Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Viruses on this site

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Viruses on this site

Postby lookin4happiness » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:36 pm

My Virus scan is reporting viruses on this site this morning... Someone might want to look into that it seems to be a common problem over at HA.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:48 am







Postby lookin4happiness » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:46 pm

PS why is it that since I have been visiting this site all the sudden I am seeing ads all over the net for "FINDING CUTE SINGLE PHILLIPINO GIRLS" or some such shit. Winston is selling our shit man!
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:48 am

Postby Winston » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Can you be more specific? What viruses? Show the exact report. Sometimes hackers get into Godaddy's servers and infect sites. Godaddy seems to be lacking in security.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby lookin4happiness » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:10 pm

it was a trojan horse. I don't know more than that... This has happened to me SEVERAL times on this site. What gives man?
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:48 am

Postby OutWest » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:27 pm

lookin4happiness wrote:it was a trojan horse. I don't know more than that... This has happened to me SEVERAL times on this site. What gives man?


Viruses on this site are a chronic problem. It's not GoDaddy's fault! LOL!
I would suspect ad server issues or issues with computers used to manage this site.
Got to clean up the shit, in more ways than one!

outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Winston » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:40 pm

OutWest wrote:
lookin4happiness wrote:it was a trojan horse. I don't know more than that... This has happened to me SEVERAL times on this site. What gives man?


Viruses on this site are a chronic problem. It's not GoDaddy's fault! LOL!
I would suspect ad server issues or issues with computers used to manage this site.
Got to clean up the shit, in more ways than one!

outwest


It is GoDaddy's fault. Didn't you read the other threads about this problem? The last virus was traced to a problem on Godaddy's servers. They denied it at first, but after I googled the virus name, I found out from several blogs that it was only affecting Godaddy hosted sites. Furthermore, my Google Webmaster tools also traced the problem to Godaddy's servers. I copied and pasted the report to Godaddy and they finally fixed the problem, after I showed them hard evidence that the problem was with them. They are always in denial at first though, so you have to show them hard evidence or else they won't bother. It's all documented in the other threads about viruses. Didn't you see it?

I checked McAfee SiteAdvisor and it is not reporting any problems on this site.

I'll contact Godaddy again and show them the same report that I showed them last time. Hopefully, that will convince them to fix the problem on their servers.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby OutWest » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Winston wrote:
OutWest wrote:
lookin4happiness wrote:it was a trojan horse. I don't know more than that... This has happened to me SEVERAL times on this site. What gives man?


Viruses on this site are a chronic problem. It's not GoDaddy's fault! LOL!
I would suspect ad server issues or issues with computers used to manage this site.
Got to clean up the shit, in more ways than one!

outwest


It is GoDaddy's fault. Didn't you read the other threads about this problem? The last virus was traced to a problem on Godaddy's servers. They denied it at first, but after I googled the virus name, I found out from several blogs that it was only affecting Godaddy hosted sites. Furthermore, my Google Webmaster tools also traced the problem to Godaddy's servers. I copied and pasted the report to Godaddy and they finally fixed the problem, after I showed them hard evidence that the problem was with them. They are always in denial at first though, so you have to show them hard evidence or else they won't bother. It's all documented in the other threads about viruses. Didn't you see it?

I checked McAfee SiteAdvisor and it is not reporting any problems on this site.

I'll contact Godaddy again and show them the same report that I showed them last time. Hopefully, that will convince them to fix the problem on their servers.



Well I was too fast to assume- but turn over every stone. There are numbers of links to sites having issues with GoDaddy hosting and viruses.


Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Winston » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:58 am

Are you still having virus problems? If so, what is the name of the trojan and what program are you using to detect them?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Ned Zeppelin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Winston, I have seen people on youtube and such accuse you of putting a virus on their computer. I'm not saying its true but im saying that it obviously been an ongoing problem.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Postby lookin4happiness » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:25 pm

No its not going on as before.. But my virus scanner did find many infected files on my computer after I scanned it after getting the msg while logging onto this site. I don't know how to read the scan logs to figure out exactly what trojan horse it was but the program I am using is "avast" anti-virus. It is free-ware.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:48 am

Postby momopi » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:01 am

The site has link to www.anatasiaffiliate.com, which is marked as "high risk level" by Trend Micro anti-virus. If the default was to block high risk level sites, then this web site would inaccessibile.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Winston » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:38 pm

momopi wrote:The site has link to www.anatasiaffiliate.com, which is marked as "high risk level" by Trend Micro anti-virus. If the default was to block high risk level sites, then this web site would inaccessibile.


You mean www.anastasiasaffiliate.com with an "s" after "anastasia". However, McAfee SiteAdvisor says that that site is a safe site. See this report:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/http%3 ... liate.com/

Anastasia is a huge site and business run by top notch people and professionals. I'm sure they'd take care of any such virus problems.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Ned Zeppelin wrote:Winston, I have seen people on youtube and such accuse you of putting a virus on their computer. I'm not saying its true but im saying that it obviously been an ongoing problem.


That was years ago. It has been fixed by now. It was caused by one of my ad programs before, which refused to fix the problem. Now it only happens because hijackers mess with Godaddy's servers.

Of course I wouldn't place viruses on this site. I don't know why idiotic people keep saying that. That's so f***ing stupid. Why would I do that? I've addressed that stupid claim a million billion times already, yet people still bring it up. People are so f***ing stupid! I swear!
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests