Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Winston's new clothes and photos - What do you think?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Grunt wrote:Whats wrong with jeans, t-shirt, and a baseball cap?

It doesn't fit my look or appearance. I don't have the all American look. I've always looked better dressed up, such as in a suit and tie. My appearance blends better with such clothes, like ketchup and fries blend together well.

A hat doesn't look good on me at all.

You guys who say I should wear a bigger pull over or shirt are crazy. I'm trying to look thinner, not wider. The shirts I bought today fit my look and physique very well. Sure I have a little belly, but the clothes go well overall with my appearance. They make me look far more professional than those t-shirts I bought from the Philippines did.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Repatriate wrote:Also, I recommend you wear dressier shirts that have a bit of a nice collar on it.

Something like this:
http://www.stand-out.net/Penny-Collar-S ... -6023.html

Because you have no neck, an uncharacteristic chin, and a round face.

That shirt looks nice. I'm sure I could get that anywhere. But doesn't it look better on taller thinner guys? Everything does actually.

What type of pants do you recommend? And jacket?

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
Gel is useless on my hair. My hair is very coarse and does not bend with any gel at all.

Try Gatsby hair wax it works for asian hair and is pretty popular throughout asia for this reason.
Repatriate, I'm not trying to look interesting. I'm just trying to look polished and presentable, like a professional on vacation.

I'm not saying that you should dress in a bright red shirt with flowers on it with a popped collar and a dagger necklace.
Can you give me an example of a dressier black shirt from google images?

Check out uniqlo. They are a Japanese outlet but they have clothes that fit pretty well for asians and the style looks classy and understated. They have a few stores in Taiwan. It also doesn't look overly preppy or gay. You don't have the body type for their jeans but their sweaters and down jackets are nice and look like they would fit the understated professional look you're going for.

What are fitted pants or non fitted pants exactly?

Tailored or find a seamstress who knows how to properly hem and adjust store bought jeans. Tailored dress pants or casual wear isn't as expensive as you think it is. It's worth every penny.

Btw, what do you all think of cargo pants, the ones with those utility pockets in the sides? I think those are very useful for traveling because the extra pockets in them are useful for storing gadgets and things. But do they make a guy look sloppy or less classy? What do you all think?

I'd avoid cargo pants because you'd look like a day laborer. Cargo pants are for teenagers, college kids, or geologists. Since you are none of the above I wouldn't recommend it.

Also never wear leather or mesh type pants. It's for tall skinny guys who can carry the wannabe rockstar or heroin chic look. It would look absolutely gay on you.

Repat = HA's new male fashion consultant. Anyone who wants an assessment just post a couple photos, sit back and wait for your free evaluation. Apply the advice and you'll be picking-up chicks by the truckload in no-time, lol. Just wait until the new transformed Winston hits China. Its gonna be more entertaining that even his Russian exploits. Winston, make sure your camcorder is in good working order so you can share. It will really liven things up here.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Rock wrote:Repat = HA's new male fashion consultant. Anyone who wants an assessment just post a couple photos, sit back and wait for your free evaluation. Apply the advice and you'll be picking-up chicks by the truckload in no-time, lol. Just wait until the new transformed Winston hits China. Its gonna be more entertaining that even his Russian exploits. Winston, make sure your camcorder is in good working order so you can share. It will really liven things up here.

LOL. Yeah, I ought to put Repatriate on the Happier Abroad Team page and list his function as "Fashion Consultant", since he is very picky and has particular standards in fashion sense. It's a wonder he didn't work for a fashion magazine company in NYC. LOL

How do you know if my China adventures will be interesting enough to report on though? What if I go there, and everyone ignores me and treats me like I don't exist again, like in Taiwan? Then I'll be bitching and complaining again. LOL I sure hope not.
Last edited by Winston on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Repatriate » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:53 am

:lol: I don't proclaim to be an expert at this stuff. I'd like to think that I dress well based on what others have said about my fashion sense. Every other bit of advice was telling Winston he's fat and ugly.. we've already gone over that in countless threads.

I think Winston will actually do alright in China if he takes his time there. I think Chinese women will be receptive at least since many aren't as picky about looks and at least Winston can be out there enough to be interesting. We'll see though. Please keep a comprehensive journal of your exploits there Winston. Don't gyp us on this. :lol:
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

I think im in love with you winston! You're so cute!

Postby Aries » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:55 am

Hi winston. I think I'm fallen for u! nice shirt's!
Aries
Freshman Poster

Re: I think im in love with you winston! You're so cute!

Postby Winston » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:45 am

Aries wrote:Hi winston. I think I'm fallen for u! nice shirt's!

Thanks. That's really sweet of you to say. :)

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:51 am

Repatriate wrote::lol: I don't proclaim to be an expert at this stuff. I'd like to think that I dress well based on what others have said about my fashion sense. Every other bit of advice was telling Winston he's fat and ugly.. we've already gone over that in countless threads.

