HANDSOME Winston: New photos and clothes - What do you all think? lol

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Not making it up. But I have no one to play tennis with in Taiwan and plus, it's too hot and humid to play sports here. I need to live in a colder climate, like Europe or Northern Asia. I don't like to sweat, and Asian heat/humidity constantly make me feel weak, tired and sluggish.
1. Tennis is not the only sport or exercise.
2. There are plenty of other options, such as air-conditioned gyms and swimming pools.
3. Taiwan is an island, you can go hit the beach.
4. Geographically, over 60% of Taiwan is mountain terrain, and over 30% is >1,000 meters above sea level where the temperatures are cooler.
5. There are many people who buy camping gear, use it once and never use it again. Ask your cousins in Taiwan to see if they know anyone with used camping gear for sale, or if there's an used goods sale/exchange web site. Or you can yahoo "露營用品" on Yahoo Taiwan.

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:
davewe wrote:
Repatriate wrote: At his age Winston looks like hot garbage. He's 38 and he looks to be 10+ years older than he is. I don't see how you could excuse how fat he is. He has a santa claus belly which means he doesn't excercise and eat right. His metabolism is totally f***ed. Like I said before he must be eating all kinds of sugary shit to balloon to that size.
I'm not excusing him. I'm just saying it's easier to be motivated by a realistic and makable goal than to expect that he will go wild and lose 40-50 pounds.

But frankly I doubt he will lose the 10 or 20, but I do believe he'd look much better if he did.
He's out of control, thats all there is to it. 20 lbs would be doable but he needs to get off his parent's e-z chair and run. The problem is he's from an upper class background and I bet his parents pamper him all the way. Mother Wu doesn't want to hurt his feelings and feeds him cupcakes. Isn't Winston an only child? He's fat and spoiled. His parents have been conditioned to stuff him with flour and sugar. The result is a giant spoiled man-child.
My parents don't feed me snacks nor do they buy them for me. I buy them myself now. I have been eating only one meal a day now and eating fruits as snacks. But I still get that carbo urge. Our appetites control us. I can't be disciplined not to eat. It's impossible. My stomach will always win out over my mind.

What can I do about it?

I can't run. Ever since I turned 13, I've lost my ability to sprint, and jogging makes me tired in 20 seconds. I don't like pain either. Isn't there an easy fun way to lose weight, like having sex or eating nutrition bars? lol

Yeah I'm spoiled. But if I was a girl, it'd be more acceptable to act spoiled. A guy isn't supposed to be. Girls can get away with acting spoiled, among other things, whereas guys can't.
Winston, hate to say it but you sound like an 80 year old woman. Here's a link to a gym. I'm assuming it's close to your house. Looks like they have cross fit type classes. These are designed for you to get in and get out and get a full workout under 45 mintues. Yes there will be pain involved but your body will grow stronger and you'll adapt. Who knows, maybe you'll meet some new friends and thus kill two birds with one stone.

Love the opening line of club's website: No excuses.

http://formosafitness.com/
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

That gym is in Taipei, Winston is in Chiayi.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

momopi wrote:That gym is in Taipei, Winston is in Chiayi.
I'm sure there are gyms in Chiayi too.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: You mean you don't like those black shoes? But those were the most expensive. They were light as a feather, and could be used for sports or for formal wear right? They have a formal look about them.
Trainers look terrible with an outfit. Trainers are for the gym you don't use them like dual purpose shoes.
Are you sure? I'm sure trainers look good with jeans or slacks. Come on. Most people are not anal about such things anyway. I love those trainers. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. They are light as a feather and I can walk briskly in them. They cost me $150.

Btw, I remember long ago you said that women usually give bad relationship advice, which seems to be true and is commonly talked about on the web. But is it also true that women give men bad fashion advice too?

Women are nitpicky about fashion on men, but I've never heard of a woman becoming attracted to a man for his fashion alone. Clothes don't make you attractive if you're not. They may show good taste. But they don't create attraction. Most people I don't think, are nitpicky about it. As long as your clothes are decent and clean, no one really cares in reality.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some new clothes I bought recently. What do you think? The hip trendy style of jeans in Taiwan now are the ones with white clouds on them, which I'm wearing in these photos. lol As you can see, I'm nowhere as fat as Repatriate exaggerates. He is a real dickhead.

Btw, what do you all think of me wearing shirts like this buttoned up, rather than open with a t-shirt inside as you saw in previous photos?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston I will give you some compliments and suggestions here. Blue looks good on you..actually real good. Those jeans fit too and look good, congratulations!

However, you really need to stop buying shirts with horizontal striping. Button up shirts look good if it has a nice casual italian style collar on it. I suggested way back that stylish navy and black would look real nice on you.

Flannel style shirts do NOT look good on you nor do the business casual shirts look good.

You still have a belly but with those jeans it's not as apparent.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

I think if you would accept the criticism from Repatriate and not think of him as a dick head you would go a long way with your fashion sence and growth as an individual Winston...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Also, Winston stop slouching for pictures and adjust your collar line so it's centered.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:Winston I will give you some compliments and suggestions here. Blue looks good on you..actually real good. Those jeans fit too and look good, congratulations!

However, you really need to stop buying shirts with horizontal striping. Button up shirts look good if it has a nice casual italian style collar on it. I suggested way back that stylish navy and black would look real nice on you.

Flannel style shirts do NOT look good on you nor do the business casual shirts look good.

You still have a belly but with those jeans it's not as apparent.
Thanks. Blue is my favorite color, as it matches my personality and look. These jeans at least are straight legged and not baggy, and in person, they even look thinner than in the photos above.

I like those shirts with horizontal stripes though. They are nice and fit my personality. Plus, as you can see, they don't make me look that fat. In person I even look thinner, once you see me in 3d.

What is an Italian style collar?

What's wrong with flannel shirts? Why don't they look good on me? They look intelligent, neat and organized don't they, which of course fits my personality. Btw, that last pic above is not a flannel shirt.

What? Everyone says that I look my best when I'm wearing a suit or business attire. It has always brought out the best in my appearance. When I worked as an extra in movies, the wardrobe staff often put me in business attire cause I looked best in it.

What did you think of that blue t-shirt above? The one that says "California" on it?
Dogboy86 wrote: I think if you would accept the criticism from Repatriate and not think of him as a dick head you would go a long way with your fashion sence and growth as an individual Winston...
Sorry but I call things as I see it. If someone acts like an asshole or dickhead, and lies/exaggerates about me in the most negative light, then I call it as I see it. I don't create dickheads, I just call them out when it's warranted. Nothing wrong with that. You can't deny that Repatriate has gone overboard in his insults and one-sided negative views.

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

they all look ok on you winston, I really like the blue button up shirt & those jeans fit you well too... how about some V-neck jerseys?

I also think u will like this 3/4 sleve blazer with cuff sleves they r real trendy, comfy & casual. You have some nice arms so they will highlight them. Blazers also make u look slimmer. When you have a blazer anything u wear will seem effortless, the blazer just gives anything u wear a great finishing touch 8)

- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

1. Consider investing in a better quality digital camera, or take your photo outdoors when t's bright and sunny. Use a tripod (cheaper than new camera) and take multiple pictures of yourself on timer. Then you can select the best ones and delete the rest.

2. Jeans are nice but the tops are iffy. Try taking photos of yourself with the shirt tucked in, and wear the jeans at different positions (pulled up or down a bit) to find the optimal "sweet spot". Stop slouching your shoulders, you need better posture.

3. Try dress shirts with vertical stripes. For graphics t-shirts, you have to be careful because some would draw attention to your belly. Try v-neck shirts that draw attention away from the stomach area. But the bottom line is that you need to lose weight and the belly so cloths would look better on you.

4. SMILE. Show your pearly whites. If you have bad teeth, get them fixed or bleached.

5. Take note of your surroundings and background when taking your photos. Do they enhance/frame the picture or distract?

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2010783
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote: 2. Jeans are nice but the tops are iffy. Try taking photos of yourself with the shirt tucked in, and wear the jeans at different positions (pulled up or down a bit) to find the optimal "sweet spot". Stop slouching your shoulders, you need better posture.
I did post a few photos of my shirt tucked in remember? Everyone here blasted me for it and said that that was stupid and that I needed to leave my shirts tucked out, as though that were common knowledge.

I do agree that leaving shirts tucked out looks better, because if I tuck them it, it would show my belly more.

Btw, as you can see in the new photos above, my belly is there but it's not nearly as big as Repatriate and others exaggerated it to be.

celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Well, happierabroad is like a train wreck that people can’t help but stare at as they pass by. That’s a big reason why many come here.

Winston, I’m in a unique position to help you. I’m also an asian-american, the same age (39), and I just finished spending 8 months traveling all over Asia.

First of all, the reason why you gained weight is not necessarily your fault. You just spent substantial time in the Philippines. I REALLY had to use a lot of effort to not gain weight there. Almost everything is either meat-based, high fat fast food or just bad for you in general. About the only thing not high in fat there were the abundant, cheap tropical fruits..

