Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

For Winston & others ... New Year, self-censoring

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

For Winston & others ... New Year, self-censoring

Postby S_Parc » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:31 pm

For Winston and others, the following has been signed by B.O. over the weekend ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Authorization_Act_for_Fiscal_Year_2012

From now on, anyone can be detained by the govt for an indeterminate length of time.

Thus, since a lot of this forum has a bit of a trash talk element to it, let's keep the Jerry Springer segments down to a peaceful type of bark.

Realize, we are now officially under a police state & being civil is mandated via martial law. Good luck.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby S_Parc » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:09 pm

logical_madness wrote:Here is some practical advice: Don't commit any crimes, work hard, save your money, and plan for the future.

Yes, corporations and politicians are out to screw you over. But you, as a sovereign individual, has the power of the mind to creatively think of solution to life's obstacles.

I think we all got the above.

The issue here is that some of the postings here, veer from the standard *talking smack* to sounding incendiary. With the Zeitgeist of the decade being surveillance, I recommend that people watch what they post and don't try to make this board look UN-American. Hoover out :!:
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby Disillusioned_American » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:02 am

The US is run by a bunch of zionist f***ing criminals. The evidence is everywhere and undeniable. They don't like what I have to say, they can come and get me. What do I have to lose? I don't relate to people in this world anyway.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Postby C.J. » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:27 pm

I love this decade! The more these stupid satanists try to keep people down, the bigger hole they dig themselves into! I'm gonna enjoy taking advantage of all those lovely computers+hard drives they're using for surveillance.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Postby Taco » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:32 am

I think the situation is worse then you think.

End Of Nations: Canada, The US And The "Security Perimeter"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9wBl3VXFu8
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby cadams84 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:56 am

The US could already detain anyone they wanted. They just had to say you were a terrorist.
cadams84
Freshman Poster

must watch!

Postby odbo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:27 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukbwQEA-SZc[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/user/TruthNeverTold

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46WUn69SaeY[/youtube]
odbo
Veteran Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:30 pm

martianmay wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
logical_madness wrote:Here is some practical advice: Don't commit any crimes, work hard, save your money, and plan for the future.

Yes, corporations and politicians are out to screw you over. But you, as a sovereign individual, has the power of the mind to creatively think of solution to life's obstacles.

I think we all got the above.

The issue here is that some of the postings here, veer from the standard *talking smack* to sounding incendiary. With the Zeitgeist of the decade being surveillance, I recommend that people watch what they post and don't try to make this board look UN-American. Hoover out :!:

I suspect your advice is tongue-in-cheek, but assuming you mean it, I have to say I disagree.

Members of this site should focus on obfuscating their online identities, not censoring their speech. If we fall into line and start surveilling ourselves then the goons win.

Everybody here is smart enough to figure out how to use Tor or use a VPN service purchased with bitcoins. Protect your IP! Eventually it's possible the gov will decide that unpatriotic speech should be criminalized.

The truly paranoid can tunnel through multiple VPN connections (using virtual machines for example). Don't trust VPN service providers. If they know who you are they could sell you out. (But VPN still better than naked IP)

But I think we have a ways to go before (if ever) it gets that bad.

If we can't speak freely then what do we have?

The best way to avoid IP tracing is to use another persons IP address. I know about tor, but the safest way is to use another persons IP. It's the only true way to surf anonymously.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:33 pm

martianmay wrote:
Honestly, why aren't people rioting in the streets?

Over the decades, mass education has changed the way people think to the point where they can't think for themselves anymore and that anything outside of mass media has no validity.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby Camp38 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 am

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
martianmay wrote:
Honestly, why aren't people rioting in the streets?

Over the decades, mass education has changed the way people think to the point where they can't think for themselves anymore and that anything outside of mass media has no validity.

There is a good book written by Milton Mayer called "They Thought They Were Free: The Germans, 1933-45" Everyone should read this. Just substitute the Country and dates to America and this decade. Questions regarding American mass apathy and ignorance will be clarified and you can stop wondering what the political and legal landscape will be like in the months and years to come. From the book which goes a long way in explaining why Americans appear to be such whipped dogs today. They’re no different from the Germans of recent memory.

Quote from the book:

“You see,â€￾ my colleague went on, “one doesn’t see exactly where or how to move. Believe me, this is true. Each act, each occasion, is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join with you in resisting somehow. You don’t want to act, or even talk, alone; you don’t want to ‘go out of your way to make trouble.’ … In the university community, in your own community, you speak privately to your colleagues, some of whom certainly feel as you do; but what do they say? They say, ‘It’s not so bad’ or ‘You’re seeing things’ or ‘You’re an alarmist.’

“These are the beginnings, yes; but how do you know for sure when you don’t know the end, and how do you know, or even surmise, the end? On the one hand, your enemies, the law, the regime, the Party, intimidate you. On the other, your colleagues pooh-pooh you as pessimistic or even neurotic… the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked… But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C?â€￾

It is incremental and coupled with fear and consumerist mentality along with a preponderance for irrelevant things: sports, keeping up with the proverbial Jones, celebrity gossip and Hollywood worship...the future looks dismal in terms of reaching some apex of mass awakening when real change is sorely needed. For me, I have already began my liquidation of all my assets, debt paid off, cash and carry and living extremely frugal and saving for the inevitable relocation. I see the Nov 2012 election as the final stage. We either have MORE corporatism and a continuation of police state measures or we have a chance at liberty, restoration of the constitution and some semblance of what life could have, should have and would have been in the USA. Like many I am all out of patience and the social isolation is just not worth the additional mental and spiritual torture of living in a society of perpetual lemmings who embrace their slavery and stupidity.
Camp38
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions