I am hoping to go overseas with one of you guys soon.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Mr., if you do not believe that I am a student, I will gladly send you a copy of my college student ID AND my student schedule. Also, I do reside in a homeless shelter, similar to E_Irizarry, even though he has travelled overseas. I would be willing to go with you, but, due to my living situation and my school enrollment/money situation, travelling with you would be very impractical as of right now. :-( I am serious about finding a wife, and that's why I want to go with you one day.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Just take online classes (distant learning) in college and use the financial aid they give you to go to Ukraine or Thailand. I'm not sure by how much but it would be a lower cost of living than Texas, so you could stay there, chasing women while finishing your studies.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

odbo wrote:Just take online classes (distant learning) in college and use the financial aid they give you to go to Ukraine or Thailand. I'm not sure by how much but it would be a lower cost of living than Texas, so you could stay there, chasing women while finishing your studies.

Ukraine sounds like a very good idea... I am in a community college, by the way...
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

lookin4happiness wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
lookin4happiness wrote:Its tough out there man.. But you just gotta go for ANY JOB even as a janitor or cleaning bathrooms in McDonalds... Things will pick up for you... slowly slowly
I am also in college; I forgot to mention that.

Well then, WHy are you hoping to be going abroad if you don't have any money?
I've suggested several times he donate Plasma, I make $300+ a month and I manage to save a majority of it. Things in life come up, my stepfather needed to borrow $100 and I needed to pay for the dog to see the vet ($35) only for us have to put her down anyway. I got that back, but the $100 I don't need until its time to go, plus tax returns will be filed soon, so I don't care that much at the moment.

As I will show, I'll be able to visit the woman/women I am talking too currently just off the proceeds of my donations and nothing else. I have some junk I need to get rid off as well, so when that goes I hope to get another $100-$200.
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

No offense ...

You are not going to find a wife living in a shelter. I can't even imagine someone living in a shelter and going to school.

Where are your parents ? Why are you not working a job and have room mates ? Of course you're not going to have a girlfriend living in a homeless shelter, I mean, come on.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

The Arab wrote:No offense ...

You are not going to find a wife living in a shelter. I can't even imagine someone living in a shelter and going to school.

Where are your parents ? Why are you not working a job and have room mates ? Of course you're not going to have a girlfriend living in a homeless shelter, I mean, come on.

None taken, my man; it's just that plenty of guys here either have girlfriends are married. Also, a few of the guys here go to the same college that I do; I attend a community college. Also my parents are in another part of the state, and after I graduated from Job Corps, I came here because I had already done my paperwork for the college I attend (a lady I met that works there helped me), and going home would have been impractical. Besides, living Here at a shelter, I have more independence than what I would have living with my parents. As for the job thing, I just recently got hired at a work study position at my school...
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

This has been on my mind as well. I was going to create a thread on the same topic later on. We're on the same page Hero. But my advice to you is that you need to concentrate on finishing school and saving an adequate amount of money to travel abroad.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Guys, I can't emphasize it enough that you need to get out there ALONE to experience the world. Don't wait for partners and travel buddies to go with you because your agenda over there is not only yours then.

Your first trip abroad can be a easy place like Canada, western Europe, the Caribbean, etc, just to get the experience of getting there and around. The women suck there, but you are gaining your footing in travel skills. After that, you can delve into more compelling places like Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, etc with no problem. It is there that you can start enjoying the better women.

Travel alone! You will meet more people that way, and you will forge the traveler in you to come to the surface. It is a life changing experience if you have the courage to try it onetime.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

@ Contrarian Expatriate

I happen to agree with you, but the reason why I was wanting to travel with someone is because that person has more experience than I do.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Guys, I can't emphasize it enough that you need to get out there ALONE to experience the world. Don't wait for partners and travel buddies to go with you because your agenda over there is not only yours then.

Travel alone! You will meet more people that way, and you will forge the traveler in you to come to the surface. It is a life changing experience if you have the courage to try it onetime.
The reason I want to go with at least one other person is because you will have someone to talk to and go out and eat with (instead of eating all your meals by yourself). Also, it will be more fun to travel with another person, if you travel alone it will be lonely.

Another good reason to go with another person, you will be safer, which is a huge factor.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Guys, I can't emphasize it enough that you need to get out there ALONE to experience the world. Don't wait for partners and travel buddies to go with you because your agenda over there is not only yours then.

Your first trip abroad can be a easy place like Canada, western Europe, the Caribbean, etc, just to get the experience of getting there and around. The women suck there, but you are gaining your footing in travel skills. After that, you can delve into more compelling places like Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, etc with no problem. It is there that you can start enjoying the better women.

100% agreed my good man. east european and central european women are super incredible. i just talked to a serbian that wants to skype with me. she is currently doing modeling. she is just so awesome.

besides, i want to travel by myself. i like the Hero of Men. He is a pretty cool guy. but i prefer to travel on my own. and i KNOW this is going to be so life changing.

This is it for me. this is the year of traveling, sex, fairytale friendships, fairytale relationships ( maybe the weirdest word to use ). :lol:

Its gonna get more awesome than that.
hillsboro
Freshman Poster

Post by hillsboro »

nice thread and i can relate to alot of it. and otb and hero hav a great idea w regards to goin with someone rather then alone. i hav been abroad to phils 2 times and both were alone but i met my sweetie at the airport. i personally would never do it alone. ill just throw this out there. i will be here in phils a few more months then i hav to go back to jersey. however i will be coming back to ph in aug or sept or oct of 2012... i hav alot of experience and would love to get on the plane from newark to the phils with one or two of you guys.. so many bennies with that. rent super cheap split 2 or 3 ways. goin out with one or 2 wing man is a guarantee hook up every night as long as there is a few single girls in the bars.. and bored and lonely cannot happen. its a great idea to go with someone in asia.. but theres alot of armchair wannabees who tlk a great game but will never buy the ticket and thats there problem. i will live in the phils six months out of the year for the rest of my life if i can and even for years out a time if i can money wise.. i so glad i made the trip the first time bec i learned that theres nothing to worry about here. i was so afraid to come here for whatever reason and it took me almost one year to pull the trigger.. -hillsboro
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

hillsboro wrote:nice thread and i can relate to alot of it. and otb and hero hav a great idea w regards to goin with someone rather then alone. i hav been abroad to phils 2 times and both were alone but i met my sweetie at the airport. i personally would never do it alone. ill just throw this out there. i will be here in phils a few more months then i hav to go back to jersey. however i will be coming back to ph in aug or sept or oct of 2012... i hav alot of experience and would love to get on the plane from newark to the phils with one or two of you guys.. so many bennies with that. rent super cheap split 2 or 3 ways. goin out with one or 2 wing man is a guarantee hook up every night as long as there is a few single girls in the bars.. and bored and lonely cannot happen. its a great idea to go with someone in asia.. but theres alot of armchair wannabees who tlk a great game but will never buy the ticket and thats there problem. i will live in the phils six months out of the year for the rest of my life if i can and even for years out a time if i can money wise.. i so glad i made the trip the first time bec i learned that theres nothing to worry about here. i was so afraid to come here for whatever reason and it took me almost one year to pull the trigger.. -hillsboro
Right On! Like I said Lewis and Clark! Men need to look at this as mission. Why not go together, are you hiding something?

I am on my path to Europe, conversations getting more varied, better more personal, every day on Skype now. I can give he the relationship she wants and that is always key. For a woman to say the L word first, you have to give her what she wants mentally.

Now with that said, I still have a few options. I am down for combining efforts, I will not let you know too late I need to bail out. So PM me with your ideas and details.