I think Winston will actually do alright in China if he takes his time there. I think Chinese women will be receptive at least since many aren't as picky about looks and at least Winston can be out there enough to be interesting. We'll see though. Please keep a comprehensive journal of your exploits there Winston. Don't gyp us on this. :lol:

No one has to be an expert to have good fashion sense. If you read fashion magazines, you will automatically know what's hip.

That being said, however, I honestly don't think that most women are going to be nitpicky about what I wear. This is not high school. As long as I look decent and presentable, they will be gauging other things - such as my personality, behavior, vibe, compatibility, how they feel around me, our common values, etc.

The people who told me that mainland Chinese women liked overseas Chinese appear to be right. These women are more old fashioned and know that a Chinese partner will be more accepted by their families than a Western white partner. So an overseas Chinese guy would fit into their life more "harmoniously", whereas if they try to date interracially, then they will be out on a limb.

Of course, some Chinese women prefer white guys, so white guys have no problem there too, but many mainstream Chinese women with a traditional mentality are going to be thinking this way. But a more modernized westernized country like Taiwan or Hong Kong is going to be more open toward interracial dating probably.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Wed May 23, 2012 6:15 am

What I don't understand is: How can there be something "wrong" with the way I dress, when everywhere I look, other guys are dressing the same way - decent shirt and jeans/slacks. It's very normal. I don't see any difference between my clothes and that of other guys all around me and on TV too. So how can there be something wrong with how I dress? This does not compute in my logic circuits. Am I missing something?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby boycottamericanwomen » Wed May 23, 2012 7:12 am

Looking pretty cool. Taiwan sounds nice, I'll try to visit it some day.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Postby sushiman » Wed May 23, 2012 7:33 am

Winston wrote:What I don't understand is: How can there be something "wrong" with the way I dress, when everywhere I look, other guys are dressing the same way - decent shirt and jeans/slacks. It's very normal. I don't see any difference between my clothes and that of other guys all around me and on TV too. So how can there be something wrong with how I dress? This does not compute in my logic circuits. Am I missing something?

My strategy. Goto Nordstroms (some place with outstanding customer service and knowledgable staff). Find the hottest sales girl (never listen to some guy). Explain your mission: I'm trying to land a job at Apple, or I'm touring the world and want to look like an interesting entrepreneur type guy women would dig!

These girls love this, it is their expertise, their entire life is style, and they know as women what they would find classy on a guy. They will analyze your eye color, hair, build, complexion, etc. they are like a fashion computer!! Then they leap into action and pick out an entire custom set of stuff (pants, shirt, hat, glasses, shoes, jacket) that not only goes together but goes with you.

There will be a few misses as they learn your style. Round 1 in the dressing room is just the warm up round. No guy can ever do the magic these chicks can do. It has got me past tough interviews over the years and was key in my success in Shanghai. Try it!
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Wed May 23, 2012 7:46 am

Disillusioned_American wrote:How cold does it actually get at night in Taiwan during the winter months?

Also, the black jacket it pretty cool. Sophisticated, yet still casual. Maybe you should gel your hair a little, and get some wrap-around "terminator" style sun glasses to complete the ensemble.

I agree with this. The collar on the jacket looks cool.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Wed May 23, 2012 7:49 am

sushiman wrote:
My strategy. Goto Nordstroms (some place with outstanding customer service and knowledgable staff). Find the hottest sales girl (never listen to some guy). Explain your mission: I'm trying to land a job at Apple, or I'm touring the world and want to look like an interesting entrepreneur type guy women would dig!

These girls love this, it is their expertise, their entire life is style, and they know as women what they would find classy on a guy. They will analyze your eye color, hair, build, complexion, etc. they are like a fashion computer!! Then they leap into action and pick out an entire custom set of stuff (pants, shirt, hat, glasses, shoes, jacket) that not only goes together but goes with you.

....No guy can ever do the magic these chicks can do.....

Excellent advice.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Renata » Wed May 23, 2012 11:29 am

I notice this is an old thread but those clothes don't suite you well. They're very nice though.

Choose items which skim over areas you want to disguise. For instance, if you want to look slimmer, move away from skin tight vests, avoid all t-shirs in general, Stick with long sleeves; they'll make your body look more proportional and "together." All tops should have a waistline, it they don't then thy will look ballooned & make u look bigger.

Use caution when buying pants. Choose pants with a smooth front: no pleats! Pleated pants poof out below the waistband, drawing attention to your stomach. Also, when buying pants, pay attention to the rise. Too high a rise can create the illusion of a tummy even if you have a 6-pack. Wear your pants at belly button level. If you wear them under your belly, you'll just draw attention to your gut.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Wed May 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Winston, based on your pictures, I'm afraid that this topic belongs in the "Humor/Comic Relief" forums!
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions