Worst-Case Scenario..

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Worst-Case Scenario..

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

In the worst case scenario, where us good posters break away from this forum and form our own, I have been thinking (for the past several weeks) that we need to make this new forum "By Invitation Only", which would severely reduce the troll problem, if not outright eliminate it altogether. Granted, the effect on possible flame wars may be negligible at best, but trolling is a far worse problem. For example, if a troll's activities manage to dissuade even one person from going abroad, then that is ONE PERSON TOO MANY.

I implore the owner to do something about these trolls before they damage your legacy and work.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
chileanueva
Freshman Poster

Post by chileanueva »

War is inevitable.

TIME FOR THE COMING MADNESS AND CHAOS TO ENSUE! DESTROY!!!
"Stop talking. Just Do It." - ME

"Treat women like shit because they are lying, manipulating, cheating whores." - ME
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

The 500 Club

Post by Rock »

According to forum stats, there are 23 members who have 500 or more posts to their name. This group has probably produced the bulk of decent forum content. Here is the list:

Winson
momopi
jamesbond
ladislav
odbo
Rock
Mr S
E Irizarry
NorthAmericanguy
Repatriate
globetrotter
djfourmoney
Jackal
ErikHeaven
Think Different
Grunt
Adama
The Hero of Men
MrPeabody
ssjparris
boycottamericanwomen
S Parc
The Adventurer

Of course Winston is the king with nearly 10,000 posts. But I've noticed many of the highest volume contributors have been more quite than usual as of late - Winston, momopi, ladislav, Mr S - for example. Others have left vocally (globetrotter) or quietly (Think Different). The the core is kinda fading out. Perhaps a new band will move-in to fill the void or a few trolls will take over. I suspect that Winston is currently distracted with either family matters, his China plans, or perhaps some sort of personal crisis, who knows. He's kinda MIA these days and that means both no moderating (since no system is in place) and less interesting content.

This is a good opportunity for those who've been overly active here to make an escape and spend more time in the real world, lol. Will be interesting to see how this plays-out.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Didn´t know that we are in the business of saving lives.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Ah, I suspect some people who have left came back under various aliases.

This site generates too many warning messages from the firewall. I cannot log on from work or on my work laptop, or else I'd have to have a conversation with the IT folks about all the triggered warnings.

It's kind of ironic that after spending 15 years working in IT, now I'm in the PMO (Project Management) side and having to deal with the IT department. >_>