Loving a Female Sex Robot: Insanity or Reality?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Billy wrote:lol. Whiney Worf. Worf was a joke ;-). But Khan was also a joke. He looked like an old rockstar.lol

Here are some facts to William Shatner:

Did you know that he is a jew? What will odbo say?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/577990-p ... t/55098613
Worf was annoying. But Khan, hey, he has a super high IQ. He even memorized manuals on how to pilot the USS Enterprise in just a few days. lol And when he gained control of the USS Reliant, he still remembered how to fly a starship. lol

Btw, I think Ladislav would be Dr. McCoy in our "Happier Abroad" Enterprise, because McCoy was always big on emotion and compassion. That's why he didn't get along with Spock. In the same manner, Ladislav is lacking in logic, which he even admits, but big on compassion, giving and helping others, even when it hurts him financially. So he would fit as the Dr. McCoy of our team. lol

And Momopi of course, is the "Mr. Spock" of our team because he is logical, practical, emotionless, and exact with numbers and figures. lol

Also, Repatriate would be Mr. Sulu, because he's Asian, and Rock would be Mr. Chekov, because Rock has a Russian/Slavic face with slanted eyes. LOLOLOL

What a happy team huh? The best in the fleet. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Note: 2 HR full length movie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCIicLlg ... re=related[/youtube]
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Winston, yeah Ladislav is McCoy. I think Konrad could be "Q" because he is an alien and makes what he wants. Q is the intergallactic troll ;-).

Expat ist Captain Sisco ;-)

Arab is a traveller from the Klingon imperium ;-)

Guitar Guy is Bajuverian, because he is so sensitive ;-)
Also our religious guys are from there.

2Feathure is somekind of an intergallactical "healer" ;-)

Roosh ist Back Rogers from Battlestar Gallactica ;-) (I know they are differnet movies,lol)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:Note: 2 HR full length movie.

Have you seen it? Is it worth watching? I'll try to find it on IMDB first and see the reviews before I spend 2 hours on it. lol

Ok I found it. It sounds interesting. I'll check it out. The Japanese robot girl must be hot. lol

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929860/
A lonesome college student, Jiro, is spending his 20th birthday alone, when suddenly, a beautiful girl turns up. The few hours that he spends with her are the most incredible moments of his life and Jiro is overwhelmed by his good-fortune in meeting her. But his happiness does not last long as she disappears as suddenly as she appeared. A year later, on his 21st birthday, Jiro runs into her again at the same restaurant, where she saves him and countless others from a crazy assassin. She looks the same, but this time she is somehow different. It is the beginning of a relationship that would change his life forever.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Winston wrote:

Have you seen it? Is it worth watching? I'll try to find it on IMDB first and see the reviews before I spend 2 hours on it. lol

Ok I found it. It sounds interesting. I'll check it out. The Japanese robot girl must be hot. lol

A lonesome college student, Jiro, is spending his 20th birthday alone, when suddenly, a beautiful girl turns up. The few hours that he spends with her are the most incredible moments of his life and Jiro is overwhelmed by his good-fortune in meeting her. But his happiness does not last long as she disappears as suddenly as she appeared. A year later, on his 21st birthday, Jiro runs into her again at the same restaurant, where she saves him and countless others from a crazy assassin. She looks the same, but this time she is somehow different. It is the beginning of a relationship that would change his life forever.
Well one thing's for certain, James Cameron needs to sue these fellas. You couldn't have more verbatim copied, her 2nd visitation from any T' movie.

But yeah, people aren't looking for full reciprocation in *love*; they're merely looking for companionship & support. Unfortunately, chick flicks tend to miss this point which is why the movie, 'The Vow' makes no sense. In reality, after a decade of marriage, Rachel McAdams and the protagonist would be like 'just friends' anyways. The fact that she got her memory scratched, only hastened the process. Sorry, but that's the reality of marriage.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:

We just saw this movie, after I downloaded it and played it on my media player on the big screen TV. It was FANTASTIC! Thanks Momopi. It was a long movie, but worth it. The PLOT TWIST at the end was AMAZING, sweet and romantic too! I never saw it coming. The girl robot was very hot too. Her behavior and mannerisms are a lot like Cameron in Terminator. And yeah, as S_Parc says, the way she appeared was like Terminator as well. Did you see it too S_Parc? What did you think?

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Winston wrote:We just saw this movie, after I downloaded it and played it on my media player on the big screen TV. It was FANTASTIC! Thanks Momopi. It was a long movie, but worth it. The PLOT TWIST at the end was AMAZING, sweet and romantic too! I never saw it coming. The girl robot was very hot too. Her behavior and mannerisms are a lot like Cameron in Terminator. And yeah, as S_Parc says, the way she appeared was like Terminator as well. Did you see it too S_Parc? What did you think?
Yes, I saw it and it was quite excellent. It's chick flick meets disaster film meets Terminator. Hey, wait a minute, isn't that 'Titanic' meets 'Terminator', two James Cameron films :wink:

The ending, however, creates an unresolvable paradox but hey, so be it. It's hard enough to make a time travel movie w/o lengthy plot holes.

All and all, I think the movie is actually foreshadowing a future phenomena. What the female android represents is a man's connection to his own soul but with the missing "feminine half". And thus, I feel that in many ways, starting in 2020 or so, robotic companions will be a type of a completing of a circle where in effect, although a person is truly alone in the world, the idea of a animatronic companion will create a type of union, even if it's only psychological in nature.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

There is this game I have played called Megaman Zero 4, and within the plot of the game, there is this human girl named Neige that has fallen in love with this robot named Craft, long before the events of the game. and throughout the series, a human scientist named Ciel was allegedly in love with a robot named Zero (the protagonist of the Megaman Zero games)...
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Generally speaking, in the entertainment business it's OK to copy or parody something if it's a reasonably short segment and a one-off. i.e. if you wanted to publish a Star Trek parody comic, it's probably OK if it's one time only, but if you want to make a whole series out of it, then you'd need to go talk to Paramount. Masakazu Katsura is a big Batman fan and you can see funny little parodies of Batman in his manga, which has been published in the US. So far DC Comics has been OK with it.

Speaking of androids, there was an earlier Korean movie titled "I'm a cyborg but that's OK", starring Bi Rain. It's quite good and some of you might like it, if you enjoy movies that are a bit "out there". Here's the first 6 parts on YT subbed in English, you can find the rest on YT:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MlMYr8_ ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQDg15KQ ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3vDxyLx ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfyu-L3x ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpsiKWNw ... re=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvfnTuVt ... re=related[/youtube]
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

S_Parc, I like your conclusions ;-)

Platon says the the genders are searching for there other half.
I think many men have to search for their "feminine" part in themself. ;-)
I know I will be crucified for saying that. But who cares ;-)
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Billy wrote:S_Parc, I like your conclusions ;-)

Platon says the the genders are searching for there other half.
I think many men have to search for their "feminine" part in themself. ;-)
I know I will be crucified for saying that. But who cares ;-)
In principle, it's akin to the union with one's soul.

So metaphorically, the earth bound individual is longing for his connection to divinity and finds an essence of it, being with a woman which then unites his two halves, body and soul. Granted, I don't personally buy into it but that's the notion.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:There is this game I have played called Megaman Zero 4, and within the plot of the game, there is this human girl named Neige that has fallen in love with this robot named Craft, long before the events of the game. and throughout the series, a human scientist named Ciel was allegedly in love with a robot named Zero (the protagonist of the Megaman Zero games)...
You really need to hit Comic Con and Anime Expo to find a girl... I love games but I haven't played a Megaman games since MM4 and I don't talk about my games or anime with women. Most don't get it, don't understand, don't wanna understand either. Many think its childish... Just sayin.

As for this f***ing robots stuff, its always been apart of science fiction (mostly in books) for a very long time. There are people working very hard on this but it will take many advances in micro power sources and micro sciences in general to make it possible. I'd say you won't see what you would deem replacement type devices until the late 21st at best.

Humanity moves slowly in some places and quickly in some others. We'll have to deal with real climate, population and energy concerns going forward that will derail much of this development. What would speed it up is robots replacing men for dangerous work (under water activities, cold weather) or hostile environment (Venus, Mars).
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

djfourmoney wrote:are people working very hard on this but it will take many advances in micro power sources and micro sciences in general to make it possible. I'd say you won't see what you would deem replacement type devices until the late 21st at best.
The robots, which will start to come out, circa 2020, will have a lot of the actual computation (vision processing, expert controllers, etc) on the desktop computer, which will be a supercomputer (room full of present day IBM P7s) in a decade's time. Thus, the actual 'bot, itself, is just a silicone-encased exoskeleton with sensors, actuators, and wireless routers, etc. The real heart/brain of the 'bot will be the desktop, operating the device remotely.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

S_Parc wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:are people working very hard on this but it will take many advances in micro power sources and micro sciences in general to make it possible. I'd say you won't see what you would deem replacement type devices until the late 21st at best.
The robots, which will start to come out, circa 2020, will have a lot of the actual computation (vision processing, expert controllers, etc) on the desktop computer, which will be a supercomputer (room full of present day IBM P7s) in a decade's time. Thus, the actual 'bot, itself, is just a silicone-encased exoskeleton with sensors, actuators, and wireless routers, etc. The real heart/brain of the 'bot will be the desktop, operating the device remotely.
I don't disagree with Robots that will take care of children and the elderly will be widely available in the next 10-15 years. What I was saying is that acceptable replacements for female humans (think Blade Runner) won't happen until the end of the century for several reasons.

1) The pending Energy Crisis will force most of the smart minds to work on finding alternative energy sources. While work will continue on robotics it won't be with Manhattan Project type budgets. On top of that, we would have past safe levels of green house gases (if we haven't already) and more strange weather events and flooding will happen (deaths).

2) The economic crisis if you can't tell by the riots in Athens will continue and get deeper as I believe as others feel the Bankers have won, at least this round. Protest and Riots will continue, why do you think Congress voted for (everybody but one or two) NDAA. They want to outlaw decent. There will not be any investment in things like robotics for anything but for replacing line workers on at factories going forward. Also you have politicians blaming everybody BUT the Banks for all these issues, so while that continues, no grand investment in robotics.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

djfourmoney wrote: I don't disagree with Robots that will take care of children and the elderly will be widely available in the next 10-15 years. What I was saying is that acceptable replacements for female humans (think Blade Runner) won't happen until the end of the century for several reasons.

1) The pending Energy Crisis will force most of the smart minds to work on finding alternative energy sources. While work will continue on robotics it won't be with Manhattan Project type budgets. On top of that, we would have past safe levels of green house gases (if we haven't already) and more strange weather events and flooding will happen (deaths).

2) The economic crisis if you can't tell by the riots in Athens will continue and get deeper as I believe as others feel the Bankers have won, at least this round. Protest and Riots will continue, why do you think Congress voted for (everybody but one or two) NDAA. They want to outlaw decent. There will not be any investment in things like robotics for anything but for replacing line workers on at factories going forward. Also you have politicians blaming everybody BUT the Banks for all these issues, so while that continues, no grand investment in robotics.
Here's the scoop, albeit, direct investment in let's say a Robot for 'Maid Service', with 100% Darryl Hannah look-a-like features, may not be tenable the way VC financing works today, however, realize this ... a security camera in 5-7 years will be attached to a desktop, with immense computational power. And for the most part, what limits vision processing algorithms today is just that, not enough brute force. But shortly, it'll be available and then, security firms will be able to monitor all activities outside of one's apartment w/o needing a person to watch each and every camera. This is an application which will get tons of financing from both the govt and the private sectors.

Well, part of the spill over effect, from the above Big Brother projects, is that it'll then be a part of robotics, moving ahead. Thus, I don't see that Robots need direct, guided financing, like let's say Nuclear Fusion reactors. It's more of a convergent technology, in terms of software-hardware integration. As for of AI/robotic R&D, Japan will lead, in terms of consumer projects and the US, in terms of DoE/DoD work. Robot apps will then be done by consumer products companies like Apple, Honda, Mitsubishi, IBM (think mobile Watson), etc.

As for energy crisis, in the past decade, a lot of the US Shale has been coming online and thus, fossil fuel shortages have been postponed for another few decades. And if Synfuels (coal->petrol) also gets re-started, perhaps another two centuries. Yes, Japan isn't as lucky here, but they seem to find ways of coping. Perhaps, the US can finally have a trade surplus with Japan, if the Dakotas can produce in excess, via 2020. We'll see.

All and all, the Blade Runner perfected female droid is clearly Sci-Fi, and 22nd century, but I think Spielberg's A.I., at least some of the crude models in the movie, will be available in 15-25 years.