HANDSOME Winston: New photos and clothes - What do you all think? lol

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:You guys are all forgetting one thing:

The years I lived in the Philippines with all that pain and suffering just for sex, from the heat, humidity, pollution, and bad food, may have taken a toll on my body and appearance too. That might be why I look bad.

But I still have a symmetrical innocent face. I do not look anywhere near as old as Repatriate says I do. f**k him! He probably looks like shit.

Or could the poison from my Mercury fillings be damaging my body?

I am also in a country now where I don't have much fun, can't be myself, do not fit into, and free constantly repressed 24/7 and can't even be myself. And I'm too lazy and weak to even move to do errands.

Plus answering all the silly posts on this forum takes up too much of my time, and easily wastes a whole day or night.

I'm not as weak as you guys think though. I can kick ass in ping pong, and can beat most of you in tennis too. I am skilled in raquet sports and have a good strategy and mental game. I can also beat most people in swimming races, well before I could, don't know about now.

I even beat my friend Stefan in Hawaii in a swimming race in 2006, which surprised him. You can ask him about it.

But I've always sucked totally at football, baseball and basketball. Tennis and swimming are my best sports. I have a good serve and strategic game. I can really angle my forehands and backhands and I have a strong mental game, even if I'm not in shape.

Not making it up. But I have no one to play tennis with in Taiwan and plus, it's too hot and humid to play sports here. I need to live in a colder climate, like Europe or Northern Asia.

Also, I look thinner in person than you guys think. Let me explain it to you 5 more times since you guys keep FORGETTING TO TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT!

You also keep forgetting that the camera adds 10 pounds. It's a scientific fact. I proved it to you earlier in the thread. I also look thinner in the mirror, which is more accurate because I tested my hand and different objects in the mirror and found that they look the same in the mirror as they do to the naked eye.

You also keep forgetting that the camera adds 10 pounds. It's a scientific fact. I proved it to you earlier in the thread. I also look thinner in the mirror, which is more accurate because I tested my hand and different objects in the mirror and found that they look the same in the mirror as they do to the naked eye.

Winston, I'm also a tennis player. Question? How about doing two easy things? 1. Find a tennis player and hit the ball twice a week. Tennis is good excersize. 2. Swear off sugar for an entire month and see if you can do it?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
davewe wrote:
Repatriate wrote: At his age Winston looks like hot garbage. He's 38 and he looks to be 10+ years older than he is. I don't see how you could excuse how fat he is. He has a santa claus belly which means he doesn't excercise and eat right. His metabolism is totally f***ed. Like I said before he must be eating all kinds of sugary shit to balloon to that size.
I'm not excusing him. I'm just saying it's easier to be motivated by a realistic and makable goal than to expect that he will go wild and lose 40-50 pounds.

But frankly I doubt he will lose the 10 or 20, but I do believe he'd look much better if he did.
He's out of control, thats all there is to it. 20 lbs would be doable but he needs to get off his parent's e-z chair and run. The problem is he's from an upper class background and I bet his parents pamper him all the way. Mother Wu doesn't want to hurt his feelings and feeds him cupcakes. Isn't Winston an only child? He's fat and spoiled. His parents have been conditioned to stuff him with flour and sugar. The result is a giant spoiled man-child.
My parents don't feed me snacks nor do they buy them for me. I buy them myself now. I have been eating only one meal a day now and eating fruits as snacks. But I still get that carbo urge. Our appetites control us. I can't be disciplined not to eat. It's impossible. My stomach will always win out over my mind.

What can I do about it?

I can't run. Ever since I turned 13, I've lost my ability to sprint, and jogging makes me tired in 20 seconds. I don't like pain either. Isn't there an easy fun way to lose weight, like having sex or eating nutrition bars? lol

Yeah I'm spoiled. But if I was a girl, it'd be more acceptable to act spoiled. A guy isn't supposed to be. Girls can get away with acting spoiled, among other things, whereas guys can't.
Last edited by Winston on July 9th, 2012, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

pete98146 wrote: Winston, I'm also a tennis player. Question? How about doing two easy things? 1. Find a tennis player and hit the ball twice a week. Tennis is good excersize. 2. Swear off sugar for an entire month and see if you can do it?
I told you, I have no one to play with here. Everyone is working and people aren't that easy to meet here. I'm in a place I don't really belong or thrive socially. I'm not a workaholic, so I have no business being in Taiwan, except as a tourist.

I can't play tennis in hot humid weather. I played tennis for years in the nice cool evenings of California weather. I can also play in Washington's cold humid weather as well. But not here in Asia. I should have stayed in California. I was a lot more fit and healthy there.

I now buy drinks and juices that are sugar free. So I have been trying to eliminate sugar from my diet. I also drink green tea and eat fruits for snacks. But I still have that irresistable carbo crave. I am not good at inhibiting my own desires. If I were, I'd be a typical repressed East Asian. But do you think I'm anything like that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Very Funny Post!!!

Post by momopi »

Repatriate wrote: 1.BMI has been widely disputed because the results don't reflect any actual real ideal. If you can prove physiological genetic differences between whites, blacks, and asians beyond mere superficial characteristics you'll be up for the nobel prize soon.
2. They are just athletes they aren't superhuman or anything special.
3. Likewise you'll have to prove racial exceptions through sourced genetic research
4. Which is also bunk. Several weightlifting and calisthenics bodybuilding guides have said that it's a worthless metric.
5. Nonsense.
1. http://www.who.int/nutrition/publicatio ... tegies.pdf
http://www.bvsde.paho.org/texcom/cd050644/deurenbe.pdf
http://annals.edu.sg/pdfNov01/edit306.pdf
etc.

2. BMI calculations, like any other guideline, applies to the majority on the bell-shaped curve, with its already generous range of acceptable healthy weight. It does not apply to the rare exceptions to the far right and far left side of the bell shaped curve. Nor would it apply to say, heavyweight boxers, sumo wrestlers, etc.

3. I'd be happy to provide research on any topic, provided that I'm compensated for my time and efforts.
Last edited by momopi on July 9th, 2012, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: My parents don't feed me snacks nor do they buy them for me. I buy them myself now. I have been eating only one meal a day now and eating fruits as snacks. But I still get that carbo urge. Our appetites control us. I can't be disciplined not to eat. It's impossible. My stomach will always win out over my mind.
Try healthy carbs like wheat pasta. Learn how to make a good marinara. It will fill you up and you will have the carbs.
I can't run. Ever since I turned 13, I've lost my ability to sprint, and jogging makes me tired in 20 seconds. I don't like pain either. Isn't there an easy fun way to lose weight, like having sex or eating nutrition bars? lol
This is the stupidest shit i've ever heard. Running/jogging isn't pleasant in the beginning but once your body adjusts it's great. The runner's high is a real thing and gives you a tremendous boost of energy throughout the day and the rest of your life.
It also staves off a whole host of death causing health problems.. such as heart disease, high blood pressure, strokes, etc.. You're just being weak willed about this again.
Yeah I'm spoiled. But if I was a girl, it'd be more acceptable to act spoiled. A guy isn't supposed to be. Girls can get away with acting spoiled, among other things, whereas guys can't.
It's ridiculous. Do you want a bib to wipe your mouth. Do you want to be treated like a giant infant? Where is your sense of dignity ?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v24/n ... 1353a.html

Paper
The paradox of low body mass index and high body fat percentage among Chinese, Malays and Indians in Singapore

M Deurenberg-Yap1, G Schmidt2, W A van Staveren3 and P Deurenberg3,4

1Department of Nutrition, Ministry of Health, Singapore

2School of Physical Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

3Department of Nutrition and Epidemiology, Wageningen Agricultural University, Wageningen, The Netherlands

4Nutrition Consultant, Singapore

Correspondence to: M Deurenberg-Yap, Department of Nutrition, Ministry of Health, Level 5, Institute of Health, 3, Second Hospital Avenue, Singapore 168937. Mabel_Yap@moh.gov.sg

Abstract

OBJECTIVE: To study the relationship between body fat percentage and body mass index (BMI) in three different ethnic groups in Singapore (Chinese, Malays and Indians) in order to evaluate the validity of the BMI cut-off points for obesity.

