Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why is Winston so fat?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby GuitarGuy996 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:18 pm

If Winston makes you or Konrad the forum administrator, I will be leaving this forum faster than you can say "Lord of the Flies".

This is the last I'm going to say so I avoid the label of "troll baiter" but: you and Konrad (which I believe are the person) post endless, copious amounts of next to meaningless material. If you want your words to be worth some weight, time them right and say what needs to be said WHEN it needs to be said. Just because you can make posts that seem intellectual (aka lots of words), that does not mean they mean anything. That is all from me.
GuitarGuy996
Freshman Poster

Postby S_Parc » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Billy wrote:S_Parc, but Sumo fighters are gods in Japan ;-).

I don´t think that creatin creates a problem. You will only have little more water in your body. That´s it. Creatin doesn´t make fat.

It gives him at least the power to start things.

Except that instead of accessing that layer of blubber, during the first 20+ minutes of rowing (or exercise biking), it'll happen after the first 45 mins. And if you're not a highly motivated exerciser, then you're kinda cheating the process of slimming down. If one needs motivation, take a time release caffeine pill :wink:
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby chileanueva » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:37 pm

There is no shortcuts to losing weight and burning fat. Diet fads don't work.

It takes the discipline and hard work of EXERCISE + lifting weights. Lots of cardio - walking, running, jumping. YOU HAVE TO MOVE YOUR BODY.

The reason Europeans are more healthy because they WALK everywhere or bike around. Americans sit around, drive everywhere, and eat fast food poison.

If you want to be healthy and live long, STOP BEING A FAT ASS. Otherwise, just shoot yourself in the head IF YOU GOT ANY GUTS.
"Stop talking. Just Do It." - ME

"Treat women like shit because they are lying, manipulating, cheating whores." - ME
chileanueva
Freshman Poster

Postby Ned Zeppelin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Lifting weights and exericse just makes losing weight more painful. What you need to do is cut down on the amount of calories you consume. If you think about it, working out just makes your body crave more food to restore the energy that you burnt off by exercising.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Postby Billy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Ned good point. But in moderation sport is good. Nobody wants to be a weak guy. Muscles are in genearal healthy.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Ned Zeppelin wrote:Lifting weights and exericse just makes losing weight more painful. What you need to do is cut down on the amount of calories you consume. If you think about it, working out just makes your body crave more food to restore the energy that you burnt off by exercising.

Ned, it cuts both ways. If you normally don't exercise and you suddenly cut calories, your overall metabolism will dip down to help compensate.

What needs to happen is kinda two fold. If you maintain the same overall total calories, it's best to consume them, about 3-4 hours prior to your sleep. That way, your baseline insulin level is at its lowest, just before sleep. This is what stimulates growth hormone secretion overnight and muscle building vis-a-vis fat reduction.

But then, along with the above, during-the-day exercise needs to be added to increase one's basal metabolic rate to lower one's set point for fat retention. This can be any combination of an exercise bike, pushup/pullups, and some dumbbells.

Thus, if you're a pastry/donut/cheesecake fan, like Homer Simpson, better have 'em for breakfast than either lunch or dinner. And then, if you have a Chicken Parm or Cheeseburger for lunch, but want to lose weight, have a half dinner (like <6 oz Sirloin) w/ some cooked string beans and then snack on raw carrots or bell peppers, later, if you have cravings in the mid-evening.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby AmericanInMexico » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:33 pm

There is only one reason why anyone is fat. Carbohydrates.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:23 pm

I think Winston's large figure is only a shock because this is the guy who has devoted his life to travel! His fatness is a complete and utter contradiction, in so many ways. Asian and European diets are generally healthier than any cuisine in America, and here's a guy who created a website about getting off your butt and traveling abroad in various regions, AND takes this way of life into action, and yet he's more out of shape than most Americans who eat fast food religiously! I'd say the 2-ton gorilla in the room had to be discussed sooner or later.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Postby Seeker » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:42 pm

He's fat because he eats too many calories. There's nobody in the universe who doesn't obey the energy balance equation. If you eat more than you burn you'll gain weight. Is he in Taiwan right now? I dunno why he doesn't just go on a cut. Try eating 500 to 700 calories below maintenance. Estimate your maintenance calories with a calculator like this one:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calori ... or/NU00598

It's only an estimate, so you may have to experiment to get it right at first.

AmericanInMexico wrote:There is only one reason why anyone is fat. Carbohydrates.

Utter tripe.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Postby chileanueva » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 am

GuitarGuy996 wrote:If Winston makes you or Konrad the forum administrator, I will be leaving this forum faster than you can say "Lord of the Flies".

This is the last I'm going to say so I avoid the label of "troll baiter" but: you and Konrad (which I believe are the person) post endless, copious amounts of next to meaningless material. If you want your words to be worth some weight, time them right and say what needs to be said WHEN it needs to be said. Just because you can make posts that seem intellectual (aka lots of words), that does not mean they mean anything. That is all from me.

I'm sick of Guitar Guy's attitude towards me. He is some New Age Christian dork who can't face up to a real man like me. I never demanded or wanted to be an admin. I just expressing my ideas and viewpoints. If you disagree with them, great, now shut the f**k up. Don't be a p***y lil baby and blame me for everything. I didn't make Winston fat. Winston made himself fat.

Respect? Respect is earned, not given. I am not a yes-man for Winston. I don't need to kiss his ass or win his approval. A real man rolls like a boss and pimps like a gangster.

Guitar Guy's arrogant assumption that his words are better than mine. I challenge him to an intellectual thread of Chileanueva Vs. Guitarguy and sees who wins with superior logic and arguments. Of course he won't do it because he'll make a p***y whore excuse not to do it. He'll pull a Mayweather. Typical coward.

Talk about me again Guitar guy. And see what happens. I dare you.
"Stop talking. Just Do It." - ME

"Treat women like shit because they are lying, manipulating, cheating whores." - ME
chileanueva
Freshman Poster

Postby AmericanInMexico » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:46 am

Seeker wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:There is only one reason why anyone is fat. Carbohydrates.

Utter tripe.

No, not utter tripe. You are still stuck in the 1990s where people fail to take into account such factors as insulin (the key to fat storage) and still subscribe to this 20-year out-of-date notion of calories in, calories out.

Those of us in the know know that carbohydrates and fat are metabolized differently in the human body. I eat 250-300g of fat every day and never get fat despite not exercising. Why? Because I avoid carbs.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Postby ph_visitor » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 am

AmericanInMexico wrote:
Seeker wrote:

Utter tripe.

No, not utter tripe. You are still stuck in the 1990s where people fail to take into account such factors as insulin (the key to fat storage) and still subscribe to this 20-year out-of-date notion of calories in, calories out.

Those of us in the know know that carbohydrates and fat are metabolized differently in the human body. I eat 250-300g of fat every day and never get fat despite not exercising. Why? Because I avoid carbs.

You assume like so many that the present is better than the past.

It isn't.

Go rent a boring movie from 1978-1982 with young teen actors who were undiscovered, playing a child in a family in some dull movie.

Notice how thin they were.

That's what I and my friends and my siblings and my classmates all looked like in the late 70's and early 80's.

The fact is that people eat too much now and they did not then.

They eat process crap now and we did not then.

All this complication with adipose and sugar levels and carbs and insulin and this and that and all that is just bullshit.

People were not fat in 1980 and it's because they ate less and ate real food. Everyone had cars then, they just didn't eat as much or as much processed toxic crap.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:36 am

ph_visitor wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:
Seeker wrote:

Utter tripe.

You assume like so many that the present is better than the past.

It isn't.

Go rent a boring movie from 1978-1982 with young teen actors who were undiscovered, playing a child in a family in some dull movie.

Notice how thin they were.

That's what I and my friends and my siblings and my classmates all looked like in the late 70's and early 80's.

The fact is that people eat too much now and they did not then.

They eat process crap now and we did not then.

All this complication with adipose and sugar levels and carbs and insulin and this and that and all that is just bullshit.

People were not fat in 1980 and it's because they ate less and ate real food. Everyone had cars then, they just didn't eat as much or as much processed toxic crap.

Yup, from my memories, I don't remember seeing too many fat people around in the 80s. At least, nowhere to the level of obesity we have today...I remember back then, KFC tasted like real chicken, Pizza Hut was really, really good, and McDonald's was actually edible. Unless, I'm imagining things...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ErikHeaven » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Winston being fat is really none of anyone's business. Its his body and his life and get over yourselves.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Postby ErikHeaven » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:23 pm

I battle weight myself and i ride my bicycle everyday and i jog every other day. I cursed somebody out some years ago for criticizing me in public. I should have punched the guy. Respect people or get your ass knocked the f**k out. That is how i live my life. Mind your f***ing business and respect people.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions