HANDSOME Winston: New photos and clothes - What do you all think? lol

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

FreeYourMind wrote:That's what this site is all about at the key level, Winston's ego. He's oblivious to much of what goes on, and many posters are incredibly hostile towards him, but he likes the attention whether negative or positive. He doesn't care about trolls and what the quality posters think, it's always about him and him only.
Which is why when the quality posters leave his site to create their own, his ego will make a 180 and kick him in the arse.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

shiryu400
Freshman Poster

Post by shiryu400 »

Winston, listen to what some have said here: get a nice blazer. You can wear it with a t-shirt or a v-neck or a button-down (AKA dress shirt).

Take a look at this link:
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-3056483 ... n-man.html
''Actually, with those dirty movies, I find like, they're good for about fifteen, twenty minutes. I'm really interested. And, then, uh, there's one point, that all of a sudden I'm bored. You know? I-... I just lose interest completely and I feel deeply ashamed.''

-Comedian Norm MacDonald
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these new shoes I got last time I was in Taichung at a high end mall. What do you think? How do they look?

This is the guy I bought the shoes from. I told Ann to take my photo with him so you could all see what a good looking guy he is compared to me. lol. Ann said that I should style the top of my head like his. Do you guys think that's a good idea?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Say no to horizontal stripes Winston, they ad width. Shoes are one of the first thing a women looks at. It is important for them to be clean, functional for what you are doing and the more high end the better. With you hair some style in-between the one you have now and the guy in the picture. Don't try and look to young because that gives off a desperate vibe. Be comfortable in your skin and with your age and girls half your age will not mind it.
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I like the first two pair that you bought. Very clean, casual, and goes well with lots of stuff. I tend to buy Adidas or Lacoste shoes that look like that.

The last pair isn't all that great. You shouldn't wear trainers. They don't look good unless you're going to the gym or something.

Ann is right about your hair. You should style the top of your hair and grow it out a little if you can. Dogboy is right too, get rid of your horizontal striped polos. Wear more stylish colored single color shirts in magenta, dark blue, black, etc..
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:I like the first two pair that you bought. Very clean, casual, and goes well with lots of stuff. I tend to buy Adidas or Lacoste shoes that look like that.

The last pair isn't all that great. You shouldn't wear trainers. They don't look good unless you're going to the gym or something.

Ann is right about your hair. You should style the top of your hair and grow it out a little if you can. Dogboy is right too, get rid of your horizontal striped polos. Wear more stylish colored single color shirts in magenta, dark blue, black, etc..
You mean you don't like those black shoes? But those were the most expensive. They were light as a feather, and could be used for sports or for formal wear right? They have a formal look about them.

How do I style the top of my hair exactly?

Ann told me that dark colors make you look old, not young. So she advised that I wear bright colors. She even suggested that I wear red shoes. Is she right or crazy? For some reason, she doesn't like anything in dark colors.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: You mean you don't like those black shoes? But those were the most expensive. They were light as a feather, and could be used for sports or for formal wear right? They have a formal look about them.
Trainers look terrible with an outfit. Trainers are for the gym you don't use them like dual purpose shoes.
How do I style the top of my hair exactly?
Go to a hair stylist and look at one of their books and choose something. The really short conservative looks just makes you look like a taxi driver or not fun.
Ann told me that dark colors make you look old, not young. So she advised that I wear bright colors. She even suggested that I wear red shoes. Is she right or crazy? For some reason, she doesn't like anything in dark colors.
You already look old Winston. The whole point is to present yourself classy and well dressed. There's nothing wrong with some bright colored shirts but it has to fit the occasion.

She's a moron. Don't wear red shoes for f**k's sake. This girl is full of really bad advice sometimes.

Girls like brighter colors. That is certainly true.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Winston, the 10 Wardrobe Essentials

This is your sexy Man-ual lol

1) One pair each; comfortable black and brown shoes, not sneakers/trainers.
(you may like boots though. There are some dressy ones that fell like sneakers)

2) A white shirt that fits, not baggy but has some shape to it.
(A white shirt is the epitome of simple, timeless, classic. It goes with everything and brightens your face, no matter your skin tone.)