DESIGN: Cross-sectional study.

SUBJECTS: Two-hundred and ninety-one subjects, purposively selected to ensure adequate representation of range of age and BMI of the general adult population, with almost equal numbers from each ethnic and gender group.

MEASUREMENTS: Body weight, body height, sitting height, wrist and femoral widths, skinfold thicknesses, total body water by deuterium oxide dilution, densitometry with BodpodÃ’ and bone mineral content with HologicÃ’ QDR-4500. Body fat percentage was calculated using a four-compartment model.

RESULTS: Compared with body fat percentage (BF%) obtained using the reference method, BF% for the Singaporean Chinese, Malays and Indians were under-predicted by BMI, sex and age when an equation developed in a Caucasian population was used. The mean prediction error ranged from 2.7% to 5.6% body fat. The BMI/BF% relationship was also different among the three Singaporean groups, with Indians having the highest BF% and Chinese the lowest for the same BMI. These differences could be ascribed to differences in body build. It was also found that for the same amount of body fat as Caucasians who have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m2 (cut-off for obesity as defined by WHO), the BMI cut-off points for obesity would have to be about 27 kg/m2 for Chinese and Malays and 26 kg/m2 for Indians.

CONCLUSIONS: The results show that the relationship between BF% and BMI is different between Singaporeans and Caucasians and also among the three ethnic groups in Singapore. If obesity is regarded as an excess of body fat and not as an excess of weight (increased BMI), the cut-off points for obesity in Singapore based on the BMI would need to be lowered. This would have immense public health implications in terms of policy related to obesity prevention and management.

International Journal of Obesity (2000) 24, 1011-1017
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: Very Funny Post!!!

Post by Repatriate »

momopi wrote:
Repatriate wrote: 1.BMI has been widely disputed because the results don't reflect any actual real ideal. If you can prove physiological genetic differences between whites, blacks, and asians beyond mere superficial characteristics you'll be up for the nobel prize soon.
2. They are just athletes they aren't superhuman or anything special.
3. Likewise you'll have to prove racial exceptions through sourced genetic research
4. Which is also bunk. Several weightlifting and calisthenics bodybuilding guides have said that it's a worthless metric.
5. Nonsense.
1. http://www.who.int/nutrition/publicatio ... tegies.pdf
http://www.bvsde.paho.org/texcom/cd050644/deurenbe.pdf
http://annals.edu.sg/pdfNov01/edit306.pdf
etc.

2. BMI calculations, like any other guideline, applies to the majority on the bell-shaped curve, with its already generous range of acceptable healthy weight. It does not apply to the rare exceptions to the far right and far left side of the bell shaped curve. Nor would it apply to say, heavyweight boxers, sumo wrestlers, etc.

3. I'd be happy to provide research on any topic, provided that I'm compensated for my time and efforts.
1. I'm pointing more towards real life applications and how the BMI doesn't determine much. It's a false metric.
2. you'll have to define how heavyweight boxers, sumo wrestlers, ufc fighters, etc.. differ from the rest of the population. DO they have some special genetic attributes ? Or is it their environment that shaped and nurtured their passion ? Good luck with that. Like I said..nobel prize will be waiting when you finish this.
3. That's such a cop out.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Last edited by polya on August 9th, 2012, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Repatriate wrote: 1. I'm pointing more towards real life applications and how the BMI doesn't determine much. It's a false metric.
2. you'll have to define how heavyweight boxers, sumo wrestlers, ufc fighters, etc.. differ from the rest of the population. DO they have some special genetic attributes ? Or is it their environment that shaped and nurtured their passion ? Good luck with that. Like I said..nobel prize will be waiting when you finish this.
3. That's such a cop out.
Sumo wrestlers typically have BMI of 45+, the BMI calculations are irrevelent to them because they intentionally bulk up in size for the sport, knowing the risks and consequences. Statistically, a Sumo wrestler's lifespan is about 15-20 years shorter than average (in Japan).

