Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Active HA Members: Post a Picture of Yourself!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Iawesome60 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:01 am

Phoenix, Erik, and others know what I look like. I do not know which celebrity I look like. In real life, I wear glasses. I may try to get contacts and/or new glasses.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 am

Re: I have tried many times

Postby Winston » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:09 am

ErikHeaven wrote:It keeps saying the pic is too big. Even when it is small. I do not know what to do. Any pointers?


Open the photo in the Paint program of your Windows accessories. Then use the Resize feature from the menu above. Enter in 80 or 90 percent to make it a bit smaller. Repeat as necessary until the size fits.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23600
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Adama » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:01 am

I would post my picture and link to my Facebook if I thought it would benefit me in some way. As it is, I see no positives, only negatives. Maybe one day I will out-famous Wu by making my own blog with tons of my own pics with hot babes. But that day is not today.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Active HA Members: Post a Picture of Yourself!

Postby Jeygonza » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:29 am

Phoenix Sosa wrote:I can't believe no one has ever done this before! Okay, my avatar is my actual picture of me. Who's next? Don't be shy! I just want to see how you guys look. I only seen Winston and a few others in avatars. Anyway, let me start!

Here is the blown up version.

Image



Oh man! you really look like 2PAC...LOL How you doing?
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:53 am
Location: Dominican Republic

Postby Repatriate » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:00 am

Seeker wrote:
Dogboy86 wrote:I hope some folks are braver abroad then they are on an internet forum... lmfao!!!

This has actually happened on another forum I'm on. Trolls not only got pictures but found the real names and addresses of some members and put up a blog full of personal information with embarrassing quotes from the forum. They were aided in this by a disgruntled former member. Once your info is out there it's very hard and usually impossible to get rid of it. Given some of the more unstable characters on here, as well as the fact that a forum like this is a target for trolls, I'd wary of sharing much personal info on the forum, including pictures.

This is why I don't have facebook or divulge personal details on the internet. I can still find for sale posts I made back in 1998 on a now dead internet forum. These details about your life remain in cyberspace damn near forever. Kids these days are going to regret how they put everything up on social media sites. Employers, background investigators, stalkers, etc.. can find everything about your life just from the internet. If someone is motivated to do so they can really f**k your life up in various ways using this info.

There's even been some talk about financial institutions using social media sites to assess information about applicants that they aren't legally allowed to ask for.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby Jeygonza » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:38 am

This is the only picture of me I can put, this is me, I have nothing to hide. 100% Dominicana...
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:53 am
Location: Dominican Republic

Postby Truthville » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:14 am

I also have "privacy" concerns BUT one picture ain't going to destroy my life. It's also the picture I put on my "dating" profiles. It's maybe 4-5years old BUT I haven't changed much except I have a beard now! Also I seem to "look" like alot of other white men So................. :lol:

And lastly, since Phoenix took the "plunge" and is asking, I figure "why not?"

Peace!
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
Truthville
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 am

Postby zboy1 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:08 am

There are a lot of pretty decent-looking men posting pictures here on the forum. If you guys have trouble with getting American women, then I know they're something with the culture and society of the country!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:00 pm

I hate to break up the party, but I don't believe posting pictures of ourselves is a good idea.

We say a lot of conversational things on this forum and with the advancements in facial recognition technology, in the future, employers or curious people may be able to submit your photo into some kind of website search engine and engine then scans the internet to find all the websites that you posted your picture on which could then prevent you from getting a job, or in worse case get you into hot water with the government that you're currently living under.

Nobody needs to know what anybody looks like (no offense to the original poster) and anybody who claims we are chickens for not revealing ourselves is just trying to manipulate us.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:10 am

Jeygonza wrote:This is the only picture of me I can put, this is me, I have nothing to hide. 100% Dominicana...



Tu es muy muy muy hermosa. Como viejo eres tu?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby Dogboy86 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:41 am

Well seeing as everyone's picture is taken hundreds of times daily in the states and any probing form even local law enforcement will have you internet provider coughing up any and all info on you. I find it interesting that folks feel as they can hide anything or even the ability to no be noticed in today's society. Why worry over what there is no control over, one picture here will not ruin your life... I also find myself in good company of people that did post their pics... Merry Christmas all!
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: Safford, Az.

Postby E_Irizarry » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:44 am

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Jeygonza wrote:This is the only picture of me I can put, this is me, I have nothing to hide. 100% Dominicana...



Tu es muy muy muy hermosa. Como viejo eres tu?


Se dice "Cuantos anos tienes?" en el lugar de lo anteriormente mencionado.
And if you want to say that somebody is looking good for their age, that can be said in many ways.

Por ejemplos, Esta envejeciendo con elegancia...con suavecidad....cualquier cosa.
Or Haces vieja muy buena o algo asi. (or something like that).
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:33 am

E_Irizarry wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Jeygonza wrote:This is the only picture of me I can put, this is me, I have nothing to hide. 100% Dominicana...



Tu es muy muy muy hermosa. Como viejo eres tu?


Se dice "Cuantos anos tienes?" en el lugar de lo anteriormente mencionado.
And if you want to say that somebody is looking good for their age, that can be said in many ways.

Por ejemplos, Esta envejeciendo con elegancia...con suavecidad....cualquier cosa.
Or Haces vieja muy buena o algo asi. (or something like that).


I know how to ask someone their age in Spanish... I always figured that I could get away with asking a Hispanic person "como viejo eres tu?" if they already know english. But if they do not, it is then that what I am saying could be taken as an insult.

Como- How

Viejo- Old

Eres- Are

Tu/Ud.- You

"Come viejo eres tu/Ud." is a direct word for word translation of "How old are you". It would be just like me asking the direct translation of "Cuantos anos tienes":

Cuantos- How many

Anos- Years

Tienes- Do You Have

to a non-Spanish, all-English speaking person: it would, at best, make no sense whatsoever.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby E_Irizarry » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:03 am

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Jeygonza wrote:This is the only picture of me I can put, this is me, I have nothing to hide. 100% Dominicana...



Tu es muy muy muy hermosa. Como viejo eres tu?


Se dice "Cuantos anos tienes?" en el lugar de lo anteriormente mencionado.
And if you want to say that somebody is looking good for their age, that can be said in many ways.

Por ejemplos, Esta envejeciendo con elegancia...con suavecidad....cualquier cosa.
Or Haces vieja muy buena o algo asi. (or something like that).


I know how to ask someone their age in Spanish... I always figured that I could get away with asking a Hispanic person "como viejo eres tu?" if they already know english. But if they do not, it is then that what I am saying could be taken as an insult.

Como- How

Viejo- Old

Eres- Are

Tu/Ud.- You

"Come viejo eres tu/Ud." is a direct word for word translation of "How old are you". It would be just like me asking the direct translation of "Cuantos anos tienes":

Cuantos- How many

Anos- Years

Tienes- Do You Have

to a non-Spanish, all-English speaking person: it would, at best, make no sense whatsoever.


Not for nothing, but English is younger than Spanish. English is derived from Nordic, Germanic, Latin (Spanish/Portuguese), and even French type of languages therefore
thinking English is thinking in a limited derived subset of logic grammar rules of the original languages it had derived from.

It's like you going to a portable dictionary book to get all the definitions when the stationary Oxford English Dictionary book at the library has the original and ALL the definitions, which is greater than the subset which was the portable dictionary book.

What I'm thus yielding to is that you're thinking in English and how that should be the per-word of translations across languages.
Languages sometimes are very phrasal and compound meaning that a different combination of words, sometimes depending on the order, can mean one thing or another.
The relationship of nouns in adjectives in English work from left right as: article of ownership, adjective describing the noun, noun
Whereas in Portuguese and Spanish, it's as follows: article of ownership, noun, adjective describing the noun.
except in cases where the adjective is an adjective unit of order like "next" (i.e. siguiente, proximo/-a).

The more you practice Spanish, the more you realize where the adjectives go into which respective order. It's not English, and Spanish is not inferior nor superior to English either okay?
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:28 am

E_Irizarry wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Jeygonza wrote:This is the only picture of me I can put, this is me, I have nothing to hide. 100% Dominicana...



Tu es muy muy muy hermosa. Como viejo eres tu?


Se dice "Cuantos anos tienes?" en el lugar de lo anteriormente mencionado.
And if you want to say that somebody is looking good for their age, that can be said in many ways.

Por ejemplos, Esta envejeciendo con elegancia...con suavecidad....cualquier cosa.
Or Haces vieja muy buena o algo asi. (or something like that).


I know how to ask someone their age in Spanish... I always figured that I could get away with asking a Hispanic person "como viejo eres tu?" if they already know english. But if they do not, it is then that what I am saying could be taken as an insult.

Como- How

Viejo- Old

Eres- Are

Tu/Ud.- You

"Come viejo eres tu/Ud." is a direct word for word translation of "How old are you". It would be just like me asking the direct translation of "Cuantos anos tienes":

Cuantos- How many

Anos- Years

Tienes- Do You Have

to a non-Spanish, all-English speaking person: it would, at best, make no sense whatsoever.


Not for nothing, but English is younger than Spanish. English is derived from Nordic, Germanic, Latin (Spanish/Portuguese), and even French type of languages therefore
thinking English is thinking in a limited derived subset of logic grammar rules of the original languages it had derived from.

It's like you going to a portable dictionary book to get all the definitions when the stationary Oxford English Dictionary book at the library has the original and ALL the definitions, which is greater than the subset which was the portable dictionary book.

What I'm thus yielding to is that you're thinking in English and how that should be the per-word of translations across languages.
Languages sometimes are very phrasal and compound meaning that a different combination of words, sometimes depending on the order, can mean one thing or another.
The relationship of nouns in adjectives in English work from left right as: article of ownership, adjective describing the noun, noun
Whereas in Portuguese and Spanish, it's as follows: article of ownership, noun, adjective describing the noun.
except in cases where the adjective is an adjective unit of order like "next" (i.e. siguiente, proximo/-a).

The more you practice Spanish, the more you realize where the adjectives go into which respective order. It's not English, and Spanish is not inferior nor superior to English either okay?


You have a point there, but I was not trying to imply that Spanish nor English were superior or inferior to the other. I was thinking in English, but not even this deep, as you have put it. I appreciate you imparting your knowledge on a mind like mine.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Winston and 12 guests