet one. You don't meet these immature skanks over here in California and think "She's womanly in some departments, but is a free-thinker and has her own philosophy." No, her personality can vary but she's either a woman or she's not. It's no different for men. Let me make something clear. Being into games has an effect on people's image of you, and you cut yourself off to certain types of people by having this hobby. But it has a much bigger effect on you directly! And this should not be brushed aside.

My message is an unpopular one. But when is the truth easy or comfortable to accept? And it's obvious to me that it is the truth by the reactions of gamers to my views. They get absolutely furious that I dare have an opinion that in any way implicates their beloved hobby. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when someone won't consider a conflicting opinion, you are dealing with someone who is brainwashed! Of course their subconscious reaction will flip it around so you seem like the ignoramus unwilling to consider other people's views. Gaming is a ~$20 billion industry that has surpassed Hollywood and it has done a very good job of convincing people of how exciting and relevant video games are, pretending their stories and characters are now as enlightening and memorable as those of books and movies. The industry has conditioned people that gaming isn't just for kids anymore and anyone who thinks otherwise is an ignorant old fart. I have to play the old fart and be the one to tell the kids there's no Santa Claus, and it is indeed obvious I am dealing with kids (Grunt being a good example).

I didn't enjoy it but it had to be said.

For the record I started playing video games from age four and didn't stop until after high school. I have plenty of experience on the issue. You started playing games and never stopped. Unlike me you haven't given up your pastime so you wouldn't know how life would be different without it. In that sense your opinion is an uninformed one. Your reaction to my claims is nothing but hot air at best, a rationalization for an addiction at worst.
odbo
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:10 am

odbo wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:You determine your own personal manhood as one thing, which is your right, and I see my own personal manhood as another, and just because someone does not fit into your personal definition of manhood does not (and I repeat, does NOT) make them any less of a man.

I'm only making an observation on the realities of life, I don't make the rules. It's not about what I think, it's not about what you think. Your self-image can be full of delusions, and you can convince yourself of whatever you want. That doesn't change natural law. We are as we do.

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:However, are you doing anything to help that person advance in life? Are you paying their bills? If the answer to either one of these is "no" then you have no say on how that person determine his own personal manhood.

There is no such thing as 'personal manhood'. Being a man is a quality you either have or you don't. It is not relative. Men differ, but the qualities of a man are set in stone. You know a real woman when you meet one. You don't meet these immature skanks over here in California and think "She's womanly in some departments, but is a free-thinker and has her own philosophy." No, her personality can vary but she's either a woman or she's not. It's no different for men. Let me make something clear. Being into games has an effect on people's image of you, and you cut yourself off to certain types of people by having this hobby. But it has a much bigger effect on you directly! And this should not be brushed aside.

My message is an unpopular one. But when is the truth easy or comfortable to accept? And it's obvious to me that it is the truth by the reactions of gamers to my views. They get absolutely furious that I dare have an opinion that in any way implicates their beloved hobby. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when someone won't consider a conflicting opinion, you are dealing with someone who is brainwashed! Of course their subconscious reaction will flip it around so you seem like the ignoramus unwilling to consider other people's views. Gaming is a ~$20 billion industry that has surpassed Hollywood and it has done a very good job of convincing people of how exciting and relevant video games are, pretending their stories and characters are now as enlightening and memorable as those of books and movies. The industry has conditioned people that gaming isn't just for kids anymore and anyone who thinks otherwise is an ignorant old fart. I have to play the old fart and be the one to tell the kids there's no Santa Claus, and it is indeed obvious I am dealing with kids (Grunt being a good example).

I didn't enjoy it but it had to be said.

For the record I started playing video games from age four and didn't stop until after high school. I have plenty of experience on the issue. You started playing games and never stopped. Unlike me you haven't given up your pastime so you wouldn't know how life would be different without it. In that sense your opinion is an uninformed one. Your reaction to my claims is nothing but hot air at best, a rationalization for an addiction at worst.


I have read your post and while we both make valid points and I do respect your opinion (even though I do disagree with you), it is pointless for us to keep going back and forth like this, so I am extending the proverbial olive branch here when I say to you "let's just agree to disagree(at least on certain points in this discussion), okay?". I am not attempting to avoid what you are saying when I say that; it's just that there is no point in us going back and forth like this. I apologize if it seems that I was trying to tear you down, because I was not. I was not trying to get upset with you. Yes, the truth is at times very hard to accept. I don't have any beef with you, and I don't want you holding any animosity towards me.

Let's just agree to disagree (at least on certain points in this discussion), okay?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:08 am

I play games, its just become secondary to other stuff. I've had a game console since Mattel Intellivision...

Games will always be there in some form or another, I am not concerned about it going away. I want to play GT5 badly but not enough to trump other things that I want, as I said its become secondary and the price on PS3's will drop to $199 likely after the Christmas shopping season to keep sales up. I waited until the 3rd price drop for the PS2 before I got one, which was the first of two price drops with the slim model.