3) 1 tie (A navy blue tie is a must. You can wear it with brown or black, and it's appropriate for business or casual wear.)

4) A fitted blazer (black or navy because you are asian & have yellow undertones in your skin; brown would wash u out, darker colours create contrast) (the difference between a blazer and a suit coat? A suit coat matches a pair of pants, while a blazer complements your pants, any pants; especially jeans)

5) Dark denim (Go plain - no tears or whiskering. In terms of cut, bootcut and straight leg are great.)

6) A brown and black belt (Purchase a simple belt with medium thickness to be worn in business and casual settings. Remember, the less ornate, the more versatile.)

7) V-neck shirts only (makes u look less round; more streamline)

8 ) V-neck sweaters only (A V-neck sweater is an essential tool for layering in the winter. Wear it over a v-neck or a button-up and under a nice coat to achieve a classic, versatile look. Your Essential colors are black and navy. Lavender is also very nice on asians.)

9) A watch of your choice

10) A necklace/chain of your choice (Remember, the less ornate, the more versatile)

Same guy with 2 different looks; compare the V-neck to the baggy round neck top ... it naturally gives your body more shape regardless of your boady type

these are boots that feel like sneakers/trainers & can be worn with anything.

classy cut a for round face + a goatee
:wink:
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

ethan_sg wrote: See if you can find slimmer jeans and pants. Not skinny but they should at least be slim or straight-leg, although the feasibility of that will also depend on your waist size.
I don't think slimmer pants would help him, but I do think that shortening his pants a bit so they aren't so baggy would make them look better.

And I agree with the others here that Winston should grow his hair out more and get a better hairstyle.

And why not just start exercising a bit, Winston? I read about a Marine who did 3 sets of push ups every day after he woke up. You might want to try the same and see what results it gets you. Also, go for fast walks (or better, fast walks up hills!) 4 to 6 times a week.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Renata wrote:Winston, the 10 Wardrobe Essentials

This is your sexy Man-ual lol
I agree nearly 100% with everything you have said here. I own several white shirts some with buttonless collars and they are always easy to match up on a night out. Plus it looks classy with a nice leather jacket.

On top of what you have mentioned already i'd recommend the various 5 hole non-black Doc Marten's which look great with casual/classy outfits.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNIB-MENS-DR-MA ... 6rk%3D3%26

The boots you suggested look more like Timberlands which aren't bad but Winston is kind of short and pudgy. They would look a little too workmanlike for him.
royalism
Freshman Poster

Post by royalism »

Hi everyone - first post here -

Winston, the clothes you are wearing in those photos makes you look like a high school white boy. It seems that you lack a sense of fashion. Some people dress shitty because they don't care, but in your case it seems like you don't know how to dress at all?

I think what makes women attracted to you is not your outer physical appearance, rather is rather your sense of individuality and the ability to express yourself and "host" conversations.

You have gotten the "inner being" part of you down, but your sense of fashion..... its not horrendous, BUT lacks "character". It makes you look like a passerby. If you just want to be some guy who is low-key and dont want much attention on you when you are in public places, you are doing a good job.

try sticking to collar shirts like polos or short-sleeved button up shirts with or without designs. and for God's sake don't wear those plaid-Gap/American Eagle-looking shirts
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

royalism wrote:Hi everyone - first post here -

Winston, the clothes you are wearing in those photos makes you look like a high school white boy. It seems that you lack a sense of fashion. Some people dress shitty because they don't care, but in your case it seems like you don't know how to dress at all?

I think what makes women attracted to you is not your outer physical appearance, rather is rather your sense of individuality and the ability to express yourself and "host" conversations.

You have gotten the "inner being" part of you down, but your sense of fashion..... its not horrendous, BUT lacks "character". It makes you look like a passerby. If you just want to be some guy who is low-key and dont want much attention on you when you are in public places, you are doing a good job.

try sticking to collar shirts like polos or short-sleeved button up shirts with or without designs. and for God's sake don't wear those plaid-Gap/American Eagle-looking shirts
You're not making sense. Before Ann set me up with this new style, I had been wearing what you suggest above. I've been wearing nice polo shirts or button up shirts with slacks or jeans.

I do not have bad fashion sense. It's just that most clothes don't look good on me. I am very visually oriented and have good taste in clothes. I am good at helping women pick out clothes for them and finding sexy clothes that accentuate their beauty and look good on them. That's why women like to take me shopping with them to get my opinion.

Fashion is not rocket science. Anyone can look in a magazine or watch modern movies to see what good fashion looks like.

I have many clothes that look like this:

But the problem is that such clothes on me don't look as good. I still look pudgy and wide, and thus nice neat clothes like the one above look a little sloppy on me, cause they aren't as "tight" on my body.

This UK guy long ago who always dogged my fashion also told me to wear tight fitting clothes. When I did, everyone told me that it made me look fat. So who do I listen to? Fashion is not an objective science. It is subjective.

Plus it varies from culture to culture. What Ann told me looks good may apply to Taiwan culture. She is smart and sassy, so I thought she knew best. But my usual clothes are what you describe above, and have been for many years.

I don't usually like t-shirts. I prefer solid colors, or button up shirts that look upscale and more professional. I had a blazer in Seattle too. Here is one I wore when I worked there, and was dating a girl there.

I agree with one thing you said. Fashion doesn't make much of a difference when it comes to attraction. Fashion can accentuate your look and make a good looking guy more stylish and hip. But it can't make an unattractive guy become attractive. It doesn't create attraction either. I've never heard of a girl say she was attracted to a guy because of his fashion.

So most of this talk is bickering over nothing.

I can't just walk into a hair salon and ask them to style the top of my hair. They may give me a catalogue of pics. But you guys got to be specific. Do you mean spike it up or have it stick up like an ocean wave?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another pic of me in a blazer. How does it look?

Royalism, I've always dressed as you described - button up shirt or polo and slacks or jeans. So what's new? There is nothing wrong with that. It's normal and how most decent guys dress. So why all the confusion?

See some examples below:

As you can see, it's very normal. Nothing bad. Lots of guys dress like that. You can see it everywhere. So what's wrong with dressing normal???

What's with all the high school mentality here? I think most of this fashion nitpicking is just a way to pick on me. Mature adults don't make an issue out of it, as long as you wear clean clothes and look decent. No one in the adult working world makes an issue out of this, unless you are working in the fashion industry.
Last edited by Winston on June 25th, 2012, 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: Image
This actually looks alright.

Winston, one major problem I see is that your clothes never seem to fit properly. You like to wear baggy or loose fitting shirts. This looks like shit and it doesn't hide your belly like you think it does. It actually just makes you look disheveled. Wear shirts that don't have loose short sleeves that hang to your elbow. The clothes hang off you like that because you probably buy the largest sizes which are made for people with broad shoulders and long torsos.

Since you're in Taiwan go shop at uniqlo. I said this before many times. It's a Japanese chain and the clothing there fits people with narrower shoulders. I'm sure there's lots of stuff there that would fit you and look good.

Stop wearing those stupid looking plaid and horizontal striped shirts too. This looks like total shit.
But it can't make an unattractive guy become attractive. It doesn't create attraction either. I've never heard of a girl say she was attracted to a guy because of his fashion.
That's not really true either. If you have a nice dress sense people do take notice. Even if you're unattractive it shows that you take care of yourself.
I can't just walk into a hair salon and ask them to style the top of my hair. They may give me a catalogue of pics. But you guys got to be specific. Do you mean spike it up or have it stick up like an ocean wave?
Just try different things, anything will look better than the short conservative office buzz that you have right now.