Viruses on this site

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Viruses on this site

Post by lookin4happiness »

My Virus scan is reporting viruses on this site this morning... Someone might want to look into that it seems to be a common problem over at HA.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

PS why is it that since I have been visiting this site all the sudden I am seeing ads all over the net for "FINDING CUTE SINGLE PHILLIPINO GIRLS" or some such shit. Winston is selling our shit man!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Can you be more specific? What viruses? Show the exact report. Sometimes hackers get into Godaddy's servers and infect sites. Godaddy seems to be lacking in security.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

it was a trojan horse. I don't know more than that... This has happened to me SEVERAL times on this site. What gives man?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

lookin4happiness wrote:it was a trojan horse. I don't know more than that... This has happened to me SEVERAL times on this site. What gives man?
Viruses on this site are a chronic problem. It's not GoDaddy's fault! LOL!
I would suspect ad server issues or issues with computers used to manage this site.
Got to clean up the shit, in more ways than one!

outwest
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OutWest wrote:
lookin4happiness wrote:it was a trojan horse. I don't know more than that... This has happened to me SEVERAL times on this site. What gives man?
I would suspect ad server issues or issues with computers used to manage this site.

outwest
It is GoDaddy's fault. Didn't you read the other threads about this problem? The last virus was traced to a problem on Godaddy's servers. They denied it at first, but after I googled the virus name, I found out from several blogs that it was only affecting Godaddy hosted sites. Furthermore, my Google Webmaster tools also traced the problem to Godaddy's servers. I copied and pasted the report to Godaddy and they finally fixed the problem, after I showed them hard evidence that the problem was with them. They are always in denial at first though, so you have to show them hard evidence or else they won't bother. It's all documented in the other threads about viruses. Didn't you see it?

I checked McAfee SiteAdvisor and it is not reporting any problems on this site.

I'll contact Godaddy again and show them the same report that I showed them last time. Hopefully, that will convince them to fix the problem on their servers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:
OutWest wrote:

outwest
It is GoDaddy's fault. Didn't you read the other threads about this problem? The last virus was traced to a problem on Godaddy's servers. They denied it at first, but after I googled the virus name, I found out from several blogs that it was only affecting Godaddy hosted sites. Furthermore, my Google Webmaster tools also traced the problem to Godaddy's servers. I copied and pasted the report to Godaddy and they finally fixed the problem, after I showed them hard evidence that the problem was with them. They are always in denial at first though, so you have to show them hard evidence or else they won't bother. It's all documented in the other threads about viruses. Didn't you see it?

I checked McAfee SiteAdvisor and it is not reporting any problems on this site.

I'll contact Godaddy again and show them the same report that I showed them last time. Hopefully, that will convince them to fix the problem on their servers.

Well I was too fast to assume- but turn over every stone. There are numbers of links to sites having issues with GoDaddy hosting and viruses.

Outwest
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are you still having virus problems? If so, what is the name of the trojan and what program are you using to detect them?

Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

Winston, I have seen people on youtube and such accuse you of putting a virus on their computer. I'm not saying its true but im saying that it obviously been an ongoing problem.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

No its not going on as before.. But my virus scanner did find many infected files on my computer after I scanned it after getting the msg while logging onto this site. I don't know how to read the scan logs to figure out exactly what trojan horse it was but the program I am using is "avast" anti-virus. It is free-ware.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The site has link to www.anatasiaffiliate.com, which is marked as "high risk level" by Trend Micro anti-virus. If the default was to block high risk level sites, then this web site would inaccessibile.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:The site has link to www.anatasiaffiliate.com, which is marked as "high risk level" by Trend Micro anti-virus. If the default was to block high risk level sites, then this web site would inaccessibile.
You mean www.anastasiasaffiliate.com with an "s" after "anastasia". However, McAfee SiteAdvisor says that that site is a safe site. See this report:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/http%3 ... liate.com/

Anastasia is a huge site and business run by top notch people and professionals. I'm sure they'd take care of any such virus problems.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ned Zeppelin wrote:Winston, I have seen people on youtube and such accuse you of putting a virus on their computer. I'm not saying its true but im saying that it obviously been an ongoing problem.
That was years ago. It has been fixed by now. It was caused by one of my ad programs before, which refused to fix the problem. Now it only happens because hijackers mess with Godaddy's servers.

Of course I wouldn't place viruses on this site. I don't know why idiotic people keep saying that. That's so f***ing stupid. Why would I do that? I've addressed that stupid claim a million billion times already, yet people still bring it up. People are so f***ing stupid! I swear!