There is such a wide PS2 catalog there no rush to buy a PS3. Yes HD graphics are a draw but this move to embracing FPS is troubling. We've become a society that loves guns and gun violence. I am not hypocrite, I like GTA games but that's general violence with guns, not straight up war with Brown people as depicted in Call of Duty Modern War Fare and Battlefront Games.

Anyway, I don't think gaming is counterproductive. But going to college could be, especially if you build up a mountain of debt in the process. Yes in most measurements a person with a degree will make more money because once well paying blue collar jobs have been eliminated either by automation or off-shoring. Trust me White collar jobs are next, haven't you seen IBM's Watson??
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Pugilist » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:41 am

Falcon wrote:I've noticed a large proportion of black and Asian guys here on this forum, and the stories and experiences shared by both groups are strikingly similar. It's a combination of the American social environment and covert racism as well.

All of the following hold true for many single Asian guys too:

1. They keep meeting women with unrealistic expectations for what they want in a man. CHECK
2. They keep meeting women who put them in the wrong category by writing them off too quickly as not being "their type". CHECK
3. They're not wanted because they're not needed. Too many women have told them that they don't "need" a man. CHECK
4. They keep meeting black women who don't respect them just because they "are" black men. CHECK (replace with "Asian")
5. They keep failing women's Girlfriend Approval Test. If the woman's friends don't like them, then that woman won't give them a chance either. CHECK
6. They keep meeting women who are not interested in them, but only in how much money they make. CHECK - but even wealthy Asian guys are turned down!
7. They're nobody until somebody else loves them. Not enough women see them as a prize unless they see a lot of other women chasing after them first. CHECK
8. They meet too many women who don't really know what they want. CHECK
9. They meet too many women who believe that single, good black men are "too good to be true". CHECK (replace with "Asian")
10. They're the right man at the wrong time. CHECK
11. They meet too many women who don't recognize a good man when they see one. CHECK
12. They don't promote all the great things about themselves boldly or consistently enough to enough women. CHECK, but taking off #12 won't help much.


Despite all the hype about how black men are marrying out more and more, American women still don't like them very much - and I'd say about the same as Asian men. Truth is, those Hollywood stereotypes have got to be taken out of American women's minds.

Some have already taken the "Happier Abroad" option:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjnOgrP5yA[/youtube]
what are talking about any decent black guy who stays out of trouble can score in america i should know
Pugilist
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:21 am

Pugilist wrote:
Falcon wrote:I've noticed a large proportion of black and Asian guys here on this forum, and the stories and experiences shared by both groups are strikingly similar. It's a combination of the American social environment and covert racism as well.

All of the following hold true for many single Asian guys too:

1. They keep meeting women with unrealistic expectations for what they want in a man. CHECK
2. They keep meeting women who put them in the wrong category by writing them off too quickly as not being "their type". CHECK
3. They're not wanted because they're not needed. Too many women have told them that they don't "need" a man. CHECK
4. They keep meeting black women who don't respect them just because they "are" black men. CHECK (replace with "Asian")
5. They keep failing women's Girlfriend Approval Test. If the woman's friends don't like them, then that woman won't give them a chance either. CHECK
6. They keep meeting women who are not interested in them, but only in how much money they make. CHECK - but even wealthy Asian guys are turned down!
7. They're nobody until somebody else loves them. Not enough women see them as a prize unless they see a lot of other women chasing after them first. CHECK
8. They meet too many women who don't really know what they want. CHECK
9. They meet too many women who believe that single, good black men are "too good to be true". CHECK (replace with "Asian")
10. They're the right man at the wrong time. CHECK
11. They meet too many women who don't recognize a good man when they see one. CHECK
12. They don't promote all the great things about themselves boldly or consistently enough to enough women. CHECK, but taking off #12 won't help much.


Despite all the hype about how black men are marrying out more and more, American women still don't like them very much - and I'd say about the same as Asian men. Truth is, those Hollywood stereotypes have got to be taken out of American women's minds.

Some have already taken the "Happier Abroad" option:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjnOgrP5yA[/youtube]
what are talking about any decent black guy who stays out of trouble can score in america i should know


Score what and define "Stay out of Trouble"?

There are plenty of articles written about the nature of things in the dating world that is the United States. Even if you play the game right, guess what Asian Men are not having the success they expected. Women like drama its who they are and thus they like "interesting men". Men with lots of money have choices, lots of them. Men who are basically criminals get the top level of women in the looks dept. On the surface there is nothing wrong with this, but for the survival of the species this is troubling and many share they concern.

Its not about being butt hurt because I can't date some hot blonde or a knock off of Lisa Raye.

Its the fact that many criminals and rich men who f**k people over to get to the top are Alpha Males. These men just mate they are not interested in relationships and these women then look to so-called "Betas" to pick up the slack because women in the US want it both ways. Men like Rommey only got married because its easier to pursue political office in this country that way.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby tom » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:25 am

Thought I would post this as it has to do with the subject

The assumptions behind the 'black marriage crisis'
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... age-crisis
tom
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:40 pm

Postby E_Irizarry » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm

tom is right! In this article, R&B singer Tyrese talks about how Black women are being independent for their way onto loneliness and that too many gays are running around the Black community.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_T_9UZmdk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests