Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Winston's new clothes and photos - What do you think?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby royalism » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:49 am

Winston wrote:I do not have bad fashion sense. It's just that most clothes don't look good on me.


I don't know how to put this but, clothes are like a "second skin". it's not that most clothes don't look good on you, its just that you haven't really found a style that fits YOU. When you are wearing certain outfit that makes you look good, your confidence increases plentifold.

Winston wrote:Fashion is not rocket science.


Right. Fashion is an ART, not a SCIENCE. The guy above me is bang on. The clothes you wear, even though they are short button ups or polos, you make it look really awkward (or nerdy) when you tuck your shirt inside inside your jeans. But these photos look really old from years ago. Hell, I remember wearing weird shit in my high school days :lol:

You don't need to tuck your short sleeved shirts in. Here's an example

Image

See how that works??? Don't wear feminine asian looking clothes like uniqlo or whatever the f**k. Its for gay asian yuppies who are into jpop and kpop.

No I'm not picking on you. This thread is to critique your fashion. Not the man you are.

By the way that picture with you in the white stripped polo and the khahkis is something that looks quite normal compared to the other photos from the original post

As for your hairstyle, its kinda army/communist china looking. If you like it the way it is, then stick with it.
royalism
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:41 am







Postby Renata » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:34 pm

I really like this one

Image

& You look really good in this one too;
I wish I could take u shopping I really like doing that kind of stuff lol :D

Image
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Repatriate » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:53 pm

royalism wrote:See how that works??? Don't wear feminine asian looking clothes like uniqlo or whatever the f**k. Its for gay asian yuppies who are into jpop and kpop.

Uniqlo isn't gay asian pop stuff it's regular looking clothes but just tastefully and simply designed. They sell a lot of stuff that looks good as casual wear and it's not expensive.

Banana Republic, A&F, and Gap stuff looks far gayer if you want to go there.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Repatriate » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Renata wrote:& You look really good in this one too;
I wish I could take u shopping I really like doing that kind of stuff lol :D

Image

Renata you have a pretty good eye for style. I thought this looked pretty good on Winston too. I think Winston needs to stick with classy/dressy italian style shirts.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Renata » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:07 pm

yes Repatriate he does look sharper here ... I wonder what winston would look like with a goatee & dark eyebrows like mine :)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Winston » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:48 pm

I just discovered something this morning.

The camera really does add 10 pounds to you. I took plenty of photos of myself with my cell phone in the mirror. I compared the photos with what I saw of myself in the mirror and noticed a real difference. In the mirror, I looked more narrow, but in photos, I looked wider and more pudgy. I took many photos of my legs in the mirror and they looked shorter and wider in photos compared to the mirror, where they looked long and thin.

It appears that I'm about 2 inches narrower in real life than in photos. This is true of anyone, unless they are really skinny. Try testing this yourself in the mirror and you will see what I mean.

What this means is that I am BETTER looking in real life than in photos! Did you hear that Repatriate? My extensive testing today taking photos of myself in the mirror proves that. Anyone can replicate this.

This is a scientific fact and well documented. There are many articles about this online. Here are some:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... y_fat.html

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... ounds-plus

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5130763_camer ... ounds.html

How to look thinner in photos:

http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstylepho ... topose.htm

Secret No. 1: Turn partially sideways to the camera, planting one foot in front of the other. Point your toe to the camera and place your weight on your back foot.

Secret No. 2: Pull head forward slightly to minimize any appearance of a double chin.

Secret No. 3: Hold arms slightly away from your body. This keeps upper arm flab from flattening out and therefore appearing flabbier (much like thighs do when one sits on a couch).

Secret No. 4: Pull shoulders back, chest forward and gently suck stomach in. Be careful not to suck stomach so far in that your ribs show, thereby causing those who later see the photo to cluck to themselves in a bemused, sing-song voice, "She's sucking i-in."

Secret No. 5: If you can get away with it without looking like a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Girl wannabe, try the look away trick. To do this, look away from the camera, then turn towards it, breaking into a smile just before the camera clicks. Your smile will appear fresh, not frozen. This trick takes practice behind closed, locked doors.

When taking a photo it's also important the photographer does not snap the picture from below. This adds another 20-50 pounds to the 10 pounds automatically and annoying added by the camera. Find out why cameras add 10 pounds in this article by Geek Sugar.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Repatriate » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Winston wrote:
What this means is that I am BETTER looking in real life than in photos! Did you hear that Repatriate? My extensive testing today taking photos of myself in the mirror proves that. Anyone can replicate this.

Winston you realize some mirrors also make people look taller too based on angle? Especially the ones in department stores and in homes. What is your point? There's no way that a photo is distorting you to the point where your face and body is grossly out of shape. I believe some people may look a little larger (or smaller) on camera but there's no hiding your obvious deficiencies.

Plus most of the criticism on here is about your sloppy unkempt dress style. Unless the camera is magically causing you to wear shitty clothes too.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Winston » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
What this means is that I am BETTER looking in real life than in photos! Did you hear that Repatriate? My extensive testing today taking photos of myself in the mirror proves that. Anyone can replicate this.

Winston you realize some mirrors also make people look taller too based on angle? Especially the ones in department stores and in homes. What is your point? There's no way that a photo is distorting you to the point where your face and body is grossly out of shape. I believe some people may look a little larger (or smaller) on camera but there's no hiding your obvious deficiencies.

Plus most of the criticism on here is about your sloppy unkempt dress style. Unless the camera is magically causing you to wear shitty clothes too.


If I wear shitty clothes, then so do most guys. Guys all around me are wearing the same things. Get real here. Clothes aren't bad. They just look bad on me because I have to get large or x-large and then it looks baggy on me. But on hot guys, the same clothes would look hot. There's nothing wrong with my clothes. They are very normal. They just keep looking baggy on me cause of my frame and height.

Nothing wrong with nice polo, button up shirt, and slacks or jeans. Everyone wears that.

Remember the quote: "We see things not as they are, but as we are." Perhaps you are projecting your insecurities onto me.

See the article links above. It is a scientific fact that photos make people fatter and wider. Thus, it is a fact that I look thinner in person than in photos. Photos put 3D into 2D, which removed the depth perception and makes people look larger. In 3D I and many others actually look thinner. Just please take that into account Repatriate.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:30 am

Btw, I have good fashion sense. Ask women. They like taking me shopping with them, because I am good at picking out what looks good on them, and mixing matching colors. When a girl asks me "Does this look good on me?" I don't just say yes or not. I give REASONS why or why it doesn't look good on her. Women respect my fashion sense when it comes to helping them pick out clothes.

I'm not stupid. I know nice clothes when I see them. Don't mischaracterize me. It's just that a lot of nice clothes look weird and abnormal on me. You can take clothes off a hot guy, put them on me, and it would look weird. My problem is that my tastes and preferences don't match my looks.

Repatriate, btw, Ann may or may not be right in her opinion of what I should wear, and about wearing red shoes too. But at least she was right about that Thai girl being a ladyboy, which you were wrong about. lol. Why is it so hard for you to say "I was wrong"? lol Is your ego really that thick? lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby TruthOrConsequences » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Here's my little 2 cents, Winston. If I were you, I would start working out and spending more time in the sun. By working out I don't mean going to the gym and pumping iron with steroids and protein shakes and all. You can start doing something as simple as pushups and situps. Also try to walk more and walking up and down the stairs does a lot of good too. You'd be surprised how much extra weight you could trim off just by doing those four things. You may wanna try some yoga too. Suntanning and getting some nice tan will make your face look healthier and more defined.

As far as clothes, you're doing fine. I would just stick to darker colors and conservative style attire. Dark blue, grey, brown are all good colors. You in your age need to convey confidence and authority, you know. Gotta act and look like a man who's been through lots of shit, which I know you have. It's not no secret that women are always attracted to the bad boys and the thugs, so you should try to fit that image in a subtle kind of way. Get some tattoos, work out, suntan for a little bit. You get the idea.
Jusqu'au bout a tout prix..
User avatar
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:28 pm

...
Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby Winston » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:11 pm

I've just confirmed it. Photos do make me look fatter than in person. I recently proved this. I looked at myself in some mirrors, and saw that I looked thinner than in photos. To make sure that the mirrors didn't make me look thinner than I was, I tested it by showing my hand and different objects in the mirror. Sure enough, the mirrors showed my hand and different objects I held up just as accurately as when I viewed them with my naked eye. You can test this yourself.

However, when I take a photo of things, not just people, but of objects, everything gets wider. It is a scientific fact that photos make objects look wider. 3d objects in 2d look wider. That's a fact. So the camera does add pounds. I look thinner in the mirror, which I proved by testing it with different objects.

Also, when I take photos of girls legs as they pass by, I notice that every time, the legs I photograph look wider on photo than I see in person. I've photographed thousands of hot skinny legs and have noticed that they do look fatter in photos.

So Repatriate is also wrong and stupid to dismiss this fact. He is too desperate to disparage me due to his unhappy insecure state of mind. Well f**k him!
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:14 pm

eurobrat wrote:Winston, I also noticed in your pictures you tend to sweat easily. I do also especially during the summer months.

I recommend you get some salicylic acid and wash your face before going out. That's what I do because my glands are always working.


I know. Maybe it's because I have a European soul, since a lot of European guys also sweat easily. That's why I prefer colder climates, like Europe. I fit in there the best. Asia is way too hot. Maybe northern China would be another possibility too, since it's not as hot.

Every great writer prefers to live in colder dryer climates, not hot or humid climates, because they interfere with deep thinking. Every great artist, musician, composer, writer and philosopher has come from a cold climate region. There's a reason for that.

Is there a biological reason why some people sweat profusely?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby eurobrat » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:04 pm

...
Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2266
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby Winston » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:09 pm

What is the Mediterranean climate like? How hot does it get? What about humidity?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23596
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests