Why is Winston so fat?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

AmericanInMexico wrote:No, not utter tripe. You are still stuck in the 1990s where people fail to take into account such factors as insulin (the key to fat storage) and still subscribe to this 20-year out-of-date notion of calories in, calories out.

Those of us in the know know that carbohydrates and fat are metabolized differently in the human body. I eat 250-300g of fat every day and never get fat despite not exercising. Why? Because I avoid carbs.
Someone should tell physicists that humans don't obey the first law of thermodynamics. If you don't gain weight it's because you eat at maintenance. Also, insulin doesn't need to be spiked for fat to go into storage, it isn't the single nor most important hormone involved in fat storage. Protein raises insulin just as much as carbohydrates do, so even on a zero carb diet insulin will still be raised, not that insulin is a bad hormone, far from it. Even basal insulin levels are not zero. You seem to be basing your views on cherry picked research.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Post by GuitarGuy996 »

chileanueva wrote:
GuitarGuy996 wrote:If Winston makes you or Konrad the forum administrator, I will be leaving this forum faster than you can say "Lord of the Flies".

This is the last I'm going to say so I avoid the label of "troll baiter" but: you and Konrad (which I believe are the person) post endless, copious amounts of next to meaningless material. If you want your words to be worth some weight, time them right and say what needs to be said WHEN it needs to be said. Just because you can make posts that seem intellectual (aka lots of words), that does not mean they mean anything. That is all from me.
I'm sick of Guitar Guy's attitude towards me. He is some New Age Christian dork who can't face up to a real man like me. I never demanded or wanted to be an admin. I just expressing my ideas and viewpoints. If you disagree with them, great, now shut the f**k up. Don't be a p***y lil baby and blame me for everything. I didn't make Winston fat. Winston made himself fat.

Respect? Respect is earned, not given. I am not a yes-man for Winston. I don't need to kiss his ass or win his approval. A real man rolls like a boss and pimps like a gangster.

Guitar Guy's arrogant assumption that his words are better than mine. I challenge him to an intellectual thread of Chileanueva Vs. Guitarguy and sees who wins with superior logic and arguments. Of course he won't do it because he'll make a p***y whore excuse not to do it. He'll pull a Mayweather. Typical coward.

Talk about me again Guitar guy. And see what happens. I dare you.
Dude, really? You went on a tirade a few weeks ago bashing every single person in this forum complete w/racial slurs. Then, you apologize. Then, you do it again. Then, everyone seems to forget about it and let you keep posting nonsense here.

Oh, and I decline your challenge. I have better things to do man. For arguments sake, you win.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

I know plenty of folks, who're practically VIPs at Haagen & Dazs, and don't seem to gain weight. The reason for it is high metabolism.

For the rest of us, however, we have a much lower basal metabolic and thus, we need to gently raise our internal thermometer, so that we can lose the blubber.

Thus, it's best to exercise, while keeping one's calorie intake the same, & cutting out the calories past 7PM (assuming that one gets to bed at 10PM).
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

I am dissapointed of you all. There is no one tailored method for Winston which you guys have delivered. I suggest he should do some serious sportfucking. Let´s say 3h ouer sessions at least 2 times a week. Maybe he can make a protocoll and put his results on the forum.
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

Billy wrote:I am dissapointed of you all. There is no one tailored method for Winston which you guys have delivered. I suggest he should do some serious sportfucking. Let´s say 3h ouer sessions at least 2 times a week. Maybe he can make a protocoll and put his results on the forum.
Last time I checked, this is a forum. Input and opinions are par for the course. Since when do you reign supreme as judge and the ultimate authority knowing better than all of us whats best for Winston? Your remarks have always rubbed me the wrong way, Billy. f**k you dude.
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Talking about trolls ;-).
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

The S_Parc challenge

Post by S_Parc »

Ok, I wasn't going to get specific but I think the vagaries have gone on long enough. Here's my challenge ...

Here's the workout routine, which I believe, will tone you up quickly. Then, it's up to you to modify your diet to lose the excess fat.

