Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Poltically incorrect question for all ...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2425
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Poltically incorrect question for all ...

Post by S_Parc » November 14th, 2011, 6:17 am

Folks, as many of you know, many persons, both in the USA and in various Asian countries are a bunch of racial homogenous bigots.

Thus, in the US, there's this sort of bloc system of people being in stiff categories: White, Black, Latin, or other.

And in nations like Korea and Japan, many people, even those of east Asian backgrounds are routinely rejected by mainstreamers.

Now, here's something ... in America, is the designation of being Hawaiian, a type of sub-nationality of being a mix of White & Asian or Black & Asian? In other words, should many mixed Asian couples have kids in Hawaii, so that their kids have an identity, Hawaiian, which is acceptable to the continental & international thought forms?

I understand that the above sounds a bit odd but realize this, if you're white and you travel around the world, you don't have to explain to other why you're an American. It's generally accepted that Americans are predominately caucasian. But for others, labeling themselves as Puerto Ricans or Somoans (the US territories) may make it easier when traveling the globe.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4563
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » November 14th, 2011, 6:51 am

Hawaii is an interesting place to me. I would've loved to live in Hawaii as they are so many Asians of various ethnicities living there. Yes, I do think many mixed Asians would do well in a place like Hawaii. As for your question about it being easier to travel outside the country being non-white and American, in some ways yes and no.

Yes if you end up going to a country that despises Americans since for most people America=white. Also, Americans for some reason don't generally have a good reputation abroad. Being Asian to me is a positive when traveling overseas because I can identify myself as an Asian, an American, or whatever other nationality I choose.

In other ways, being a non-white American can be a disadvantage, for instance, if foreigners are expecting an American and see a non-white person, they may be greatly disappointed. For example, most Asians prefer white Americans as English teachers since that is what most Asians consider as real "Americans." So, I hope that answers your questions.

S_Parc
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2425
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Post by S_Parc » November 14th, 2011, 7:03 pm

My question is a bit dual pronged in that within America, itself, being 'Hawaiian' as a type of subnationality, is almost the bloc for Asians, mixed Asians, etc, without needing an alternate category. Thus, a Hawaiian in Omaha or Des Moines, is an offshore American. And in more cosmopolitan cities like Boston or NYC, it's actually being 'cool' by default.

And likewise, being Hawaiian abroad, is also like coming from another country but this one, domiciled in the USA.

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Post by E_Irizarry » November 14th, 2011, 7:23 pm

zboy1 wrote:Hawaii is an interesting place to me. I would've loved to live in Hawaii as they are so many Asians of various ethnicities living there. Yes, I do think many mixed Asians would do well in a place like Hawaii. As for your question about it being easier to travel outside the country being non-white and American, in some ways yes and no.

Yes if you end up going to a country that despises Americans since for most people America=white. Also, Americans for some reason don't generally have a good reputation abroad. Being Asian to me is a positive when traveling overseas because I can identify myself as an Asian, an American, or whatever other nationality I choose.

In other ways, being a non-white American can be a disadvantage, for instance, if foreigners are expecting an American and see a non-white person, they may be greatly disappointed. For example, most Asians prefer white Americans as English teachers since that is what most Asians consider as real "Americans." So, I hope that answers your questions.
I heard stories in Taiwan where a couple of Black teachers had gotten off of the plane and an hour later the Taiwanese COO/director of the English school would LITERALLY see them at the EXACT location they have discussed over the phone of where in the airport to meet them at, and LITERALLY turn around sometimes breaking stride for a few seconds.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!

skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
Posts: 756
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 11:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil
Contact:

Post by skateboardstephen » November 17th, 2011, 10:06 am

E_Irizarry wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Hawaii is an interesting place to me. I would've loved to live in Hawaii as they are so many Asians of various ethnicities living there. Yes, I do think many mixed Asians would do well in a place like Hawaii. As for your question about it being easier to travel outside the country being non-white and American, in some ways yes and no.

Yes if you end up going to a country that despises Americans since for most people America=white. Also, Americans for some reason don't generally have a good reputation abroad. Being Asian to me is a positive when traveling overseas because I can identify myself as an Asian, an American, or whatever other nationality I choose.

In other ways, being a non-white American can be a disadvantage, for instance, if foreigners are expecting an American and see a non-white person, they may be greatly disappointed. For example, most Asians prefer white Americans as English teachers since that is what most Asians consider as real "Americans." So, I hope that answers your questions.
I heard stories in Taiwan where a couple of Black teachers had gotten off of the plane and an hour later the Taiwanese COO/director of the English school would LITERALLY see them at the EXACT location they have discussed over the phone of where in the airport to meet them at, and LITERALLY turn around sometimes breaking stride for a few seconds.
this is not just in the united states every country that europeans have taken control of the country has a white face representing it regardless of how many people of color are there.i have met people who did not know blacks existed in colombia but yet they have one of the largest black populations in south america.this is just white supremacy once again but there will still be people who deny it.yea i feel like i have no country sometimes as a black man.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!

skateboardstephen
Junior Poster
Posts: 756
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 11:11 pm
Location: salvador,brazil
Contact:

Post by skateboardstephen » November 17th, 2011, 10:17 am

then whites wonder why blacks have issues in the states.you have a group of people with no country,language,religion,culture, its been taken from them they aren't allowed to assimilate even if they wanted to due to being treated like 3rd class citizens and they are expected to thrive as a whole and if they fail they are inferior.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2352
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 9:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Post by E_Irizarry » November 17th, 2011, 7:49 pm

skateboardstephen wrote:then whites wonder why blacks have issues in the states.you have a group of people with no country,language,religion,culture, its been taken from them they aren't allowed to assimilate even if they wanted to due to being treated like 3rd class citizens and they are expected to thrive as a whole and if they fail they are inferior.
I will co-sign this; you're very right.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!

Camp38
Freshman Poster
Posts: 34
Joined: September 28th, 2011, 4:08 am
Location: Utrecht/Netherlands

Post by Camp38 » November 17th, 2011, 8:04 pm

A good book in regards to black integration abroad and the perceptions of the indigenous people is "Ghetto Nation" by Cora Daniels. She explains much of the US exportation and globalization of the urban ghetto culture, which is directly responsible for perpetuating the negative stereotypes that educated blacks who travel abroad encounter. The author herself being black as well as her husband, who if I remember was a medical doctor. She explained incidents were many people would assume he was a rapper due to the appearance of western wealth, although his mannerisms did not indicate he was "ghetto" in any sense. A good indication of how powerful the Hollywood MSM influence is at reinforcing stereotypes. It also does not help when the majority embrace that as a cultural norm, hence you get individuals like Bill Cosby who try to shatter that image.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”