But now you need to realize what happened and what you need to do. You need to join a gym and lift weights AND do cardio. Combine this with visits to vegetarian restaurants in Taiwan (of which there are many) and regular walking, and you’ll be doing great.

There’s a whole series of “Extreme Makeover� shows here in America on ABC where every week a 300+ lb grossly overweight person is whipped into shape by a personal trainer. They lose half their body weight and undertake jogging. If a 500 lb blob can successfully take up jogging, so can you.

You definitely need to lose weight at 180 lbs. I’m 5’7� to 5’8� ish probably an inch or so taller than you. My weight has fluctuated from 138 to 175. From 138-150, I’m in pretty good shape, from 150-160, avg. From 160-170, less than ideal, 170-180 visibly a bit overweight and “could use losing 10-15 lbs. For me to start to get a pot belly like yours, I’d need to start getting over 185-190lbs. You have NOTHING to lose by losing 20-25 lbs and getting in better shape. Here’s a Vietnamese-American guy who became A LOT better looking after working out:

Second, you need to experiment with your look. Just like you, I have an enormously sized head/face. I look horrible with short hair/shaved head. If you just let your current style grow in 2-3 inches, that alone would be an improvement.

But what you need to do is to experiment and see what else you can try. Try growing in sideburns. Grow in a goatee/soul patch/mustache or 5’oclock shadow. Try not washing your hair for a few days or using molding mud. Also consider different kinds of glasses/shades, and different styles of hats, etc. Grow your hair in and try different cuts. If you’re not happy, chop it off and grow in again and/or wear a hat.

Thirdly, get all of your pants tapered inward (slimmer in the legs) by a tailor in Taiwan, It’ll be cheap to get done there. Also make sure that they are the proper length too.

As far as clothing goes, simple short sleeve dress shirts and slim fit pants should do fine during the day, and a simple dress shirt/v-neck with a blazer should be fine when out with women at night. Although you do need some better style, I think that you are somewhat right on this one.

Finally, having traveled all over Asia, I think your best bet is going to be mainland China, hands down. How good is your Mandarin? And how well do you integrate with Asian culture? You seem like the kind of person who is NOT well integrated with asian culture and the kind of person who speaks poor Mandarin.

If you let your hair grow in 2-3 inches, lose 20-25 lbs/get in better shape, than you’ll look pretty similar to a stereotypical mainland Chinese male from parts of the southern half of the country. If you spend some time there, learn to speak good Mandarin and can vibe with women culturally, you’ll have a good shot.

Additionally, Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia/Laos are also possible options. Your preference for a less uptight society and value for intellectual conversation could possibly make Thailand/Vietnam preferable to mainland China.

In Taiwan itself, I think you will be much better in the south of Taiwan, or in the smaller cities. People in Kaoshiung are much more laid back and friendly, completely opposite and totally different from Taipei. Taipei is like the NY of Taiwan, very impersonal. Also the people were VERY friendly and laid back in the smaller cities. I really like Dulan and Taitung on the SE coast. People in Hualien were also friendly.

Due to society’s harsh judgements on unmarried women over 30/35 in NE asia, one of your best bets is unmarried or divorced women over the age of 30 or 35.

Hope you take this advice to heart and good luck.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome Celery,
How did you find this forum?

Just because there is arguing and venting here doesn't mean HA is a train wreck. Do you prefer that all the content here be positive, lighthearted and politically correct? lol

Shouldn't a forum be about the good, bad and the ugly? Isn't that more refreshing?

We are at least getting growing traffic and attention here. As of now, nearly 90,000 people visit this site every month, mostly by chance through search engines, not because they are interested in my message.

Why do you think Thailand/Vietnam are better for intellectual conversations? People said that Thais were not very intellectual and were simple, like Filipinos.

Yes you are right about Filipino food. It's very unhealthy and fattening. That and the pollution, extreme heat and humidity wrecked my health there.

I've had a pot belly since I was 18. But it was much smaller before. I am on a strict diet/fasting plan now though and have already began to lose some weight.

Of course I don't fit into East Asian culture. What nonconformist does? If I did, people on HA probably wouldn't like my personality. I'd be another conformist drone and very uninteresting.

My clothes are fine, but they don't draw any extra attention from Taiwanese girls. They don't approach me. It doesn't work that way. It's not like Russia or Philippines when you can just pick and choose or point and click.

There is a much thicker wall here.

Yeah Taiwanese are friendlier in some cities. But ONLY the middle aged elderly people are friendlier and more laid back. NOT the hot girls with sexy white legs that I want to feel. lol

So let's get that straight. There is a world of difference between older people in Taiwan and hot/cute girls.

In general, people don't talk to you in Taiwan unless they want to sell you something.