Seated Exercise Bike - 20-30 minutes per day x 4-5 days per week. Vary the resistance so that you're *done* by the 30 min mark. If this exercise ever gets 'easy', attach strap-on ankle weights for a greater challenge. If your knees are a challenge, you'll need to switch to a cable rowing apparatus. But all and all, this is the safest cardio workout. Treadmills and SkiMachines are overrated.

Then, using dumbbells ...

Overhead Military Press - X lbs x 14-16 reps x 3 times per week (alternate days). Yes, repetition 14 to 16 should get you tired.

Dumbbell Side Rows - X lbs x 14-16 reps x 3 times per week (alternate days). This is for that upper back & rear deltoids, unless you have a seated rowing/lat pulldown equipment at home.

Especially with free weight dumbbells, don't train to failure. That's a recipe for sore rotator cuffs and injury.

If you do the above for 2-3 months, you'll have a toned physique with a higher metabolic rate and from there, losing weight but keeping lean muscle won't be difficult.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

It's not that hard to get in shape. The weight training is important, there's only so many calories you can burn from running around.

Weight training creates a metabolic demand.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: The S_Parc challenge

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

S_Parc wrote:Ok, I wasn't going to get specific but I think the vagaries have gone on long enough. Here's my challenge ...

Here's the workout routine, which I believe, will tone you up quickly. Then, it's up to you to modify your diet to lose the excess fat.

Seated Exercise Bike - 20-30 minutes per day x 4-5 days per week. Vary the resistance so that you're *done* by the 30 min mark. If this exercise ever gets 'easy', attach strap-on ankle weights for a greater challenge. If your knees are a challenge, you'll need to switch to a cable rowing apparatus. But all and all, this is the safest cardio workout. Treadmills and SkiMachines are overrated.

Overhead Military Press - X lbs x 14-16 reps x 3 times per week (alternate days). Yes, repetition 14 to 16 should get you tired.

Dumbbell Side Rows - X lbs x 14-16 reps x 3 times per week (alternate days). This is for that upper back & rear deltoids, unless you have a seated rowing/lat pulldown equipment at home.

Especially with free weight dumbbells, don't train to failure. That's a recipe for sore rotator cuffs and injury.

If you do the above for 2-3 months, you'll have a toned physique with a higher metabolic rate and from there, losing weight but keeping lean muscle won't be difficult.

^ That and a 6 week cycle of Winnie...lol You guys in SE Asia are lucky as you all can get gear without a scrip.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Re: The S_Parc challenge

Post by leavingusa »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Ok, I wasn't going to get specific but I think the vagaries have gone on long enough. Here's my challenge ...

^ That and a 6 week cycle of Winnie...lol You guys in SE Asia are lucky as you all can get gear without a scrip.

Gear is readily available just about everywhere with the internet.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

The S_Parc challenge continues

Post by S_Parc »

Here's an add-on, for the exercise bike ... if your knees are solid and biking gets easy. Ride 10-12 mins at the highest resistance level. Stop, get off the bike and do 20 squats in place. No weights are needed unless this is too easy. If it's easy, hold 15-40 lb dumbbells and squat with them.Then, get back on the bike for another 10-12 mins. Then, do another 20 squats when the 20-24 min mark is up. Then cycle again, as hard as you can't for a final 6-10 mins. Don't waste time w/ a cool down. Instead, stretch your hamstrings and quads for 5-7 mins, as a way to cool off.

The idea above is that you should never allow yourself to habituate to any cardio level. Thus, don't become one of those persons, who starts biking/rowing for half-hour and then, rides a type of cardio plateau of doing it, 45 min to 1.5 hours per session. That's a go nowhere exercise program. The initial 30 min period has to have you feeling spent.

Personally, I've added wrist weights to the exercise bike routine and have practiced shadowing boxing, while biking at the highest resistance level. Yes, after 30 mins, I'm beat.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

AmericanInMexico wrote:There is only one reason why anyone is fat. Carbohydrates.
Carbs have a bad name but that is not true....

I have consumed plenty of carbs but have lost between 6-8 pounds in the past Two + Week since I started this workout plan and diet.

