Anyone else not care about the Superbowl like me?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Is Boston racist? Ask Jim Rice...

Aren't you a bit late H2F?? LOL Love me some College and Pro Football, Madden and NFL Gameday on the Playstation, Woot, Woot.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

have2fly wrote:Did not watch NO Superbowl at all! I never watched American football in general. The game is awkward to me. Yes, everyone is watching it like crazy besides me. But it feels good not to care about useless game and does not bring any benefit into your life.
Besides, I just don't understand watching sports in general, unless you are learning and using it in your life. What is a pleasure behind seeing a few dudes scoring? It's not you scoring, not your friends, not your relatives, why do you care? Americans seem to be the biggest on watching sports. Other countries are ONLY big on watching International Games when they cheer for their national teams - I can somewhat justify that, but still watching those games are useless as well.
I agree with you 100%. People here are too into sports like if it were a religion. People actually "fight" over who's team is winning/losing, literally fist fighting. I've seen it happen many times. They become so attached to a team to the point that they get emotional about it. I think it is ridiculous to be that emotionally attached to any type of sports team. :roll:
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

djfourmoney wrote:Is Boston racist? Ask Jim Rice...
Here's a nice anti-Red Sox rant ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... eld/050412

And lack of regard for Jim Rice, as well as a former white player, like Dwight Evans, is highlighted. In other words, Boston Red Sox fans are douchebag drama queens.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

I don't care for the Superbowl nor sports in general. I hate sports with a burning passion.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

This year I cared about the super bowl because I wanted Ray Lewis to win one before he retired and he's one of my favorite players.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re:

Post by Zambales »

Repatriate wrote:
I think the Brits are the least receptive to it but the NFL managed to win Canada over so they know to push hard in other anglo markets.
There's a big fanbase in the UK now mainly due to a handful of games being played over here each season. I personally prefer watching American Football to an English game like rugby, but the Superbowl can be a real grind because of all the adverts.

It's televised here at stupid o'clock so I don't think I've ever watched one from start to finish without falling asleep at some point. I tend to watch the highlights of games on YouTube so I might do the same with the Superbowl this year, unless the Falcons beat the eBay Packers tomorrow. I quite like them nowadays.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone else not care about the Superbowl like me?

Post by Cornfed »

That’s some niggers scampering around on a field after a ball, right?