Why do good men do so much better abroad than in the USA?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ExpatLife4Me
Freshman Poster

Why do good men do so much better abroad than in the USA?

Post by ExpatLife4Me »

So first off I just want to define what I mean by a good man. The kind of man I am referring to is the guy of average looks who works hard, takes care of himself, doesn't do anything too reckless, and basically just lives a balanced life. He's the kind of guy who would probably be labeled a "nice guy" by most AW and would probably spend the majority of his life lonely and depressed in the USA.
This begs the question though: Why do so many good men in the USA just get totally ignored by AW? I have heard a few different explanations for this however the most generally accepted one seems to be the idea that in wealthy countries women don't need men for providers so they go around with bad guys because they find them more entertaining.
While I can see this as clearly being true in the USA, I don't think this applies to all wealthy industrialized countries. I have met several girls from France, Germany, Japan, and even Scandinavia who, despite being raised in wealthy societies, actually appreciated a good man. To be honest, I consider this whole notion that the socioeconomic conditions of the country where a woman was born determine whether she pursues bad boys or good men to be just plain wrong. If it was true then I would not have met so many good girls from other wealthy industrialized countries. I think the reason is actually something more cultural, like there is something inherently wrong with American (and possibly all Anglo culture) that produces such spoiled, immature, low-quality girls.
I'm pretty sure that this same good man, had he grown up in Continental Europe, would have a loving girlfriend or wife and would be recognized for what he is; a good man.
What do you think? Any thoughts?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Re: Why do good men do so much better abroad than in the USA

Post by AmericanInMexico »

ExpatLife4Me wrote:So first off I just want to define what I mean by a good man. The kind of man I am referring to is the guy of average looks who works hard, takes care of himself, doesn't do anything too reckless, and basically just lives a balanced life. He's the kind of guy who would probably be labeled a "nice guy" by most AW and would probably spend the majority of his life lonely and depressed in the USA.
This begs the question though: Why do so many good men in the USA just get totally ignored by AW? I have heard a few different explanations for this however the most generally accepted one seems to be the idea that in wealthy countries women don't need men for providers so they go around with bad guys because they find them more entertaining.
While I can see this as clearly being true in the USA, I don't think this applies to all wealthy industrialized countries. I have met several girls from France, Germany, Japan, and even Scandinavia who, despite being raised in wealthy societies, actually appreciated a good man. To be honest, I consider this whole notion that the socioeconomic conditions of the country where a woman was born determine whether she pursues bad boys or good men to be just plain wrong. If it was true then I would not have met so many good girls from other wealthy industrialized countries. I think the reason is actually something more cultural, like there is something inherently wrong with American (and possibly all Anglo culture) that produces such spoiled, immature, low-quality girls.
I'm pretty sure that this same good man, had he grown up in Continental Europe, would have a loving girlfriend or wife and would be recognized for what he is; a good man.
What do you think? Any thoughts?
It's a simple answer. American society has produced individuals with low attention spans who view boredom as a living hell. The result is that American women want to constantly be entertained and a good man is not as entertaining as the bad boy. In other industrialized countries that you mentioned, people are not constantly excessively stimulated and so do not find good men boring the way American women do.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I think tv plays a big role in this. Americans watch more tv than anybody else in the world. There are so many reality tv shows and other crazy stuff that tells women that they can pout, stamp their feet and demand whatever they want in a man.

Also, tv shows and movies in America show men as incompetent losers and shows women as being smart and independent. Even commericals on tv show this. Check out this great blog called, "Anglobitch" it will explain to you all you need to know regarding women in anglo counntries.

http://kshatriya-anglobitch.blogspot.com/
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

@AmericanInMexico
It's a simple answer. American society has produced individuals with low attention spans who view boredom as a living hell. The result is that American women want to constantly be entertained and a good man is not as entertaining as the bad boy. In other industrialized countries that you mentioned, people are not constantly excessively stimulated and so do not find good men boring the way American women do.
I would have to say that's an accurate point of view. I agree!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

In the U.S., countless guys have been chronically ignored and friend-zoned - i.e., not considered to be potential romantic partners - for being average nice/good guys. This should not happen unless there are gross gender ratio disparities such as in China. This certainly does not happen among working-class Latin Americans.

As I've posted in viewtopic.php?t=12355 :
Additionally, nearly all functional, working-class Mexican guys in their 20's or above will be married or at least in some sort of relationship. Income and occupation are irrelevant! There are plenty of Mexican guys earning USD $5-$10 a day who are happily married with children.

Chronic datelessness and loneliness are seriously unheard of unless you're talking about disabled people, the homeless, or drug addicts. Local Mexicans are often puzzled by why so many foreign travelers are single, and always travel solo. :wink:
Many times, I've been told by women in Mexico that they admire me for being a "persona muy buena" ("very good person") - especially women who know what poverty and abuse are all about. You're basically good enough if you're a "guy of average looks who works hard, takes care of himself, doesn't do anything too reckless, and basically just lives a balanced life" (quoting the OP).

While traveling in southern Mexico, I've been admired by indigenous Amerindian girls from a town in western Oaxaca called San Juan Copala. They're from an Indian tribe called the Triqui, which is surrounded by the more populous Mixtecs. They joked that they'll get me married to a Triqui girl, and even asked me if I have any nephews or cousins available for them, haha. Now do a Google search on "San Juan Copala violence" and you'll see why. The town has had food shortages, blockades, shootings, rapes, and tortures for many years due to power struggles and anarchy in general. Traditional martial customs don't make the situation any better. Since Triqui men have to pay dowries of tens of thousands of pesos in order to get a wife, they will often feel they own the wife and can do anything they want to her. Of course, this can sometimes result in some horrible domestic violence. The Triqui women also told me that many of the men in their town are known for excessive drunkenness and violence (though there are many good local men too, but they get taken quickly). Later, I found that this claim is further confirmed by an academic source in http://www.sil.org/mexico/mixteca/triqu ... ch-trc.htm :
The Copala Trique are known throughout the area for drunkenness and violence. Feuding and murder (usually with high-powered army rifles) are very common. Murderers often escape punishment by hiding in the hills, but sometimes spend time in jail in the local market towns or in the state penitentiary in Oaxaca.
So then I understood why they would like me. :D If you were a women growing up under these conditions, you would definitely want a nice guy unless you were an absolute nutcase.

On the other hand, arrogant First World women need to wake up and become aware of the world around them.
Last edited by Falcon on January 19th, 2012, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Now here is what life is like for indigenous Triqui women in San Juan Copala, Oaxaca. These are folks who know how to appreciate nice people, because they've been through so much.

Now here's some legit feminism: Indigenous women protesting and campaigning for basic rights.

ExpatLife4Me
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpatLife4Me »

Thanks for the responses, you guys. There is no denying that a certain amount of why American women act the way they do is because they are so spoiled, and it makes sense that women growing in more hostile conditions would be more appreciative of a good man. However, that still doesn't explain why women from other industrialized countries outside of the Anglosphere, who have not had to go through such traumatic experiences, are still more appreciative of good men. Like I said, I have met women from Western Europe (excluding the UK) who grew up in normal middle-class homes who are still far less bitchy than American women and much more appreciative of good men.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: ...

Post by Repatriate »

ExpatLife4Me wrote:Thanks for the responses, you guys. There is no denying that a certain amount of why American women act the way they do is because they are so spoiled, and it makes sense that women growing in more hostile conditions would be more appreciative of a good man. However, that still doesn't explain why women from other industrialized countries outside of the Anglosphere, who have not had to go through such traumatic experiences, are still more appreciative of good men. Like I said, I have met women from Western Europe (excluding the UK) who grew up in normal middle-class homes who are still far less bitchy than American women and much more appreciative of good men.
Early colonists in the U.S. had a gender shortage which was exacerbated by religious fundamentalism (which was the norm back then), war, and resources. Women adapt these norms whether they be racial or national. in the case of the U.S. race is a blinding source of differences and various individuals work to profit or squelch most of it.

So over time America evolved the more puritantical roots which have self contained highly hypocritical viewpoints. The reason why religious sects split apart is because of political/social concerns.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 26th, 2019, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on January 5th, 2021, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:......Understand that American women are damaged goods via conditioning. You can change what it took 21, oops it should be approx. 45, years to screw-up!
Fixed. :P
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Very good post Contrarian, I have lived first hand what your saying. I have dated women here that look and act great at first, then as they get to know me the tests begain. Do I live up to my hard look? Will I put hands on them if they act out? Given the chance to get with an equal or better girl will I take it? Will I spend with no concern for tomorrow? These are day to day things being with one of these type women. I'm no longer playing the game by the rules and have in my own way fliped the scrip on them. No more of that nonsense...

They want to be treated poorly to feed their desire to be the victim and have others feel sorry for them. They need to have this pity to continue to play their games.
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Lost Soul
Freshman Poster

Post by Lost Soul »

because women in other countries(non western) are a lot more dependent on men plus they still live in a culture that where families are important and valued.
Introvert
Freshman Poster

Post by Introvert »

After much pondering on this subject (many years), I've come to the conclusion that the major common factor is, in fact, the English language. (Sorry, that's all I got.)
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Konradzsky wrote:Since everyone here is bashing American women like 2 year olds. I will argue the opposite.

Nobody is forcing you to be with American women. Just like you're not forced to eat all those cheetos, or drink liters of Mountain Dew, because you have other choices such as Wendys and Ginger Ale. Hunting p***y in moderation relates to consuming non-excessively.

There are good American gals out there. You're all looking in the wrong places such as bars and clubs. Those drunk slut skanks are cum dumpsters for anyone who has $5. You will find quality women at Starbucks, Wendys, Subway, Outlet malls, libraries, and cafes.

A good man is consistent with his beliefs, stands up for his friends, and honors his word.

A bad boy does whatever the f**k he wants, never shows up on time, dickslaps hoes like a hockey stick on a puck, and drinks merrily to his heart's content.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster. THUG LIFE! cuz I keep it big pimpin' sweet like orange chicken stay breezy and eazy like lil weezy. I'm so poetic.
Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything, though having said that pressure from others to conform is very powerful.

Good Women in America? Sure but they are in much less supply than other women available. I don't agree that legitimate complaints about the state of relationships in America is not like Two year olds (who can barely talk) bashing AW. I agree that many men make mistakes they logistically shouldn't make but they do.

Good women in Starbucks, Wendy's, Subway and Outlet Malls??? Are you serious? The majority of women in those locations are teenagers and young adults... I'm fairly sure the majority of posters here are in their 30's or older. You know how AW feel about large age differences, they don't like them! 2-5-7 years is normal. Only women with children from other relationships are willing to go 10-12 years in age difference.

Are you saying these are the only "Good" women left????? Those and BBW's?

I've met women various ways and its just not as simple as looking for nice women in some area or place of business. What horrifying simple logic!