I am sorting out my diet with this plan so its not done yet, but I went from 198-200lbs to 192lbs since I started this on Monday will be three weeks and the start of week four.

I will bench at least 150lbs and curl at least 35lbs in each hand by the end of March. Muscles burn Protein, Fat and Carbs.

The more lean muscle you have, the less you need to worry about Carbs. You want to consume in 1/3rds and no over-eat or take two portions when you meant to take one. Look at the labels....

Also get at least 8 hours of sleep, that burns 2,300 calories alone. One pound of fat is 3,500 calories. Most people have a 2,000 Calorie diet. If I just did 2 hours and 30 mins of anything from walking to something heavier a week and eat only 1,800 calories instead of 2,000, limit my intake of sugars (which create fat), fats (obviously ) and drink plenty of water (8 cups a day) you'll loose 1lbs of fat a week.

I hover between 1,600-1,800 calories on this diet + weight training and 30 mins of cardio everyday.

Workout is about hour and 15 mins total depending on how crowed the gym is. You can try Bockrock.tv if you don't wanna join a gym and do it at home with some simple things like a gym bag with rice or sand bags in it for weight.

You're only overweight because you want to be, its fairly simple.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The S_Parc challenge continues

Post by djfourmoney »

S_Parc wrote:

Here's an add-on, for the exercise bike ... if your knees are solid and biking gets easy. Ride 10-12 mins at the highest resistance level. Stop, get off the bike and do 20 squats in place. No weights are needed unless this is too easy. If it's easy, hold 15-40 lb dumbbells and squat with them.Then, get back on the bike for another 10-12 mins. Then, do another 20 squats when the 20-24 min mark is up. Then cycle again, as hard as you can't for a final 6-10 mins. Don't waste time w/ a cool down. Instead, stretch your hamstrings and quads for 5-7 mins, as a way to cool off.

The idea above is that you should never allow yourself to habituate to any cardio level. Thus, don't become one of those persons, who starts biking/rowing for half-hour and then, rides a type of cardio plateau of doing it, 45 min to 1.5 hours per session. That's a go nowhere exercise program. The initial 30 min period has to have you feeling spent.

Personally, I've added wrist weights to the exercise bike routine and have practiced shadowing boxing, while biking at the highest resistance level. Yes, after 30 mins, I'm beat.
Too much Cardio lessen muscle development, I don't run it that hard 25-30 mins everyday. Weight are two days, one day off, two days, one day off, two days. You can do lunges with dumbells, just as good as squats.

Get a protein shake mix, take that at least three times a day and one before you work out. You also want to take in oatmeal or another good source of carbos so you have energy to complete your workout.

I am hardly tired after a work out. 2 mins recovery time and I'm back to normal breathing levels.

At my current pace I should bench 200lbs + near the end of this. (3rd week of 12).
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: The S_Parc challenge continues

Post by S_Parc »

djfourmoney wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Here's an add-on, for the exercise bike ... if your knees are solid and biking gets easy. Ride 10-12 mins at the highest resistance level. Stop, get off the bike and do 20 squats in place. No weights are needed unless this is too easy. If it's easy, hold 15-40 lb dumbbells and squat with them.Then, get back on the bike for another 10-12 mins. Then, do another 20 squats when the 20-24 min mark is up. Then cycle again, as hard as you can't for a final 6-10 mins. Don't waste time w/ a cool down. Instead, stretch your hamstrings and quads for 5-7 mins, as a way to cool off.

Too much Cardio lessen muscle development, I don't run it that hard 25-30 mins everyday. Weight are two days, one day off, two days, one day off, two days. You can do lunges with dumbells, just as good as squats.
I agree w/ the too much Cardio lesson, which is why I have it limited to 30 mins, 4 times per week. Unless of course, your plan is to run the Boston Marathon.

The problem with most exercisers is that they habituate to a relatively easy cardio of 45 min to 1 hr on the threadmill, with no addtl benefits. My plan, which seems to work, it to keep cardio limited to 30 mins but to make those 30 mins really count.