Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Conform, to make money, not to find love

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Conform, to make money, not to find love

Postby S_Parc » February 16th, 2012, 2:34 pm

Hello fellows,

There's been a lot stated about conformity and such. Since we're on this forum, this is our breather from the conforming culture around us.

But, if you conform, for the sake of let's say making money, a type of "PUA" (using that negative expression lightly) salesperson or business consultant, then you make the dough for those trips to Dominican Republic or Panama for R&R.

Likewise, if you do the coursework, expected of you, to get good grades in let's say pharmacy, accounting, or what have you, then you'll also find money at the end of the rainbow.

But in terms of love and relationships, drop conformity like a hot potato. If anything, it degrades your soul and makes you akin to AWs' male alter ego, a phoney person who talks about personal power but is constantly seeking reassurance from the society around you.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 8:01 pm




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby Guyver » February 16th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Good post, S_Parc, and I totally agree. Conform only for the sake of making and saving money for that planned vacation to Russia/Latvia/Argentina. It's all a facade but I believe necessary for your own security to keep people off your back while you make your plans. Love and relationships in western society isn't worth the entertainment of my thoughts.
Guyver
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 147
Joined: November 6th, 2011, 3:13 am

Postby S_Parc » February 16th, 2012, 3:24 pm

Guyver wrote:Good post, S_Parc, and I totally agree. Conform only for the sake of making and saving money for that planned vacation to Russia/Latvia/Argentina. It's all a facade but I believe necessary for your own security to keep people off your back while you make your plans. Love and relationships in western society isn't worth the entertainment of my thoughts.


Hey, I see Buffalo NY in your public profile. Did you know that you can drive over to the Toronto area, for R&R?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: November 12th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Re: Conform, to make money, not to find love

Postby momopi » February 16th, 2012, 4:25 pm

S_Parc wrote:Hello fellows,
There's been a lot stated about conformity and such. Since we're on this forum, this is our breather from the conforming culture around us.
But, if you conform, for the sake of let's say making money, a type of "PUA" (using that negative expression lightly) salesperson or business consultant, then you make the dough for those trips to Dominican Republic or Panama for R&R.


Look for career opportunities that could post you abroad.

i.e. QUALCOMM in China has 130 job openings:
http://www.qualcomm.com/careers/pro/china


Here's something that I'm just not "connecting the dots". Why worry about having to do this and that to make enough money to afford a plane ticket, when you can have someone else pay for it?

Back in 1990s when I was going to college, I went and got a job that offered to pay my tuition. Why pay for it myself when I can get someone else to pay for it?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4746
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Conform, to make money, not to find love

Postby navigator » February 16th, 2012, 7:47 pm

momopi wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Hello fellows,
There's been a lot stated about conformity and such. Since we're on this forum, this is our breather from the conforming culture around us.
But, if you conform, for the sake of let's say making money, a type of "PUA" (using that negative expression lightly) salesperson or business consultant, then you make the dough for those trips to Dominican Republic or Panama for R&R.


Look for career opportunities that could post you abroad.

i.e. QUALCOMM in China has 130 job openings:
http://www.qualcomm.com/careers/pro/china


Here's something that I'm just not "connecting the dots". Why worry about having to do this and that to make enough money to afford a plane ticket, when you can have someone else pay for it?

Back in 1990s when I was going to college, I went and got a job that offered to pay my tuition. Why pay for it myself when I can get someone else to pay for it?


Working for a multinational company isn't the worst idea in the world. You could even work stateside for a while and then request a transfer to one of the company's overseas locations. One of my friends did this and is currently working in Hong Kong.
navigator
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 101
Joined: October 3rd, 2011, 2:01 pm

Postby The_Adventurer » February 17th, 2012, 6:48 am

There is a quote which says: "The fastest way to succeed is to look as if you're playing by other people's rules, while quietly playing by your own." ~Michael Korda
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: August 23rd, 2007, 5:17 pm

Postby Guyver » February 17th, 2012, 2:52 pm

S_Parc wrote:
Guyver wrote:Good post, S_Parc, and I totally agree. Conform only for the sake of making and saving money for that planned vacation to Russia/Latvia/Argentina. It's all a facade but I believe necessary for your own security to keep people off your back while you make your plans. Love and relationships in western society isn't worth the entertainment of my thoughts.


Hey, I see Buffalo NY in your public profile. Did you know that you can drive over to the Toronto area, for R&R?


Yep, I've been there plenty of times. Too expensive though and the women are just as bad with their entitlement attitudes. Still, Toronto has just about everything you can think of as far as things to do.
Guyver
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 147
Joined: November 6th, 2011, 3:13 am


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests