Well, Just came back from Ukraine. Probably not going back.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ssjparris wrote: i LOVE japan because the japanese like me. especially the girls. they love black american guys. but if your asian and you go to japan. they will ALL ignore you.
The asian part is so true. It's like that in Taiwan and Korea too. But what I don't get is, why do many criticize Korea and Japan in many ways, but no one criticized Taiwan? For some reason, Taiwan is treated like some holier than thou Buddha. Buddhism is given little to no criticism, cause people respect it so much that no one really seriously criticizes it. Taiwan is treated like that too. Why the f**k?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
ssjparris wrote: i LOVE japan because the japanese like me. especially the girls. they love black american guys. but if your asian and you go to japan. they will ALL ignore you.
The asian part is so true. It's like that in Taiwan and Korea too. But what I don't get is, why do many criticize Korea and Japan in many ways, but no one criticized Taiwan? For some reason, Taiwan is treated like some holier than thou Buddha. Buddhism is given little to no criticism, cause people respect it so much that no one really seriously criticizes it. Taiwan is treated like that too. Why the f**k?
Because not all people have the same experiences that you do that's why. We've gone over this countless times your particular combination of looks and personality just isn't popular with many NE Asian women. Ever consider why so many ABCs seem to have a great time in Taiwan doing things like love boat and living there dating regular girls but you have such a hard time? I have actual individuals in my family who were highly successful with quality Taiwanese girls and friends i've known who have lived in Taiwan for a period never complained about these things that you do. In fact their experiences were totally different from your experiences. Interesting isn't it?
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Winston wrote:The asian part is so true. It's like that in Taiwan and Korea too. But what I don't get is, why do many criticize Korea and Japan in many ways, but no one criticized Taiwan? For some reason, Taiwan is treated like some holier than thou Buddha. Buddhism is given little to no criticism, cause people respect it so much that no one really seriously criticizes it. Taiwan is treated like that too. Why the f**k?
Probably because Taiwan has a smaller population than Japan and Korea. Like how America gets criticized more than anywhere else in the West even though in reality most other Western Countries are similarly bad, but America just has a far greater population.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Winston wrote:
Didn't now that some of that was true winston. Thanks for sharing about the buddha being non criticized. i thought ALL religions were like this but buddha is to dang enlightened to be considered for a " trial ". hahaha. this includes taiwan.

by the way taiwanese ladies love me too. :lol:
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ssjparris wrote:
Winston wrote:
Didn't now that some of that was true winston. Thanks for sharing about the buddha being non criticized. i thought ALL religions were like this but buddha is to dang enlightened to be considered for a " trial ". hahaha. this includes taiwan.

by the way taiwanese ladies love me too. :lol:
I can see black guys being successful in Japan because of the music and fashion trends there towards hip hop but I don't see it in Korea, Taiwan, China, or most of SE Asia (with the exception of maybe the Philippines.) I definitely don't see it in Thailand so these claims that black men are wildly successful in Asia need to be qualified by country or actual real life experiences.

By the way dating asian-american women in the U.S. is much different than asian women abroad. You might be dating a particular asian women with a background in let's say Taiwan in the U.S. but she's still mostly an American woman in attitude and culture.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

lavezzi wrote:
Winston wrote:The asian part is so true. It's like that in Taiwan and Korea too. But what I don't get is, why do many criticize Korea and Japan in many ways, but no one criticized Taiwan? For some reason, Taiwan is treated like some holier than thou Buddha. Buddhism is given little to no criticism, cause people respect it so much that no one really seriously criticizes it. Taiwan is treated like that too. Why the f**k?
Probably because Taiwan has a smaller population than Japan and Korea. Like how America gets criticized more than anywhere else in the West even though in reality most other Western Countries are similarly bad, but America just has a far greater population.
Yea, I was thinking along similar lines. Taiwan is pretty invisible, even to those who know something about Asia.

- When people think developed NE Asia, Taiwan gets overshadowed by larger nations of S. Korea and Japan.

- When people consider fully developed (ethnic) Chinese cities, HK and SP have much higher international profile than Taipei. Now you can add Beijing and Shanghai to that list too.

- PRC has intentionally suppressed Taiwan's image as a nation and downplayed its profile.

- PRC has grown and developed to the point where the idea of 'Free China' (Taiwan) vs. 'Red China' (PRC) is an archaic concept.