I do not see the point of continueing this discussion, since you'd obviously disregard any study presented. The fact remains that BMI is a valid measurment for obesity, and Asians have lower healthy weight range than Caucasians due to measurable differences.

Though BMI calculations are not perfect, it does work for most of the people here on the forum, and if the calculations say you're overweight or obese, you're most likely overweight or obese.

If you require further research by me, I can be contracted on hourly basis, plus expenses for purchasing articles online from medical & sports medicine journals.
Last edited by momopi on July 9th, 2012, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I told you, I have no one to play with here. Everyone is working and people aren't that easy to meet here. I'm in a place I don't really belong or thrive socially. I'm not a workaholic, so I have no business being in Taiwan, except as a tourist.
I can't play tennis in hot humid weather. I played tennis for years in the nice cool evenings of California weather. I can also play in Washington's cold humid weather as well. But not here in Asia. I should have stayed in California. I was a lot more fit and healthy there.
You have a car. Join a gym and go swimming. Make sure you bring a swimming cap (required at most pools).

Winston wrote: I now buy drinks and juices that are sugar free. So I have been trying to eliminate sugar from my diet. I also drink green tea and eat fruits for snacks. But I still have that irresistable carbo crave. I am not good at inhibiting my own desires. If I were, I'd be a typical repressed East Asian. But do you think I'm anything like that?
That's like saying that anyone who doesn't have compulsive over-consumption of carbs is is repressed.

Stop buying pre-cooked foods and cook all your meals. When you cook, only prep the portion size that meets your diet plan. Reduce your daily caloric intake by 500 calories and aim to lose 1 lb per week.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Winston,

To be fair Winston is not that fat. I mean he has pot bell but here in NYC I see morbidly obese people left and right.

I think Winston said it himself. His lazy.

You can always go for fast walking instead of jogging. Or ride a bike. Being consistent is key here. If you walk an hour a day everyday is good way to start.

Your in Taiwan ...you shouldn't have a hard time finding a ping pong club. Playing ping pong is not as intense as tennis but your still moving around. Since you used to swim get back to swimming. So the key here is walk and hour a day. Try to swim once a week. Join a ping pong club and play few times a week. That's a good way to start.

Traditional Asian food (Korean , Japanese, or Chinese) for the most part are way healthy . When I was in South Korean I was losing weight even though I was eating allot of Korean food because overall it was more natural and less in calories compared to the process junk I get here in the states.

So I think Winston ...you maintain the weight because you just don't like to move.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Winston,

I think your photos from 2001 and even 2006 show clearly that you appearance would improve quite a bit of you lose some weight now.

No doubt you've aged since then but weight makes a whole lot of difference.

What kind of work are you doing in Taiwan that holds you back from going to China?
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Winston is not doing a damn thing, but whining about Taiwanese girls. We have told this guy for years to lose weight and dress better and choose another country. We all sound like retarded echoes at this point. Winston is hanging out at his basement doing absolutely nothing. Blaming his "time management skills" as a reason why he won't go to China. Winston does look like straight booty and he is too damn lazy to change his habits. Winston has nothing to offer a woman. You are pushing 40 and you want to date women younger than 25? You have to compete with men their age and the other high rollers in your age group. I am not answering your other reply in the thread about Taiwan. I will say it here.

Winston will always be hopeless. No one can help him, but himself at this point in his life. Everyone and their moms has given this guy sound advice about everything, but he won't listen. He has a million and one excuses as to why he won't live Taiwan or why he keeps going to Taiwan. Dude runs this site in his sleep and he says he doesn't have time? I wish I had a passive income of whatever you make. I wonder what you do if you didn't have this forum...

