Active HA Members: Post a Picture of Yourself!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Free
Freshman Poster

Post by Free »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:I hate to break up the party, but I don't believe posting pictures of ourselves is a good idea.

We say a lot of conversational things on this forum and with the advancements in facial recognition technology, in the future, employers or curious people may be able to submit your photo into some kind of website search engine and engine then scans the internet to find all the websites that you posted your picture on which could then prevent you from getting a job, or in worse case get you into hot water with the government that you're currently living under.

Nobody needs to know what anybody looks like (no offense to the original poster) and anybody who claims we are chickens for not revealing ourselves is just trying to manipulate us.
Possibly you meant to say: controversial things
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

good point :shock: ... :?
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Free wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:I hate to break up the party, but I don't believe posting pictures of ourselves is a good idea.

We say a lot of conversational things on this forum and with the advancements in facial recognition technology, in the future, employers or curious people may be able to submit your photo into some kind of website search engine and engine then scans the internet to find all the websites that you posted your picture on which could then prevent you from getting a job, or in worse case get you into hot water with the government that you're currently living under.

Nobody needs to know what anybody looks like (no offense to the original poster) and anybody who claims we are chickens for not revealing ourselves is just trying to manipulate us.
Possibly you meant to say: controversial things
^^ Yes! Thanks for the correction.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

This is me having a blast in Angeles City..

Naw not really, I jacked that. I have way too many zombies chasing me as it is right now.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Guyver wrote:
Seeker wrote:Aren't you worried about trolls stealing your pictures? I would only exchange pics by pm.
That is actually a good point. I was about to post mine until I realized that it could be used against me.

Agreed. See what happened in viewtopic.php?t=12260 :lol:

PM'ing each other for pics would be a better idea.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

Falcon wrote:
Guyver wrote:
Seeker wrote:Aren't you worried about trolls stealing your pictures? I would only exchange pics by pm.
That is actually a good point. I was about to post mine until I realized that it could be used against me.

Agreed. See what happened in viewtopic.php?t=12260 :lol:

PM'ing each other for pics would be a better idea.
haha , yes .. i had posted a pic of me , then after reading this i though it wasnt such a good idea :P, i put a pic of me with shades instead
.... yup PM'ing is a better idea
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Jeygonza wrote:This is the only picture of me I can put, this is me, I have nothing to hide. 100% Dominicana...

Tu es muy muy muy hermosa. Como viejo eres tu?
Se dice "Cuantos anos tienes?" en el lugar de lo anteriormente mencionado.
And if you want to say that somebody is looking good for their age, that can be said in many ways.

Por ejemplos, Esta envejeciendo con elegancia...con suavecidad....cualquier cosa.
Or Haces vieja muy buena o algo asi. (or something like that).
I know how to ask someone their age in Spanish... I always figured that I could get away with asking a Hispanic person "como viejo eres tu?" if they already know english. But if they do not, it is then that what I am saying could be taken as an insult.

Como- How

Viejo- Old

Eres- Are

Tu/Ud.- You

"Come viejo eres tu/Ud." is a direct word for word translation of "How old are you". It would be just like me asking the direct translation of "Cuantos anos tienes":

Cuantos- How many

Anos- Years

Tienes- Do You Have

to a non-Spanish, all-English speaking person: it would, at best, make no sense whatsoever.
LOL this exchange makes me remember a conversation I had with one of my (English) flatmates on my first year in London. In Italian we also construct the equivalent of "how many years do you have". I asked this guy what that sentence would sound like in English, he thought about it for a second, then laughed and said like it sounded like two fellow inmates asking about how many years of conviction they received! :D

Language barriers can be funny... :)