- China is hot, Taiwan is a has been.

- Majority of foreigners don't get the complicated relationship between China and Taiwan nor what to make of Taiwan - are they Taiwanese, or Chinese, or even Thai (Taiwan sounds kinda like Thailand in English)? Yes, here in the States, people I haven't seen for awhile often say things to me like, "Your living in Thailand, right?" When I correct them, "Oh, do you speak Taiwanese?" not having any idea that Taiwanese is a Chinese dialect or that Taiwan is connected to China and ethnic Chinese.

Actually, having a low profile and being largely invisible has its advantages. So I don't necessarily consider this a bad thing.

Now as for Taiwan vs. S. Korea or Japan for foreigners, I would imagine Taiwan is more relaxed, easygoing, and accepting than Japan or Korea. I realize that Japanese hip-hop groupies and lovers of African American culture have gained high international profile. But I still believe they are a relatively small subset. Garden variety Japanese chicks (majority) are probably going to be tough, even for black guys.

Taiwan is kinda like a watered down version of NE Asia with a bit of SE Asia thrown in, especially in the south. It's warmer, cheaper, more relaxed and less formal in many ways. Its easier for foreigners to rent apartments in Taiwan too. Consider, in Taiwan, you can usually get by with a 1 month security deposit whereas in S. Korea, you will likely have to plunk down a small fortune in key money (one to several years in some cases). As for Japan, I've heard and read many times that many landlords won't even consider prospective foreign tenants.
Last edited by Rock on November 24th, 2011, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: Now as for Taiwan vs. S. Korea or Japan for foreigners, I would imagine Taiwan is more relaxed, easygoing, and accepting than Japan or Korea. I realize that Japanese hip-hop groupies and lovers of African American culture have gained high international profile. But I still believe they are a relatively small subset. Garden variety Japanese chicks (majority) are probably going to be tough, even for black guys.
Japan is a weird place in general. I think Japanese people take fetishism to a whole different level simply because of the conservative socially repressed nature of their society. This means you'll get a subset of women who are really into african, white, or other men and are proactive in going out of there way to meet as many of these foreign men as possible in social venues. I notice a lot of people have said that Japanese people seem enamored of stereotypes. If a Japanese woman is into white or black men they want a man that fits into their image of what this is. In other words black men should dress like hip hop thugs and white men should look uber nordic blond hair and blue eyes for the best results. I still think foreign guys end up dipping from the same pool though. I believe Ladislav also mentioned this before as he has a more realistic experience from living there for awhile.

Then like you said before the vast majority of Japanese women are conservative and relatively traditional and won't date anyone non-Japanese. My girlfriend has a second cousin who lived in Japan for awhile as a intermediary construction super for Thai workers. He ended up marrying a Japanese woman and he's obviously a non-western foreigner from a poorer asian country. His wife pays for him and takes care of him which is quite interesting. I've never seen her but supposedly she's reasonably attractive to boot. He's your typical tan looking Thai guy so I think there's also a subset of Japanese women who just like that look in general. I've heard Japanese women like to make trips to Indonesia to bang out tanned and buff Indonesian beach boys as well.
DarthXedonias
Freshman Poster

Post by DarthXedonias »

Thanks everyone for your replies.

djFourmoney: Thanks for the advice. I might have some positive news about my trip but I will bring that up later. I will indeed think of this as a learning experience and learn from my mistakes. I'm curious, of the guys who are married to women from Uzbekistan, Belarus, and Moldova; Have those guys said anything to you about the positives about those women as wives?

Ladislav: Thats what I was thinking, that unless you have the time and know the language your chances of finding a good wife are slim in Ukraine. Its still possible but the chances are not as good if you don't know the Language.

have2fly: I know that was one of my first mistakes. Originally I had 6 women lined up but I slowly measured that down to 2 women (because the other ones were either not my type, seemed like they might be scammers, or we just had different views on marriage and all that entails). As for the smallers cities, thats why I kind of choose Luganks and Kherson as well. I wanted to focus on women from smaller cities because it seemed like all the scammers or more materialistic women were in places like Odessa, or Kiev. Also, I would like to know , since you have experience with people from those countries, in detail what are your opinion of women from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan as wife material? If you have more insight in to this, that I haven't already read, I would very much appreciate it.

E_Irizarry: Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to complete my education to the best of my ability. If I can get to my Masters degree and get the more lucrative certs done, If I get a private military contractor job with those qualifications I might be looking at making 200k-340k a year. Of course, I don't plan on staying in the U.S. the whole time. I think I will try to get a job like that for about 1 year right after my enlistment is over with then use that money to make a move to Europe (i'm particularly looking at Either Luxembourg, Germany, or Switzerland). Hopefully, with any chance, If I look up my family history maybe I have some European blood in me so I can apply for E.U. Citizenship (just hope its not Greece >.<!!!)

Now, On a more positive note, It "might" turn out that the women I did meet in person might not be a scammer. I say might because the whole time I was with her, I got mixed signals on whether she was a scammer or not. We shall see though. I plan on trying to get her contact information. If she makes up some lame excuse why she can't do that or gives me a fact address then I will have my answer. wish me luck >_>
DarthXedonias
Freshman Poster

Post by DarthXedonias »

Thought I would show you guys the girl I met. Since I've gotten mixed signals I'm going to tread carefully with this one.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

DarthXedonias, I am very sorry that you did not get the desired results in Ukraine. Just to introduce myself, I am one of the most sympathetic members. I care about the members successes, even if I do not respond to their posts. Most members want you to find that special someone. They give the necessary advice in order to succeed. I want you to find that special someone :) . My advice is to try those other countries you are interested in. Also, try Ukraine again with the advice members provided you with. Do not give up!

P.S. That woman is attractive. Good luck brother! By the way, I do not know the race or nationality of my future woman. I do not know because I do find African women (dark skin, brown skin, and light skin), Asian women, Caucasian women, Latina women, Middle Eastern, and others attractive.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: The Asian part is so true. It's like that in Taiwan and Korea too. But what I don't get is, why do many criticize Korea and Japan in many ways, but no one criticized Taiwan? For some reason, Taiwan is treated like some holier than thou Buddha. Buddhism is given little to no criticism, cause people respect it so much that no one really seriously criticizes it. Taiwan is treated like that too. Why the f**k?

Walk around Taoyuan International Airport and see how empty it is. You'll find your answers there.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

WHat Repatriate said about Japan is more or less spot on. Majority of Japanese women prefer Japanese men but there is a strong sub-culture of Japanese women who prefer black men and you have other Japanese women who only go for white men but they have to fit into a stereotypical mode. These Japanese girls know where the foreign guys hang out and go there. The perception to the foreign men is Japanese women must prefer western men only but in reality it's just the perception. It's like in Thailand if you visit Soi Cowboy or nana plaza the perception is that all Thai girls are bar girls and go for western men but it's only in those areas.

It's the same in South Korea. I notice the western expat dating the same pool of Korean girls that prefer western guys. I imagine it's the same in Japan. BUt if you want to get a main stream Japanese or Korean women ....that take work to get.

Plus there are some Japanese girls who are very open to Korean men...but it's just a sub-culture too.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

I've never doubted the common perception that people/women from the post-Soviet states are cold and clinical by nature. Nothing's yet persuaded me into believing that the high level of interest shown to women from that region goes beyond the Western cultural mind-frame of desiring a hot blonde. I understand the intelligence factor, in that they are deeper and more intellectual on average than Asians. But by taking the time to search, I truly believe one can find an Asian woman with these attributes along with humility and soft-heartedness.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

lavezzi wrote:I've never doubted the common perception that people/women from the post-Soviet states are cold and clinical by nature. Nothing's yet persuaded me into believing that the high level of interest shown to women from that region goes beyond the Western cultural mind-frame of desiring a hot blonde. I understand the intelligence factor, in that they are deeper and more intellectual on average than Asians. But by taking the time to search, I truly believe one can find an Asian woman with these attributes along with humility and soft-heartedness.
I'm going to say it again, if you're not attracted to Asian women, what are you suppose to do give up?

The answer is, your chances are no better in South America, Eastern Europe or SE Asia. It comes down to what you want.

I prefer White Women, though I have a Blonde Brown-eyed Brazilian on Skype Speed Dial. I also got a Slavic Belorussian that wants OUT of Minsk and finds this brother "Fetching" and of course my very smart German Single Mother that will be going for her Mech Engineering degree here soon.

That's just the start of things to come, watch this space.