Why is Winston so fat?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Why is Winston so fat?

Post by chanta76 »

Winston,

You and I are about the same age and same height but the difference is I work out regularly and look much better in shape. You mentioned your eating healthier in China and walking more. That's a good start..but you need to do more to really create change.
Here was my work out routine this past week..Monday..went for 30 mins run followed by kettlebells and clubbell work out for 30 mins. Tuesday..swam for an hour follow by core exercise for 20 mins.
For wednesday I plan on running again with body weight movement and clubbell training. Thats just this week..

I made it a lifestyle choice to work out regularly...I could easily do 50 push ups if not more and 20 pull ups. I ran the NYC marathon and do weekend road races. I used to lift weights where I once dead lifted 400lbs ( which is actually just so-so numbers for powerlifter) at 160 lbs body weight now..that I'm older I do more strength endurance work out ..such as timed kettlebell swings or snatch.

For diet I keep it simple eat natural food and in moderation. I still eat junk food but only in moderation..my wife makes mostly healthy food which HELPS big time.

In order to change your body composition you have to add high intense training with resistance training. I seen your pic..you have poor muscle tone and that will lead to lower metabolism and in the long run easy weight gain.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston, you have so many advantages compared to many guys on this forum who are basically desk jockeys chained to their desks 40+ hours a week.

I dream of my retirement and probably the first thing that I'll do is check out a couple of different martial arts styles and eventually pick one. I'll find something that I can enjoy with my wife with the sole purpose of keeping in shape! Lucky you, you have this time available to you now!!!!!!

Don't know if you watch Anthony Bourdain at all. But last season he was bragging that he gave up smoking and bam...all of a sudden his stomach started to grow. So on the new season, I just watched his segment on San Francisco and he looked noticeably healthier. Well lo and behold he revealed that he's doing Brazilian Jujitsu. He got into it because his wife competes. They profiled him dropping into a Jujitsu studio in San Fran and they showed what his workout entails. Guess they have a very rigorous warm up that lasts half an hour.

Bourdain said that it took him 6 months of practice to get thru the warm ups. That's how out of shape he was. He lives in Manhattan and he says he's in there every morning working out. Now he's able to get thru the entire warm up and routine without any problems and he loves it. Said it's changed his life. He likes it because it's almost like chess in that you have a variety of moves and counter moves that you use to defeat your opponent.

Winston, come on!!! If frickin' Anthony Bourdain can do it so can you. Another beautiful thing is that where ever you travel, martial arts studios are all over the world and I'm sure most will allow a traveler to come by and workout for a nominal fee.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

pete98146 wrote:Winston, you have so many advantages compared to many guys on this forum who are basically desk jockeys chained to their desks 40+ hours a week.

I dream of my retirement and probably the first thing that I'll do is check out a couple of different martial arts styles and eventually pick one. I'll find something that I can enjoy with my wife with the sole purpose of keeping in shape! Lucky you, you have this time available to you now!!!!!!

Don't know if you watch Anthony Bourdain at all. But last season he was bragging that he gave up smoking and bam...all of a sudden his stomach started to grow. So on the new season, I just watched his segment on San Francisco and he looked noticeably healthier. Well lo and behold he revealed that he's doing Brazilian Jujitsu. He got into it because his wife competes. They profiled him dropping into a Jujitsu studio in San Fran and they showed what his workout entails. Guess they have a very rigorous warm up that lasts half an hour.

Bourdain said that it took him 6 months of practice to get thru the warm ups. That's how out of shape he was. He lives in Manhattan and he says he's in there every morning working out. Now he's able to get thru the entire warm up and routine without any problems and he loves it. Said it's changed his life. He likes it because it's almost like chess in that you have a variety of moves and counter moves that you use to defeat your opponent.

Winston, come on!!! If frickin' Anthony Bourdain can do it so can you. Another beautiful thing is that where ever you travel, martial arts studios are all over the world and I'm sure most will allow a traveler to come by and workout for a nominal fee.
Ah, this would be pretty cool. Even if Winston sees it as too violent, even if he did something like Tai Chi or something regularly, it'd likely help him a great deal.

Anyway, Winston, you spoke of Chinese astrology as being a reasoning why you're so fat. Now, I'm not going to debate with you about the specifics of the actual astrology (I am a horse, btw) but, according to Chinese medicine, there are different food/dietary types needed for different body types and constitutions, with astrological sign being a part of it. But most is that food has different properties, heating, cooling, damp, dry, etc. Now, I'm not an expert in TCM, but from viewing pictures of you, you have problems of excessive heat and dampness. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_food_therapy http://www.lotusrootacupuncture.com/nutritition.html Heat because of acne and dampness because of the pot belly and swollen cheeks. This is my diagnosis, but since you're in China, it should be quite easy and cheap to find a doctor of Chinese medicine who can tell you a good dietary plan for your ailments and constitution.

For me personally, because I am more of a yang person (Yang Metal Horse) I need more yin foods, and actually cannot eat much meat or else I get very aggressive and short tempered. However, some people, especially very skinny and frail type of people do need more meat, you'll see them be excessively pale for example. But for me, in my diet cutting down meat and excessively "heaty" foods makes me feel much better and more even headed feeling. This even has to do with climate, too. You can even notice this among cultures. Take for example, Vietnam or China vs the Philippines. The Philippinos tend to be more short sighted, more hot headed, etc, and you can actually say this is in part due to their diet. High meat levels, lots of fried food, coupled with a hot climate. So it leads to the same conditions in psyche and body. You can look across cultures, the cultures with lower meat levels tend to be more calm, less aggressive, etc. The Vietnamese and Chinese have relatively lower meat levels in their diets, and due to the Chinese influence, you can notice this in Viet food, they'll try to offset the meat in a dish with something cooling to make it more balanced. IE, banh mi has pickled carrot and cucumber, and cucumber is cooling, thus kind of offsetting the meat. Same the soups with lots of vegetables, etc. Even common Chinese people will say "Oh, I need to eat more beef and spicy food because it's cold out." But won't eat spicy food in the summer.

Obviously, this isn't like some 100% fool proof thing, but please do look into this. Calories and all this do matter, but this is something, not really astrological, but more esoteric, to experiment with. Look at the TCM properties of various foods you eat, and the properties of yourself (being 100% honest) and see what needs fixing. You can even notice simple things like feeling hot all the time with a high meat/cheese/fried food diet, and this is due to having internal "heat" levels increased. Then if you eat say, only salads and cold foods for a few weeks, you'll notice you'll be very cold basically everywhere you go. You notice this especially with women, why they always say "I'm so cold" as they tend to be less heatier and/or of a yang constitution than men. But a large part of this is why different diets do work better for different people. For example, a raw vegan diet tends to actually work very well for an average white male, as they tend to have a very yang and heaty type constitution, so it balances them out well and they feel on top of the world.

I wish I could say more, but probably sound a bit crazy. But this is something you should look into alongside actually counting your calories, as it may help you lose weight, but your life generally will improve dramatically if you have a dietary type that works for your body type and whatever your goals are. Also, in your case, I would say quite simply for you right now, working on this model, avoid cheese (probably hard to get in China) and oily food, or food that's fried, and if you eat out, order a soup or dumplings instead. For alcohol, simply switch to wine, as beer is more dampness inducing, and wine expels dampness (but increases heat...)

PM me about this more if you want.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

^^^^ Great post. Enjoyed that!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

People who can't loose weight, tend to have massive toxin build up creating blockages. It's like you have a Formula1 car, but you're in constant traffic. It's fast but can't go anywhere due to the traffic. The toxin build up in one's body is like traffic, it slows down everything, stops functions such as weight loss too, slows meatbolism, slows the lymphatic system, slows digestion, slows vitamin absorbtion and assimilation etc. The worst part is more & more toxins will build up and slow your kidneys and liver until they fail if you don't detox your system. This is the long term effect. First sign of toxins is bloated gut or as we say pot belly/beer belly, acne, & tiredness.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
josephty1
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty1 »

Deleted
Last edited by josephty1 on July 27th, 2018, 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Getting regular exercise is very important especially as we age. Not just to look good for but also for health reasons.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr. Wu has no excuse for being fat, as agent 007 he should get plenty of exercise chasing thugs and whores.
Time to Hide!
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

josephty1 wrote:Read this ebook (Dark Side of Fat Loss)

Please download it, as I may remove the link later
Paul Chek is a ridiculous New Age huckster.
josephty1
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty1 »

Deleted
Last edited by josephty1 on July 27th, 2018, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

If Winston has a workout partner like the girl below, he would be at the gym with her exercising everyday! :lol:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't understand something. I don't eat very many sweets or junk food. I eat very healthy. And I don't drink or smoke. I have peace of mind and a happy disposition most of the time too. Yet in spite of all that, I'm still fat and have low energy and stamina. How can that be? In theory I should not be fat. What's the problem? What are we missing? No one seems to be able to pinpoint it. Something may be out of balance in my system.

Yes it's true I don't exercise except for walking around. But most people don't exercise either. Gyms are not a mandatory part of life. So that can't be the only thing that's wrong.

Also, I've always had low stamina ever since I was a child. I could not keep up with the other kids in PE class. When we all jogged, I was left behind along with a few fat kids. Maybe I am weak because I am an alien soul who just doesn't fit into this materialistic greedy dog-eat-dog world, so my soul and body wilt? I definitely have traits that go against what you are supposed to be in this world. And I do not share this world's materialistic values either. When you are out of your element, or a fish out of water, you will definitely wilt, both physically and mentally. Maybe that's what's wrong?

Or maybe the mercury fillings in my teeth have caused something to be out of balance in my system? Or my body needs meat protein, not just vegetable or egg protein?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Post by gnosis »

Winston,

Do you have type 2 diabetes? If so, that might help explain why you feel tired all the time.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

I don't know if it's been mentioned already,in this thread,I'm too lazy to read all the posts...but get your hormones and full blood profile done...it's a must over 40yo...You would probably benefit from testosterone replacement therapy as well as proper estrogen management and even growth hormone(which is unaffordable in the States but easily available overseas)...just my 2 cents take it as you will.
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Post by MustVisitAsia123 »

Winston wrote:I don't understand something. I don't eat very many sweets or junk food. I eat very healthy. And I don't drink or smoke. I have peace of mind and a happy disposition most of the time too. Yet in spite of all that, I'm still fat and have low energy and stamina. How can that be? In theory I should not be fat. What's the problem? What are we missing? No one seems to be able to pinpoint it. Something may be out of balance in my system.

Yes it's true I don't exercise except for walking around. But most people don't exercise either. Gyms are not a mandatory part of life. So that can't be the only thing that's wrong.

Also, I've always had low stamina ever since I was a child. I could not keep up with the other kids in PE class. When we all jogged, I was left behind along with a few fat kids. Maybe I am weak because I am an alien soul who just doesn't fit into this materialistic greedy dog-eat-dog world, so my soul and body wilt? I definitely have traits that go against what you are supposed to be in this world. And I do not share this world's materialistic values either. When you are out of your element, or a fish out of water, you will definitely wilt, both physically and mentally. Maybe that's what's wrong?

Or maybe the mercury fillings in my teeth have caused something to be out of balance in my system? Or my body needs meat protein, not just vegetable or egg protein?
You have to work hard in the gym to obtain a fit body. Some people have better genetics than you and that's reality. Bench, deadlift and squats with test replacement will get you jacked