Guys, give up on Winston because he has clearly given up on himself. Nothing you can do to change him. A dead horse will always be a dead horse. You can't revive it. All he does is attack people that give him some feedback or tells them that nothing is wrong with him or he tells you some third-party person said he looked great in 1997. Winston will always be in Taiwan and the Philippines. He has nothing to offer a woman. His "personality" he talks about so much in his posts is not enough. You need more than that.

I am glad Repatriate and others are tearing you apart. I need a break!

P.S. Would you stop comparing yourself to celebrities? George Clooney and William Shatner? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? I read an old thread about sex robots and you have the audacity to say I take things too seriously and I whine about everything? Pot. Kettle. Black.

/ether
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Phx wrote:Winston is not doing a damn thing, but whining about Taiwanese girls. We have told this guy for years to lose weight and dress better and choose another country. We all sound like retarded echoes at this point. Winston is hanging out at his basement doing absolutely nothing. Blaming his "time management skills" as a reason why he won't go to China. Winston does look like straight booty and he is too damn lazy to change his habits. Winston has nothing to offer a woman. You are pushing 40 and you want to date women younger than 25? You have to compete with men their age and the other high rollers in your age group. I am not answering your other reply in the thread about Taiwan. I will say it here.

Winston will always be hopeless. No one can help him, but himself at this point in his life. Everyone and their moms has given this guy sound advice about everything, but he won't listen. He has a million and one excuses as to why he won't live Taiwan or why he keeps going to Taiwan. Dude runs this site in his sleep and he says he doesn't have time? I wish I had a passive income of whatever you make. I wonder what you do if you didn't have this forum...

Guys, give up on Winston because he has clearly given up on himself. Nothing you can do to change him. A dead horse will always be a dead horse. You can't revive it. All he does is attack people that give him some feedback or tells them that nothing is wrong with him or he tells you some third-party person said he looked great in 1997. Winston will always be in Taiwan and the Philippines. He has nothing to offer a woman. His "personality" he talks about so much in his posts is not enough. You need more than that.

P.S. Would you stop comparing yourself to celebrities? George Clooney and William Shatner? Really? Really? Really? Really? Really? I read an old thread about sex robots and you have the audacity to say I take things too seriously and I whine about everything? Pot. Kettle. Black.

/ether
:o Damn! :lol: Tupac has spoken.

I think we all know why Winston got made fun of in school now. He's just utterly clueless and stubborn in his personality and ignorance. I still say he's got some kind of genuine personality disorder. Just the way he acts and things he says leads me to believe he never got proper treatment for it. I refuse to feel sympathy for him either because he's an upper middle class guy with every opportunity to make himself right and his parents seem like reasonable people. It's just really all Winston sabotaging himself and others around him who try to offer advice.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I come to Happier Abroad for the HUMOR! I can always get a good laugh here.
chanta76 wrote:Winston,

To be fair Winston is not that fat. I mean he has pot bell but here in NYC I see morbidly obese people left and right.

I think Winston said it himself. His lazy.

So I think Winston ...you maintain the weight because you just don't like to move.
Winston is retired!
Obese people in NYC don’t get laid.

Phx wrote:Winston is not doing a damn thing, but whining about Taiwanese girls. We have told this guy for years to lose weight and dress better and choose another country. We all sound like retarded echoes at this point. Winston is hanging out at his basement doing absolutely nothing. Blaming his "time management skills" as a reason why he won't go to China. Winston does look like straight booty and he is too damn lazy to change his habits. Winston has nothing to offer a woman. You are pushing 40 and you want to date women younger than 25? You have to compete with men their age and the other high rollers in your age group. I am not answering your other reply in the thread about Taiwan. I will say it here.

/ether
Phx, I really enjoyed this post. Please note: Winston is retired! He no longer has time to lead the James Bond 007 lifestyle. He doesn't swing from chandeliers with his trusty sabre erect searching for new conquests anymore!

Winston now only has time to be a FREE THINKER, argue with Forum posters, and be the CEO of the Happier Abroad MEGA SITE!

He will announce his retirement to everyone on CNN News soon!

Please note: Winston is retired!

P.S. Winston you do look better your new good clothes than your old ugly clothes!